EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Right now Test server is sucking. taking forever to zone. messages about username/password combo invalid. kicking to desktop. sitting at entering world. etc. a minute between clicking guild hall portal to housing and the pop of the window to choose house. etc.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Skeez1e

Tester

Yep, can get to character select but not beyond.  Even into places like Freeport and Qeynos are refusing to load. 

Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Yes, it degraded where I can't get a toon in now. was minutes wait between zones, and character changes, now it's zone unavailables.

Interesting aside: There were briefly two Test servers listed in server status in addition to Test_Copy.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Riftsburn

Tester

Well, that explains why I can't log into test at the moment.

Riftsburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Purr

Tester

Yes, it's Test. But considering that tomorrowish [TM] old Q and old DLW goes away, it would have been nice to at least have a warning before up/down, server not there, no server available, zone not available, wrong password etc etc. started.  I think we all would have prefered to have a announced downtime then this [self sensored] mess.

You want to get more people to Test/Test Copy?   This is NOT the way to do it.

PS: Purr~ of Test - now really in need of a new signature, all mice are either dead or down or in zones not available.  Volunteers throw me a pm 

Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Huh, was working fine earlier.  I'll go see if I can get in.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Eshaac

Tester

Just tried to create a new toon, and get message "there are no servers available, please try again later".  But all servers show as being up...   Also having same issue as the rest of you when trying to log in with me other established toons.

Eshaac

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Curley 32 SK, 32 Alchemist ; Squint 20 Mystic, 22 Sage

Eshaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Purr wrote:

PS: Purr~ of Test - now really in need of a new signature, all mice are either dead or down or in zones not available.  Volunteers throw me a pm 

hehe, I can change the text to "Chasing zones on unstable server" ;p

It seems that the performance of the server dropped when we got the maintenance and since then, it's on and off. Withered Lands crashed for weeks, we got server downtimes without notice for various durations while copy wasn't down and no clue if the crashes were intended or not as we never got any kind of message.Nor any kind of red name message on the topic except one from bunji when we had troubles with withered lands. Some crashes were fixed, but not all and it seems some new ones crept in.

Another server is doing that, Storms, and as I far as I know it's the only other one using old hardware. It may be linked for whatever reason, though I kinda doubt it.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Starofhope

Loremaster

I am also having the same issue. I can get to character select fine but no matter what character I try I get zone not avalible.

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
Purr

Tester

Only Chars I could log in last night were the ones hanging out in the Guildhall. No other zone responded and no new chars could be made just as Eshaac said. I guess the guildhall is hosted seperately.

Now both servers are locked. Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst. *checks the Mousie population on some live servers*