EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #61
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

Tell us how you really feel!

Are you the kind of player who stops all pvp when you got all your gear?

So what if someone else chooses to gear up lame-lowbie or masochist-90?  End result, they have the gear in the 90s and should be out and about using it in open-pvp.

Or are you merely upset that you won't have a guaranteed decisive gear advantage to auto-win, and will need to use effort to kill another player?

You shouldnt be rewarded with t9 pvp armor when you do t3 pvp. Or are you telling me you can get all that nice t9 raid armor at t3 too? This change makes no sense.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #62
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

Ajjantis wrote:

You shouldnt be rewarded with t9 pvp armor when you do t3 pvp. Or are you telling me you can get all that nice t9 raid armor at t3 too? This change makes no sense.

Yup, a lowbie can already farm enough plat to buy loot rights to t9 raid gear.  Lowbie can buy, T9 alt can pick up... silly, but true. 

In the end, what is the difference between a Token farmer locked in 30s, and those OP classes that farmed uncontested Tokens for 2 months because of the bugged spell resists?  Both methods are lame easymode, just at different tiers.

If the uncontested T9 bugged resists Tokens are wrong, perhaps SOE should invalidate all pvp Tokens and purchased rewards, and start everyone fresh with a reset to zero in GU56.  Not viable?

Or would it be more fun to simply open it all up to allow all players to choose which way they want to benefit in pvp, instead of merely a select few OP classes?

Will be interesting to see how it works out.

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #63
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

Ajjantis wrote:

You shouldnt be rewarded with t9 pvp armor when you do t3 pvp. Or are you telling me you can get all that nice t9 raid armor at t3 too? This change makes no sense.

Yup, a lowbie can already farm enough plat to buy loot rights to t9 raid gear.  Lowbie can buy, T9 alt can pick up... silly, but true. 

In the end, what is the difference between a Token farmer locked in 30s, and those OP classes that farmed uncontested Tokens for 2 months because of the bugged spell resists?  Both methods are lame easymode, just at different tiers.

If the uncontested T9 bugged resists Tokens are wrong, perhaps SOE should invalidate all pvp Tokens and purchased rewards, and start everyone fresh with a reset to zero in GU56.  Not viable?

Or would it be more fun to simply open it all up to allow all players to choose which way they want to benefit in pvp, instead of merely a select few OP classes?

Will be interesting to see how it works out.

You are right....                    ...what you said is just silly.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #64
Dariell
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Hobbygaertner
Rank: Generalstabsgaertner

Loremaster
Dariell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6
Default

Olihin wrote:

...
  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30.
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands...
  • Much more!
....

 

 

This will be one of the best (PVP) updates since ages, thank you very much!But when you doing all those great changes, can you please also change the fame system? no one here is happy with the current system.I know people saying "Fame means nothing" that's probably  true but it is a nice gimmick on the PVP-Server and should roughly work as intended.Change it to fame decay while ONLINE or simply bring back the old system. But fame decay while OFFLINE (or fame decay because you have to go to work or meeting rl friend) is simply stupid.This little change would make the Update perfect!

Dariell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #65
raydenwins

Loremaster
raydenwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 186
Default

Like the idea of token gathering at all tiers. Finally I can have all my alts contributing to one or more purpose, rather than starting over ten times and getting no where.
raydenwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #66
baldwinboy3

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 271
Default

I love the changes and will stay with eq2. i will reup my sub and probaly a second sub or two soon as gu56 hits live. thank goodness someone is final doing something we really want at soe. btw just got off phone with my brother in real life and his gf. they both are reuping their subs soon as gu56 lands. Get the word out about all the new kool stuff and i think you will see some returning players from the past.

baldwinboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #67
raydenwins

Loremaster
raydenwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 186
Default

I also spoke to two friends that will re-activate their accounts if pvp lock rules return.
raydenwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #68
Portbott
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Recruits

Loremaster
Portbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 150
Default

Anyone locking in T7 want to buy a Rigid Scale Bow or the 10% double attack proc bracelet from TNT? Hit me up

Portbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #69
skidmark

Loremaster
skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 486
Default

When will these changes be on Test?

skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #70
Thinwizzy
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Mayor of Majdul
Rank: the rapture is coming no rapture for u

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 304
Default

Soon!

Thinwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #71
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

timetravelling wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Does this mean we'll be able to use all 250 AA on a low level twink,since we can't use more than 100 AA until after 70?

It does not, but it'll allow your AA expenditures on a PvP server to match those of a PvE server instead of the current restrictions.

So what exactly is the AA expenditure allowance on a PVE server?  Never been on one...

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #72
Dojac
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew
Rank: Boss

Loremaster
Dojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 167
Default

[email protected] wrote:

timetravelling wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Does this mean we'll be able to use all 250 AA on a low level twink,since we can't use more than 100 AA until after 70?

It does not, but it'll allow your AA expenditures on a PvP server to match those of a PvE server instead of the current restrictions.

So what exactly is the AA expenditure allowance on a PVE server?  Never been on one...

Until lvl 70 pve servers can spend up to 100 AA.

Dojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #73
Shangu

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 119
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

Shangu wrote:

amazing!!!

I am, thanks for admiring!

It was nice to see the twink boogeryman-people dwindle for so long after what they did to the newbies in the teens.

The proposed lvl restriction with cheapness of lower gear might go a long way towards avoiding the previous issues that caused new players to leave the server/game in disgust.

We probably don't want to forget the earlier lessons of eq2 ruleset history and repeat those mistakes again, if our population really is so fragile and on the verge of "total collapse" and "gasping for air"?

as far as i am concerned there has never been an issue with "twinks".  the issue has always been people either too lazy or stupid to compete.

i for one have never been a "twink".  never found the need to be a "twink".  master crafted and adept III were always good enough to pvp and quest.  people who could not even achieve that were either too lazy or too stipid.

so with this change SOE is making it dummy proof.  people who were too stupid and lazy to compete can now get gear easily.  not sure why there is even an issue with this change.

Shangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #74
baldwinboy3

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 271
Default

I have a few questions about the Discussion that Olihin wrote: My questions are in RED

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30. Will you be able to lock at lvl 30, 31,32, 33,34,35 etc.... or lvl 30,35,40,45,50 etc..?
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution. Exactly what does this mean? Are we able to use more AA then 1.5 x our LVL? Or does it mean you can put as many AA points in tree like being below lvl 70 you can only put 50 in the shaman tree(meaning will that restirction be removed)? Just clairfy on this a little more.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands... Details on this would be nice. Will it be FFA or still be LVL restricing? Will warfields be going in Ant and CL at same time or just one? Will there be rewards for holding it? say the faction that has it has a small but better chance to harvest a rare during this time or for a master chest to drop? Or is the reward just pwning the other faction and global announcement that Evil faction is owning Ant warfield?
  • Much more! I want to know the much much more part as well. Any plans on Bounty Hunter type pvp writ?
  • Also What is time frame for this update to go live?

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

I will do test copy and put players on test server thank you for your time. I love this update!!!!!!!

baldwinboy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #75
Olihin

Developer
Olihin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 429
Default

baldwinboy3 wrote:

I have a few questions about the Discussion that Olihin wrote: My questions are in RED

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30. Will you be able to lock at lvl 30, 31,32, 33,34,35 etc.... or lvl 30,35,40,45,50 etc..?
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution. Exactly what does this mean? Are we able to use more AA then 1.5 x our LVL? Or does it mean you can put as many AA points in tree like being below lvl 70 you can only put 50 in the shaman tree(meaning will that restirction be removed)? Just clairfy on this a little more.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands... Details on this would be nice. Will it be FFA or still be LVL restricing? Will warfields be going in Ant and CL at same time or just one? Will there be rewards for holding it? say the faction that has it has a small but better chance to harvest a rare during this time or for a master chest to drop? Or is the reward just pwning the other faction and global announcement that Evil faction is owning Ant warfield?
  • Much more! I want to know the much much more part as well. Any plans on Bounty Hunter type pvp writ?
  • Also What is time frame for this update to go live?

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

I will do test copy and put players on test server thank you for your time. I love this update!!!!!!!

1. You can lock at any level once you reach level 30.

2. This means that you don't have the 1.5 x Level restriction, but you still have the 50 points per tab till 70 and AA spent restrictions.  So you can have 50 on your archetype, 50 on your class and up to 60 on your Shadow trees at low levels.  

3 and 4. I added a description for our Warfields along with the "More" changes labled [PVP] on the release notes going to Test.  Coming soon!

Have a great day!

Olihin

edit: Correction to the number of AA in the Shadow Tree prior 70.

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #76
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

http://www.filefront.com/16212225/Movie_0001.wmv

You should look into conjurors while your at it Ohlihin. That video shows how much of a chance we stand now when a melee class gets ontop of us(and dont tell me to kite..tried that as you can see in the video..kiting is impossible now.)

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #77
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

That video shows nothing...

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #78
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

That video shows nothing...

Do you mean it's blank,or that it doesn't prove anything? if you mean the latter..it proves everything. That kiting is impossible,and scouts can kill conjurors in about 5 seconds.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #79
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

Are you really trying to kite on a mount? I mean if it was the PvP disk I could understand, but just a horse...Really?

__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #80
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

That video proves nothing...

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #81
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Are you really trying to kite on a mount? I mean if it was the PvP disk I could understand, but just a horse...Really?

What else am I supposed to kite on? I don't have the mount for incombat runspeed.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #82
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

That video proves nothing...

That video proves that conjurors go down like 2 dollar hookers when melee get ontop of us,and that it's extremely easy for melee to do so.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #83
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Are you really trying to kite on a mount? I mean if it was the PvP disk I could understand, but just a horse...Really?

What else am I supposed to kite on? I don't have the mount for incombat runspeed.

Foot, It's far easier to manuever on foot than on a mount

__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #84
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Are you really trying to kite on a mount? I mean if it was the PvP disk I could understand, but just a horse...Really?

What else am I supposed to kite on? I don't have the mount for incombat runspeed.

Foot, It's far easier to manuever on foot than on a mount

Not really..I don't have auto face on,and I can turn around and run just as quickly on a mount as I can on foot.

For scouts that have to do positionals,sure..but if I'm just trying to run from someone,it doesn't make any difference at all.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #85
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

http://www.filefront.com/16223877/Lulz_0002.wmv

Your video proves as much as mine. Crapy quality, did not have time to get any good programs for it.

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #86
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

http://www.filefront.com/16223877/Lulz_0002.wmv

Your video proves as much as mine. Crapy quality, did not have time to get any good programs for it.

Grats? You managed to kill an apparently terriblre brigand. Your snare didn't get resisted amazingly. I got resisted or he was immune to my CC everytime. Smart scouts will have no problem getting around your CC.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #87
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

Buhu? Want me to make a whole video of kiting ppl?

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #88
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Stuckx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 754
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

Buhu? Want me to make a whole video of kiting ppl?

Please do. Go up against some scouts that actually know how to turn their auto attack on. You ran right past him,in auto attack range,and he didn't even hit you. He didn't even use his ranged ability with the knockback on it until the end. Go fight Blyndside,or someone who actually knows how to play a scout..see how long you last.

__________________
Making all your dreams come true,the crushing them in a fiery explosion!

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #89
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

http://www.filefront.com/16224549/Lulz3.wmv/

Next one....

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #90
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

http://www.filefront.com/16224549/Lulz3.wmv/

Next one....

Hey Tricky, THIS is how a summoner is played. This guy can teach ya alot.

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.