EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #61
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

I suppose that, as I loathe adventuring, I'm not supposed to be able to post in this thread... *rolls eyes* (but yes, I do have one 92/92 on Test, 2 91 adv/92 TS on Test, 6 90/92 on live...)

I was glad to see the banner added as it's a pain to go to the end of Withered Lands, especially as I like to harvest in that area. I was dismayed to find out that zoning into Skyshrine hub was restricted to level 90+ adventurers. I find it a bit ridiculous. I see why adventurers are ported to Skyshrine, it makes sense and they're the one using the banner the most. But using the banner to Skyshrine is a perfect shortcut to go to WL, especially in those times of "waiting for zone server... waiting to zone server... waiting to... crash to char select... waiting for zone server". It's long and painfull to reach WL through the griffons and multiple zonings.

We have long and costly statues recipes from the assistant, why not add a "port to WL" effect on them? Or open Skyshrine to 90 TS. It would be a time saver.

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #62
Tigress

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,739
Default

some of you guys are getting really mean and nasty.  relax, we aren't talking about starting a world war here. 

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Are you like really believing people play like one or two characters or something? Get over it, people have multiple, I mean multiples in the teens, some even tweens, of Alts .... of CRAFTING alts.

Emerald Halls, they didn't, it was a failure and brought in the Age of Domino, ya know THAT whole thing, lighten up on the Dimsauce with your cheese please.

RoK, they had a Sokokar Timeline duuuuuh.  Their epic even had them runnin around out there gasp.

SF -- crafters had a use item to take them to the pandas TOO! oh mah gawdzor the gimpidity o'erwhems meh! AND they got a nifty Escape use item as a signature reward.

ALL without adventuring gasp.

Half my crafters were level 12 when they did all that.  I've got 22 crafters all factioned, unicorned epic'd, shawled etc. I've 3 92 adventurers, two who raided til I quit that scene during DoV.  Get over yourself.

edit's: gawd i cannot spell

Yes, and in every single case, adventurer+crafter combinations had the easiest time to acheive it all. Pure crafters could still do it, but the combo had it best. This is still the case. Pure crafters can get to skyshrine, but those who combo adventure+crafting can do it easier. To quote you "oh mah gawdzor the gimpidity o'erwhems meh!", thank you for prividing such a brilliant quote amongst the rest of your dribble.You have 22 crafters, all factioned, unicorned, shawled etc, and you're telling me to get over myself, because you are too lazy to click two griffons, followed by 1 horse, to safely get to skyshrine? Comical. Having "in the tweens" number of alts is rediculous. Expecting all of them to be spoon fed is even more so. I was amused how you referred to an era of the game where crafting was actually relevant, as the dark ages.  You have 3 * 92 adventurers? Grats. Plant a flag, and quit complaining.It is amazing how lazy some crafters have become. We used to have to invest effort into crafting, back when crafting was actually relevant, an era when being a max level crafter meant something. Times long gone.

your assumptions are rather offensive.  it's not "lazy"; rather, its time-consuming.  remember how, not that long ago, you used to have to take no less than 15 minutes to reach your destination?  that's what we are talking about here.  (timesink.)

furthermore, since when do all guilds have a flag?!?

p.s.  cloudrat, why is this in General Gameplay and not Tradeskill?

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #63
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

on the PS:

mmmh, perhaps because the threads in Tradeskills seems to be ignored, or because it's affecting gameplay or because it's more a "zone" issue (Skyshrine being 90 adv only) or because it's an item issue (the flag porting being an actual item) or because all or some of the above. It doesn't really belong anywhere.

All guilds don't have a rally flag. All guilds don't even have a guild hall. All crafting chars in the game are not guilded. But several houses on leaderboards have the banner and so you can use the banner from another house, or buy the banner for your own house from an adventurer.

EDIT: edited to change some "flags" into "banners" as I definatedly used the wrong word in my sentance!

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #64
Eridu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Medieval Syndicate
Rank: Warlord

Loremaster
Eridu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 229
Default

There is an aweful lot of myopia in this thread.

1) My monk bought two SS Flags from the Claws faction merchant. One went into the Medieval Syndicate guild hall.  The other went into my Alt guild hall.

2) My alts should be able to use that openly placed housing item. Period.  This is somehow a Norrath Shattering expectation? Really? Really?  90 adventurers who haven't gotten faction any Claws faction are able to buy from the broker and use this item, that right there ripostes the general thrust of the objections to GENERAL and OPEN use of this item.

3) This isn't merely a game, it's a pasttime.  Stop acting like just because you only like to make farm animals when you practice origami that those of us who ALSO like to make birds or historical sea craft when we do origami are somehow undeserving of paper.  "Some animals are more equal than others."  pfft. /rolls eyes.  Without the analogy, just because YOU limit your gameplay and don't have lower level alts you like to tool around on doesn't mean the rest of us are as LIMITED, nor should the game limit it us for no good reason.  Some of ya are Pots calling the China Bowl black, not even in the same cupboard. and it's annoying SMILEY

Eridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #65
bks6721

Loremaster
bks6721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,593
Default

sounds like the SS flag works just like the carpet for Poets Palace.  It has a adv level requirement too.

still trying to figure out why a "pure crafter" wants to go to a zone that has no crafting content

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #66
Rijacki

Tester
Rijacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,842
Default

[email protected] wrote:

sounds like the SS flag works just like the carpet for Poets Palace.  It has a adv level requirement too.

still trying to figure out why a "pure crafter" wants to go to a zone that has no crafting content

It's not to go to Skyshrine but as an easy access to Wakening Lands most like for harvesting (that's the reason I use it on my alchemist who happens to be a 90+ wizard).

__________________
Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #67
Tigress

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,739
Default

[email protected] wrote:

All guilds don't have a rally flag. All guilds don't even have a guild hall. All crafting chars in the game are not guilded. But several houses on leaderboards have the flag and so you can use the flag from another house, or buy the flag for your own house from an adventurer.

you cannot plant another guild's rally flag anywhere.  if you have been given friend access (or flag is set to visitor) then, you can use their flag wherever they planted it.  since it is not your guild, you cannot check to see where it is planted before you use it.

the SS banner is the topic of this discussion which cannot be used unless you are 90+ adventurer.  tradeskillers 90+ cannot use the banner.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #68
bks6721

Loremaster
bks6721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,593
Default

Rijacki wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

sounds like the SS flag works just like the carpet for Poets Palace.  It has a adv level requirement too.

still trying to figure out why a "pure crafter" wants to go to a zone that has no crafting content

It's not to go to Skyshrine but as an easy access to Wakening Lands most like for harvesting (that's the reason I use it on my alchemist who happens to be a 90+ wizard).

ok.. whatever, seems like the same number of zoning to me..

if I'm in my GH and want to go to WL to harvest I have to zone to Great Divide then to WL

if I can use a flag to SS then I still have to zone to WL from there. 

When I want easy access I send my wife to WL and have her CoV me?  SMILEY

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #69
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Tylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 757
Default

In my opinion, I see no reason for those who are not 90+ adventurer to be excluded from using the banner.  A level 90+ tradeskiller should also be able to use it, regardless of their adventure level.  As many have stated, they don't want to use the banner to do anything in SS, it's simply for convenience sake.  It gives quick access to WL without having to zone to Great Divide, and take the griffon rides.  It won't affect any adventurers in SS in any way, so why the fuss?

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #70
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

Tigress wrote:

you cannot plant another guild's rally flag anywhere.  if you have been given friend access (or flag is set to visitor) then, you can use their flag wherever they planted it.  since it is not your guild, you cannot check to see where it is planted before you use it.

Oops, definatedly used the wrong term in my sentance. I meaned the "banner" instead of "flag" in the second part of course. I went back up and edited, thanks for pointing it out.

__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #71
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Champion

Loremaster
Avirodar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,035
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

3) This isn't merely a game, it's a pasttime.  Stop acting like just because you only like to make farm animals when you practice origami that those of us who ALSO like to make birds or historical sea craft when we do origami are somehow undeserving of paper.  "Some animals are more equal than others."  pfft. /rolls eyes.  Without the analogy, just because YOU limit your gameplay and don't have lower level alts you like to tool around on doesn't mean the rest of us are as LIMITED, nor should the game limit it us for no good reason.  Some of ya are Pots calling the China Bowl black, not even in the same cupboard. and it's annoying

I believe you got the analogy the wrong way around. My take on it is as follows:What is being termed as "Pure-crafters", are people who only like to make farm animals when practicing oragami.People who craft + adventure + group + raid are those who like to make farm animals + birds + historical sea craft when practicing origami.The only people limiting themselves, are those who CHOOSE to only progress a characters crafting level, instead of the diversity in levelling both adventuring and crafting.

__________________
Templar of Oasis
Avirodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #72
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Vinyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 690
Default

You want to talk about equity?

How about adventure content being broken, being ignored, and when feedback is given on the stuff, it's not even acknowledged.

And when a crafting issue arises, it's usually hotfixed.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #73
Rijacki

Tester
Rijacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,842
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You want to talk about equity?

How about adventure content being broken, being ignored, and when feedback is given on the stuff, it's not even acknowledged.

And when a crafting issue arises, it's usually hotfixed.

Oh really, so when did the hot fix the issue with Mastercrafted itemisation that got messed up in the last itemisation?

There are broken crafting writs that haven't been hotfixed.

__________________
Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #74
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Vinyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 690
Default

Rijacki wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You want to talk about equity?

How about adventure content being broken, being ignored, and when feedback is given on the stuff, it's not even acknowledged.

And when a crafting issue arises, it's usually hotfixed.

Oh really, so when did the hot fix the issue with Mastercrafted itemisation that got messed up in the last itemisation?

There are broken crafting writs that haven't been hotfixed.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=506761

An 11 page thread, with mathematical feedback. Silence on it. Do you know why the last post was on 4/1/12? Because people just gave up and realized it wasn't going to change, and they weren't going to hear anything. And we are the fools for hoping.

And that Poet's Palace dungeon maker feedback thread got a reply, and a message of saying it's ready to be fixed, in less than 2 days.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #75
Fyranaer
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Suns Soldiers
Rank: Senior Officer

Loremaster
Fyranaer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 167
Default

[email protected] wrote:

sounds like the SS flag works just like the carpet for Poets Palace.  It has a adv level requirement too.

still trying to figure out why a "pure crafter" wants to go to a zone that has no crafting content

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

__________________
Fyranaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #76
Rendoir

Loremaster
Rendoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 212
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #77
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Tylia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 757
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

Wow, I think someone poured some vinegar in to your cherrios.

I think it's great that you are apparently so passionate about what you want and don't want in the game.  There are others who are just as passionate, though their "wants and don't wants" may differ from yours.  That doesn't mean they are any less entitled to posting their ideas on the forum, and they aren't asking to hijack anything.  They simply wish to be able to use the item.  SMILEY

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #78
IvyBlackrose

Lord
IvyBlackrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 176
Default

as a player with 6 lvl 90 crafters I can honestly say that this issue doesnt bother me at all, I LIKE things just the way they are and see absolutely no reason to change them........oh wait I forgot my crafters are all lvl 90 adventurers as well SMILEY

__________________
IvyBlackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #79
Rijacki

Tester
Rijacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,842
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Rijacki wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

You want to talk about equity?

How about adventure content being broken, being ignored, and when feedback is given on the stuff, it's not even acknowledged.

And when a crafting issue arises, it's usually hotfixed.

Oh really, so when did the hot fix the issue with Mastercrafted itemisation that got messed up in the last itemisation?

There are broken crafting writs that haven't been hotfixed.

And that Poet's Palace dungeon maker feedback thread got a reply, and a message of saying it's ready to be fixed, in less than 2 days.

Dungeon maker is not crafting content. Yes, there are crafters who make dungeons, but it's not crafting content. Nor are house items (unless it is carpenter made) or appearance gear (unless it's outfitter/woodworker/artisan made). Even holiday events aren't crafter content, except for the -small- portion of them which are.

Yes, all itemisation is borked. I am well aware of that. But if crafting was so vuanted as you claim, then the crafted gear would have received its fixes but it remains more borked than the drop stuff.

Another missing hot fix. The raid apprentice quest is supposed to be repeatable (so you can give the completed apprentice caller to a non-raider crafter) and is even listed as such in the journal. However, you can't repeat it. When has that been hot fixed?

I can't recall all the other things which haven't been hot fixed and are still broken in crafting. I don't need to give you a laundry list. Your allegation is that there is so much attention given to crafting but you really couldn't be further from the truth. No matter how much the promo of GU63 was trying to puff up how much was being given to crafting in the GU, it was exceedingly paultry with some things broken (even things that were working on Test before it launched) that have yet to even get a response let alone a hot fix.

So stop with the playstyle bashing. It's childish.

__________________
Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #80
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

Just for clarification... < 90 level toons CAN zone into Skyshrine from Withered Lands.. any time they want to. They just can't use the FLAG to zone into Skyshrine. The Flag being restricted isn't preventing anybody from doing all of the horrible things you think sub 90 level toons would do to the zone.

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #81
d1anaw

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,139
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

So anyone who doesn't play the way you believe it should be played are "pointless" and shouldn't have the right to be where you are.  Gotcha. No arrogance there.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #82
d1anaw

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,139
Default

d1anaw wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

So anyone who doesn't play the way you believe it should be played are "pointless" and shouldn't have the right to be where you are.  Gotcha. No arrogance there.

Oh and one more thing. I don't really give a furry rat's behind what YOU want. I pay MY money to play the way I want to and if you don't like it, too freaking bad. When you start paying my subscription rate, then you might have a right to have some say. I don't want you or your arrogance telling me what I can play, how I can play and where I can play.

d1anaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #83
Trynt

Loremaster
Trynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 284
Default

d1anaw wrote:

d1anaw wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would care if a "pure" crafter, or a high level crafter with an adventuring level that doesn't meet the req, used the banner to zone.   This isn't some huge achievement to be able to use the banner.  The banner bus doesn't get crowded and keep "pure" adventurers from entering the zone.  Why wouldn't people want to see other community members enjoy the convenience as well.  Has our community become so unfriendly and abrasive over such a triviality?

I'll tell you why. Firstly because the zone is already really laggy and I don;t want more pointless people zoning up there and going afk. 

Secondly I don't want a bunch of sub level 90s having any reason to be up there for any reason to help clog the zone, I don't want them trading there, or to see them in that level 90+ adventuring zone full stop.

Thirdly I don't want to see a level 85 'crafter' being towed behind a bot group farming faction. 

Fourthly - I don't EVER want to see crafters that can't be bothered to level adventuring claiming they are 'pure crafters' (when no such thing exists) posting on the forums trying to hijack an adventuring item. 

Had this post been - 

Please add a faction grind to WL to enable low level crafters to save 70 seconds and port directly there that onl involves crafting.

then I'd have happily supported it.

So anyone who doesn't play the way you believe it should be played are "pointless" and shouldn't have the right to be where you are.  Gotcha. No arrogance there.

Oh and one more thing. I don't really give a furry rat's behind what YOU want. I pay MY money to play the way I want to and if you don't like it, too freaking bad. When you start paying my subscription rate, then you might have a right to have some say. I don't want you or your arrogance telling me what I can play, how I can play and where I can play.

Play however you want.  No one cares.  Enjoy the horse rides.

I agree with the red as well.  It's sad to see that the community's lost so much faith in game development that their pessimism forces requests for band-aids instead of legitimate additions. 

This would never be a 6 page thread if the plea was for a crafting quest(line) that resulted in an insta-port to the crafting areas (usable only by crafters of the appropriate level for parity).  I suspect it's an even better solution for non-adventurers.

Trynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.