EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #61
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Forgot to say "thank you" for bringing back the charm as I requested it earlier...

And mostly THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the way you handle feedback. I really love interracting with you on your quests and events, it's just perfect. SMILEY

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #62
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Just started testing the Erollisi quests.  First, yes please do fix the dialogue with the quest giver at the North Qeynos gate, as he should know Erollisi is back.  I have not done an evil character yet to see what the giver at the Freeport says.

---------------------------------------

Second, the Hearts grabbing game by the North gate, it just isn't fun.  The hearts are too hard to see and look too much like the petals around the shinies as you approach them.  It is too easy to lose time by going over shinies when they look so similar from a distance.  Make the hearts much bigger.  I had to disable grass just to be able to play the game. 

Also the hearts are too far between and spawn too slow.  I got a consistent 80-100 candys during the Frostfell game and then when another player was doing it.  With no competition on the hearts here, I usually got 50-60 at best, once only getting a staggering 70.  With another player doing it, it would be VERY hard to get many hearts. 

----------------------------------------

Third, LOVE the new othmir teddy quest rewards.  SOOO cute! 

-------------------------------------------

Fourth, I like the way you made it so the older quest with Annalisi can still be done by those that had not done it yet.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #63
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

still 300 tokens for pink mount (unicorn)? dont push me that far again, there no way i can collect that many in a single day festival. as i had said, i didnt get frostfell mount because i got burn-out.

been playing eq2 less few days before christmas, only on for raid and very tired and bit out of focus recently.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #64
Soresha

Tester

Ok I have a lore issue. (Dialogue quote is courtesy of Zam)

So, at the end of the prelude line, Ullkorruuk aka The Lady of Insurrection is defeated by Erollisi and booted out of Norrath. With hints that she's not gone for good, but she's been removed for now.

Erollisi Marr says to you, "I warn you though, that is not the last we will see of Ullkorruuk. Although she has been physically ejected from Norrath, she has not been slain. Undoubtedly, she has simply returned to what is left of the Plane of Hate to tend to her wounds."

So then, what's she doing in New Halas immediately afterwards, giving us quests to do? This has been bothering me, it doesn't seem right at all. "Physically ejected" is a bit more than just losing a fight and skulking off somewhere for a couple of days, before heading into the centre of a town to cause trouble again.

I thought maybe it wasn't exactly the same person, but it's her alright. This NPC is called "The Lady of Insurrection" as in the battle scene, and looks like Annalisa and the dialogue with her says it's her.

I could understand if it was her high priestess or such giving out the quest, but it's Ullkorruuk herself. How do you explain this please?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #65
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Soresha wrote:

Ok I have a lore issue. (Dialogue quote is courtesy of Zam)

So, at the end of the prelude line, Ullkorruuk aka The Lady of Insurrection is defeated by Erollisi and booted out of Norrath. With hints that she's not gone for good, but she's been removed for now.

Erollisi Marr says to you, "I warn you though, that is not the last we will see of Ullkorruuk. Although she has been physically ejected from Norrath, she has not been slain. Undoubtedly, she has simply returned to what is left of the Plane of Hate to tend to her wounds."

So then, what's she doing in New Halas immediately afterwards, giving us quests to do? This has been bothering me, it doesn't seem right at all. "Physically ejected" is a bit more than just losing a fight and skulking off somewhere for a couple of days, before heading into the centre of a town to cause trouble again.

I thought maybe it wasn't exactly the same person, but it's her alright. This NPC is called "The Lady of Insurrection" as in the battle scene, and looks like Annalisa and the dialogue with her says it's her.

I could understand if it was her high priestess or such giving out the quest, but it's Ullkorruuk herself. How do you explain this please?

Yup, have to agree with Soresha on this one. Having a disciple of hate give the quest would make more sense. I took Erollisi's words to us to mean that Ulkorrukkukukuk was going to the Shard of Hate and wouldn't be personally seen on Norrath again.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #66
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

see that's a common misconception. 'physically ejected from norrath' does not mean 'can't come right back'. Erollisi literally just beat her up and punted her off to Hate. doesn't mean she can't come right back if she wanted to...or that Inny himself wouldn't toss her back out of general annoyance.

it's like a bouncer shoving you out of a club. you were 'physically ejected' but that doesn't mean you are banned forever from coming back. and remember Ully has NO followers. all she has is the possessed form of Anna right now. it would make sense that even though she got beat up and thrown out by E.Marr...that she would hop right back to work on establishing a following.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #67
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

see that's a common misconception. 'physically ejected from norrath' does not mean 'can't come right back'. Erollisi literally just beat her up and punted her off to Hate. doesn't mean she can't come right back if she wanted to...or that Inny himself wouldn't toss her back out of general annoyance.

You are exactly right, Rainmare.  It was never intended to mean that she had been permanently removed from Norrath, just that Erollisi didn't slay her.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #68
Katz

Loremaster

Perhaps you could add some dialogue about that.  Something to indicate that she isn't so easily dismissed from Norrath.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #69
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Katz wrote:

Perhaps you could add some dialogue about that.  Something to indicate that she isn't so easily dismissed from Norrath.

Agreed!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #70
darwich

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

still 300 tokens for pink mount (unicorn)? dont push me that far again, there no way i can collect that many in a single day festival. as i had said, i didnt get frostfell mount because i got burn-out.

been playing eq2 less few days before christmas, only on for raid and very tired and bit out of focus recently.

300 is just right, i got 3 mounts last year with 200 candies left over still.. Single day festival?? this runs for 2 weeks!! In part time play 1-2 hours per night you can have hundreds of candies easily... Its not meant to go and get in 4 minutes of play....

darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #71
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

If you have 6 chars, you'll get enough just running the new instance for the quest. I would love to see that instance repeatable for that purpose but well, I think it's tied to the quest you have and so will not be possible.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #72
darwich

Loremaster

With Erolissi back, can we choose her as a diety??
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #73
GrunEQ

Tester

darwich wrote:

Please

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #74
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

If you have 6 chars, you'll get enough just running the new instance for the quest. I would love to see that instance repeatable for that purpose but well, I think it's tied to the quest you have and so will not be possible.

Currently, you can group with others who need to do that step of the quest and help them.  The zone is groupable, and only requires one of the group members to have the quest on that step.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #75
Starofhope

Loremaster

I bought the dungeon maker spawners from Douglas and placed them in dungeon I made. However the Erollisian Custodian vanishes when placed, it shows up in list of placed items but it is not visable or targatable.

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #76
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

GrunEQ wrote:

darwich wrote:

Please

Yes please! SMILEY

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #77
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

it's like a bouncer shoving you out of a club. you were 'physically ejected' but that doesn't mean you are banned forever from coming back. and remember Ully has NO followers. all she has is the possessed form of Anna right now. it would make sense that even though she got beat up and thrown out by E.Marr...that she would hop right back to work on establishing a following.

Well, technically she has at least one follower.  Or might actually be able to count him as 3, since he's currently 3 different people.

(I'm still hoping for another prelude quest where those who wish to help Ullkorruuk try to restore Rikantus Everling, possibly by bargaining with Anashti or Theer to get him free of the Void?  Then he can be her prophet!  Though I suppose Rikantus in Antonica or Kantus Mor'Tael in Maj'Dul can serve as her prophet as they are...)

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #78
Kaitheel

Dev

I've got a few more changes headed to a Test server near you!

Erollisi Day

• The DYOD "Erollisian Custodian Druid" can now be placed and seen within dungeons.
  • Unforgettable - There is now a visual when Cerydes casts his chrono spell upon the player.
  • Tainted Love - The Shard of Love vases now disappear from player's view 15 sec after their last seed is placed.
  • Tainted Love - Added directions to the Shard of Love's entrance.
  • Heal the Pain - Added directions to the Shard of Love's entrance.
  • Hearts a'Flutter - The Essences of Erollisi are now bigger.
  • Hearts a'Flutter - The spell icon for the steed is now appropriate.
  • Hearts a'Flutter - The holiday rose petal collection EIG's can no longer be seen in Antonica or Commonlands when you are searching for Essences of Erollisi for this quest.
  • Hearts a'Flutter: Commonlands - The number of Essences of Erollisi have been increased near the quest start area.

These changes should be listed in the Test server update notes when they arrive!

Thank you for your continued testing!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #79
Starofhope

Loremaster

Opps miss read the notes ^^;

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #80
Cloudrat

Tester

The charm and my weapon seem to show up in the same hand for some reason...

Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #81
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

The charm and my weapon seem to show up in the same hand for some reason...

From the side picture, it looks like the charm is in your hand, and the weapon hanging from your belt.  Primary 1h weapons hang on the left side when not in use.  Usually offhand items hang on the right side, or at least offhand weapons for dual wielders do.  I guess the charm doesn't get put away.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #82
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Kaitheel wrote:

Returning features:

• “Shot Through the Heart” – NOT repeatable
  • “What's Love Got to Do With It?” – NOT repeatable

I'm running a character on Test through the event from the start today. I cannot find any way to get these two quests. Lore-wise it makes sense for them to not be around anymore (as Annalissa is no more) but I'm curious if they were removed after your OP about the event, and if they will stay removed.

If they are permanently removed can the Intricate Tapestry please be added to Douglas for purchase? SMILEY aITEM -628653192 744012799:Intricate Tapestry/a

I've completed up through Sacrificial Trust and Aaronolis only offers Unforgettable. Holding off on doing the new quests to see what is going on here. SMILEY

Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #83
Soresha

Tester

Cyliena wrote:

Kaitheel wrote:

Returning features:

I'm running a character on Test through the event from the start today. I cannot find any way to get these two quests. Lore-wise it makes sense for them to not be around anymore (as Annalissa is no more) but I'm curious if they were removed after your OP about the event, and if they will stay removed.

If they are permanently removed can the Intricate Tapestry please be added to Douglas for purchase? aITEM -628653192 744012799:Intricate Tapestry/a

I've completed up through Sacrificial Trust and Aaronolis only offers Unforgettable. Holding off on doing the new quests to see what is going on here.

Ahh you just have to keep going! Unforgettable is the quest that brings back Annalisa temporarily, and she gives those two returning quests.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #84
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Soresha wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Kaitheel wrote:

Returning features:

If they are permanently removed can the Intricate Tapestry please be added to Douglas for purchase? aITEM -628653192 744012799:Intricate Tapestry/a

I've completed up through Sacrificial Trust and Aaronolis only offers Unforgettable. Holding off on doing the new quests to see what is going on here.

Ahh you just have to keep going! Unforgettable is the quest that brings back Annalisa temporarily, and she gives those two returning quests.

...... that makes no sense. Or maybe it would make Unforgettable make more sense for those who get one brief spewage out of her because they've done it before. I'll try it out, thanks.

Okay next thing... the Puppy Love Plushie costs 100 Erollisi Coins on Douglas. With 4 new activators and 5 new spawners as well as 3 other new house items on him, it's going to be a pain to afford everything this year. Any chance of making it match the stag plushie's cost of 20 Erollisi Coins instead?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #85
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Reposted with better detail a few replies down in this same thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=513526#5707312

Old 01-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #86
Cloudrat

Tester

After patch, I don't see much difference in the hearts a flutter sigh. Guess the old folks are out of luck this year.  At least in the past we could group and take turns winning hehe 

Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #87
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

I've only ran Hearts a'Flutter in Commonlands so far, but I've be carefully watching the timer and when the hearts appear to try and figure this out. This was just within the past 10 minutes so obviously post patch.

Here's the problem: The hearts do *not* show up until a full 20 seconds after the timer starts. They are there (I accidentally ran over one trying to find them during one of my runs, could not see it, but got credit) but they are not VISIBLE for 20 seconds.

Please either get them to appear immediately or lengthen the timer by 15-20 seconds if there's an issue that prevents them from immediately appearing. I'll be running Antonica soon to see if that's the same.

As a side note: I have yet to get grand prize. Normally each year I almost always have gotten first prize consistantly on my server, so to be struggling at this is pretty unusual and frustrating. edit to add: I did end up getting grand prize twice, both times by getting 82. Those extra 3 were from hitting invisible ones on accident.

edit: Antonica is even worse. The hearts don't appear until 30 seconds in. A few sometimes appear at 25 with the rest at 30, but usually it's all of them at 30. =

Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #88
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

I've tried out all four Dungeon Maker activators now! Full feedback on them:

Dungeon used: Infusion of Nature on Test. I made this two room dungeon just for this purpose! The most mobs you fight at a single time is two, with a couple of paired ^ fights. I used the arcane effects object in both rooms, the health boost effect object in both rooms and the dps increasing effect object in the last room.

Sister Leela Activator (Scout)

• Solo Survivability: Fair. It's a bit of an insult to scouts that this thing takes damage so poorly. Or maybe it's the fact that the DPS output isn't too great. Most dungeons on Live servers have 3-4 mobs per fight and this avatar would likely die every fight. If no effects objects are used it *might* survive a 3 mob fight, but it would be down to the wire imo.
  • Abiltity Damage: Fair. Since this avatar only has damage abilities it would be nice to see the longer resetting ones bumped up some for damage output. "Hastened Conviction", the fastest resetting one, could use a second or two shaved off of its reset time.
  • Power Consumption: "Fever of Ferver" (say that 10 times fast!) has massive power consumption--370. This avatar only has 1481 power so the likelihood of people even bothering with this ability once they notice its consumption is pretty slim to none.
  • Desirability: At its current state would make a bad solo dungeoneer but a decent support one. However doesn't stand up against most other avatars, especially mage ones, imo.
  • Other Notes: This is the first time I've used a Scout avatar so maybe they're all this unimpressive. Take that as you will.

Sister Aalarya Activator (Mage)

• Solo Survivability: Good. Seems well balanced between direct damage and AoEs, dishes out enough to survive just enough. Harder fights are close calls but no deaths in my dungeon run.
  • Ability Damage: Would suggest upping AoE damage a bit but otherwise I think this avatar is on par with existing mages.
  • Power Consumption: Great balance on this, nothing is out of wack.
  • Desirability: Would be very desirable for either soloers or groupers.
  • Other Notes: My favorite mage on Live is the Libant Frostfuser but this might replace that!

Sister Thog Activator (Fighter)

• Solo Survivability: Poor. As I mentioned before, it's not a ^ avatar like all other fighters are, making it very weak. It cannot pull from a distance. All of these add up to a terrible fighter.
  • Ability Damage: Abilities seemed okay on damage. However, some general issues. "Touch of Soul" can't be used to pull from a distance. By the time you're just close enough to use it, the mobs aggro (these mobs don't have increased aggro effects either). The AoE, "Temperment of Battle", not only requires you to be right on top of your current targetted mob to use but also hits the *entire* room.
  • Power Consumption: Fighter avatars all to consume way too much power (imo) but this one seemed to consume even more than normal. "Benevolence of Erollisi" was the worst for power consumption.
  • Desirability: At its current state I would highly recommend that no one waste their Erollisi Coin on this avatar. It's pretty much useless for solo or group dungeon runs.
  • Other Notes: SMILEY

Sister Katey Activator (Priest)

• Solo Survivability: Very Good. It kills slowly as heck but the power consumption is in check and the heals can keep it alive in difficult fights.
  • Ability Damage: The DD (sorry, forgot the name) could use its damage bumped up by about 100 points just so it's not a snoozefest to run longer dungeons.
  • Power Consumption: Well balanced!
  • Desirability: It'll be a tossup between this one and the mage for which is most popular come Erollisi Day, I think. Great job on this one.
  • Other Notes: I've been using the Mystic Moppet from the Marketplace for solo dungeon runs but I might replace that with this one!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #89
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Cyliena wrote:

I've only ran Hearts a'Flutter in Commonlands so far, but I've be carefully watching the timer and when the hearts appear to try and figure this out. This was just within the past 10 minutes so obviously post patch.

Here's the problem: The hearts do *not* show up until a full 20 seconds after the timer starts. They are there (I accidentally ran over one trying to find them during one of my runs, could not see it, but got credit) but they are not VISIBLE for 20 seconds.

Please either get them to appear immediately or lengthen the timer by 15-20 seconds if there's an issue that prevents them from immediately appearing. I'll be running Antonica soon to see if that's the same.

As a side note: I have yet to get grand prize. Normally each year I almost always have gotten first prize consistantly on my server, so to be struggling at this is pretty unusual and frustrating. edit to add: I did end up getting grand prize twice, both times by getting 82. Those extra 3 were from hitting invisible ones on accident.

edit: Antonica is even worse. The hearts don't appear until 30 seconds in. A few sometimes appear at 25 with the rest at 30, but usually it's all of them at 30. =

Starting to feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread... must've scared everyone off!

Forgot to mention something else about the Hearts a'Flutter contest in yesterday's post, but since I'm screenshot pruning today I was reminded of it. The steed you ride is default speed of 130%. The multi-colored essences boost you another 20%, to 150% speed. The buff states that you're supposed to be 300% speed though? Either that or else my speed output is capping at 150% for some reason. Anyways, screenie:

The Frostfell contest was the same way but I didn't bother to mention it then because it wasn't as frustrating as this one is now.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #90
Enica
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

I had a feeling that I was running too slow. It almost seemed slower than my normal mount sometimes.

For both races, when the race starts, I never take off running. Like had been stated, there's no hearts. I just stand there until I can see a few, then I start. I've never been able to get over a medium prize. They just seem too scattered around.

Also I noticed in Antonica, a lot of them are clustered at the base of the big tree where the scarecrows are, and when you run over them they don't disappear and you don't get credit.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote