EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #31
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Typo at the end of "Unforgettable":  Aaronolis says that Ullkorruuk was "affective at manipulating us."  "Affective" means emotional, or relating to emotions.  I think the word you want is "effective," ie. producing the intended result.

Edit: When we are on "Heal the Pain," is there any reason why we cannot destroy more than the 8 required Seeds of Distrust vases if we choose to?  It's not like the zone is a contested one, where there needs to be more targets for other players...

Edit2: When speaking to David Torchsong for "Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch!" he is still heartbroken over Erollisi's death.  Shouldn't he be overjoyed at her return?

Edit3: It might just be perception, but it certainly seems like the hearts are harder to collect than the candies were for the Frostfell race.  I was able to get 75 candies for frostfell if I kept moving, but haven't managed it for Hearts a'Flutter yet.  No clue if that difficulty is intentional or not.  I do see from the leaderboard that some people have managed it, so will keep trying.

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #32
ChrisMarchant

Tester

Thanks for the news about the Freeport areas, however some of the Qeynos adventure areas can only be accessed throughthe suburbs.

With the Annalisa, I have discovered that you can only do her two quests while on Unforgetable, if you haven't done them before. Thanks for that, but mentioning that somewhere would be a good move.

I asked last year for more roses, and suggested that they could be collected in Commonlands and Antonica, but that was cried down.

One point I noticed, there was a quest last year, Eclipse of the Heart, that is not being offered to my first time Erollisi character, but the piles of blue glowing earth are still showing in Commonlands. Can they be taken out if the quest not being offered this year, or put the quest back in. My characters who did te quest last year are able to see the blue glowing piles of earth.

On Heal the Pain, the corrupted creatures are not attacking my good character at all, but the guardians, who show as hostile but not corrupted are!!!!!!! And I get corrupted updates on killing the defenders as well, surely that is the wrong way wrong for this quest.

Can you please check that out, as I am sure Heal the Pain is using the Tainted Love set up, rather than having the correct set up for the quest. I haven't run Tainted Love yet, but will check that out.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
Soresha

Tester

Kaitheel wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Kaitheel, will you turn back on the Goodess Risen at a time? You cut it short without notice so some players in chat said they weren't done.

I don't have a problem doing that, at all.  It's just a matter of when.  I was sorry to have to deactivate it, and particularly without warning.

If I feel that the Erollisi Day content has been thoroughly tested then I could reactivate the Goddess Risen event between now and Feb 7, but even if that does not happen I will definitely reactivate the event after Erollisi Day is concluded.  Thankfully, there is no conflict between Goddess Risen and Brewday Festival or Bristlebane Day!

~Kaitheel

Please do, Kaitheel. I never finished it either. From what we were told, we still had 3 more weeks and no reason to do it sooner.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #34
darwich

Loremaster

the 300 cost for the mount is fine where it is. This is simple to achieve in part time play. I got 3 of the mounts last year and i play less than 2 hours per day weekdays and maybe 6 or 7 hours for the whole weekend.
darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #35
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

darwich wrote:

the 300 cost for the mount is fine where it is. This is simple to achieve in part time play. I got 3 of the mounts last year and i play less than 2 hours per day weekdays and maybe 6 or 7 hours for the whole weekend.

Simple to achieve in part time play.. oh.. so not true. I was able to get one and have some candies and notes left for crafting stuff, but def couldnt get mutiples.

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #36
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Easier with the new shard of love instance dropping TONS of candies. Thanks Kaitheel !

Typo in Heart's a'Flutter commonlands: Descriptive text says: "Race all around Antonica gathering...". Should be Commonlands.

Freeport quests are working just fine. Could it be possible to move Marjorie near Vixxie in the tavern or at least add a temporary stove near her? She feels weird cooking in the middle of nowhere.

In shards of love, I had the same problem as said above: my pet won't attack anythink I haven't attacked first.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #37
darwich

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

darwich wrote:

Simple to achieve in part time play.. oh.. so not true. I was able to get one and have some candies and notes left for crafting stuff, but def couldnt get mutiples.

there are several noobie areas where the spawns are so fast you can barely kill all the mobs... ae.. ae.. ae. loot loot loot,, youll have much more candy than you can deal with.

darwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #38
Senya

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Kaitheel wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Supple Hart Leather Leggings - I'm confused about the lighter tan/peach part of these. Is that supposed to be bared skin or what? The lines going across that part makes it look like my char had some horrendous leg surgery. Pic of the legs: http://i43.tinypic.com/30mmu68.jpg (on a human female, normal model)

Oh!  It's fabric.  It's based on LoN card art.  It's even more noticable on characters of other skin colors, but I can see why you were confused.

~Kaitheel

Any chance of it becoming the same color as the rest of the leggings? The rest of it looks great but that really detracts the beauty of the outfit imo.

Have to agree here.  Love the outfit, except for that on the legs.

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #39
Absyntheea

Loremaster

Thanks for the tip! I wil totally try that this year My problem last year may have been the fact that I was trying to gather roses too.. and getting enough roses and candies was a bit hard to do.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #40
Soresha

Tester

Ran through the quests so far, found a few things but not sure about all of them...

Quest: Unforgettable

1. There's no map PoIs for the chronomage or Annalisa. Ok it's all in a small area, but if you were a new player hadn't done the previous quests you wouldn't know where Annalisa used to be, and there's no clue in the quest text or dialogue.

2. When you hail Annalisa, her dialogue doesn't appear in a chat bubble over her head. It's currently only visiable in the chat window, if you have NPC Say ticked. Perhaps more likely is it's instantly disappearing, because there's no option for you to respond to her. 

3. There's only one dialogue node on Annalisa, which is rather general. "We must pray to Mithaniel..." Is there more that's missing? Should something have happened? When you go back to Cerydes he asks "have you experienced the events of the past?" And you say "I have". This leaving me confused and thinking, "huh??" She didn't tell me anything, so I don't know what I'm saying I've experienced. There's no explanation until the next step.

4. My main character has only completed the first of the three Goddess Arisen quests, Unbreak my Heart. I didn't get to do the other two quests before it was turned off when the new stuff was patched in. So instead I ran it in full on live before starting on testing this, so I know the story.

Anyway... on my main I get the dialogue with Aaronolis as if I know the end of the story: "Both Erollisi and Ullkorruuk are back now." Whereas my alt who hasn't done any of the quests gets the correct dialogue "I want to learn more of these events". But my main doesn't know what happened either! It might make more sense to test against whether the last of the three quests, Thief of Hearts, has been completed, not the first in the series.

Edit: Nevermind. My new alt seems to get both these lines so I don't think I followed it right. It does all feel a bit confusing though. SMILEY

5. I wonder how many people will find the alternative quest on The Lady of Insurrection. Since the quest flag on Sister Katey Dalwynn lights up immediately after finishing Unforgettable, and you're standing right next to it, I think people will assume that's the next quest in the chain. If you have evil characters and don't realise, I think you'd be annoyed to realise you've gone the good route by mistake.

Quest: Tainted Love

6. A "sprite of devotion" is non-attackable on this quest, whereas everything else I tried could be killed for the quest - intended?

7. There is no water sound if you run through the pool in this zone (or for Heal the Pain), isn't there normally? E.g. running into the water around the Cairn of the Huntress in New Halas.

8. The vases reset and I was able to re-click the same ones again. This might have been because I died.

9. The vases for Heal the Pain have a huge green cloud on them making them easy to find. In this version they blend in with the scenery and it took some hunting around to find them, and I missed some that I saw later when I did Heal the Pain. Some kind of sparkley effect on them in this version too wouldn't hurt.

Quest: Heal the Pain

10. Similar to Tainted love, the "sprite of jealous/jilted passion" is not attackable.

11. In the version of this zone for the prelude quests, the doors to the Chapel of Love (?) will open and you can go inside. In this zone, the doors aren't clickable and don't open - why?

12. If you die in this zone, the revive window reports that your revive location will be Shard of Love: a Healing Touch, not Weeding Corruption.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #41
Soresha

Tester

NPC Lucy Lovewing

13. I took my new human beastlord alt to New Halas - she's not done any Erollisi quests. Then realised I have to start in Antonica. But the NPC Lucy Lovewing won't over to teleport her over there. All she says is "Don't you just love Erollisi Day?" She's a goodie character, who lives in Qeynos.

My good fae fury who lives in New Halas get the teleport option just fine, but my evil arasai necro who lives in Gorowyn doesn't get offered it either. Both have done all the quest lines now.

So is the NPC only helping those who live in New Halas?  This seems a bit unhelpful for anyone who goes straight to New Halas and then realises they're in the wrong place (like I did).

Edit: Ok maybe the evil character should go to Commonlands... but still it would be useful if non-Halas residents had a teleport option to whichever.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #42
Soresha

Tester

Now running everything from the start, on my new beastlord alt...

14. David Torchsong for (Find 'em a Find) doesn't seem to know that Erollisi is back. Maybe he needs his dialogue updating?

15. On my new alt, I started Unforgettable. Then go to talk to Annalisa and get offered Shot through the Heart. After picking up Shot through the Heart, the quest Unforgettable has updated and the next step is to go back to Cerydes. But there's no quest completion icon over his head now, and hailing him won't progress the Unforgettable quest. He just says I'm free to relive events now.

One you've completed What's Love Got to Do With It? then Cerydes updates the next step in Unforgettable - which makes sense.  I think Unforgettable is updating too early?

16. When you do these quests on a new alt, it makes a lot more sense, and I think it works well to access the older content (from a now dead NPC!) But I started by doing them on my main character that did Annalisa's Erollisi quests a year ago, it doesn't work well at all. All the stuff in the dialogue about experiencing events, and your accomplishments, doesn't fit simply hailing Annalisa and getting nothing from her. Maybe she could talk to you a bit more and at least remind you what you did for her previously?

17. I keep getting errors off pets, being told "You may not order your pet to attack the selected or implied target" when trying to send them to fight the mobs in the new Shard of Love zones. This happened first on my necro, and now it's happening on my beastlord's warder as well.

Edit for one more:

18. The Romance in a Jar item is not usable by Beastlords.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #43
Starofhope

Loremaster

Dungeon Maker spawners on Douglas can not be bought it just tells me that it has a unknown curency. My coins stay on my character and I do not recive the spawner.

Starofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #44
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

I bug or typo reported most stuff I encountered earlier today and Soresha touched on a lot of it anyways. From running a few chars through the event that had done it in years past:

1. Unforgettable: I have to agree that I also felt that something more was supposed to happen with Annalisa. I don't see how going and listening to her babbling one line taught me anything of her past.

2. Shard of Love: both instances, after you pass through the Gates of Bliss, turn around and face the entrance. The zone art for the wall is missing and there's some mad flicker going on.

3. Any chance we can re-enter the Shard of Love instances after completing the quests? It was a nice way to get candy.

4. Shard of Love: both instances, the sprites are not attackable, you get a message of "that is not an enemy". Trying an indiscriminate AoE gave me "no targets in range".

5. The othmir teddies are absolutely adorable!

6. Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch: (a) the quest givers should now speak as if Erollisi has returned instead of mourning her and (b) in their closing dialogue, maybe just have them say "go help the followers of Erollisi in New Halas" instead of mentioning a specific NPC.

7. Shard of Love: evil instance for Tainted Love (sorry don't recall zone name), the named ghost protectors were respawning. Didn't notice anything else respawning in there.

8. Tainted Love: A lot of people are simply not going to get this quest because (a) they probably don't read patch notes and/or (b) they will automatically assume that Katey's is the only quest available because she's right there. The quests are almost identical so it's really a minor thing but it seems a shame that the evil version might mostly go to the wayside. Maybe when a player completes Unforgettable the Lady of Insurrection could zone yell, or "tell" the player something, trying to coerce them to her side and away from Sister Katey?

There was probably other minor stuff I don't recall offhand but I'm sure I bug/typo reported it. Planning on checking out the full series of quests on a lowbie Test char tomorrow or the day after to see how it all meshes. I'm honestly surprised to read that Annalisa is "back" for the previous quests; I really thought those quests would simply be dumped since that storyline has now played out.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
Finora

Tester

I've been running my young coercer through these quests for the first time this year & discovered none of the mobs in the Nektropos Castle portion are charmable. That makes that zone more difficult/annoying than it needs to be for that class.

Already noted by others, but I also found I could not attack or charm the sprites in the "Weed Corruption" version of the Shard of Love while on the quest Heal the Pain. I found I could charm other creatures in the zone but can not be sent to attack anything else in the zone (they do seem to attack however after you are attack if you have them set to protect).

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
Kaitheel

Dev

This is great!  Thank you all for jumping on and helping to test this event, so soon!

There's a lot of issues here, so I'm getting right to them.  I'll report back later today on what I've been able to accomplish at that point.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #47
Absyntheea

Loremaster

I went through "What's love got to do with it" and had trouble getting Kirstiana X'aphon to spawn. I got the scroll, read it, dusted the zone then right clicked it again to "speak the words" but wasnt given the option. I had to log out and come back in and then it worked. I think we were having that problem last year too.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #48
Kaitheel

Dev

Heyya!

The following changes are headed your way:

Erollisi Day

• Romance in a Jar is now usable by Beastlords.
  • The Dirt mounds in Commonlands and the wild hemlock in Darklight Wood no longer spawn.  The quest they were for is no longer available.
  • Erollisi Day themed DYoD items can now be purchased from Douglas, the event merchant.
  • Dungeon Maker spawner item names now list their classes in parenthesis to be more consistent with other DYOD spawners.
  • All of the "Romantic Gifts to Craft V” are now correctly labeled as Handcrafted.
  • The Disciples of Love, David Torchsong and Diana Heartstrings, have been updated to reflect the Erollisi Marr’s return and Annalisa Swornlove’s death.
  • My Romantic Reputation - now scales to 100.
  • Hearts a'Flutter - The number of Essences of Erollisi have been increased near the quest start area.
  • Hearts a'Flutter - tutorial message in Commonlands, now correctly identifies the zone.
  • Find 'em a Find, Catch 'em a Catch! - Marjorie Falconius has been moved to a place more appropriate for her, within the city of Freeport.
  • Unforgettable - Now requires a conversation with Priestess Annalisa Swornlove, not just hailing her.  Players that have completed "What's Love Got to Do With It?" will be given dialog specific to them.  Players that have not completed "What's Love Got to Do With It?" will be given the opportunity to do so.
  • Unforgettable - Now has RoIs for each of the conversation steps.
  • The Lady of Insurrection has moved to more familiar territory within New Halas.
  • Erollisi roses have been seen growing in New Halas now, too!
  • Shard of Love: Seeding Corruption
    • The revive location and evacuate locations now correctly identify the version of the Shard of Love.
    • Protectors of Erollisi no longer respawn.
    • The vases required for "Tainted Love" are now more noticeable, as they sparkle.
    • The sprites of passion and devotion can now be attacked.
  • Shard of Love: Weeding Corruption
    • The revive location and evacuate locations now correctly identify the version of the Shard of Love.
    • The vases containing Seeds of Distrust can be destroyed even after fulfilling the quest requirement.
    • The sprites of jilted devotion and jealous passion can now be attacked.
    • The hostile custodians are now aggro.

I do not know when theses changes will make it to the Test servers, but they are on their way!

More changes to come!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #49
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5704308 Off topic
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #50
Gneaux
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Loremaster

Are there any exact number for the Hearts a Flutter quest like how many hearts are needed for a small, medium, and large prize?

Gneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #51
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I went through "What's love got to do with it" and had trouble getting Kirstiana X'aphon to spawn. I got the scroll, read it, dusted the zone then right clicked it again to "speak the words" but wasnt given the option. I had to log out and come back in and then it worked. I think we were having that problem last year too.

I had to double click the spot that you dust off. Just clicking twice didn't do it for me.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #52
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Are there any exact number for the Hearts a Flutter quest like how many hearts are needed for a small, medium, and large prize?

Currently, it is:

• Enormous prize bag - 80 or more candy
  • Huge prize bag - 79 or fewer candy
  • Big prize bag - 64 or fewer candy
  • Medium prize bag - 39 or fewer candy
  • Small prize bag – 24 or fewer candy

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #53
Kaitheel

Dev

Heyya all!

I've got two more changes, coming soon!

Erollisi Day

• The wandering vengeful sprits in Nektropos Castle should wander the halls more consistently.
  • What's Love Got to Do With It? – Wiping the dust off of The Lady of Insurrection plaque lasts longer now, and should make calling the High Priestess of Ullkorruuk easier.

I am not sure when these changes will be on the Test servers, but when they do, they should be called out in the update notes.

Thank you, again!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #54
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

In the Shard of Love part of the end of the quest line, I took my illy in. I usually root the mobs and then send my pet in. On every mob, I got the message that I couldn't send my pet in on that particular mob. After I finished that zone, I did some non-holiday quests and I was able to send my pet at mobs just fine. Is this intended?

I've got this problem being looked at.  Hopefully, it can be resolved, too!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #55
Kaitheel

Dev

ChrisMarchant wrote:

Thanks for the news about the Freeport areas, however some of the Qeynos adventure areas can only be accessed throughthe suburbs.

On Heal the Pain, the corrupted creatures are not attacking my good character at all, but the guardians, who show as hostile but not corrupted are!!!!!!! And I get corrupted updates on killing the defenders as well, surely that is the wrong way wrong for this quest.

Previous to Freeport Reborn, some of the Freeport adventure zones were only accessable via the suburbs.  That was changed, and bells were added to the zones.  That is the same plan for any of the qeynos adventure zones, too.  Hopefully, that helps ease some of your worry!

As for the creatures you experienced in Shard of Love, I believe that I was able to resolve that with yesterday's changes.  They aren't on the Test servers yet, but when they are you should see it noted that "The hostile custodians are now aggro".  There were a couple things odd about the character files.  See if that helps any!

Thank you!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
Kaitheel

Dev

Cyliena wrote:

2. Shard of Love: both instances, after you pass through the Gates of Bliss, turn around and face the entrance. The zone art for the wall is missing and there's some mad flicker going on.

I've reported the issue to our art department.  Hopefully, it can be resolved ASAP.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel

Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
Soresha

Tester

The Supple Hart Leather Gloves are only providing the appearance of your gloves slot. Which is to say, they aren't overriding your bracers' appearance. But these "gloves" go up to the elbow, covering the forearm area normally occupied by bracers. So the result is a nasty clash with both your bracers and the hart gloves being displayed at the same time.

The only way to get a decent appearance currently, (assuming you don't want to forsake your bracers equipment slot completely!), would be if you have some invis bracers to equip in the appearance slot. Seems a bit harsh on players - can they be made to override the bracers? I think this is done on other long, gauntlet-style gloves already?

Here's a pic:

left - with bracers slots empty (both equipment and appearance)

right - what happens when I put the hart gloves into appearance slot, keeping my normal adventuring bracers in the equipment slot.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #58
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

It is much much better, thanks Kaitheel !

David Torchsong was still mourning Erollisi.

I still have troubles finding enough nodes in the Commonlands race. I only manage to reach 80 by being lucky around the sprawl door, so it still needs some love I think. Antonica race is perfect !

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
Kaitheel

Dev

Soresha wrote:

The Supple Hart Leather Gloves are only providing the appearance of your gloves slot. Which is to say, they aren't overriding your bracers' appearance.

Good catch!  Thankfully, Covic, our lead character artist, was able to correct the issue on our side.  I am not sure when the art file change will make it to the Test servers (they take longer than normal file changes), but it should be before the event is activated on the live servers.

~Kaitheel

Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

David Torchsong was still mourning Erollisi.

Ack!  You're right.  I had not caught all of the dialogue leading up to offering the quest.  Thank you!

The following change is headed your way and should be called out in an upcoming Test server update:

Erollisi Day

• The Disciples of Love, David Torchsong and Diana Heartstrings, have had all of their dialogue updated to reflect the Erollisi Marr’s return.

~Kaitheel