EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Kaitheel

Dev

Erollisi Day 2012 has been activated on Test and Test Copy!Romance is in the air! Lovers and the often infatuated are encouraged to visit Antonica, Commonlands and the cities of Qeynos and Freeport to participate in contests and quests. In New Halas Priest Swornlove and several Sisters of Erollisi are looking for help in fulfilling the call of love. Meanwhile, love notes and message candies hold new worth with holiday merchants in Qeynos Harbor or Freeport and tradeskillers, alike. New features for '12!

• New quest “Unforgettable” is offered by Priest Aaronolis Swornlove in the city of New Halas for those that already completed the quest “Sacrificial Trust”. – NOT Repeatable
  • New quest “Tainted Love” is offered by The Lady of Insurrection in the city of New Halas for those that already completed the quest “Unforgettable” and not “Heal the Pain”. – Repeatable, once per year
  • New quest “Heal the Pain” is offered by Sister Katey Dalwynn in the city of New Halas for those that already completed the quest “Unforgettable” and not “Tainted Love”. – Repeatable, once per year
  • The Hearts a'Flutter contests in Antonica and Commonlands have been updated.
  • Steven, the Erollisi Day merchant in Qeynos Harbor and Freeport, is now selling the recipe scroll “Romantic Gifts to Craft V”.
  • Douglas, the Erollisi Day merchant in Qeynos Harbor and Freeport, is selling 12 new items.

Returning features:

• Earning of romantic titles - Harvest Erollisi roses in The Enchanted Lands and give those roses to other players. Give enough roses and you will be granted a title!
  • Love Loot -During this holiday players have a chance of finding Love notes or message candies when they kill mobs all across Norrath. This love loot is used in holiday tradeskill recipes and can be exchanged for Erollisi coin by Liannya Heartswell.
  • Erollisi Coin -The holiday currency that several Erollisi Merchants require for purchase.
  • Exchange merchant, Heartgar MacInnes, will take all of your different Erollisi Love notes and change it out for one single type. She can be found in Freeport and Qeynos Harbor.
  • Players in Gorowyn that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to The Commonlands. They can be ported back, too.
  • Players in Kelethin that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to Antonica. They can be ported back, too.
  • Players in New Halas that wish to participate can speak with an NPC to be ported to Antonica. They can be ported back, too.
  • “Romantic Flower Petals” collection. Players can collect rose and chrysanthemum petals in Antonica, Commonlands, Qeynos Harbor, Qeynos North, Freeport, New Halas, and Enchanted Lands (only certain ones spawn in certain areas).
  • Tradeskillers have new and previous holiday themed items to craft.
  • “Love Lines” quests - Repeatable, once per year - Added new reward choice for ’12!
  • “Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch!” - Repeatable, once per year - Added new reward choice for ’12!
  • “Shot Through the Heart” – NOT repeatable
  • “What's Love Got to Do With It?” – NOT repeatable
  • “Bouquet of Trust” – NOT repeatable
  • “Harts Full of Trust” – NOT repeatable
  • “Sacrificial Trust” – NOT repeatable

The event is currently set to run 02/07/2012 through 02/20/2012 on the live servers.Something else to note - the Goddess Risen event has been deactivated on Test and Test Copy due to file conflicts between these two events.Please assemble any feedback and bugs that you may find in this thread.  Thank you, everyone!~Kaitheel

Old 01-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Near to all new items can be seen in my Opera: "Erollisi day 2012 goodies", medium houses, Test server, under Leucosia (may be named 2011, I just camped and was wondering if I had mistyped).

Crafting part:

Is it normal that the couch are crafted using sculpting and filaments on the loom instead of sculpting, sandpaper and on the woodworking table?

The couch and pillows (and armor) are crafted by 2 while other items are crafted 3 at a time

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Kaitheel

Dev

It should be consistant with previous crafted Erollisi Day couches and furniture items.

~n

Old 01-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Whilhelmina

Tester

Yes, it is. For whatever reason I was certain the couch was crafted on the woodworking table. I double checked and it already was on the loom.

Quests:

Love the Othmir on Dalron and Fin'Em a find.

The Hearts a'Flutter (Antonica) is not giving any blue area for searching the hearts. It's not really intuitive as wa just had another race of this kind which was just at the entrance of the zone. Coloring Antonica in blue could help.

Thanks for the Cloak of the Sisterhood SMILEY My friend will be thrilled to have it back SMILEY

Kaitheel, will you turn back on the Goodess Risen at a time? You cut it short without notice so some players in chat said they weren't done.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Dungeon Maker spawners on Douglas: I noticed that the class part of the item names aren't in parenthesis like other spawners. So instead of "Erollisian Custodian (Druid)" it's showing as "Erollisian Custodian Druid". Not a big deal, just inconsistant.

Supple Hart Leather Leggings - I'm confused about the lighter tan/peach part of these. Is that supposed to be bared skin or what? The lines going across that part makes it look like my char had some horrendous leg surgery. Pic of the legs: http://i43.tinypic.com/30mmu68.jpg (on a human female, normal model)

The Supple Hart All crafted items are "Uncommon" instead of "Handcrafted".

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Jasarina

Tester

Completeing the quest Sacrificial Truest awards a Romance in a Jar which I can not use. The beastlord tag is missing..

Love the quests so far! 

Rheassi

Aileya, Reassi, Raelina, Kearina, Rheassi, Amalena, Arindra, Kealina, & Jeassi (Antonia Bayle)
Jasarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Kaitheel, will you turn back on the Goodess Risen at a time? You cut it short without notice so some players in chat said they weren't done.

I don't have a problem doing that, at all.  It's just a matter of when.  I was sorry to have to deactivate it, and particularly without warning.

If I feel that the Erollisi Day content has been thoroughly tested then I could reactivate the Goddess Risen event between now and Feb 7, but even if that does not happen I will definitely reactivate the event after Erollisi Day is concluded.  Thankfully, there is no conflict between Goddess Risen and Brewday Festival or Bristlebane Day!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Kaitheel

Dev

Cyliena wrote:

Supple Hart Leather Leggings - I'm confused about the lighter tan/peach part of these. Is that supposed to be bared skin or what? The lines going across that part makes it look like my char had some horrendous leg surgery. Pic of the legs: http://i43.tinypic.com/30mmu68.jpg (on a human female, normal model)

Oh!  It's fabric.  It's based on LoN card art.  It's even more noticable on characters of other skin colors, but I can see why you were confused.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Kaitheel wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Oh!  It's fabric.  It's based on LoN card art.  It's even more noticable on characters of other skin colors, but I can see why you were confused.

~Kaitheel

Any chance of it becoming the same color as the rest of the leggings? The rest of it looks great but that really detracts the beauty of the outfit imo.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

NM, ignore me ... found vanilla beans on the fuel vendor ... nothing else uses them, to my knowledge, hence my confusion  SMILEY

Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Enica
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

I'm going to have to get on a character that did most of this last year. The character I was on tonight couldn't get past the "give out 8 roses" part. 

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #12
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

"Unforgettable" quest text probably needs some tweaking for those who haven't done Shot Through the Heart, etc.

I was sent to the chronomage, then sent to speak to Annalisa Swornlove.  After hailing Annalisa, I am given the Shot Through the Heart Quest.  The Unforgettable quest text then tells me to "Speak to Cerydes, a Chronomage", implying that you can progress that quest further.  However, you can't do anything further until you've finished Annalisa's quests, so you might want to change the text to say something about "Finish any tasks that Annalisa might have for you, then speak to Cerydes, a Chronomage"

Am I making sense?  Not enough caffeine, I think.  SMILEY

Old 01-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
darwich

Loremaster

are there any pictures of the supple hart clothing? Please? please? lol...
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
ChrisMarchant

Tester

I only have 1 who didn't finish Goddess Risen, unfortunately she's my newest char, I knew I should have plodded on and finished her last night, lol.

Well at least this way she can do the Annalisa bit first which would make more sense, lol.

Pls switch Goddess Risen back on before Erollisi goes live, if at all possible.

OK off to Erollisi on test now, got to get through that on my 12 testers, and they were all trying to get the Qeynos zones done before they lose those quests due to revamp. The zones being Oakmyst, Peat Bog and Forest Ruins, and the related quests, most of my lowbie evils lost out on the related Freeport zones and the related quests.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #15
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I'd love to see what this new outfit looks like to. on male and female SMILEY

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
darwich

Loremaster

ZAM has this years event almost written up, but it does not have pictures yet either.. would die to see these outfits...
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
ChrisMarchant

Tester

found a problem, I'm on a character doing Erollisi for the first time, done Love Lines and Find 'Em a Find, went to New Halas.

However no Annalisa to give me the quests Shot through the Heart and What's Love Got to do with it?

I do realise that after the Prelude she would not be there, but how would a first timer do those quests, as they aren't repeatable.

And it's a bit unfair if those two become repeatable for the others, as she would be a repeat behind. Could she be put in in a way that those who have never done the quests can do them, but those who have can't do them. Non repeatable quests are good that way.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

darwich wrote:

ZAM has this years event almost written up, but it does not have pictures yet either.. would die to see these outfits...

Ummm nope, I just added in the recipes yesterday. Haven't touched the quests yet. SMILEY

[email protected] wrote:

I'd love to see what this new outfit looks like to. on male and female

This is only female but: http://twitpic.com/86xpdf/full and http://twitpic.com/86xs0g/full (closeup of the top, wings are the fortune league ones, sorry)

I put the crafted items in a published house on Test Copy last night (including the outfit on a female mannequin; I'll have to add in a male mannequin too). It should be under Medium Homes, "Erollisi Day 2012 Items". Whenever I run the quests I'll put those items in the house as well. SMILEY

Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
Raienya

Loremaster

I don't remember if anyone mentioned this last year, but is it possible to either increase the spawn points in EL for the roses, or have them in another zone as well?

On Guk, I had several characters who were unable to get past 25 or 50 roses due to having 60+ people in the zone, all looking for roses. For the lower level folks, this is really a pain, since EL has level 30+ mobs.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

Raienya wrote:

I don't remember if anyone mentioned this last year, but is it possible to either increase the spawn points in EL for the roses, or have them in another zone as well?

On Guk, I had several characters who were unable to get past 25 or 50 roses due to having 60+ people in the zone, all looking for roses. For the lower level folks, this is really a pain, since EL has level 30+ mobs.

i have to agree here. its mass chaos and frustrating each year trying to get to the roses because so many players in zone doing the same. even worse on higher population servers i'm sure. 

ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #21
Whilhelmina

Tester

I don't remember if we had to go to the druid ring in Antonica last year or if everything had moved to Halas. Did you try doing his brothers quests before? He asks you to go to a chronomancer to bring back his sister so she may talk to you and from what Niami said, it seems it may give access to her quests.

For the "give 8 roses" part, you can give the 8 one to a single toon. It's only for the special title quest that  you need to hand them to different toons.

The outfit can be seen on Test in my house (Private Opera, South Qeynos, under Leucosia or house leaderboards medium houses). My computer has bad graphics so I won't go take a picture of the male one.

I redid the Hearts a'Flutter race. There is a problem I think. We will all start from the same spot near the gates and we will all compete for the same hearts. The final treshold seems to be 75 and from my experience and the best times, it seems 75 is a hard number to achieve, even being alone. I see a couple solutions:

• add more hearts nodes in the areas close to the gates
  • add teleporting areas that would pop somebody near another heart cluster
  • lower the tresholds (40 - 60 instead of 50 - 75 or something like that).

Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

and here's my idea, i'm hoping some of this can get added this year if not maybe at least next year? -i realize erollisi/valentine's day is more for the ladies, but i don't feel the pretty pink unicorn suits many of the fellas. sure, some get one to be cute or funny i think, but can we see something more neutral at least, as an option for the guys? My idea was a red translucent lion mount like from the shard of love...but i realize there's no lion mounts in the game. So what about applying that red effect to maybe: -dire bear? warg? prowler? warhog? maybe one of those would be a viable option? also, what about offering the red lions at the merchants as a plushie for 100 e-coins? SMILEY
ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

Here is a picture of the LoN art they use for pants...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...umb=74AIpsugwuz

The top isn't nothing like it and boots they used are to snug unlike the image.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
Kuulei

Tester

My Romantic Reputation:

It scales fine until level 41 and up.  My level 32 had the quest pop up and it was a level 32 quest. Now my level 79 got the quest pop-up but the quest is gray and my 90, also grey.  So it scales up to level 40 and thats it.  Is this intended?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Enica

Loremaster

In the Shard of Love part of the end of the quest line, I took my illy in. I usually root the mobs and then send my pet in. On every mob, I got the message that I couldn't send my pet in on that particular mob. After I finished that zone, I did some non-holiday quests and I was able to send my pet at mobs just fine. Is this intended?

Old 01-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #26
Felshades

Loremaster

ChrisMarchant wrote:

I only have 1 who didn't finish Goddess Risen, unfortunately she's my newest char, I knew I should have plodded on and finished her last night, lol.

Well at least this way she can do the Annalisa bit first which would make more sense, lol.

Pls switch Goddess Risen back on before Erollisi goes live, if at all possible.

OK off to Erollisi on test now, got to get through that on my 12 testers, and they were all trying to get the Qeynos zones done before they lose those quests due to revamp. The zones being Oakmyst, Peat Bog and Forest Ruins, and the related quests, most of my lowbie evils lost out on the related Freeport zones and the related quests.

Ruins, sunken city, etc. quests should still be there.

They are for my characters.. I just can't access the old suburbs.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

In the Shard of Love part of the end of the quest line, I took my illy in. I usually root the mobs and then send my pet in. On every mob, I got the message that I couldn't send my pet in on that particular mob. After I finished that zone, I did some non-holiday quests and I was able to send my pet at mobs just fine. Is this intended?

You probably were in front of a bit of ground that didn't have perfect line of sight.

Move a little bit, summon your pet to you, and try again.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #28
Enica

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You probably were in front of a bit of ground that didn't have perfect line of sight.

Move a little bit, summon your pet to you, and try again.

Nope, that wasn't it at all. It didn't matter where I was, or what mob I targeted, or where I was standing. I had to get hit by the mob first, then my pet would act.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #29
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

hope you set the price on mount as 50 tokens instead of 300 tokens.

i am already burn-out and it not fun repeating, i gave up trying for 300 on frostfell snow effect mount.

i didnt get that 2011's pink unicorn last year due to moving and resettling and get new internet installed.

so, i dont want to re-experienced another 300 tokens and that very depressing mental burn out isnt nice to get.

there no way i would repeat for alts in that very limited time "one day" event as i am trying to complete "festival achievement" and i have other commitments to do or personal needs.

please change that numbers and lower to base line token costs.

if i see another 300 still up there and i am starting to hate holidays.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #30
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

WHOOT! RED STAINED GLASS! LOVE the teddy othmir too!and the new outfit.... and and and...

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote