EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #31
Barzzboi
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Lost Coast Privateers

Loremaster

Those times are still Pacific, right? I live in CST so I want to make sure - and Thanks so much!

Edit - cause I used a character that made a mess of the post! SMILEY

Barzzboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #32
Chianix

Guide

[email protected] DLere wrote:

Those times are still Pacific, right? I live in CST so I want to make sure - and Thanks so much!

Edit - cause I used a character that made a mess of the post!

Correct! Unless the guide posts otherwise, it's safe to assume all times are Pacific.

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Disclaimer: Please note the times are posted in PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time/ Pacific Daylight Time) as appropriate. All quests may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and wherever possible we will let you know in advance. These listings may not include all visits by guides or quest givers so keep an eye open. (originally swiped from Baydeena Furrytoes and then tweaked)
Chianix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #33
Loht

Elder

Chianix wrote:

A nervous looking wood-elf holding a stack of scrolls walks up to you.  "Please read the following scroll and if you have any questions please let me know," she said softly, holding out one of the scrolls.

"To whom it may concern,

Reports of a Fae, claiming to see a troll in her shadow, have been reported.  The Fae is seeking assistance from a variety of sources and has been seen visiting mage towers, apothecaries, and temples alike.  If seen in Antonica on 8/12 at 7 pm or in Greater Faydark on 8/12 around 8 pm please approach her calmly.  If you would assist her with any tasks and then encourage her to return to her family in Kelethin, it would be greatly appreciated.

Signed,

Kelethin Senior Mind Healer

Had fun doing the quest for Hexieta, hopefully she found her way back to her family in Kelethin afterwards!  I just wish more people could have joined us in Antonica. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #34
Barzzboi
Guild: Lost Coast Privateers

Loremaster

Ack! Sorry I had a nap after work and slept right through it! SMILEY  I'll catch ya next time! Thanks!

Barzzboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #35
Loht

Elder

Chianix wrote:

Attention! Weaponsmiths, hobbiest, lore collectors, etc! A Dwarf will be continuing research into the legendary axes of Kaladim on _________________ somewhere in the Butcherblock Mountains. Those interested in assisting should make their way to the zone.

Well, I fortunately have some great guildies, because I was notified that Sat. 14th at 7PM Pacific a certain Dwarf that had been eluding me would make an appearance. Along with many other people, I now can craft the replica axes of Kaladim and the bearer of "the Axe Master" title.  I and many others appreciate the guides running these events, please keep up the good work!

I've also learned that my ability tp role-play is sadly lacking, too many years of roll -playing in D&D unfortunately.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #37
kithaziian

Loremaster

Is my calendar wrong in saying that sunday is the 22nd? Trying to make sure I dont miss this event and not sure if I already have or not. Hope I haven't and look forward to seeing you all there.

kithaziian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #38
Ziabis

Loremaster

Chianix wrote:

Here ye, here ye!

We've lost the piece o'paper with most of the details but those actually looking fer work or entertainment should keep their peepers open tonight (8/19) at 7 pm, tomorrow at 7 pm (8/20) and on Sunday at 1 pm (8/21).

Sunday at 1 pm (8/21), it be a dreamer who thinks he be a bard, wantin' to collect stories.  If ye find him at the Gorowyn tavern on the docks and share a tale, he be willing to provide the drinks.

Would that be Sunday the 22nd?

Ziabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
kithaziian

Loremaster

Well from the message just posted in crafting channels.. I guess you meant saturday 8 / 21 ... sigh. Better luck next year I suppose.

kithaziian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #40
Chianix

Guide

Ziabis wrote:

Chianix wrote:

Here ye, here ye!

We've lost the piece o'paper with most of the details but those actually looking fer work or entertainment should keep their peepers open tonight (8/19) at 7 pm, tomorrow at 7 pm (8/20) and on Sunday at 1 pm (8/21).

Sunday at 1 pm (8/21), it be a dreamer who thinks he be a bard, wantin' to collect stories.  If ye find him at the Gorowyn tavern on the docks and share a tale, he be willing to provide the drinks.

Would that be Sunday the 22nd?

/facepalm yes, yes it would. Even with a calendar right next to me.  For Sunday, it really was honestly drinks if that helps?  Rankellar is not a well to do bard at all, no sir.  He will visit again, and this time provide proper date notice, promise!

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Disclaimer: Please note the times are posted in PST/PDT (Pacific Standard Time/ Pacific Daylight Time) as appropriate. All quests may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances and wherever possible we will let you know in advance. These listings may not include all visits by guides or quest givers so keep an eye open. (originally swiped from Baydeena Furrytoes and then tweaked)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #41
Loht

Elder

I saw the post the other day and thought oh well I'll just wait till saturday night to do the 7PM part and Sunday the 1pm. Then I reread the post and realized the dates . Oh well, there's always next time! I need to read better. I've also been trying to keep an eye on the crafting chat channel but sometimes it reads like the 1-9 channel.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:29 AM   #42
Chianix

Guide

To those looking to advance the concept we consider light!

Am in need of assistance at 10 am in the Forest Ruins and 1 pm in the Commonlands on Friday.  My invention is relatively new, your pay to be negotiated at the end of the task.

Signed,

Phyr Wurcs

Insane enchanter, slightly tall for a gnome, safe to work for but don't insult the lights.

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Old 08-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #43
Loht

Elder

Cool Light! Went well in my underground excavation site! Thanks!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #44
Chianix

Guide

*a freight manifest flutters past your feet as you step on to a dock*

1 - Crate of piglets delivered to Thundering Steppes dock at 3 pm (9/4/10)

Note: Farmer will accompany pigs to dock, hand over to Pickles the Ratonga and leave.  Once crate is safely on dock our insurance no longer guarantees delivery.

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Old 09-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #45
Perrigrin
Server: Crushbone
Guild: The Shire

Loremaster

Today I was able to help a poor Froglock fellow who'd had a bad run-in with some nasty Gnolls!  Thank you for allowing me to assist you good sir!

Perrigrin Tinkertock
92 Gnome Swashbuckler

Taeryyn Laethelyyn
92 High Elf Illusionist
Perrigrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #46
Chianix

Guide

A short half-elf, wrapped in several shawls, shoves a grubby note in your hand before wandering away sniffing and mumbling about work to pay the rent whilst having the flu!

Looking down at the note you pause to read it before going to scrub your hands...

A notice about safety for all!

The harvest is in full swing with goods going to and fro from the cities, villages, and towns.  This time of year is one of great job BUT citizens beware!  This time of year also brings with it tricksters and pranksters a plenty, practicing for their performances during Nights of the Dead.

We, your trusty militia, have heard rumors and whispers of dark goings on in the following areas, at the following times.  Be on the look out! stay safe! and if you should happen upon these incidences, spread the word of warning far and wide!

Qeynos city and villages, be on the lookout for a trickster around 12 pm.

Freeport city and villages, be on the lookout for a trickster around 6 pm.

Remember, keep your eyes open and spread the word!

Respectfully, your local militia captain!

Tacked on at the bottom of the note:

Word has spread of a hall so dangerous even the pirate inhabitants are afraid! Are you brave adventurer? If so, visit the Anello Esuli Haunted Hall in SQ at 5 pm (8 EST).

Disclaimer: The guild hall event is sponsored by that guild, this is just a friendly announcement.  Also, any and all activities during trickster events are done at your own risk.  Trickster's do advice, for maximum effect, being de-illusioned, dismounted, and with personal illusions on, as well as anything else that could effect the fun of trickery!

Continued disclaimer: The trickery will take place during the month of October, if you should miss your opportunity on this fine day, be not afraid! For the tricksters take great glee in being allowed this freedom and WILL RETURN!

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #47
Pijotre
Guild: Ubi Bene

Loremaster

So its pretty much 3 weeks now since the last post and therefore now the last in the server listing. I take it there have been no guide events in those 3 weeks and none for halloween or have you all just decided to not bother with the forums? If its the latter let me know then I can remove the RSS feed for it.

A disappointed fellow player

Pijotre

Pijotre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #48
xeyda

Loremaster

Chianix is a fantastic GM - I've seen her in the Crafting channel and in zones no less than three times since this announcement went up.  Keep trying. SMILEY

xeyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #49
Squeeble

Loremaster

Chianix is in DLW at this very moment SMILEY

Squeeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #50
Shanak85

Loremaster

I wonder why they never even bother to use this thread, though, excpet like once a month.  I don't get it.  Is it that hard to post here?  I miss out on TONS of events it seems.  The last event posted was like 3 weeks ago.  I know they do stuff more frequently than that.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM   #51
Melciah
Guild: Right Hand of Innoruuk

Loremaster

Is there an in-game channel that the Guides on LD'L use to communicate events with those interested?  Perhaps posting an ingame channel would be easier then alienating those whom check this thread.

Melciah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #52
Pijotre

Loremaster

If they announce it, then they sadly only use either the crafting or the 1-9 channel and to keep track of those with all the nonsense in there (esp. 1-9)  is a rather daunting task, if there is anything like a guide only channel (which I have asked to be created numerous times) then I know nothing about it SMILEY

Again the events are great the communication when they take place is abysmal *sigh*

Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #53
Pijotre

Loremaster

From Kiara's post:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5446388#5446388

Friday 29th of October

• 5:00 pm PDT (Lucan D'Lere): Commonlands

It is a real pity to see that

a) that is again in the mid of the night for EU players and

b) that I have to come here and report it and not the guide that scheduled it *shakes head*

Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #54
Squeecha

Senior Guide

[email protected] DLere wrote:

From Kiara's post:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...5446388#5446388

Friday 29th of October

• 5:00 pm PDT (Lucan D'Lere): Commonlands

It is a real pity to see that

a) that is again in the mid of the night for EU players and

b) that I have to come here and report it and not the guide that scheduled it *shakes head*

Minor nitpicky point, but that wasn't Kiara.

However, the "Guide that scheduled it" as you say, may not even have access to these forums to post anything. And the timing for these is whenever the Guide (or Guides) doing them are available. It's not like we can tell Guides "You will get up in the middle of the night" or "You will leave work to go home and run a Quest".(At least I know my boss would be less than pleased if I tried to do that.) SMILEY

Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #55
Chianix

Guide

Hello all!

To those musing about the use or lack there of, of these forums...  Forum use is optional and is most useful for quests or events where lots of participants can interact.  We have many quests/events where the best interaction is limited to 1-6 at a time.  I know, from personal experience please believe me, that it can be frustrating to hear about things or miss out due to the lack of knowledge.  There are many LDL guides who try to plan quests or RP for various times of the day/night so as to interact with all the player base.  If there are things you wish to see more, types of quests you enjoyed, play times where you feel like you never ever see a guide - please submit (politely!) a feedback with this information.  It can take a bit but it definitely gets back to us through 'formal' channels.

Now, on to the fun stuff!

A short halfing runs past you panting, on closer examination you notice he's carrying a stack of parchment and a hammer. With some amusement you watch as he tacks a parchment to the outer wall of the local bakery, much to the baker's dismay! Those with keen eyesight notice there are several event announcements.

Here ye, here ye! Taking place today on the Gorowyn Docks at 4 pm Pacific, the lovely Jumjumie is collecting ideas for baked goods to tempt the palates of the Gorowyn council.  All those with thoughts on what is tasty and delightful should come share, there are baked goods for participants!

Those of a storytelling nature should linger in Gorowyn and be on the look out for a young lady in need of a story with strong morals and cooperation.

On Saturday, 11/6 U.S., around 11 am, those with the skill to craft (level 6) should be on the lookout for a halfing in need!  The oracles predict that he will be found near the West Freeport gates. ((Those of crafty but Antonic angle should be alert for over zealous guards on approach and proceed with due caution!))

Later that eve, (Saturday, 11/6 U.S) sharp eyed contractors should be on the lookout for a dwarf on a mission somewhere in the general Qeynos area, somewhere around 4 pm.

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #56
Sevarious
Guild: The Halas Hunters

Loremaster

*patiently waits in the weynos area occasionally staring at his gnomish chronomiter shaking his head*

Old 11-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #57
Pijotre

Loremaster

Ah well waited for 70 minutes for the 4pm event ... its now quarter past 1am in Europe so I'll head to bed without a guide event, having wasted an hour waiting I guess *sigh*

Old 11-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #58
Chianix

Guide

Life appears to have reared it's head and interfered with two of the quests.  We do apologize and sometimes the very thing prevent us from doing a quest prevents us from putting up notice.

Guide Lucan DLere

-----

Old 11-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #59
Sevarious
Guild: The Halas Hunters

Loremaster

*nods, Im not botherd by it, with my luck lately ill run into another 4 guides before the next quest is scheduled ! Thanks for posting up the quests and thans for the service you and the other guides provide! my notebook of guides ive met is growing rather quickly at the moment.. and as of the other day I even added a GM-Admin to that list (sorry if I was interupting your official duties GM Kuamilia but like I said .. its not often we get to poke prod and bounce around an Admin !)

Sev

Old 11-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #60
Baydeena

Guide

/Quietly slips into the Lucan D'Lere forum.

If that is who I'm thinking of Sevarious, then just another guide who had a delightful time visiting some wonderful players.  SMILEY