EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
Notes

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Glenolas wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar didn't give a timeframe. That's not within his area really. He's the lead for the programming team and has better things to be doing than apologizing to you for something he never promised.

Then why did he jump into the thread and post a non answer? I simply pointed out that there was no news in his statement.

I am fully aware of what he does internally. We see thedaily stream of bugs, the best advertisement of his ability.

Tried CoV recently? It's only been in game 2 years, so probably a little too soon to actually work. Chased any warping mobs? He never explained why that feature was put into the game, never mind a timeframe for it being fixed. Threads that are his specialty get the silent treatment.

People often want a response from a red name, even if its not the exact answer they are looking for. My response was meant to let you know that the upgrades are still coming but I don't have an updated estimate at the moment. I'm checking with our network engineers to try to get some more information.

As far as the other issues, yes they exist. The game will never be 100% bug-free. If it weren't those two issues you mentioned, it would be two of something else. We are tackling the issues as fast as we can in the best priority that we can.

I will work part time for you fixing bugs, heck I would do it for just free accounts.

Noets

Notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #32
SmokeJumper

DoD

The most recent info we have is posted in the announcement thread on this subject:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=501811

I'll post more after I get more details.

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #33
Badd Boy

Loremaster

It should be illegal to screw your player base around like this. If you dont have a concrete time... dont post one.

"about two weeks" does not mean "about a month". Know your information before you post and make sure its right so it dont bite you in the tail.

Please stop dangling the carrot and just say you dont know until you have them in hand and are ready to turn them on imo.

I am sure you made those promises to take focus away from the security breach. It worked. Job well done, now its time to pay the piper with the promised you made.

Badd Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #34
aislynn00

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

It should be illegal to screw your player base around like this. If you dont have a concrete time... dont post one.

"about two weeks" does not mean "about a month". Know your information before you post and make sure its right so it dont bite you in the tail.

Please stop dangling the carrot and just say you dont know until you have them in hand and are ready to turn them on imo.

Well, gee, thanks for making that decision on behalf of the entire player base.

Personally, I'd like to hear as much as possible regarding SmokeJumper's plans and estimates, inaccurate as they may be, since they communicate intent, which is far more important than whether something is happening this week or three weeks down the line.

I am sure you made those promises to take focus away from the security breach. It worked. Job well done, now its time to pay the piper with the promised you made.

And I'm sure you should stop putting words in the man's mouth and spewing your paranoid fantasies in this forum. 

Firstly, SmokeJumper never "promised" anything.  He gave us his best educated guess as to the time table.

Secondly, the hardware upgrades will happen when they happen.  Meanwhile, the game is online, perfectly playable outside of PQ's, and remains, in fact, the best MMO currently in existence (aside from Vanguard, of course, but that is a ghost town), so there isn't any pressing need for those upgrades here and now.

Thirdly, as you seem to forget, Smokejumper and others don't have to tell you anything whatsoever.  You act as though you are somehow entitled to a personal line to the board of directors simply because you have decided to grace SOE with your monthly $12 (or however much you Americans pay these days). 

Your money buys you the right to play the game.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That is how it works with regards to pretty much any online game.

Therefore, anything SOE decide to do to improve the game experience--be it new server hardware, bug fixes, character balance improvements, or content expansions--it is something they do exclusively to please their customers (and thus, improve player retention, of course).  It is certainly not a stipulation in a contract between a player and the company.

Finally, SmokeJumper communicates more with the player base than any producer before him--heck, probably more than most developers.  As far as game producers go, while you may disagree with some of his priorities, there is no denying that this fellow takes his responsibilities seriously.  We players should be thankful for that, considering the alternative. 

aislynn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #35
Badd Boy

Loremaster

First of all... didnt post anywhere this was for the entire playerbase. So, in your words... stop spewing your paranoid fantasies in this forum.

No red names HAVE to say a thing. If they choose to, I have one request... post out of knowledge, not out of guesswork. Dont quote any time unless you are certain it will be true.

I love this MMO. Think its great. Not leaving. Just tired of waiting. Look at my posts, I dont post alot. I dont whine and complain.

Perfectly playable outside of PQ's? Do you raid? Do you play on Unrest? Lag is horrid on raid nights. Is it better, yes. Is it "perfectly playable"? No. Heck, if we have another security breach there will be no concern about the hardware. We will have the playerbase low enough and no lag at all.

Never said it is in a contract. While we will never get a written contract quoting times, the closest we will get is when the producer quotes a time frame. Should I just take for granted any quoted times are a lie?

Badd Boy is offline   Reply With Quote