EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Look and Feel
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Arweena69

Loremaster

So I  was looking though some of the LON artwork and I have to say I LOVE the look of the armor on some of the females and would really like to see stuff like that actually make it into game for us to wear.

Some examples:

http://kerembeyit.deviantart.com/ar...p;qo=8#/d2ir29g

I like both the outfits in that one, but I think the blue one is my favorite

http://michael-c-hayes.deviantart.c...rrath&qo=48

http://thenightlight.deviantart.com...Bully-100376946

I know you can only see the back on this one but I think there's enough to get the idea

http://graysun-d.deviantart.com/art...-Dead-139804417

the cape has to be a part of this one

http://graysun-d.deviantart.com/art...blade-140578659

Thoes are just a few example of the absolutely amazing outfits that LON shows on female toons that we can't get in game.

PLEASE consider giving us some of these great outfits to wear in game, there would be so much more variety in the outfits you see running around.

Arweena69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Zabjade

Loremaster

This reminds me, I really wish there was an official Everquest Deviant Art group. ( I avoid Twitter and Facebook like the plague)

Old 01-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
DrkVsr

Loremaster

Zabjade wrote:

This reminds me, I really wish there was an official Everquest Deviant Art group. ( I avoid Twitter and Facebook like the plague)

That's because they are a plague

Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Lethe5683

Loremaster

DrkVsr wrote:

Zabjade wrote:

That's because they are a plague

They are the plague.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Eritius
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Fate by Blood

Loremaster

Sort of off topic, though I'd like to see more artwork like that listed. Too much Fanart is done in DAZ. While it looks good, it all appears to be done by the same artist because of the models used.

I don't think I've seen DAZ fanart in Blizzard's fanart section, and their stuff looks amazing. Not saying that DAZ is bad, but its just getting a bit too common for my taste.

But to the subject at hand. More ways to customize the character the better. I like how the Opulet set is in two pieces for example. So you can mix and match it. Now if we can get Gi tops and bottoms to do the same, that would be pretty sweet. We've got imperceptable beauty items (wouldn't mind seeing these on the city festival merchants for city tokens) to hide unwanted parts.

Eritius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Zabjade

Loremaster

I do my Fan-art on paper with a pencil (some digital lineing and coloring.)

Jaxal's Stand

Klornie Kicks the Orc

A Troll too Ugly for other Trolls

Iksar Mother to Be (Which has some interesting clothing styling-in keeping with the female outfits)

Old 01-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
quiarrah

Loremaster

Well. . Reguardless of where the art is done and what program is used. . I am still pining for better looking clothes and armor for us ladies.

I used to play Guild Wars and they had some really NICE stuff . .. . .I would SOOOO wear this one http://thenightlight.deviantart.com...Bully-100376946

and this one too!

http://graysun-d.deviantart.com/art...blade-140578659

The costuming devs at SONY need to either get out of the rut they are in or hire someone more knowledgable in fashion. We need some top designers in the norrathian fashion world. . . .. I volunteer. . .even if its just for ideas! (someone has to be able to put ideas into graphics!)

Old 01-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
covic

Developer

This is something we want to do also.  We just have to block in the time.  I would like to get some more valkyrie type outfits for females and barbarian for males.  I really hope to add these new geo sets soon.  I fixed the underwear lines on all females this past year for this reason.  Its a process and I hope to get new outfits out as soon as I have time. 

Right now its tweak and make Velious great time.  I will see what my schedule is after Velious launch.  Hopefully I can start them soon.

Dave

Lead Character Artist

Everquest 2
covic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Valentina
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: House of Fallen Shadows

Loremaster

I agree... would LOVE more appearance options, particularly for female toons.
Valentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
Rijacki

Tester

covic wrote:

This is something we want to do also.  We just have to block in the time.  I would like to get some more valkyrie type outfits for females and barbarian for males.  I really hope to add these new geo sets soon.  I fixed the underwear lines on all females this past year for this reason.  Its a process and I hope to get new outfits out as soon as I have time. 

Right now its tweak and make Velious great time.  I will see what my schedule is after Velious launch.  Hopefully I can start them soon.

Dave

I'm very glad the panty lines were FINALLY addressed (after 5+ year, it was beyond "about time"). But.. I'm not holding my breath on new outfits that aren't in the same design as the current types because we've been told that so many times before... I'll believe it when I see it. And, yes, I know we'll only see them on the Marketplace. One could almost believer that there is some rule somewhere that the appearance for crafted wearable items have to be available in-game for 4+ years (with the kitty suits, a variation on the robes introduced with WoE, being the only exception).

Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
quiarrah

Loremaster

Rijacki wrote:

covic wrote:

Dave

I'm very glad the panty lines were FINALLY addressed (after 5+ year, it was beyond "about time"). But.. I'm not holding my breath on new outfits that aren't in the same design as the current types because we've been told that so many times before... I'll believe it when I see it. And, yes, I know we'll only see them on the Marketplace. One could almost believer that there is some rule somewhere that the appearance for crafted wearable items have to be available in-game for 4+ years (with the kitty suits, a variation on the robes introduced with WoE, being the only exception).

This may all be tru I am sure. . . but there are alot of other "in-game" styles that I for one would wear if they were craftable or even in a SC crate. I think the devs. . Dave. . need to look at the NPC clothes of say. . ..Oh. . .Sinking sands. . . Mara. . . I would love the little crop top and peddlepushers of the females in SS. Even my monk would not mind the casual style of the people of Mara.

Alll they have to do is look "in-game". We may be asking for too much when we request styles from outside the Everquest society. . that may be stretching the developers imagination or design capability . . but they have already got some nice clothing styles for NPC's  . .lets get those for the populace! (And another thing perhaps for the temp clothing for the city festivals. . . the GENIE outfit that the genie is wearing that tells your fortune! I WANT THAT even if it is only for a week!)

Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Blakkmantis
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Imperial Dragons

Loremaster

Never noticed the panty lines to be honest, guess I just wasn't looking HARD enuf, lol.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
Lethe5683

Loremaster

covic wrote:

I really hope to add these new geo sets soon.  I fixed the underwear lines on all females this past year for this reason. 

Still sort of messed up for ratonga but that's kind of a different issue.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
Eritius

Loremaster

Zabjade wrote:

Jaxal's Stand

Klornie Kicks the Orc

Iksar Mother to Be (Which has some interesting clothing styling-in keeping with the female outfits)

I've seen your stuff over on the Fanart side, and its been amazing

Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 AM   #15
Seidhkona

Loremaster

I'd kind of like some gear like this:

Old 01-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
quiarrah

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Oh yeah that would be nice. . however that is getting more like say. . .Aion or *cough.. . sputter. . .* LINEAGE. . *cough*

(surffice it to say I hate Lineage . .love their clothes . .hate the game)

But yeah. .I'd wear something like that if it were available. You need to think "FANTASY" when your design team makes clothes for this game. Why is that so hard?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
Zabjade

Loremaster

Zabjade wrote:

Jaxal's Stand

Klornie Kicks the Orc

I've seen your stuff over on the Fanart side, and its been amazing

Thanks SMILEY

Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Jaremai

Loremaster

There's a joke here about eating pie somewhere, I just can't find it.

What are her pauldrons connected to?  Not that it matters, I just like working out logistics.

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #19
Kikiriki
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Knights of Freeport

Loremaster

Yeah, I really don't want my characters looking any more skanky and slutty than they already do when they wear dresses. How would that even stay on anyways? Glue? Besides, we already have skankdresses (the festival garb.)

How about some modest dresses? With wide skirts? Hell, they can be short, I don't mind, I just don't want my girls showing off their panties all the time like the work at the Jade or something. /snicker

Sig by me!
Kikiriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

Seconded!  Because the less armour, the higher your defense. 

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #21
JoarAddam

Loremaster

Go all out!  Naked female iksar courtesans mud wrestling at jade tigers... pronographic animations that can be targeted on another player! 

/sigh.

the internet is full of [Removed for Content], i really don't need it in my eq2 also...  I would much rather see actual armor on people, something that looks protective...  not "i'm naked, stab me!"

You're Your

They're There Their
JoarAddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Some people need to get over themselves.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
Kikiriki

Loremaster

This thong gives me +2743 to defense!

That barbarian borat mankini gives +98234 to Strength!

Sig by me!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #24
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

This thong gives me +2743 to defense!

That barbarian borat mankini gives +98234 to Strength!

Except they already have heavy plate armor that gives AGI, go figure.  EQ2 is obviously not trying to have stats match appearance.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #25
Beef_Supre

General

I think it's just all about options.

Want a chainmail bikini? Good! You should have one.

Want heavy plate that covers every square inch of flesh? Good! You should have that too.

There.

Make both, please.. given the lack of the chainmail bikini type stuff currently in the game, we all know there's a killing to be made on Station Cash if (when, I'd say) they do it.

Personally, I like variety.

http://big-beef-mcquaid.mybrute.com
Beef_Supre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Beef_Supreme wrote:

Want heavy plate that covers every square inch of flesh? Good! You should have that too.

I agree, it's not like you are forced to use a specific appearance item.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #27
Kikiriki

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Beef_Supreme wrote:

True, no one forces me to put on the [Removed for Content] dress with slits over the legs or the skank dress, but if I want my character to look any other different she has to be in pants.

That's not an option.

And adding more skank gear when there's enough of it already it's pretty stupid in my opinion.

Sig by me!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:06 AM   #28
Lethe5683

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Lethe5683 wrote:

Beef_Supreme wrote:

True, no one forces me to put on the [Removed for Content] dress with slits over the legs or the skank dress, but if I want my character to look any other different she has to be in pants.

That's not an option.

And adding more skank gear when there's enough of it already it's pretty stupid in my opinion.

They gave some sort of weird excuse as to why they can't/won't add normal dresses, I don't remember what is was though.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #29
Eritius

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Beef_Supreme wrote:

Give the girls their variety! That way they aren't fighting over who's copying who... So much.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #30
adolf102

Loremaster

covic wrote:

Dave

Dave,

Great to hear official answer in this topic. Thanks for that!

Been numerous threads over years asking for cooler outfits (threads also known as "Give us Chainmail bikinis" ). Overwhelming response was in favor of changes. Now with apperiance slots few antagonist out there are satisfied as well.

Adding some models that will look like those from LoN or Everquest 2 Art would be greately appreciated. And will get you league of devoted fans! SMILEY

adolf102 is offline   Reply With Quote