EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 AM   #31
Faeward
Server: Nagafen
Guild: T R I B U N A L
Rank: Alts

Loremaster
Faeward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 158
Default

Just wanted to say that I think these changes sound awesome! Especially the removal of level restrictions for AA point distribution, and the unified discord token.

I will copy my main over to Test again and check it out this weekend.

Faeward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #32
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster
Guld_Ulrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 607
Default

Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token. Means?

And are you adding 1vs1 up to 6vs6 regular pvp figth soon?

__________________
(Koppar PvP video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VCJxS5p3s
Guld_Ulrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #33
Toxicz
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Laser Beam Attack Walrus
Rank: Joffrey Baratheon

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 158
Default

All they need to do now is give exile all the stuff cities have and bring back fame, and this will be a perfect update. Even if they don't give exiles anything... it'll still be an ok update.

Toxicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
Valind

General
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 120
Default

[email protected] wrote:

... employees at SOE placated laissez-faire policy, contributing to weak-minded individuals such as myself losing confidence in the...

'Nuff said.Also, calling it laissez-faire implies that they intervene as little as possible. Their actions against your account would seem to suggest otherwise. As someone above said, GET OWNED MORE SELIRI. Best part is, you did it all yourself.

Guess this is what happens when you just rattle off cliches and big words eh?

Valind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #35
asaron

Loremaster
asaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 170
Default

red names since you have admitted betagrounds  the zoneing into and out of them is causeing the zoneing issues and broker lagg or atleast a big part of it  how will the addition of  betagrounds for every tier gonna impact  the server  or wait have you even thought about it and yes no puncuation or proper  grammar cause quite frankly soe is not worth it

__________________
Against the removal of content!!!!!!!!!!!
asaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #36
bRz

Loremaster
bRz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 117
Default

asaron wrote:

red names since you have admitted betagrounds  the zoneing into and out of them is causeing the zoneing issues and broker lagg or atleast a big part of it  how will the addition of  betagrounds for every tier gonna impact  the server  or wait have you even thought about it and yes no puncuation or proper  grammar cause quite frankly soe is not worth it

I am sure SoE is working overtime to craft an eloquent and thoughtful reply to match the grace and poise of your post.

bRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #37
asaron

Loremaster
asaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 170
Default

Sorry for my rudeness just gettin fed up with server  problems.

__________________
Against the removal of content!!!!!!!!!!!
asaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #38
Brimestar

Loremaster
Brimestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL (USA)
Posts: 883
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Will the real Seliri be undeleted and restored to celebrate the most renowned level locker relishing in the glory of his native land?

You going to cheat some more? It does amaze me that no one ever taught you to never pass up the opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

__________________

Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com.



Brimestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #39
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token. Means?

And are you adding 1vs1 up to 6vs6 regular pvp figth soon?

Yes, can we take the Anti-Seliri banter elsewhere, and Seliri can you take your orange walls of garbage text complaining about your toon deletion elsewhere too?

I would please like to know what this means for open world PVP tokens we already have for all levels...

For instance I have 150 lvl 10 tokens, does this mean these will be converted to be able to be used for lvl 90 gear? and vice versa?

Some clarification would be great please... especially with the up and coming lvl locking (thank you jesus!) for people that have PVP'd on lowbie toons and collected a massive amount of low level tokens... If you make them "Discord" tokens accross the board, people will be able to transfer their 10,000 lvl 10 tokens they have collected for lvl 90 gear?

Please expand on this statment about the Single currency for Open PVP...  very vague as it was said here

Is PVP gear at low levels going to be changed to be in line with the BG gear? or what is going on with that?

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #40
Brimestar

Loremaster
Brimestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL (USA)
Posts: 883
Default

Now are these blue adornments going to be pvp only or will BGs get it also? If that is the case, when will SOE differentiate between the sets?
__________________

Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com.



Brimestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #41
Brimestar

Loremaster
Brimestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL (USA)
Posts: 883
Default

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30.
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands...
  • Much more!

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

 

What is this going to entail? What concerns me is that this thread exists on the BG forum, so you are only adding it to BG and we are going to benefit from it but its not intended for us as pvpers. Like this Warfield...Is this just going to be another map added to BGs where we can slug it out? I'm copying over to test (again) but you will need to pardon my skepticism.  I could give a flying fornication about BGs, lets do something to get this server back on its feet and pvp. 

__________________

Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com.



Brimestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:36 AM   #42
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

Brimestar wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30.
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands...
  • Much more!

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

 

 

What is this going to entail? What concerns me is that this thread exists on the BG forum, so you are only adding it to BG and we are going to benefit from it but its not intended for us as pvpers. Like this Warfield...Is this just going to be another map added to BGs where we can slug it out? I'm copying over to test (again) but you will need to pardon my skepticism.  I could give a flying fornication about BGs, lets do something to get this server back on its feet and pvp. 

Are you surprised that an update was based soely on the needs / wants / requirements of the bluebie servers and then as an afterthought, quickly and poorly adjusted to fit the word "PVP" into it somewhere?  PVP has been an afterthought since the dawn of PVP servers...  BGs are for bluebie servers, so of course things will be adjusted for BG and then later on they will try to fit PVP in somewhere..

For example... PVP server rules that have been in place for years regarding the amount of AA you can use is being reset to PVE rules because with BGs, we are now going to be playing along side PVE'rs who have no restrictions... PVP afterthought...

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #43
kreepr

General
kreepr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 681
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Brimestar wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30.
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands...
  • Much more!

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

 

 

What is this going to entail? What concerns me is that this thread exists on the BG forum, so you are only adding it to BG and we are going to benefit from it but its not intended for us as pvpers. Like this Warfield...Is this just going to be another map added to BGs where we can slug it out? I'm copying over to test (again) but you will need to pardon my skepticism.  I could give a flying fornication about BGs, lets do something to get this server back on its feet and pvp. 

Are you surprised that an update was based soely on the needs / wants / requirements of the bluebie servers and then as an afterthought, quickly and poorly adjusted to fit the word "PVP" into it somewhere?  PVP has been an afterthought since the dawn of PVP servers...  BGs are for bluebie servers, so of course things will be adjusted for BG and then later on they will try to fit PVP in somewhere..

For example... PVP server rules that have been in place for years regarding the amount of AA you can use is being reset to PVE rules because with BGs, we are now going to be playing along side PVE'rs who have no restrictions... PVP afterthought...

No limiting it was the after thought.... They are now changing it back to what it should have stayed. The AA cap was there first attempt to stop the wave of level lockers.  After that didn't work (we adapted) they made it so you cold not turn off the XP from a PVP kill.  Now they are turning it back to what it was to start with, BUT you wont start locking till T4.

kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #44
Armironhead
Server: Vox

Loremaster
Armironhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

kreepr13 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Brimestar wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Greetings,

A few changes already mentioned in the Battleground section: TIMETRAVELLING

In addition here are a few key points to look for in GU56 that impact our server:

  • Level locking enabled starting at level 30.
  • Removal of level restrictions for Achievement distribution.
  • 100% achievement bar settings prior to max level.
  • Single Currency for Open PVP, the Discord Token.
  • Warfields! Antonica and Commonlands...
  • Much more!

Please take the time to prepare your characters and thus provide feedback for the few weeks we have these on TEST-Copy.  A lot of more details to be shared in the near future and of course we expect to make modifications based on feedback.

Happy Hunting!

Olihin

 

 

What is this going to entail? What concerns me is that this thread exists on the BG forum, so you are only adding it to BG and we are going to benefit from it but its not intended for us as pvpers. Like this Warfield...Is this just going to be another map added to BGs where we can slug it out? I'm copying over to test (again) but you will need to pardon my skepticism.  I could give a flying fornication about BGs, lets do something to get this server back on its feet and pvp. 

Are you surprised that an update was based soely on the needs / wants / requirements of the bluebie servers and then as an afterthought, quickly and poorly adjusted to fit the word "PVP" into it somewhere?  PVP has been an afterthought since the dawn of PVP servers...  BGs are for bluebie servers, so of course things will be adjusted for BG and then later on they will try to fit PVP in somewhere..

For example... PVP server rules that have been in place for years regarding the amount of AA you can use is being reset to PVE rules because with BGs, we are now going to be playing along side PVE'rs who have no restrictions... PVP afterthought...

No limiting it was the after thought.... They are now changing it back to what it should have stayed. The AA cap was there first attempt to stop the wave of level lockers.  After that didn't work (we adapted) they made it so you cold not turn off the XP from a PVP kill.  Now they are turning it back to what it was to start with, BUT you wont start locking till T4.

Locking was supposed to have been eliminated to protect the "new" player from being ganked and driven from the game.  Now that soe has made sure that there is no wave of "new" players signing up for the pvp servers, I guess it is safe to reintroduce locking.  With the available player base being spread out across all of bg instances and the pve instances, I wonder if any one will notice?

__________________
Armironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #45
Sprin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: L U S H
Rank: LUSH (Supreme Drinker!)

General
Sprin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,364
Default

[email protected] wrote:

 Now that soe has made sure that there is no wave of "new" players signing up for the pvp servers, I guess it is safe to reintroduce locking. 

LOL.... nicely done sir, nicely done indeed.... Hit the nail on the head

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #46
Olihin

Developer
Olihin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 429
Default

Warfields are restricted to PVP servers. 

The writs are being changes to 6 kills for 5 tokens across all levels.  A single currency regardless of the level will be used. 

The new coin will be the Discord Token and I have set up a merchant to exchange the tokens for you in increments of 5 or 100.   I know some will be able to gear up more of their characters quickly, but that is the point.   I want you to be able to play on your account at whatever level you want and either save or spend your token when you want.  

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #47
Dojac
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew
Rank: Boss

Loremaster
Dojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 167
Default

Olihin wrote:

Warfields are restricted to PVP servers. 

The writs are being changes to 6 kills for 5 tokens across all levels.  A single currency regardless of the level will be used. 

The new coin will be the Discord Token and I have set up a merchant to exchange the tokens for you in increments of 5 or 100.   I know some will be able to gear up more of their characters quickly, but that is the point.   I want you to be able to play on your account at whatever level you want and either save or spend your token when you want.  

Olihin

I know this is a double post but it really belongs here as this is mainly a PvP issue.

Ya lost me here Oilhin.  Lower tier PvP takes much less skill than higher tier PvP but they're going to have the same reward potential?  I'm all for backwards compatibility, spending tokens aquired at t9 on any lower tier but spending t3 on t9 is not going to sit well with alot of people.

Dojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #48
Ahlana

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,238
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Warfields are restricted to PVP servers. 

The writs are being changes to 6 kills for 5 tokens across all levels.  A single currency regardless of the level will be used. 

The new coin will be the Discord Token and I have set up a merchant to exchange the tokens for you in increments of 5 or 100.   I know some will be able to gear up more of their characters quickly, but that is the point.   I want you to be able to play on your account at whatever level you want and either save or spend your token when you want.  

Olihin

I know this is a double post but it really belongs here as this is mainly a PvP issue.

Ya lost me here Oilhin.  Lower tier PvP takes much less skill than higher tier PvP but they're going to have the same reward potential?  I'm all for backwards compatibility, spending tokens aquired at t9 on any lower tier but spending t3 on t9 is not going to sit well with alot of people.

I am alright with it. Except lower tiers should not reward 5 tokens like end tier does.. maybe 1-3 at best... never ever 5 (esspecially with level locking coming back)

__________________
Ahlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #49
Olihin

Developer
Olihin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 429
Default

The goal is to make sure all players are rewarded for their efforts.  In lower population servers, the ability to log in one of your alts to play with friends and still know that you can use your tokens as you progress will be beneficial rather then a detriment.  

Players should be allowed to spend their tokens at any tier as long as their time is spent in open PvP earning them.

Olihin 

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #50
Olihin

Developer
Olihin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 429
Default

Ahlana wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Olihin wrote:

Warfields are restricted to PVP servers. 

The writs are being changes to 6 kills for 5 tokens across all levels.  A single currency regardless of the level will be used. 

The new coin will be the Discord Token and I have set up a merchant to exchange the tokens for you in increments of 5 or 100.   I know some will be able to gear up more of their characters quickly, but that is the point.   I want you to be able to play on your account at whatever level you want and either save or spend your token when you want.  

Olihin

I know this is a double post but it really belongs here as this is mainly a PvP issue.

Ya lost me here Oilhin.  Lower tier PvP takes much less skill than higher tier PvP but they're going to have the same reward potential?  I'm all for backwards compatibility, spending tokens aquired at t9 on any lower tier but spending t3 on t9 is not going to sit well with alot of people.

I am alright with it. Except lower tiers should not reward 5 tokens like end tier does.. maybe 1-3 at best... never ever 5 (esspecially with level locking coming back)

The changes will be on test soon.   All items in question can and will be subject to change base on feedback.  If we find that the numbers need tweaking, then we can change them.   This is also true to new items that are added.    The goal is to make sure the changes benefit most of our players, not just a few.

Olihin

Olihin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #51
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

I can see where this change could allow lowbie alts to gear up faster to survive twinks, and I can also see why twinkers would hate this idea since easy ganks would toughen up faster.

However, if it is cool for twinkers to use their high lvl characters to gear up lowbie alts, then what is wrong with using a lowbie to gear up a higher?  Same difference, isn't it?

Overall end result should be equal-geared players anxious to come out of immunity to pvp... unless players need to have gear superiority as a reason to pvp?

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out!

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #52
Rocc

Loremaster
Rocc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 705
Default

Now if we could just get our toons to show up on test....

Rocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #53
Dojac
Server: Vox
Guild: Storms Brew
Rank: Boss

Loremaster
Dojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 167
Default

Olihin wrote:

The goal is to make sure all players are rewarded for their efforts.  In lower population servers, the ability to log in one of your alts to play with friends and still know that you can use your tokens as you progress will be beneficial rather then a detriment.  

Players should be allowed to spend their tokens at any tier as long as their time is spent in open PvP earning them.

Olihin 

My concern is for the t9 PvP population in general.  Why PvP at t9 when you can get the same reward for less effort at t4?  As it stands the incentive is to PvP at t4 only. 

I would second Ahlana's idea to reward more tokens based on tier as it would allow for people to do some progression at lower tiers while adding incentive to keep the t9 population up.

Dojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #54
Armironhead
Server: Vox

Loremaster
Armironhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

Olihin wrote:

The goal is to make sure all players are rewarded for their efforts.  In lower population servers, the ability to log in one of your alts to play with friends and still know that you can use your tokens as you progress will be beneficial rather then a detriment.  

Players should be allowed to spend their tokens at any tier as long as their time is spent in open PvP earning them.

Olihin 

What tier is the warfields going to be?  They are in ant and cl so does that mean its limited to t2 or is it going to be an area for all tiers.  If it is all tiers what is the pvp range?  CL and ant is 4 as i recall.  4 is very low for t9 pvp imo.  It should at least be 10 for t9.

Also are the warfields going to be instanced -- in effect just other bg type maps?  Right now there is not much of a vox pvp population  and its getting worse everyday - we are divided between the bgs, pvp and instances, and with the introduction of lower tier bgs, the player base is getting spread thinner then ever.  If the warfields are instances, then at least we could play with folk on naggy.

Also will token reward scale according to sever population?  Scaling will allow vox players to see reward items that would otherwise be unattainable if naggy token amounts are used.

Finally, whats being done about the pve questlines in and around cl and ant?  Will they still be possible to complete?

__________________
Armironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #55
Chia_Pet

Loremaster
Chia_Pet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 282
Default

I dont see a problem with the tokens being used at all tiers at all.( in fact I may have been the one that first suggested it) It makes sence to allow people who PvP fior gear to continue to use them as the get higher lvl. seriously, why are there even tiers? why all of a sudden does someone who has Pvpn in his 50s and getting updates and tokens all of a sudden have to reset and sytart over the second he hits lvl 60? in order to make things fluid, PvP gear PRICES should reflect lvl changes, thus at low level the gear is relatively cheap to get, and finally at lvl 90 its the most expensive. keeping the tokens transferable means that those who actualy fight the hard fight through the lvls( not lvl locking and getting masters and full sets of PvP gear for each tier) will be rewarded when they get to a tier they DO chose to stay in, whether its lvl 50 or 90. or big problem that i think alot of people are worried about is the sheer amount of tokens people got in tier 8 because of the zerg. many will be converting a TON of tokens over, but ya know what? they put the time in for em. regardless of how easy it was, now the zerg isnt there from what ive seen and PvP has actually gotten a tad better for tier 9.

__________________

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #56
Shangu

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 119
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

I can see where this change could allow lowbie alts to gear up faster to survive twinks, and I can also see why twinkers would hate this idea since easy ganks would toughen up faster.

However, if it is cool for twinkers to use their high lvl characters to gear up lowbie alts, then what is wrong with using a lowbie to gear up a higher?  Same difference, isn't it?

Overall end result should be equal-geared players anxious to come out of immunity to pvp... unless players need to have gear superiority as a reason to pvp?

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out!

amazing!!! the pvp servers are gasping for air.....on the verge of total collapse and there are still simple minded people with the "boogey man twink" comments.

you disgust me.

Shangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #57
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

Shangu wrote:

amazing!!!

I am, thanks for admiring!

It was nice to see the twink boogeryman-people dwindle for so long after what they did to the newbies in the teens.

The proposed lvl restriction with cheapness of lower gear might go a long way towards avoiding the previous issues that caused new players to leave the server/game in disgust.

We probably don't want to forget the earlier lessons of eq2 ruleset history and repeat those mistakes again, if our population really is so fragile and on the verge of "total collapse" and "gasping for air"?

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #58
Putyo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Eternal Destiny
Rank: Harbinger of Destiny

Loremaster
Putyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 155
Default

So with tokens being heirloom it is actually going to be better to pvp on your level 30 for your level 90 gear?

this is a great change, now I can play a low level to give end game gear to my main, my favorite part about this whole plan was NO COMMON SENSE used whatsoever.

Oilthin says he plays this game, but its quite obvious that if he does, its 1 hour every couple of months, pathetic. You are doing the exact opposite of a good idea here and for that i give a tip of the hat, you have to try and be that stupid.

Putyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #59
Neskonlith

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,834
Default

Tell us how you really feel!

Are you the kind of player who stops all pvp when you got all your gear?

So what if someone else chooses to gear up lame-lowbie or masochist-90?  End result, they have the gear in the 90s and should be out and about using it in open-pvp.

Or are you merely upset that you won't have a guaranteed decisive gear advantage to auto-win, and will need to use effort to kill another player?

__________________
"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."



- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #60
Armironhead
Server: Vox

Loremaster
Armironhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,194
Default

Neskonlith wrote:

Tell us how you really feel!

Are you the kind of player who stops all pvp when you got all your gear?

So what if someone else chooses to gear up lame-lowbie or masochist-90?  End result, they have the gear in the 90s and should be out and about using it in open-pvp.

Or are you merely upset that you won't have a guaranteed decisive gear advantage to auto-win, and will need to use effort to kill another player?

eq2 has always been about acquiring gear as the measure of success in the game.  that is why soe freed up the mythical weapon slot so that folk would have opportunities to acquire new gear.  the same is true for pvp as it is for pve.  when you are completely geared up, what is there to achieve -- how can you prove yourself the better player?  We dont have any real "fame" anymore and the achievements are a joke.  For those folk who like goals in game, eq2 pvp is presently lacking any execpt for gear.  If gear becomes suddenly super easy to acquire, and there is no other goal to drive people to pvp then yea we will see a net decrease over time.  Worse, if everybody has end game gear then class differences are magnified.  Pvp will turn solely on who has the flavor of the month toon.

__________________
Armironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.