EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Zeedlana

Augur

So I'm relatively new to EQ2 here, but going hog wild with this whole decorating thing. I lost track of how many hours I spent last night doing up a bathroom and more for my kitchen area with what recipies I have available to me at this point in my crafting career.

The only thing I'm stuck on is what exactly to use at this point that would give me some flames for my stove top...which being made out of an alder chest at the moment and a couple drums doesn't quite have the look I want, though I'm still pleased with the results. I thought about a cluster of simple candelabras scaled down and sunk into the drum, but I'm not sure I want to waste item spaces on it like that. 

I think I used up most of my creative juices last night on my not quite finished toilet out of a chest, a drum and a lab flask...and wishing I was high enough already to craft a shackle for a pull chain. (It took me forever on the toilet...and it still needs work)

Eh, I'm rambling now and I should just post this and get back to work. Except I don't really feel like it today. =P

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Hmm, maybe the generic wall sconces (there's a housing merchant version and a crafted version, can't remember which tier but I think t3)? Also check broker for "ouchie sootfoot coals", those have a smaller flame and if they're inexpensive that might work. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
Zeedlana

Augur

Thanks! I'll have a look around now. SMILEY

Think I've gone into overload trying to remember various items having browsed so many sites the past few days.

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Kaian
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

Depending on what shape flame area you want, also have a look at the andirons for sale at the housing merchant in Halas - I -think- (not sure) that they scale small enough to be useful.

Kaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Domino

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Hmm, maybe the generic wall sconces (there's a housing merchant version and a crafted version, can't remember which tier but I think t3)? Also check broker for "ouchie sootfoot coals", those have a smaller flame and if they're inexpensive that might work.

Level 25 recipe, I believe.  Ah, the generic wall sconce.  It used to be the staple item for building fireplaces back in the day before we had so many options!  Brings back memories ... SMILEY

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I went to EQ2 Traders to see what I used and yes, it's the Generic Wall Sconce (*crosses fingers for Niami, I hope she'll recover her datas). It seems to be level 30.

(light sources are here: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/a...php?article=g13 )

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Zeedlana

Augur

Thank you all. I have fire now. SMILEY

Now to get back to crafting...since I went and decided I needed a mansion for some crazy reason...

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

That's a perfect little stove SMILEY

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
Zeedlana

Augur

I like that the smoke from the torch looks like steam coming out of the top of the pot. A 2-for-1 special. SMILEY

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #10
Bhael
Server: Oasis
Guild: Freedom Flames

Loremaster

Nicely done!

Bhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #11
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Ohh that came out beautifully, great work!

Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Hmm, maybe the generic wall sconces (there's a housing merchant version and a crafted version, can't remember which tier but I think t3)? Also check broker for "ouchie sootfoot coals", those have a smaller flame and if they're inexpensive that might work.

generic wall sconces are t1 or t2 i used them in my decorators challence house which consists of only T1/T2 stuff here is a link to the kitchen... They are the best gas flame for a hob i have seen so far SMILEY

Wether you are a beginner or a vetran decorator, would you like to make friend's who's sole pleasure in game is to decorate!!

If so please /join Freeport.decorators Our little channel is blooming very well now we have so far aprox 25/30 players and we play at all times of the day and night so someone is always on to help!

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

P.S to all the AB decorators ect this is in no way ment to offend your channel but more for us freeportarians to help each other and to have easy acces to player homes with out having to create a new char to switch server's...

You are all welcome to join as well if you would like too or not.
egyptiangothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
Khiara
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Soul Garden

Loremaster

I like to use the halasian andiron...tho I make large stoves with grills and such on them..usually using the lab table you get from getting faction with the euridites in SBH SMILEY  If you need a smaller flame the absolutely the generic sconce is perfect SMILEY

Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Katttara

Lord

The item I am finding best for me to use for stove flames, is "a paladin brazier" from the furniture store in the city of Freeport. It only costs 72 silver and can buy as many as you want. They are also tradeable, so you can search for them on the broker. I am not sure if good cities sell them.

I like this better than the sconce because you don't have to worry about placing them on the wall. Also, with the recent changes, and using the ctrl button, its very easy to just lower and sink them into the floor and they give off wonderful light and have just the right amount of flame for a stovetop...as well as the radiating smoke for a pot above it etc. They are wonderful also because they get both very small and very big. =)

The merchant in the furniture store is named "Vhishall" and the shop is the "Emporium" in East Freeport. I will later add the waypoint (zam down for maintenance at the moment.)

By the way, can anyone tell me how to get the /a code for the item examine info in game? Other than getting from Zam or other sites that is. I would like to be able to examine an item and get that code from it to paste anywhere or give to someone, but not sure how. =)

Oh, and I find sinking the vases from the very same shop, makes a great stove burner, and then coupled with the brazier, tops it off. It saves time having to make two items, and I can spend time crafting other items. I will try to remember to post a screenshot of a make-shift oven idea using those two items later. =)

The stove the OP ended up with looks read good, just sharing another couple ideas for anyone. =)

Edit: the item examine is this:  aITEM -2012617853 1591770237:a paladin brazier/a

(Zam has two of this item listed...one linked to the recipe item, one linked to the merchant sellers.)

And thanks Cyliena for the info..will give that a try. =)

Kat :@
Katttara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Katttara wrote:

By the way, can anyone tell me how to get the /a code for the item examine info in game? Other than getting from Zam or other sites that is. I would like to be able to examine an item and get that code from it to paste anywhere or give to someone, but not sure how. =)

The only other way I know of is to turn on your log, paste the item into any chat window, turn off your log and the a-item bit should be in your log then.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
Zeedlana

Augur

Katttara - is it like this lvl 44 carp recipie? (since I'm at work at the moment and can't slink through Freeport to check)

Paladin Brazier

What I want to try next is to see if one can get an orange flamed lamp and a blue flamed one - like say the mystic ebon sconce - to work together well enough to look more like a gas burner. Or maybe I'll just end up with a crazy stove in my next house with each burner a different funky color.

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Katttara

Lord

Yes, that is precisely the one =)

I like that it can be bought because with fuel, it winds up being cheaper bought, and with all the items a designer needs to make, it saves the time of multiples of an item if its fairly cheap. If you try yourself, with either another circular item or the vase as I mentioned, you will see how realistic it looks. Perhaps today I can screenshot a sample for ya. =)

Also, in response to your other comments, several thoughts cross my mind:

The look you mention, is of course depening on what you are looking to do/for and your own personal tastes of course, but if you are looking to be more chronilogically accurate ( and some are not, which is good...so many wonderful creations of all kinds =)  )...then the gas look would not be a way to go. But the bigger problem you might run into is item count. With something circular, for the four burners plus the flame element, you already use two each x 4 = 8 items just for those alone, let alone the rest of the stove. If you were to use two things just to create the flame, you use four more items for all burners. And as you get through more of the home and the ideas come flooding to you, you will find that you are losing precious item count space and its very frustrating. =)  All of us designers always want to add more details and it restricts more of our creativity. Just something to think about. It all depends on which details are most important to you. Heck though, anything goes when it comes to designing. If it feels right, just do it, I say! =)) Whatever way you choose, I am sure it will be nice and looking forward to see the final outcome of what you do.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
Zeedlana

Augur

I only worry about fire if I decide to put a pot on it, so that helps a little I suppose. I'm kinda liking the idea of rainbow flames right now though... SMILEY

Darn item counts. SMILEY

I'm working up the plans for my four guest suites and trying to decide which furniture sets would look okay sharing the same dividers with how I have worked out to divide the space I'm using. And I know I'll have to cut down on the pantry items for the kitchen at some point, but I have to see pictures of everything before I make my mind up.

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
Katttara

Lord

So, I was going to post just an image of the sample burner I had mentioned, and decided to fiddle around with different stoves

just for fun. Well, I got carried away. I made an entire stove, and its kinda a shame because I have to break it down and move

to another home as soon as I have enough status for it (getting a bigger one.)  But at least it gave me some ideas for future

things. And, I figured, in case in could help or inspire ideas for you or others, I would post it here as well.

So, here it is (keep in mind it needs a little tweaking when I put in house to be kept, and nothing around it is done, and I might

change a couple things...but its a star)t:

And Zeedlana, in your honor, I made one burner have multiple flame colors mixed to make a rainbow--sorta. It has regular

flames, greenish flames, and purple flames in one.

Keep in mind that this whole stove had a fairly high item count for it alone, so for future use I might tweak it. AHHH...to dream

of working with less restriction...and to decorate to hearts content! 

The image below shows a better shot of the multi-color flames (the burner next to it with the pot has just regular flames that

you might see coming from below (along with the steam and crackling sound--its much better in person.)

And just for you, and as I said I would (or anyone who wanted to see)...I made a small sample of how the brazier and vase I

mentioned you could buy from the shop...look as a burner. I made no stove to go with it, its only to show the burner and

how easy and inexpensive it is to make:

Hope any of that helps...and thanks btw, for getting my creative juice flowing again. Real life stuff being hard has quelched

them lately and its been hard to find my muse.

Don't forget to show us what you wind up doing! =)  Good luck!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
Zeedlana

Augur

That looks great Kat!

Orpi is a little jealous as she has her eye on that lovely lab table you have there ... though she wants it for something else. Not sure I should always let a necro have her way when it comes to decorating.

That makes for an awsome stove though. What did you use for the oven door handle? Is that a top of a tapestry or something similar?

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Zeedlana

Augur

I'm just going to rant here in one of my threads instead of staring a whole new one. Cause I feel the need to have a slight tantrum, and I'm sure this has been ranted about before.

Why on Tunare's multi-colored planet is there no other matching furniture to go with the Eccentric Fir Bed? Why are there no funky couches to go with the tier 2 maple beds? Those snake heads would make for neat couch backs -- so where are they? Where's a snake headed maple armoire or shelving setup?

How am I supposed to plan out my last two guest suites when I can't find enough matching furniture and I'm being picky and not wanting to reuse furniture from the other two?

Give me another quest to grind or something, but give me more teir 2-3 furniture to go with what I already have. PLEASE.

Or -- I know people will probably want to string me up for saying this - but I would pay SC for recipies like this. I honestly don't mind paying for a recipie if it means I'll be able to make a side table and and other furniture pieces to go with my Eccentric Fir Bed.

Sadly I don't really feel any better because I know it won't ever happen if it hasn't by now.  

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
Kahlef

Loremaster

Those are some pretty cool stoves, Kattara. SMILEY

And Zeedlana, my guess for the reason there aren't matching furniture and couches is that those are items are among the oldest ones. How that makes any sense? Well, for a long the only couch  we ever had were those green ones whose name I can never remember. Other items on the lower tiers never seemed to match much either.

Things started to get better as time went by though to the point where we stand today where there are some actual sets of furniture plus lots more options on how to get said items.

There is also always a slim chance of them adding some furniture recipes to those lower levels too. For instance, some of those blue stools for tier... 2 if I recall correctly were sneaked in the recipe book at some point. There were also also a couple more recipes that were sneaked in the lower tiers too a long time ago, like a clean version of that bedroll.

So the possibility is always there. Just don't hold your breath over it. There are so many requests for new furniture that I think the art team some times have trouble deciding what to make next.

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
Zeedlana

Augur

I know. I just had to pitch a fit there for a brief moment because it's frustrating trying to figure out something to match certain woods and all that.

Think I'll just have to supress my matching furniture impulse for the one suite. Cause it just isn't going to happen no matter how much I want it to. Hopefully the couch I settled on won't look too out of place with everything else.

Antonia Bayle -

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak