EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

It's been several years since the release of Desert of Flames.  Isn't it about time that we can use Set Recall Point in Maj'dul so we can appear in front of house?

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster

There is a quest, or something you buy after getting enough faction, that gives you a call directly to Maj'dul. It's been a while since I've done it, so I don't remember the details.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Opeij

Master

Get to at least kindly with one of the houses (i think it's kindly, might be ally) and one of them will give you a quest that gives you the spell call of ro which is a gate to maj`dul

Opeij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

I know about those.  That is not what I'm referencing.  The ability to Set Recall Point in front of the house or in front of the bank there is what I want.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
willnotuse

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

There is a quest, or something you buy after getting enough faction, that gives you a call directly to Maj'dul. It's been a while since I've done it, so I don't remember the details.

I agree with the OP.  While there is a quest, that's not serving the function that the poster wants and there is zero reason why Maj'dul is not listed as a city zone.

willnotuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
Rendoir

Loremaster

willnotuse wrote:

Mermut wrote:

I agree with the OP.  While there is a quest, that's not serving the function that the poster wants and there is zero reason why Maj'dul is not listed as a city zone.

The OP wants to set a recall point in Mad'jul, and he can, he just needs to fulfil the requirements,

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

willnotuse wrote:

Mermut wrote:

The OP wants to set a recall point in Mad'jul, and he can, he just needs to fulfil the requirements,

Uh, no.  You can't.  The quest you point to does not allow one to set specific recall points like Set Recall Point does.  All that quest does is take you to the front of the zone.  Useless to me.  The way Set Recall Point is now it doesn't allow you to set a recall point outside of your home city.  In this day and age of multiple houses being owned by a character there is little reason for that to continue.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
Mermut

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

willnotuse wrote:

Mermut wrote:

Uh, no.  You can't.  The quest you point to does not allow one to set specific recall points like Set Recall Point does.  All that quest does is take you to the front of the zone.  Useless to me.  The way Set Recall Point is now it doesn't allow you to set a recall point outside of your home city.  In this day and age of multiple houses being owned by a character there is little reason for that to continue.

Actually, you can set your waypoint in any city of the same alignment as your own city. Evils can set their home point in Neriak, Gorrowyn or Freeport, no matter which they're a citizen of.. similarly with Kelethin, New Halas and Qeynos for goods. Maj'dul is not aligned with anybody, so isn't involved in the 'choice of home waypoint' bit.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
General_Info

Lord

Mermut wrote:

Actually, you can set your waypoint in any city of the same alignment as your own city. Evils can set their home point in Neriak, Gorrowyn or Freeport, no matter which they're a citizen of.. similarly with Kelethin, New Halas and Qeynos for goods. Maj'dul is not aligned with anybody, so isn't involved in the 'choice of home waypoint' bit.

I did not know this was possible thanks for the information. as for maj'dul i dont think it would be hard to create a "Maj'dul: set recall point" ability. (me thinks it would be easier then reworking the current one)

Old 08-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Boethius_Permafrost

Loremaster

If you can set recall point inside a house you own, that would take care of all the people who have a house in (X).

Boethius_Permafrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you can set recall point inside a house you own, that would take care of all the people who have a house in (X).

I like this idea.  Even better if we could spend plat to add a banker and a real broker into our own houses.  Yes, I know we can setup a personal guild (I have one) but it would still be very useful and remove plat from the market.

Am also on Playxpert.