EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Cusashorn

Loremaster

My friend decided to make an Arasai necromancer, and asked me to join her. I've never played a healer class, and have no intention to ever try. What would you suggest would make a good duo partner for a necro?

Cusashorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
Controlor

Loremaster

Another mage class. Or Crusader. Those prob would be best choices. Crusader could tank and heal themselves while the necro spot heals and the necro could use scout or mage pet. OR go with any mage class. Enchanters have their own pets (charm or illusion) can chain stun and work well. Conj could go another pet one uses tank one uses dps and both nuke. Could go sorc and necro has tank pet sorc does heavy nukage. Any of those combos would work for you to be if your not being a healer.
Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Nuhus

Loremaster

SK was GREAT to duo with necro, me and a friend duo'd the managerie including the final named. Worked well, I could do the DPS and throw heals on him too (the SK).

Nuhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Yngwiem

Loremaster

My wife made a Necro, and I decided to go with a Defiler. Very good choice. Her pet Tanks, and I throw a wards on it. I can also de-buff the mob as well, and throw in some DoT's and nukes. So far the fights haven't lasted long enough for me to throw all the debuffs on the mob.

We are also trying a Warlock and Inquisitor due, but it's not very impressive. We also have 1 more duo... 2 Wizards. Mobs don't last too long, but we sure can't take too many hits.

These are all Arasai's. I would go Defiler.

Yngwiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
tass

Loremaster

a battlemage er I mean a fury. Heals, nukes, ... ... and leather armor ftw.
tass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Controlor

Loremaster

tass wrote:
*Yngwiem* This is a response to both yours. The OP said they dont ever wanna play a healer class so all healers are pretty much off limits. Its between mages fighters and scouts.
Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #7
Kamimura

Loremaster

A necro with another necro can be fun, and powerful.. downside to that is competing with eachother for upgrades you find. If you're not looking to stay the same alignment, a conjuror makes a good duo with a necro as well. My coercer does pretty good with my fiance's necro. As does wizard or warlock. Paladin and necro does really well, again if you don't mind being another alignment.

Kamimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:06 AM   #8
Yngwiem

Loremaster

Controlor wrote:
tass wrote:

*Yngwiem* This is a response to both yours. The OP said they dont ever wanna play a healer class so all healers are pretty much off limits. Its between mages fighters and scouts.

Controlor 05/27/2007 14:12:07     Subject: Re:What's a good duo combo with a Necromancer?

Another mage class. Or Crusader. Those prob would be best choices. Crusader could tank and heal themselves while the necro spot heals and the necro could use scout or mage pet. OR go with any mage class. Enchanters have their own pets (charm or illusion) can chain stun and work well. Conj could go another pet one uses tank one uses dps and both nuke. Could go sorc and necro has tank pet sorc does heavy nukage. Any of those combos would work for you to be if your not being a healer.

Crusaders heal... so that would eliminate that wouldn't it?

Along the same lines,  wife duo'd a Conjurer & a Bruiser. I'm 59 & she's 68 (she solo's while I am at work).

Yngwiem is offline   Reply With Quote