EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Mystic
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Striikor
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Purgatory

Loremaster

I do OK in raids but I really suck in BG. Can't determine if it is me or Mystic's just generally suck in there.

I have all my wards and heals mastered. 75% Casting speed,~19% recast, 3 pieces of Challenger and the rest Beatific. 1400 Wisdom, 80%Crit, 55% pot, ~300 toughness and ~4700 mit 15,576 health and 13,000 power. All my jewelery is fabled but one and I use the Great Hammer of the Obliterator.  209 AA concentrated to buff wards and heals. End lines on shaman and TSO.k

If I don't get a tank who taunts religiously, I cannot get my wards cast with the interrupts, stuns and stifles going on. Heals won't keep me up. I can't even seem to keep the relic from killing me eventually. Power always becomes an issue also. Pet seems to be pretty useless sooo...

In a lot of cases it seems that DPS can blow through my wards with one or two hits. Once I had an assassin take me down in 3 or 4 seconds even though I had Oberon, Ancestral Ward and Umbral ward all up (all are T9 mastered). So some advice please, hopefully something better than you suck ... I already know that :}

It feels like the best I can do in BG is provide a target without a good taunting tank.

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Striikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Striikor
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Purgatory

Loremaster

Guess Mystic should not BG eh?

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Striikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Rixx_EOL

Loremaster

FYI - I BG with a Monk and a Conjy.  An assassin will kill anyone is seconds unless everyone in the group is doing their job,  including the tank taunting.  Rangers & Assassins I hate them!  SMILEY

Rixx_EOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Magnis
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

idk, seen some monster mystics in 90 BGs.  They are capable of performing of being a brick wall even solo.  But thats my experience.

Its like most classes, 80% gear and AAs.

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
Gahnand
Server: Unrest
Guild: Equilibrium

Loremaster

he's talking about me when i'm not stalking rangers