EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #61
Velter

Lord

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Wow twice in one day...  If this happened in most it companies, there would be heads rolling.  If Amazon went down twice in a day do you think they would be so quiet to customers?  Even on holidays.

last year at this time we had about 7 crashs a day -- lasted for about 2 months

Velter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #62
Nashbry

Loremaster

Velter wrote:

Drowsy wrote:

2nd time today freeport goes SPLAT!  I'm getting sick of this crashing folks. What is the issue behind this?  This seems to be beacuse of the merger.  Why merg anything with the high pop server?

Soe needs to stop being cheap and offer all the bazaar players free transfer tokens so they can get off freeport if they wish to

So this is our fault?  I am confused....THEY were the ones who chose to place you guys on OUR server....we have been fairly welcoming, if you want off the server then why don't you stop being cheap and pay the $$$ required to transfer?

Nashbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #63
Velter

Lord

Nashbry wrote:

Velter wrote:

Drowsy wrote:

2nd time today freeport goes SPLAT!  I'm getting sick of this crashing folks. What is the issue behind this?  This seems to be beacuse of the merger.  Why merg anything with the high pop server?

Soe needs to stop being cheap and offer all the bazaar players free transfer tokens so they can get off freeport if they wish to

So this is our fault?  I am confused....THEY were the ones who chose to place you guys on OUR server....we have been fairly welcoming, if you want off the server then why don't you stop being cheap and pay the $$$ required to transfer?

um maybe you didnt get what i meant i play freeport i enjoy freeport i didnot play bazaar i think they need the oppertunity to leave the server since they came in and maybe didnt want to be there

Velter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #64
Mohee

Lord

Unless california is finally breaking off and dropping into the ocean, this shouldn't ever happen twice in 1 day. I agree.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #65
Shyne

Lord

I think not

Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #66
Whisperlea

Loremaster

Server up!

Blessed Queen of the Dragons

Whisperlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #67
Nashbry

Loremaster

Velter wrote:

Nashbry wrote:

Velter wrote:

Drowsy wrote:

um maybe you didnt get what i meant i play freeport i enjoy freeport i didnot play bazaar i think they need the oppertunity to leave the server since they came in and maybe didnt want to be there

My apologies sir.

Nashbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #68
Tayne

Loremaster

This is hysterical to read while I'm at work .. thank you guys! Hehe.

And remember .. the first step is admitting there's a problem. :p

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Tayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #69
thesiren

Loremaster

Detor wrote:

Chronus1 wrote:

2 crashes in 2 days. Go go too many people on 1 server that's not equipped for it.

Unfortunately true.  Clearly the hardware just can't handle the current load.  They need to allow free transfers just like they did for each of the previous server mergers.  That'd act as a pressure relief valve, and perhaps help mitigate future crashes. 

Okay gang, maybe some of you weren't here on Freeport when DoV launched last February, but I can tell you right now that Freeport can support A LOT more peeps than are currently playing here nowadays.

The most I see is 3-4 instances of Frostfang and maybe 2-3 of even the Wonderland Village going peak times.  Back last February when DoV launched concurrently with Erollisi, we were hitting 8-10 instances of the popular cities, I kid you not.

THEN we had mega crashes multiple times per day over a three week period, plus 30 minute to 4 hour+ zone load times throughout.  Rift launched its early start (February 24th I believe it was) and only then did Freeport magically right itself overnight-- and it dropped back down to 2-3 instances of the "fav cities."

So sorry, but this is nothing.  I have actually seen the pop drop here a little bit since TOR launched, where I would have expected it to get higher because of AoD and Frostfell.  Pre-TOR we were hitting another instance of the popular cities like Frostfang. 

I don't know what's causing this, but it's NOT overpopulation by a long shot, lol.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #70
Tyrsei

Historian

thesiren wrote:

Detor wrote:

Chronus1 wrote:

2 crashes in 2 days. Go go too many people on 1 server that's not equipped for it.

Unfortunately true.  Clearly the hardware just can't handle the current load.  They need to allow free transfers just like they did for each of the previous server mergers.  That'd act as a pressure relief valve, and perhaps help mitigate future crashes. 

Okay gang, maybe some of you weren't here on Freeport when DoV launched last February, but I can tell you right now that Freeport can support A LOT more peeps than are currently playing here nowadays.

The most I see is 3-4 instances of Frostfang and maybe 2-3 of even the Wonderland Village going peak times.  Back last February when DoV launched concurrently with Erollisi, we were hitting 8-10 instances of the popular cities, I kid you not.

THEN we had mega crashes multiple times per day over a three week period, plus 30 minute to 4 hour+ zone load times throughout.  Rift launched its early start (February 24th I believe it was) and only then did Freeport magically right itself overnight-- and it dropped back down to 2-3 instances of the "fav cities."

So sorry, but this is nothing.  I have actually seen the pop drop here a little bit since TOR launched, where I would have expected it to get higher because of AoD and Frostfell.  Pre-TOR we were hitting another instance of the popular cities like Frostfang. 

I don't know what's causing this, but it's NOT overpopulation by a long shot, lol.

The thing is there's a lot more people beyond lvl 40 or 50 now then there was when DOV came out,so even though there is less instances of say FF sea,TD and so on there's a lot more topside.Especially with the merge as most people from Bazaar were probably higher lvl on average.

I think it's a combo of overall server population and possibly something with AOD.I know I never had problems zoning into TD until around the time they changed the launcher.

Tyrsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #71
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

Because Freeport is back up I am going to lock this thread down.  

SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote