EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Conjuror
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
oAnnihilatEo

Apprentice

Ok i have recently came back to eq2 and am going to start a conjuror but i have never had 1 so i would like to know what is better i am going to assume wand becasue you can have the wand in 1 hand and the other item in the other if i can remeber rightly which would give you a extra item for more stat +'s sorry if i am wrong i didnt play long the first time i tried eq2 so if im in need of a flame go ahead

oAnnihilatEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
StaticLex

Loremaster

It doesn't really matter what you have as a noob, the levels go so fast you'll probably be upgrading gear quickly anyway.  Also, 2-hand staves generally have twice the "stats" of a one-hand items to make up for occupying 2 slots so I wouldn't worry about using one of the over.  When you get to T8 you may want to start looking for a nice one-hander and off-hand symbol but prior to then I'd recommend just pick up a decent legendary item off the broker.

When you've played this game for ten years and gone to bat seven-thousand times and gotten two-thousand hits do you know what that really means? It means you've gone zero for five-thousand. --- Reggie Jackson
StaticLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
oAnnihilatEo

Apprentice

ok thanks for helping

oAnnihilatEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Lantis

Loremaster

In general (at least for the higher tiers) it's best to use a one-hander, as there are a lot of symbols that will give you damage procs, which are a good thing for summoners (things like Praetor's Guard, for instance).

Until you get such an item, it doesn't matter that much.  Just keep in mind when evaluating a two-handed staff that it is effectively taking the spot of two items, therefore you'd expect its stats to be at least twice as good as the wand, not just "slightly better".

Lantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
Allforgrog

Loremaster

Leveling up my conji last year, admist the upgrades to mastercrafted gear, I found the 2 handed staffs to be the most cost-effective to wield.

While the wand + symbol may offer a piddly increase to stats (pre lvl 72, when the fire-emerald orb gains +2 spell crit) i wouldn't bother spending 2 rares to have seperate items made when one is just as good.

While leveling there may be some legendary pieces that are better, but ignor the tier and compair stats and effects. MC is often times better than Legendary or even Fabled in some cases. Once into T8 content one hand + symbol is almost always the best option.

Allforgrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
KniteShayd

Loremaster

In lower tiers, especially if you aren't farming for Legendary/Fabled gear, go with a Mastercrafted 2H and a Symbol.  They acually give more stat's than a 1H and 2 symbols. Then, I would have it blessed and adorned with at least a common adornment. Once you start getting midgame, you may want to switch out, depending on what you're finding and looting. But until then, go for the 2H if you like.  Remember, you're doing more damage with spells and pets than with melee, so delay is not an issue.

KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
KniteShayd

Loremaster

Allforgrog wrote:

While the wand + symbol may offer a piddly increase to stats (pre lvl 72, when the fire-emerald orb gains +2 spell crit) i wouldn't bother spending 2 rares to have seperate items made when one is just as good.

Actually, it's not that bad post-30 since symbols use leather, gems, and soft metals along with the hard metals. Depends on what you want i guess.  My Templar and Wizzy forewent the hard metal symbol (+int/wis), in favor of the tome (+int/resists).  That was a great compromise for PvP, as leather was the cheapest rare to use at the time.

KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote