EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
Alycs

Loremaster

Well, barring any changes before it goes live, the new No Zoning while you've got hate is a blast!  You bounce off the zone line.  Dead serious, you are thrown back several meters.  SMILEY This was tested last night on PvP test by a 21 mystic and a 23 inquisitor.  The mystic initiated combat when the inq was ready...then they BOTH tried running for the zone line.  It is with great pleasure to say that we both bounced back.  We let combat drop and waited.  The Inq managed to zone before the Mystic did.  She came back, silly mystic forgot to tell pet to NOT attack something that attacks her...and the pet put the mystic into combat when the inq attacked her.  SO...we let combat stop again...fixed the pet.  IF you do nothing to put you into combat...you can still zone. Thus...no pets or proccing pants...those put you into combat and you bounce. Though, the bouncing is just plain fun! Oh, and the Mystic and the Inq went their own separate ways without the Inq killing the Mystic. It's nice being able to talk with the "enemy" even in just /ooc.

By alycss at 2009-01-15
Alycs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
azekah

Loremaster

that is freagin sweet...can't wait til it goes live!!!   oh...and is /ooc a test server thing?
azekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
Ackron

Loremaster

I CAN BARELY WAIT!
Ackron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #4
kreepr

General

azekah wrote:
that is freagin sweet...can't wait til it goes live!!!   oh...and is /ooc a test server thing?
Yes it is and it's only on test because we have to be able to talk to each other to set up testing
kreepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Image_Vain

Scholar

Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(

lol what now zone huggers [Removed for Content]
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Bloodfa
Server: Nagafen

General

Woo-hoo!  My K/D ratio is about to skyrocket!  Unfortunately, it's the "D" part that's going to climb. SMILEY

Should make combat more interesting.  How does the griff ride work in that scenario?

Bloodfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
Norrsken

Loremaster

Image_Vain wrote:
They simply wont engage and zone when you punt them.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
kreepr

General

[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:
Yeah then all there friends on the other side of the door zone in and have there way with you.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
Norrsken

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:
Yeah then all there friends on the other side of the door zone in and have there way with you.
While they are immune? Now thats an odd thing. How do you attack people in immunity?

Old 05-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #10
azekah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:
This isn't necessarily the issue...the pain is when you got someone down to 1 hp in a good fight and they zone out at the last second... Now they can't run just because they think they might lose...they have to stick around and find out for sure SMILEY
azekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
Norrsken

Loremaster

azekah wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:
This isn't necessarily the issue...the pain is when you got someone down to 1 hp in a good fight and they zone out at the last second... Now they can't run just because they think they might lose...they have to stick around and find out for sure SMILEY
True, but it wont stop zoneline champs from doing their thing. Just your avarage runner.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:14 AM   #12
Alycs

Loremaster

/ooc is a test server thing for us to be able to talk about what bugs/etc that we all are having.  It also helps us set up specifics..such as the test of the zoning myself and one volunteer did. I'm not sure about the griff....to the best of my knowledge if you're in a pvp fight you can't ride one.  Meaning, if you attack someone, you can't get on the griff. If need be, I can probably get that tested in the next couple of days. There's a serious dearth of Q's over there.  Lot's of folks want to try out the new Arasai and look at Neriak. More later folks...unless some of you want to come play?(okay...a LOT of you?)

By alycss at 2009-01-15
Alycs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
luwegeeeee

General

What happens if you cliff dive and fall where u would normally zone to a respawn point?
luwegeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
Image_Vain

Scholar

Location: In a basement, a very, very, dark basement, I havent seen the sun in like, 10 years =(

luwegeeeeeee wrote:
What happens if you cliff dive and fall where u would normally zone to a respawn point?
Die from falling damage?
Image_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #15
Bozidar

Loremaster

the new trick will be to bait people into pvp SMILEY

You wait till they engage when they think they can win.. and pounce!

This has been going on for ages.. it's just a new way of doing it now, at zone lines.

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #16
Bozidar

Loremaster

luwegeeeeeee wrote:
very good question... but i think you die when you fall, so you die?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #17
kreepr

General

[email protected] wrote:
kreepr13 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:
While they are immune? Now thats an odd thing. How do you attack people in immunity?

LOL thats funny cause

1. you can hit a mob right there as soon as you zone and you drop immunity.

2. As soon as a group member is in combat you can attack and drop immunity.

I will let you use you imagination to figure out the senarios.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
Norrsken

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
kreepr13 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Image_Vain wrote:

LOL thats funny cause

1. you can hit a mob right there as soon as you zone and you drop immunity.

2. As soon as a group member is in combat you can attack and drop immunity.

I will let you use you imagination to figure out the senarios.

You missed my point. Habit of yours. THEY will be immune. I dont give a rats [Removed for Content] about your immunity.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #19
Bozidar

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
You missed my point. Habit of yours. THEY will be immune. I dont give a rats [Removed for Content] about your immunity.
Correct.  This will just mean folks will engage less when they're zone huggers.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #20
Norrsken

Loremaster

Bozidar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Yup. Which was my point all along. SMILEY

Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
Chia_Pet

Loremaster

actually, this is kinda lame. so now i chase some dude, not only does my run speed drop to normal, but hes allowed to leave and im not cause im in combat? oh joy. they should be goin the OTHER way, zoning dont do crap, no invincibility. you cant just get away by zoning. oh well.

Chia_Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #22
Bozidar

Loremaster

Chia_Pet wrote:
actually, this is kinda lame. so now i chase some dude, not only does my run speed drop to normal, but hes allowed to leave and im not cause im in combat? oh joy. they should be goin the OTHER way, zoning dont do crap, no invincibility. you cant just get away by zoning. oh well.

the point of this is that you aren't FORCED to combat just because someone hits you with something.  If you don't want to stay and fight, you can get away.

the in-combat, out-of-combat stuff is meant for PvE and will never change, but i think pvp might be better w/o the different states -- or with at different different state

Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #23
kreepr

General

[email protected] wrote:
Bozidar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

OK then you should not have quoted me cause you missed my point.

I do agree with you that less people will attack others now they will just run. I can see PVP going the bait and ambush route now.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #24
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

I can only hope that it is a double edged sword....

And that if a member of your group in is PvP combat the whole group cant zone.

Which would prevent ..

one member baiting near zone lines ... like a fury .. or a class with  high run speed.

lock group in combat .. so friends can zone across and gank while the group is zone locked .

If this was the case

1 groups would stay together

2 zone lines would be something to move away from not hug.

3 the obvious gank tanctic wold be removed.

4 group members wouls stay and fight with a member in combat .. where are they gonna go SMILEY.

No zoning i think will be a good thing in most cases ... but im sure there will be some unforseen problems.

Lets take it to the lowest Nagafen denominator...

I am a slimeball player .. so i have 2 friends or 2 accounts 1 is near a zone line .. the other is hidden nearby.

one i use to engage a player in combat he is my farm bot.. he dies.. they other player in hiding is in combat but cant be seen and holds the attacking play in combat .... while my main shows up to pick off the player who is zone locked.

or any variation of the above ... which can ..and will .. happen..

TBH i would have allowed zoning .. and treated the zone in combat as an infamy hit.

You could prevent a player from gaining status from killing you .....

but you cant keep from loosing it yourself.

As frustrating as it was running away was also a skill.. and a style of play..

it is dangerous to limit playstyle .. now classes who choose in combat run speed .. will own you

and as it is those same classes are the ones owning you anyhow... so 60% in combat run speed for some scout classes ... and a healer class i can think of ... will still let them run away from you ..when they wish .... run long enough to drop combat then zone in fron of you anyhow... however you will NEVER get away from them if you made the mistake of entering combat without knowing for sure what they were....

for example ..... could you EVER get away from a fury?

could you ever catch a fury who wanted to get away from you ?

Just food for thought 

KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 PM   #25
Bozidar

Loremaster

2 problems with your theories:

1) A player who doesn't attack won't be in combat.  Groups won't be held accountable for the actions of 1... so your groups won't be locked in zone.

2) A player who engages your grouped "farm bot" will drop out of combat when he kills it.  The other guy being near by won't mean a thing unless he's hit some kind of encounter thing that's caused hate on that player.

You need a player who can take a beating to draw people into combat while your ambush is out of track range... once they start in, BAM! give em the ole irish Bum's Rush.. and it's D-Day for your prey.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
kreepr

General

Chia_Pet wrote:

No this is VERY LAME.

Now you are stuck in combat and they are not as long as they dont attack back, period. thats not a good thing.

I really dont know what people where thinking when they said this is a good thing. there will be less people attacking cause they will be worried about that ganksquade hiding around the corner or a short zone away. Now I am talking about all teirs ok, it will be quicker fights in the lower tiers but when you have a higher tier more HP and longer fights they will have plenty of time to get to your [Removed for Content] a zone away.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #27
Bozidar

Loremaster

without a doubt rangers, assassins and furies make out like KINGS with this change.  Just sprint away until the hate drops off..

Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #28
kreepr

General

Bozidar wrote:

2 problems with your theories:

1) A player who doesn't attack won't be in combat.  Groups won't be held accountable for the actions of 1... so your groups won't be locked in zone.

2) A player who engages your grouped "farm bot" will drop out of combat when he kills it.  The other guy being near by won't mean a thing unless he's hit some kind of encounter thing that's caused hate on that player.

You need a player who can take a beating to draw people into combat while your ambush is out of track range... once they start in, BAM! give em the ole irish Bum's Rush.. and it's D-Day for your prey.

Boz thats if it works that way it has not been test any where near enough to go live. I have tried to test it a few times but cant find anyony to test with and when I did find someone they didnt get it so testing was rough. I will be on tonight if anyone would like to test some of this out.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #29
KannaWhoopass

Loremaster

All the player in hiding needs .. is a ward ... or shield .. on the character being attacked
KannaWhoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:21 PM   #30
Norrsken

Loremaster

kreepr13 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Bozidar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

OK then you should not have quoted me cause you missed my point.

I do agree with you that less people will attack others now they will just run. I can see PVP going the bait and ambush route now.

Great, we're even then. SMILEY