EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #31
Tallann

Guide

Speaking of last-minute additions to the calendar...in the time it took me to compose the previous message, a new request was made, with barely any time to spare!

On Wednesday, August 24th, at approximately 12:00 p.m. PST / 3:00 p.m. EST, in Antonica...a prince will be looking for help with a riddle, and the fate of a scarecrow is at stake!

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.

Tallann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
Eileah

Loremaster

Is there any way you can add these event to our ingame calendar?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #33
Tallann

Guide

I wish that I could, but unfortunately, we don't have that capability. Hopefully, that's something that can be added in the future...though I don't have any idea if that's something that The Powers That Be are planning to implement, or even if it *can* be implemented; I'm just acknowledging that if it ever *did* get added, it would be almost as awesome as a wheel of cheese!

- Tallann

Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #34
Eileah

Loremaster

LOL thanks for letting me know... Now to start a /feedback compaign!!

Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #35
Tallann

Guide

Tallann wrote:

On Friday, August 26th, at approximately 1:00 p.m. PST / 4:00 p.m. EST, in Antonica...you will have another opportunity to rescue the fae from her troll stalker.

Due to the original request mistakenly citing the wrong date, this event has been rescheduled for Thursday, August 25th. The time and location remain the same. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Also happening on Thursday, August 25th, at approximately 2:00 p.m. PST / 5:00 p.m. EST, in the Sundered Frontier...there will be a strange necromancer lurking about, with an eerie fascination with -- what else? -- the undead.

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

sigh can't get back in to guk camped to self got kicked ot character select and now continue to be kicked to character select are the servers down again?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 AM   #37
Tallann

Guide

Tallann wrote:

On Friday, August 26th, at approximately 9:30 p.m. PST / 12:30 a.m. EST (half past midnight, Friday night/Saturday morning), in Darklight Woods...a grumpy old man will be doing his best to keep the vegetation of Norrath looking beautiful.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this event will have to be rescheduled. As soon as a new date is requested, I will be sure to post it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

As a bit of a consolation of sorts, I've placed something else on the calendar myself for Friday. It isn't the same quest (as I don't want to cause any inadvertent scheduling conflicts when that quest is rescheduled), and it will have to be a bit earlier, so I apologize if people who were planning to make it to the original event are unable to attend the new event, but...on Friday, August 26th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Sinking Sands...a wandering sarnak, desperate to make a name for herself as a fortune teller, will be in the area.

- Tallann

Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #38
Tallann

Guide

More news to report!

On Monday, August 29th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Commonlands...a bard will be seeking inspiration for a song dedicated to the continent of Kunark.

(Also, on a more serious note, stay safe out there if you're going to be dealing with the hurricane conditions this weekend!)

- Tallann

Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
Tallann

Guide

Here's the latest news that's fit to knew...erm, know!

On Wednesday, August 31st, at approximately 9:30 a.m. PST / 12:30 p.m. EST (half past noon), in the Loping Plains...a frightened fae will be looking for people who can help her gather the ingredients that she needs to remove a powerful hex.

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST, in Timorous Deep...if you look closely, you might be able to see a brilliant display of fireworks peeking through the trees.

- Tallann

Old 08-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #40
Alenna

Loremaster

it's 9:40 am PST now no fae

Old 08-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #41
Alenna

Loremaster

waited 1/2 hour no fae showed up in loping plains.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #42
Tallann

Guide

Eep! Yes, it appears that unforeseen delays were encountered, and that event has been rescheduled. Sorry for the inconvenience, Alenna (and anyone else who might have turned up for the event at the original time) -- I hope that you'll be able to make it out again at the new date/time (which is the second date/time listed below, for reference)!

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 5:00 a.m. PST / 8:00 a.m. EST, in Butcherblock...a bard, who desperately wants to visit Kunark, will be seeking advice and inspiration from adventurers who are familiar with the continent.

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST (noon), in the Loping Plains...the aforementioned fae will be making her appearance.

- Tallann

Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #43
Tallann

Guide

Also...

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 11:00 a.m. PST / 2:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...if you missed the earlier fireworks display (in Timorous Deep, see above), you'll have another opportunity to catch them!

- Tallann

(Edited because my link got badword-filtered! Hmph!)

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #44
Alenna

Loremaster

Tallann wrote:

Eep! Yes, it appears that unforeseen delays were encountered, and that event has been rescheduled. Sorry for the inconvenience, Alenna (and anyone else who might have turned up for the event at the original time) -- I hope that you'll be able to make it out again at the new date/time (which is the second date/time listed below, for reference)!

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 5:00 a.m. PST / 8:00 a.m. EST, in Butcherblock...a bard, who desperately wants to visit Kunark, will be seeking advice and inspiration from adventurers who are familiar with the continent.

On Thursday, September 1st, at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. EST (noon), in the Loping Plains...the aforementioned fae will be making her appearance.

- Tallann

I should be make the loping plains might even get up in time for the bard

Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #45
Tallann

Guide

Oh, an early bird, eh? Personally, I'll probably be going to sleep right around that time! I hope that you enjoy the events!

- Tallann

Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
Alenna

Loremaster

Tallann wrote:

Oh, an early bird, eh? Personally, I'll probably be going to sleep right around that time! I hope that you enjoy the events!

- Tallann

Yep although I didn't make it for the 5am this time.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #47
Alenna

Loremaster

Loved the loping plains quest thank you for making it a very enjoyable time I look forward to more quide quests

Old 09-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #48
Tallann

Guide

I'm glad that you enjoyed the quest, Alenna! And speaking of more Guide quests...

On Friday, September 2nd, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...a curious gnome will be in the area, looking for guinea...erm, players...to help him test out his flight enablers.

- Tallann

Old 09-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #49
Tallann

Guide

If you decide that you need a break from all of the accelerated learning that has descended upon the realm over the weekend...

On Monday, September 5th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...an axe-obsessed dwarf will be more than happy to send you in search of various axes in the area.

- Tallann

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #50
Cloudrat

Tester

EEP missed this one SMILEY  I know you are busy and the time you volunteer is awesome, but less than 24 hour notice can make it difficult for some of us who try to bounce around SMILEY  This is a much desired quest by the crafters and decorators of the game, I do hope you will consider running this one again sometime in the near futureSMILEY

Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #51
Tallann

Guide

Cloudrat wrote:

EEP missed this one   I know you are busy and the time you volunteer is awesome, but less than 24 hour notice can make it difficult for some of us who try to bounce around   This is a much desired quest by the crafters and decorators of the game, I do hope you will consider running this one again sometime in the near future

Eep! Sorry that you missed the quest! I try to give as much notice as I can (typically, I will go straight from putting the quest on the calendar to posting about it here), but sometimes we Guides don't even give ourselves 24-hour notice internally, so it's not always possible.

In any event, as you'll see momentarily, that quest will occur again on Thursday, and that certainly won't be the last time that it will be seen, I can assure you. *grins* That quest does have some limitations on how often it can be performed, but I know that the reward is highly desirable, so we'll try to perform it as often as possible!

As for the latest additions to the calendar...

On Wednesday, September 7th, at approximately 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST, in Timorous Deep...if you happen to hear a loud popping sound, don't be frightened -- just follow the sound to a brilliant display of fireworks!

On Thursday, September 8th, at approximately 2:00 p.m. PST / 5:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...the popular, axe-obsessed dwarf will be looking for more adventurers who share his passion.

- Tallann

Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #52
Tallann

Guide

One more addition to the calendar to report...

On Friday, September 9th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Outer Kael...a battle-hardened coldain will be looking for extremely brave (read: masochistic) adventurers who are not afraid to die multiple times for the sake of knowledge and exploration.

- Tallann

Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #53
Delirya
Guild: Eternal Legions

Loremaster

You've got a group of people salivating, and waiting with a scary amount of excitement here on Guk c 5.30est
Delirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #54
Alenna

Loremaster

Did real life effect the drawf coming to give us the axe guide quest we are still waiting

missed the earlier one this week sigh.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #55
apwyork

Loremaster

Most people I've ever seen for a guide event so far SMILEY

apwyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #56
Cloudrat

Tester

we just need a guideSMILEY

Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #57
apwyork

Loremaster

yes, well, we must make do without one

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #58
Disillusional

Loremaster

I think our guide got lost en route to Butcherblock XD

Disillusional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #59
apwyork

Loremaster

Kobolds got him. I tried to kill them all but they breed too fast

Old 09-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #60
Tallann

Guide

Eep! Sorry, everyone -- something must have happened to prevent the dwarf from being able to make it out to Butcherblock. I haven't heard anything yet, but as soon as I have more information, I'll let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience -- I wish that I could just act as a stand-in and offer the quest to everyone myself, but unfortunately, only the dwarf can do that, so hopefully we can get the event rescheduled ASAP!

- Tallann