EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #31
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

just curious , how much station cash did it cost the eq2x crowd to finish the event ?  

With SC-for-plat trading all the rage on live, this is a very funny comment.

Not to mention all the gold buying from farmers.  Any time I log into Live I get bombarded with gold spam while I only rarely get it on Extended.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #32
p3t3rl1

Lord

ArtemisClyde wrote:

p3t3rl1 wrote:

Stating that Freeport has the biggest population is not a valid arguemnt. Freeport is only one server, gameplay is largely low levels. There are a whole bunch of Live servers, some just as much (if not equal or more) than freeport (AB for example). Also keep in mind that all live gamers pay a sub and one cannot say the same for EQ2x server.

Freeport might be great for low levels, its easy to find groups etc... Because it is new. 

Alot of us play EQ2 for the endgame and that is where the action is- live servers. 

There is nothing wrong with OP's thread but things got ugly when it turned into a competition of which server faster. 

hmm but then, by that logic, if we were all low levels, we would not at completed the spires first, would not have slain ulbrow , would not have finished half our x4 dragon ring raids....just...like...ab.  ignore the facts all you want. i ain't knocking other servers, i'm simply defending mine.  kthxbai =) 

That is what SJ said, look over what he said. Gameplay types are very different in the two kinds of servers. 

As Gaige as pointed out, EQ2x forums are over there. Anything EQ2x specific should be posted there, not here. If you want to defend your server, that is fine, EQ2x forums are a perfectly good place for that. 

Also, Deadcricket2, don't think you are so innocent. 

1. You started a thread on live forums stated specifically to grats Freeport, not any Live servers, on a Live Forum. 

2. You continually belittle the live servers, mentioning how we need GM assistance or the gold sell spam. 

You intentionally provoked people lik Gaige, what kind of other response did you expect?

Old 07-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
Gaige

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Remember when Gaige posted constructive arguments about why the EQ2 team should do X, Y, or Z?

I do that privately via email now, its much better that way.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #34
Kimber
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Ya'll realize that the OP is talking about the F2P server FP not the faction.  Really wish he would post in the F2P forums and not bother us but w/e.

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #35
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ya'll realize that the OP is talking about the F2P server FP not the faction.  Really wish he would post in the F2P forums and not bother us but w/e.

As a Live player I have the RIGHT to post here just as you do.  As Freeport is an EverQuest 2 server it has the right to be included in the celebrations.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #36
Anastasie

Loremaster

Congratulate yourself in your own forum.  This forum is for the Live game.  EQ2x is a separate service and they have their own forums.  If you are a live player as well, then discuss your live server accomplishments on the live forums. 

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #37
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

Wow ... Gaige rage and troll much?

I can't believe the prejudice I am reading from those others here... this is one game and it takes alot of folks to complete these events and yet those on live seem to think those on Freeport are scum and not worthy of an opinion or congrats when they accomplish something noteable. The racism is strong here and it's sad to see it ... Congrats to Freeport and everyone that has completed the event I have to say it's nice to see events pull people from all play styles to do things together and not have the segregation that you normally see.

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
Gaige

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

As Freeport is an EverQuest 2 server it has the right to be included in the celebrations.

Freeport is an EQ2x server, which is a seperate service that has its own forums for posts like these, located here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/forums/list.m

Separate service as delegated by Smoke Jumper.  Quit trolling about F2P here, none of us care about freeloaders and people who buy their progression.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
p3t3rl1

Lord

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

As a Live player I have the RIGHT to post here just as you do.  As Freeport is an EverQuest 2 server it has the right to be included in the celebrations.

EQ2x issues are separate. Don't mix them up. If you say you are a Live player then post Live issues here, not EQ2x speciifc issues, there is a separate forums for that, as many have kindly pointed out. 

No one is saying that Freeport should not be included in the celebrations, the fact you posted on an live server exclusively congratulating freeport while ignoring the achivement of live servers is where you are causing problems. 

Old 07-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #40
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Gaige wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

As Freeport is an EverQuest 2 server it has the right to be included in the celebrations.

Freeport is an EQ2x server, which is a seperate service that has its own forums for posts like these, located here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/forums/list.m

Separate service as delegated by Smoke Jumper.  Quit trolling about F2P here, none of us care about freeloaders and people who buy their progression.

Excuse me?  They don't buy their progression.  How about actually try the server and find out how it's REALLY setup before you spout ignorance.  The only ones who buy progression are the Exchange servers... who are buying characters from the other Live players who transfer there for FREE to fund their accounts.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #41
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

p3t3rl1 wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

EQ2x issues are separate. Don't mix them up. If you say you are a Live player then post Live issues here, not EQ2x speciifc issues, there is a separate forums for that, as many have kindly pointed out. 

No one is saying that Freeport should not be included in the celebrations, the fact you posted on an live server exclusively congratulating freeport while ignoring the achivement of live servers is where you are causing problems. 

One service, one game, one community.  Extended has WAY more in common with AB than the Exchange and PvP servers do.  Yet they can post here.  They can be discussed here.  Oh, my fault.  You guys are funding your accounts by selling on Exchange.  Silly me.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #42
p3t3rl1

Lord

deadcrickets2 wrote:

p3t3rl1 wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

One service, one game, one community.  Extended has WAY more in common with AB than the Exchange and PvP servers do.  Yet they can post here.  They can be discussed here.  Oh, my fault.  You guys are funding your accounts by selling on Exchange.  Silly me.

More in common in terms of gameplay? Perhaps. Common in terms of billing? Nope.

Everyone here pays an active sub, can't be said the same of EQ2x. You want post here? Pay a sub, post live issues. you got your own forums for eq2x issues. 

Btw, next time you talk about exchange servers, actually get some facts in. Exchange is kinda dead, no one plays there save for a very minor population. Exchange people pay their subs too, all of them. 

Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #43
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

Thread has gone off-topic.  When posting, please do not insult others.  Thank you.

SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote