EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Soresha

Tester

Starting a thread for zone-related stuffs.

South Qeynos should be Capitol District - the name still appears:

- on the mousover text on the zone door (from docks side)

- in the onscreen location text when you zone in

Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Lizabethan

Philosopher

The walls (it's still night here, though) are dark, almost black. I'm on max settings, so it's not a graphics glitch. They really clash with the light grey stone.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Call to home from guild hall with bind point being housing post in the old Zone South Qeynos, it actually loaded me into what appeared to be the old zone. Zoning through the door to Qeynos Harbor put me into Province District, zoning back produced a crash:

Fatal Error

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

G:testeq2gameClientsrcClientNet.cpp (425): m_pCon ->Send(kbReliable ? UdpLibrary::cUdpChannelReliable1 : UdpLibrary::cUdpChannelUnreliable, ( void *)ms.getBuffer(), u_bytes ) 00a17d5400b82128

Zone door between Qeynos Province District and Qeynos Capitol District tooltips. On the Capitol side it says "To South Qeynos" On the Province side it says "To Qeynos Harbor"

Old 06-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Soresha

Tester

Zone out tooltip on the door leaving Starcrest Commune also says "South Qeynos". Looks like it needs changing everywhere then?

Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Starofhope

Loremaster

On my mom's Pc the walls and castle are a nice stone color but on mine they are jet black. I am running on max settings so I know that it should look fine. Tried a file scan and still had black walls.

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Soresha wrote:

Zone out tooltip on the door leaving Starcrest Commune also says "South Qeynos". Looks like it needs changing everywhere then?

Signs too.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Soresha

Tester

Just a heads up, I've started a separate art-related thread here, now also stickied:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=519540

Different issues for different dev eyeballs. SMILEY

Old 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I'm crashing upon trying to enter the sub-neighborhoods (Baubbleshire for sure) every time. I get stuck at "waiting for zone", exit, and then bring the game back up. I re-enter, click the door again to zone in, and it's fine.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Soresha

Tester

I'm in Nettleville, and I'm riding around on my leaper mount still. We couldn't ride mounts in the Freeport hoods! Suspect this shouldn't be allowed?

Can't remember for sure but think I was riding around Starcrest Commune as well.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
Olihin

Developer

Soresha wrote:

I'm in Nettleville, and I'm riding around on my leaper mount still. We couldn't ride mounts in the Freeport hoods! Suspect this shouldn't be allowed?

Can't remember for sure but think I was riding around Starcrest Commune as well.

That is correct.  We are making sure the mounts are not allowed in the instances. 

Thank you!

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Soresha

Tester

Erm, problems?

Capitol District crashed, tried to zone in and got stuck at "logging into zone server". Now can't get back in, guess it hasn't come back up?

Another toon can't log into Frostfang Sea on Test.

And my TestCopy toons have suddenly disappeared completely!

*leaves to fetch cookies to eat whilst waiting to continue testing*

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

We are aware of the crash issues and we have someone looking into it. Sorry about that folks!

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Hey, Qeynos cheats!

In Freeport we had our 6 basic inn rooms stacked on one another but in qeynos it's 6 doors! That's WAY better!

I couldn't zone into North Qeynos from Eldarr Grove using the door. I went back to the harbor/south qeynos door to zone in and crashed to char select trying to reach "capital district 2".

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

Grabbed the third class quest in the temple of life, and seconds after accepting it the game crashed, tried logging back in with the game crashing each time.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
Zabjade

Loremaster

Froglok Mentor is missing and the guards pointed to a blank spot. Haven't really had a chance to look at most of the other changes, zone and server keep crashing.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Soresha

Tester

Hopefully this is just Test's hardware and general performance issues... but the NPCs aren't loading anything like fast enough running through Capital District.

It's really bad. I zone in, run up the street back to the human mentor for the quests I'm doing and she's not there the first time I run past. So I miss the spot and keep running. Now I've memorised which corner she's on I stopped and waited - took several agonising seconds for the NPCs to appear.

I have a pretty decent rig, this doesn't normally happen ingame. I can't believe after you just optimised the city graphics it would be so much worse! It's got to be the server problems, right?

Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #17
MalletMan

Elder

I wonder if Qeynos will change in a poof overnight? No attack from the evil cities, or a piece of luclin coming loose and re-entering the atmosphere, or acts of Gnome?

MalletMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
eohprod

Loremaster

You know, I just had a discussion on the 1-9 channel on test, and the prevailing opinion, mine included, seems to be: Um, what changed in Qeynos?

I mean, besides a little art here and there, the mariners bell, and quests, how is Qeynos any different?

When Freeport was reborn, I though "Wow, that's a MASSIVE change!"  You know, like night and day.

With Qeynos, it's been more like the difference between an orange and a slightly oranger orange.

After taking several months, and all the hype, I kinda expected to be wowed.

eohprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #19
Knives
Server: Everfrost
Guild: The Fallen Legion

Loremaster

Upon first logging in I immediately used my call home and ended up in Graystone Yard. I didn't really think about it so I didn't run around and see if everything was still as it was pre-patch, but just thought I'd point that out (since we shouldn't be able to access the old neighborhoods anymore).

In reference to eohprod's comment (I posted a more detailed comment along the same lines in another thread, but it seems more on-topic here), I completely agree. I was not wowed at all upon entering the revamped Qeynos, nothing like my reaction to Freeport. One of Murrar Shar's early quests references a controversy among Qeynos citizens in regards to changing the city. Personally, sounds like an allusion to the playerbase's own split on revamping the city. I just hope that they commit to one side and not try to meet both parties halfway, ending up disappointing both sides. (I understand that all the artwork is already done, but maybe there's more that can be done to make it feel like a real change).

Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #20
Whilhelmina

Tester

Zoning out from a prestige house (mistmoore crag estate) puts me at the Antonica door in North Qeynos instead of by the pillar in SQ.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #21
baguetteovenfresh

Loremaster

quest: A light of hope, giver murrar shar

After going thru his dialogue and accepting the quest i ran around and found the npcs (with guards helping, tricky to do w/o maps.)

I ran back to murrar shar and he repeated the exact same dialogue and the quest did not progress.

Half-elf mentor - guards point to human mentor.

baguetteovenfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
Whilhelmina

Tester

You may want to post in the racial quests thread and the storyline quests thread.

I noticed the prestige house portals poofed, like they did in Freeport. I assume it's intended. Can we put them back in our houses or will they poof again and again?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #23
Tyanu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Caress of Saryrn

Loremaster

The walls...why are they black and not a beautiful white marble like the city quest stuff I guess I was expecting more of a WOW like Freeport was..... so disappointing =(

Old 06-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
Mynda

Loremaster

Quest: A Light Hope

NPC Musheff af Neqi in front of the Concordium has book over his head to speak to, but cannot speak to him unless you target him and use your "h" key to hail him.

This is also posted under "New Qeynos - Storyline quest feedeback" thread. I looked, but missed it there, sorry.

Mynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
Soresha

Tester

NPC Hargrove Leafsway at 804.95, -21.09, -560.69 outside Willow Wood - he's labelled as a but when hailed, doens't offer directions.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #26
Soresha

Tester

Don't know if this has changed, but casting evac in Down Below takes you to a door at the top of some spiral stairs. The door doesn't work! Either this is not a sensible evac point, or the door is broken?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Soresha

Tester

NPC Squire-Guard Williamson at 397.34, -16.55, -31.11 in Capitol District is set up as a vendor, but has nothing to sell. It's a bit weird.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Just a question - are maps gone because I have EQ2 Maps installed (and they understandably haven't had enough time to draw new ones)? I have no sense of direction! SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
Olihin

Developer

Soresha wrote:

Don't know if this has changed, but casting evac in Down Below takes you to a door at the top of some spiral stairs. The door doesn't work! Either this is not a sensible evac point, or the door is broken?

The hamlets are no longer accessible outside of the main gates within Qeynos, but that is the safe area for that zone.  You will find that other catacombs will put you near the entrances of other hamlets as well.  The door or stairs will simply not work at this time, but were not removed since they are part of the zone art.

Olihin

Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
Olihin

Developer

Lizabethan wrote:

Just a question - are maps gone because I have EQ2 Maps installed (and they understandably haven't had enough time to draw new ones)? I have no sense of direction!

We are working to add the maps by our next update. 

Olihin