EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Performance Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Starofhope

Loremaster

I recently got a new GeForce 8600 GT and sence I got that card I have had recently had errors at random times. I could play for sevral days and never see anything happen or it could happen sevral times in just a few minutes. I have the lattest drivers for both the video card and the motherboard chipset. I have also called PNY that made the card and they said the card was working fine that it had to be the game... I called sony they said it has to be the card thats bad.

Im posting here in hopes I can get to the bottom of this error.

This is what it looks like everytime it errors but it dosnt give error messages.

Error Screenshot

PoF looks way to green with this error ;P Not to mention the guessing game on my buttons lol

Logging out and restarting PC fixes it but truly is a pain when it has one of its days that it does it frequently.

System Specs:

Microsoft XP Professional

Dell Dimension E520

Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz

2558MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

Nividia GeForce 8600 GT   512MB DDR3

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

That looks like a heat issue or possibly a failing bit of RAM on the graphics card.  I would advise checking to make sure that your fans are spinning and that the vents/card are free of dust and debris.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
Ariellia

Otaku

My fiancee is experiencing the same issue. In fact, that screenshot you posted looks amazingly like his screen when he gets these sorts of problems.

Here is his setup:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz E6850

4 GB RAM 1066 DDR2 (NVidia 178.24 drivers)

NVidia GTX280 1GB

Windows XP 32bit

DirectX 9.0c 4.09.0000.0904

He notices that the problem corrects itself temporarily when toggling between Windowed and Full Screen mode (although sometimes it also logs him out to character select when he does this), but then it will occur again. Sometimes rebooting the computer causes the problem not to happen again for a while, but sometimes it doesn't.

He has checked the GPU temps, and memory usage while running the game and hasn't noticed anything abnormal.

It is really frustrating because it seems to happen at random times, but normally happens with longer gameplay.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated.