EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Arckon

Lord

So with the new addition of the havoc marks being heirloom there have been many token farmers in all three warfields. These people log in get flagged and then one of three things happens.

1- They go to a remote area of the zone and afk, or drown themselves in the water and stay dead.

2- They ride the in zone mounts the entire warfield to avoid pvp.

3- They log out and log back in right before warfields end to claim there tokens.

SOE, I am begging you to do something about this. I mean there has to be something you can do. You have been working on trying to give us a better pvp system. Well make it harder for people to avoid pvp. Here are some thoughts.

Disable in zone mounts during warfields

During warfields make it to where if your hit by a player it puts you in combat.

Sprint should use more power in pvp combat.

Once you are first flagged for warfields you cannot zone or camp for five minutes.

Force respawns so people cannot just remain dead.

In warfields immunity should be dropped to 30 seconds.

And the more kills you get the more you are rewarded at the end.

I would like to hear more thoughts from the pvp community.

Arckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
Nemas Ravenor

Loremaster

just worry about yourself, bro.  Folks want to get flagged and stay dead I'm not really sure why that matters to you.  They aren't exploiting anything, nor are they cheating, and they don't "have" to fight other players because Warfields aren't about fighting other players.  They are set up to kill PVE Guardians and if PVP happens, then so be it.  Sony has it set up so everyone in the zone gets a reward, even if you are on the losing side.  It's so carebear that you can lose the entire thing and still get rewarded, so who cares if someone is AFK that whole time?  If they aren't contributing to killing the Guardians then maybe their side loses the WF and that person gets fewer tokens.  But it's up to them.

Now, you  want to do away with WFs entirely, I would love that.  I'd also love it if there was no PVP gear or rewards at all, just the ability to fight other players whenever you come across them in the world.  But hey, those days are long gone and so this is what we have.

Just worry about how you play the game and not what other folks do.

Nemas Ravenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Nemas Ravenor

Loremaster

Oh gosh, dude, i am sorry.  i totally misread your original post.  You're talking about Battlegrounds, not Warfields.  I'll go ahead and talk to Kiara about having your post moved to the Battleground board, not the PVP board so we can get your question and issues with PVP in the right place.

Good luck!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
thephantomposter

Loremaster

Not very many people like to pvp anymore. Sad really.

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Baackdoor

Hero

Nemas Ravenor wrote:

Oh gosh, dude, i am sorry.  i totally misread your original post.  You're talking about Battlegrounds, not Warfields.  I'll go ahead and talk to Kiara about having your post moved to the Battleground board, not the PVP board so we can get your question and issues with PVP in the right place.

Good luck!

I'm not sure if this guy is serious or not......

Devils, Every second of effort you've ever put into this video game has resulted in sheer failure, having you saying you just need a good monk is comparable to a [Removed for Content] saying you just need smarts.
Baackdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Arckon

Lord

I dont think he was serious. I know that token famers are not hurting me. It just sucks to see like ten people run past you that you could fight and they just camp out. Its really funny when a group of four runs from your troub, now thats halarious.

Arckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
Astornoth

Loremaster

Actually solution 2 WF isuues is very easy.Insted of fixed amount of tokens per win or lost,make it bonus X2 for losers X3 for winners for any PvP kill  tokens U get.Alsaw lock groups in combat so only one group can fight other this will prewent  forming huge raids that has nothing 2 do with actuall PvP.So U don`t PvP U get 0 X2= 0 token per WF.U run after the herd with no gear nor skills or unbalanced groups U get 0X3=0 tokens.Simple. 

Astornoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Nemas Ravenor

Loremaster

Astornoth wrote:

Actually solution 2 WF isuues is very easy.Insted of fixed amount of tokens per win or lost,make it bonus X2 for losers X3 for winners for any PvP kill  tokens U get.Alsaw lock groups in combat so only one group can fight other this will prewent  forming huge raids that has nothing 2 do with actuall PvP.So U don`t PvP U get 0 X2= 0 token per WF.U run after the herd with no gear nor skills or unbalanced groups U get 0X3=0 tokens.Simple. 

There is just so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin.