EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Morria

Senior Guide

We're getting the ball rolling here. Stay tuned for more info on events!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
PsiberDaemon

Loremaster

YAY!  Was hoping I'd see something...  SMILEY

PsiberDaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
Ibash

Lord

Are we going to have any guides on for Tinkerfest ? I'd Like to get in on the 2 extra guide given quests.

Ibash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Juull
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Anyone going to make it on for Tinkerfest?  I have a guide macro that I check whenever I think of it, but it'd be great if we could get a hint here =)

Juull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
Ibash

Lord

Looking at only 3 days left of Tinkerfest and still no sight of a guide ??

Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Juull
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

There are no players who match those filters.

Juull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
Reloshan

Senior Guide

Keep your eyes peeled!  You might just get lucky yet!

Serving Luclin-Stromm (EverQuest)

EverQuest SWAT

Serving Butcherblock (EverQuest II)
Reloshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
Auxillery
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Legends of Firiona Vie

Loremaster

WOOT that means i can stop PVP for this SMILEY

Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 AM   #9
Morria

Senior Guide

The gnomes came out to Steamfont this evening a couple times, and hope to be back out near 8:30 am PST Saturday morning! Look for them at or around that time if you wish to assist with research! 

*As usual, our guides are all volunteers, and sometimes Real Life happens, so while this time is intended, sometimes things happen, and they have been known to arrive a little late or reschedule for a different date. If we can, we will update this thread if we know something's come up.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Ibash

Lord

Thanks for the responce I hope to catch that gnome on and give them a hand.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Morria

Senior Guide

I know that this was a little last minute, but thank you to all who came to join Edwinae and Heliobot. I am told they received lots of help and had a great time with everyone that joined them! Stay tuned for more!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
Rokaab

Loremaster

Morria wrote:

I know that this was a little last minute, but thank you to all who came to join Edwinae and Heliobot. I am told they received lots of help and had a great time with everyone that joined them! Stay tuned for more!

Hope Edwinae managed to sort something out for Heliobot, he was acting very strangely indeed.

Rokaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
Acquisto

Guide

Rumors are spreading that an enthusiastic gnome researcher will be harassing the citizens of New Halas around 11am PDT today. SMILEY Keep your eyes and ears open!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Feliciti

Guide

Rumors abound that a farmer may be in need of assistance on Thursday, August 5th at approximately 5:45pm (PDT)!

He can be found near the farms located in the Commonlands.

**Please note, all times are approximate and may change due to unforeseen circumstances.**

Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
Feliciti

Guide

Be on the lookout for a Gnome in need of assistance around 3pm (pdt). He is said to be seen near the lighthouse in Antonica.

**Please note, all times are approximate and may change due to unforeseen circumstances.**

Old 08-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
Katonka
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Holy Might

Loremaster

Out of curiosity,will there be any in-game events inside the Hold of Prexus in the near future? I keep seeing people with the appearance armor from the shinies but never seen(or hear) of an event like that happening. 

Katonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
Acquisto

Guide

Headline: Orcs like Porks!

Breaking news from Commonlands, brought to you by...Lucan D'Lere - The ONLY choice for citizens of Freeport.

According to the farmers in Commonlands, Orcs have a new favorite taste... Bacon! Things have become so bad that they've taken to only letting their precious porkers out at certain times!

"I don't know what I'd do without my hogs. Who would keep me warm on a cold night?", worried one farmer.

The call has been put out for any pig-loving adventurer to stand watch tonight, around 4pm (PDT), and see if they can send a message back to the swine-swiping menace!

Old 10-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
Asima

Loremaster

What happened to all the events on Butcherblock? It's been a month since the last posted event and I miss them SMILEY

Asima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
PsiberDaemon

Loremaster

Will there be any Guide events for Nights of the Dead?  or any Guide events?

PsiberDaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #20
Morria

Senior Guide

Greetings all! There are still events happening on a regular basis, so keep your eyes peeled. On occasion there are events such as "guide parties" and weddings in the Hold of Prexus. We are going to attempt to run our Nights of the Dead events as often as possible for this season. Hopefully you're able to catch us out. We'll try to get some event times posted very soon.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #21
Cobalt Knight

Loremaster

Could I make an observation/request?

I love catching guide events & quests, but finding out about them before they have been & gone is proving very difficult. I do check this thread, but not every day. The posts made here are often "oh hi, will be running this event in a few hours time" which usually means by the time I see the post, the event has already passed. At least a couple of days heads-up would rock, and hopefully see you getting bigger turn outs.

Secondly, I know that you don't post about everything you do here and sometimes just turn up in game, which is fine. BUT .. the only place you seem to announce it in game is in the zone that you are running the event and in level 1-9 chat. I've tried keeping an eye on level 1-9 chat on the off chance of catching a guide event, but the channel is filled with obnoxious loudmouths for 90% of the day, with only a few hours respite in the small hours when they have eventually managed to knock themselves out with their own inflated epeen. So I can usually only stomach level 1-9 chat for 10 mins or so before I end up turning it straight back off, again meaning that I miss hearing about any guide events.

Would one of the two suggestions be viable?

(1) I don't know the extent of abilities you are given as a guide, but do you have access to any kind of "broadcast" feature, that pops up (in yellow in my UI) across ALL channels? Just using this once when you start an event would at least let those online who would be interested see that there is something happening. I'm guessing you don't have this at the moment as I never see it from guides, maybe they don't want to give you access to free-format broadcasts on the off-chance that it could get abused. How about feeding back a request for access to some preset brodcasts, one for each event type/location - so you couldn't change the wording, but you could at least hit a button and broadcast across all channels "guide event at Antonica, NQ gates" or whatever.

(2) Failing that, how about creating a Guide custom channel for the server? Publicise it here, make announcements in it when one of the BB guides is on running an event. Then at least interested parties could add it to their Guild Chat tab or similar, and be able to see when something was happening without having to suffer 10,000 lines of inane drivel in level 1-9 chat.

Anyways, keep up the good work. The two or three guide events that I have manage to catch over the last year have been well run and good-humoured. Would just like to see some more of them SMILEY

90 Paladin

Butcherblock Server
Cobalt Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #22
Asima

Loremaster

With NoTD just around the corner, any events coming up that can be shared? SMILEY

Asima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #23
Morria

Senior Guide

Watch for Sneu the snowcreature! She will be present beginning at 6am PST and traveling through all of the starting cities before she takes her rest at approximately 9am PST.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #24
Morria

Senior Guide

Cobalt Knight wrote:

Could I make an observation/request?

I love catching guide events & quests, but finding out about them before they have been & gone is proving very difficult. I do check this thread, but not every day. The posts made here are often "oh hi, will be running this event in a few hours time" which usually means by the time I see the post, the event has already passed. At least a couple of days heads-up would rock, and hopefully see you getting bigger turn outs.

Secondly, I know that you don't post about everything you do here and sometimes just turn up in game, which is fine. BUT .. the only place you seem to announce it in game is in the zone that you are running the event and in level 1-9 chat. I've tried keeping an eye on level 1-9 chat on the off chance of catching a guide event, but the channel is filled with obnoxious loudmouths for 90% of the day, with only a few hours respite in the small hours when they have eventually managed to knock themselves out with their own inflated epeen. So I can usually only stomach level 1-9 chat for 10 mins or so before I end up turning it straight back off, again meaning that I miss hearing about any guide events.

Would one of the two suggestions be viable?

(1) I don't know the extent of abilities you are given as a guide, but do you have access to any kind of "broadcast" feature, that pops up (in yellow in my UI) across ALL channels? Just using this once when you start an event would at least let those online who would be interested see that there is something happening. I'm guessing you don't have this at the moment as I never see it from guides, maybe they don't want to give you access to free-format broadcasts on the off-chance that it could get abused. How about feeding back a request for access to some preset brodcasts, one for each event type/location - so you couldn't change the wording, but you could at least hit a button and broadcast across all channels "guide event at Antonica, NQ gates" or whatever.

(2) Failing that, how about creating a Guide custom channel for the server? Publicise it here, make announcements in it when one of the BB guides is on running an event. Then at least interested parties could add it to their Guild Chat tab or similar, and be able to see when something was happening without having to suffer 10,000 lines of inane drivel in level 1-9 chat.

Anyways, keep up the good work. The two or three guide events that I have manage to catch over the last year have been well run and good-humoured. Would just like to see some more of them

Cobalt Knight, I understand the frustration. A world announcement similar to our zone announcement would be a wonderful tool, as would a guide channel! On this platform we cannot do this, but I can tell you that things change often, and we do read our feedback and suggestions. Both of these are excellent suggestions and I would very much enjoy the ability to announce quests run in such a manner. Hopefully, eventually this will be a possibility in the future. Thank you so much for the feedback, I will see that it makes it into the hands of the other server guides who may not peruse these forums as regularly. I hope that we see you on server soon!

Sincerely,

Morria of Butcherblock

Senior Guide 

Old 11-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
Morria

Senior Guide

Well, you are certainly keeping Sneu busy this morning! This is just an update that she still has two scheduled stops to make yet, so she is not yet asleep.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #26
Morria

Senior Guide

I hear that Sneu will, once again, be out on Sunday 11/28/10, this time in the evening, from Approximately 3pm PST until about 5pm PST, appearing first in Halas, and moving to Gorowyn before taking her rest! 

Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #27
Acquisto

Guide

Rumors and ramblings...

Tonight (11/30), around 3pm (PST), word has it that a wood elf will be needing help gathering supplies. For what? We don't know... Then an hour later in Freeport, rumors are spreading about a potential baking contest.

Tomorrow (12/1), rumors have it that Halas will be pretty active around 1pm and again at 4pm. Then around 5pm, the action moves to the Commonlands. Rumor also has it that your favorite snow creature may getting some much needed cooling off in Everfrost, around 7pm.

Keep in mind, these are only rumors! Did you manage to catch one of these happenings? Don't forget to let us know what you think!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #28
Morria

Senior Guide

On 12/21/10 in Halas and on 12/22/10 in Gorowyn, keep your eyes peeled for Sneu the Snowcreature! I hear she has a lot to say, as well as a task to complete and plans on appearing at approximately 6 pm PST both days!

As usual, please be aware that all times are approximate, and that sometimes RL does strike, causing us to arrive late, or to need to reschedule. If this should happen, we will try to let you know as soon as possible.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #29
Morria

Senior Guide

We have a few upcoming events we thought you'd like some word on:

On the 25th around 7am PST Sneu says the people of Halas must be taught what to wear for the season! It is a fashion emergency!

On the 25th around noon PST you'll see the Gigglegibber pair out trying to recover what they've lost! Perhaps they could use a hand from a few festive individuals!

Also on the 25th around 4pm PST you'll see Sneu out setting fashion emergencies straight again!! This time she'll be helping the people of Gorowyn!

More to come...

Old 12-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #30
Morria

Senior Guide

Just a few more events! 

On the 24th at approximately 5:30 am PST Sneu will be out in Halas, stuffing closets with the perfect accessories! 

On the 24th she will return again at approximately 6:30 pm PST, this time in Gorowyn!

On the 25th the gigglegibbers will be out hunting their scattered gifts! Be in *Neriak at 8 am PST to assist them! 

The Gigglegibbers will be out on the 25th again at approximately 11 am PST in Gorowyn!! Come help them to make a friend happy!

*Place of event has been edited due to clerical error.