EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Naylie-DelANews

Community Relations

Currently the Guide program is figuring out guide coverage for the server. Until that time the Swat Guides and the Community Team will be covering running quests on the server. We are in the process of working out a schedule for the next two weeks and once that is done we will be posting it here.

We anticipate the first Frostfell quests being run on the server early Thursday morning with a follow up appearance by Brasse around 7:30 pm.

Stay tuned for more information.

Community Relations Manager

Guide Liaison - Station Pass Games
Naylie-DelANews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Catria

Loremaster

When you say schedule, will you be giving dates AND times?  My hubby is addicted to quests and will want to know so he can schedule accordingly.  LOL!

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
Indabuff

Loremaster

Great news will be looking forward to the fun when our server comes back....

Indabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #4
Isulith

Community Relations

For Thursday, December 22, 2011, Charbon will be on Freeport at 12:00 PM PST and Brasse will be on at 7:30 PM PST to offer out a few more Frostfell quests.

Isulith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Charbon

Senior Guide

Isulith wrote:

For Thursday, December 22, 2011, Charbon will be on Freeport at 12:00 PM PST and Brasse will be on at 7:30 PM PST to offer out a few more Frostfell quests.

I might be there.. arasai's perrogative. ;p Okay fine I'll be there. ;ppp Maybe I'll bring a frostfell goblin along with me. You volunteer Isulith?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Elomort

Loremaster

Great to see this happening, I hope once it's fully running that there will be guides in the very busy AU/EU peak play times too! This time around I don't mind missing out on the guides for Frostfell though (eg: Brasse is on duty at 2:30pm AEDT no way to expect her to hang around until Midnight SMILEY)

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Elomort wrote:

Great to see this happening, I hope once it's fully running that there will be guides in the very busy AU/EU peak play times too! This time around I don't mind missing out on the guides for Frostfell though (eg: Brasse is on duty at 2:30pm AEDT no way to expect her to hang around until Midnight )

We can't really guarantee that, but the Guides will try to be as around as possible depending on when they have the availability, especially once it gets into full swing.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
Charbon

Senior Guide

Squeecha wrote:

Elomort wrote:

Great to see this happening, I hope once it's fully running that there will be guides in the very busy AU/EU peak play times too! This time around I don't mind missing out on the guides for Frostfell though (eg: Brasse is on duty at 2:30pm AEDT no way to expect her to hang around until Midnight )

We can't really guarantee that, but the Guides will try to be as around as possible depending on when they have the availability, especially once it gets into full swing.

You're really going to trust what a ratonga says?

Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Hush bug.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
Katttara

Lord

Can anyone give an idea as to how long these last/they stay? Never had this before so new to me, and I managed to log on an hour later and was no one around...so I am guessing less than an hour?

Kat :@
Katttara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Charbon

Senior Guide

T ypically guide quests are about 30-90 minutes unless they are something ilke the Aether Races which go for about six hours.

I hope that helps.

-Charbon

Old 12-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
Indabuff

Loremaster

well I was there on time and waited around for over a half hour and no one showed so not sure you missed anything.

Indabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #13
Charbon

Senior Guide

The Aether Races are up for a few hours~ have fun!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
Tallann

Guide

Indabuff wrote:

well I was there on time and waited around for over a half hour and no one showed so not sure you missed anything.

*sneaks in through the unlocked back door*

Forgive the intrusion, but I just thought that I would point out, for anyone who is new to the joys of "Guide sightings", that all times listed are PST, unless otherwise noted. That might not explain the absence mentioned in the above message, but I figured that I would throw it out there.

It should also be noted that there's always the possibility that events/appearances will be delayed due to interferences from the Real Life demon, unexpected downtime, technical difficulties, etc. -- you know what they say about the best-laid plans. We try our best, but sometimes delays are unavoidable.

I hope that everyone enjoys having the Guide program on Freeport!

*rushes back out*

- Tallann

Tallann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
Elomort

Loremaster

I adore that avatar Tallann!

Wewt for us having wonderful guides helping out!!

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
Squeecha

Senior Guide

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

When you say schedule, will you be giving dates AND times?  My hubby is addicted to quests and will want to know so he can schedule accordingly.  LOL!

Whenever we post one here, it will give dates and times. Times will always be Pacific time.

That doesn't mean every quest or activity will be listed here, but we will try as much as we can.

You'll see more examples in the next few days.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:15 AM   #17
Lunie

Hero

I been waiting at the Frostfell Tree to find out the disturbance that was felt world wide near it.  Now, I hear there's a guide in Freeport.  Kinda sucks that I'm a Qeynosian, and still heard that red-blurb about the disturbance, but can't get to it. 

Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
Karilee

Lord

Thank you, thank you!  I hope you all know how much your efforts are appreciated.  I'm so excited to be able to take part in these events now and judging by the massive crowd I was just trapped in, I'm not the only one who is glad you're here SMILEY

Quick question - if the same quest is offered on another occasion, can it be repeated?  Or are the guide quests a one-time deal per character?

Karilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #19
Andemon

Loremaster

Thanks for the race, got a disc for all of my alts. SMILEY

This was the very first time that I've ever been around for a guide event. ...am usually at work or asleep when they happen.

Andemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Charbon

Senior Guide

Karilee wrote:

Thank you, thank you!  I hope you all know how much your efforts are appreciated.  I'm so excited to be able to take part in these events now and judging by the massive crowd I was just trapped in, I'm not the only one who is glad you're here

Quick question - if the same quest is offered on another occasion, can it be repeated?  Or are the guide quests a one-time deal per character?

Most of our quests can be repeated.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #21
Charbon

Senior Guide

Lunie wrote:

I been waiting at the Frostfell Tree to find out the disturbance that was felt world wide near it.  Now, I hear there's a guide in Freeport.  Kinda sucks that I'm a Qeynosian, and still heard that red-blurb about the disturbance, but can't get to it. 

That red-blurb doesn't always happen - guides don't have that 'power' - it could have been one of the Sony Community Team.

If a guide does a broadcast or /shout - it will only be in one zone, we'll sometimes try to jump over to adjacent zones and point folks in the right direction as well as use 1-9.

-Charbon

Old 12-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
Katttara

Lord

I had to miss most of yesterday's times due to RL things...but when checking out real quick before I had to go, Brasse said that there would be more today. Any idea of what times that will be?  (Thanks, by the way!)  =)

Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #23
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, it's not a "Guide" thing, but I know that they is plannings to open the Community Lounge at 10:30 AM Pacific today (Friday, 12/23).

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...512376&#5691054

Then at 11 AM Pacific, there should bes a gobbylin in the Frostfell Wonderland needings help with some lost gifts for those who didn't participate befores.

And I is hopings to does some other things later today myself, some of which I will post here and some which will be done as surprises.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #24
Katttara

Lord

Ok, two things I am a tad confused on SMILEY

I thought the community parties were on five other servers (from reading news posts)...are you meaning Freeport?  If so, then very nice! =)

And the lost gifts quest...I thought those were given in qeynos and freeport...not the FW village...or did I miss something?

Thanks again =)

Old 12-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #25
Squeecha

Senior Guide

They posted in that thread I linked to that they would be opening the Community Lounge portals on the others at 10:30 AM Pacific today.

And the Lost Gifts yesterday may have been in Qeynos or Freeport, but today you should look in the Wonderland. Not every Quest we runs will be in the same place every time.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #26
Isulith

Community Relations

Katttara wrote:

Ok, two things I am a tad confused on

I thought the community parties were on five other servers (from reading news posts)...are you meaning Freeport?  If so, then very nice! =)

And the lost gifts quest...I thought those were given in qeynos and freeport...not the FW village...or did I miss something?

Thanks again =)

We are opening the portals on all servers, however the parties are only being held on the five listed in the article. Since Freeport had a Nights of the Dead party, they unfortunately will not be getting a Frostfell party. We have to spread out limited resources to make sure we get to all the servers, which means we usually have to split up events. To compensate, we try to make sure the Community Lounge is available on ALL servers so that players can throw their own parties there if they so wish.

The quests can be given out in a variety of places depending on the mood of the Guide. SMILEY

I hope that helps! Merry Frostfell!

Old 12-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #27
Isulith

Community Relations

For today, Friday, December 23, 2011 our wonderful bug Charbon will be available at 11:00 AM PST to give out a Frostfell quest or two. Then, Brasse will be available starting at 7:30 PM PST. Enjoy!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
Conner_McCrea

Lord

Many thanks for the Community Lounge today, it's great seeing Guides around on Freeport, it's something I missed from my days way back in EQ1. Hoping Guide events become a regular occurance in the near future, interacting with real people is always much more enjoyable compared to static NPC quests.

Conner_McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #29
Squeecha

Senior Guide

We is glad you likes it Conner. And yes, it will be. We is now officially on Freeport, and there's more funs to come.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #30
Conner_McCrea

Lord

Hullo Squee SMILEY

I was the Beastlord Somerled chastising my badger for misbehaving. VERY happy to hear you and your fellow Guides will be regulars around our part of the world, I know the RP heavy folks will be interested.

Conner_McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote