EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Wurm

Loremaster

Over the last month both written chat and voice chat has been broken on numerous occasions.

Right now on Crushbone both are once again defective.

A week ago we had to panic install vent to be able to communicate during raid.

Its not funny anymore SOE, the more you leave issues like this open, the more people are getting frustrated and moving on.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Elinea

Loremaster

It's more that just chat too. Can't mend my gear, sell my trash, use the broker or banker, or open mail. 

Old 05-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Juravael

Loremaster

Same thing was/is happening on AB. We could not use the banker, broker, mail and most of the chat channels were not working. One guildy is not even able to loot her corpses, she keeps getting the message that she is too busy to loot.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
shots01

Lord

Interesting.

On Freeport the only issue I have had over the past month is one day or ttwo in a row my husband and I were unable to log into group chat.  Everything else, mail, broker, banker, etc. were fine.

shots01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

I'm not having issues at all /shrug

but what's making this game hard to play, is the barren population spread across the servers

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
rosie01

Loremaster

Freeport is busy just a bunch of so and sos..

rosie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
rosie01

Loremaster

If only I could remember the name of my original account.

You would see that Shots01 has been a member of this community since 2006 and I have been playing that long.  Not since 2010 as her avatar states.

rosie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
d1anaw

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Over the last month both written chat and voice chat has been broken on numerous occasions.

Its not funny anymore SOE, the more you leave issues like this open, the more people are getting frustrated and moving on.

Gosh, I cannot imagine how tough it would be to play without all the juvenile BS that goes in in chat.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

this remind me of AC2.

is eq2 following thier steps and then unplug?

just my theory, chats are breaking up and we had recent maintaince for servers that should be running smoothly, but now i am just guessing, someone might be running with 3rd party program that not detected by SOE and do whatever it may harm or created game disruptions?

/checking his tin foil if it was tin or aluminum, and if it not tin foil, then all hell break loose. (LOL)

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
DamselInDistress

Champion

rosie01 wrote:

If only I could remember the name of my original account.

You would see that Shots01 has been a member of this community since 2006 and I have been playing that long.  Not since 2010 as her avatar states.

I find that very hard to believe, you're talking about someone who managed to play 5 hours on a double xp day and did not even manage to lvl from 79 to 80 and she's not even close aparently. This is a pretty unique situation in the world of eq2 and no one can be this bad. well, except her.

DamselInDistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #11
Halo of G4

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Look on stationcash window, new exclusive features such as a workable chat window, vc,  everything just for $45. Great deal isn't it?

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #12
Wurm

Loremaster

d1anaw wrote:

Wurm wrote:

Gosh, I cannot imagine how tough it would be to play without all the juvenile BS that goes in in chat.

If your GUILD chat and GROUP chat is full of "juvenile BS" then maybe its you.

It was all chat channels. And voice chat makes life alot easier during raid... shame it was broken as well.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
noluuk

Loremaster

I've played for close to three years and never once used voice chat for anything aand enjoy my game experience quite a bit. I played EQ1 for 7 years and didn't have voice chat there either and did quite well without it. You folks put too much stock in technology. Granted SOE has dropped the ball on much of late but the voice chat being broken isn't a game breaker.

noluuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
d1anaw

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

Wurm wrote:

If your GUILD chat and GROUP chat is full of "juvenile BS" then maybe its you.

It was all chat channels. And voice chat makes life alot easier during raid... shame it was broken as well.

Nice try, but my guild and group chat works just fine.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
Onorem

Loremaster

noluuk wrote:

I've played for close to three years and never once used voice chat for anything aand enjoy my game experience quite a bit. I played EQ1 for 7 years and didn't have voice chat there either and did quite well without it. You folks put too much stock in technology. Granted SOE has dropped the ball on much of late but the voice chat being broken isn't a game breaker.

Do you raid?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
thorn

Loremaster

One word for you.. VENTRILO.  If its that important to you for gameplay, pay for the service. In fact there are other chat programs that are even free.

thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
Gravy

Lord

I expected to see a red name posting in the thread to at least acknowledge the issue. Alas, I guess they're all making faces in front of their webcam and laughing at their character.

Oh well, who needs chat anyway when most communication is non-verbal.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote