EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #31
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Raid gear should not be the best gear on a PvP server.  This is why I say put it at TSO or ROK.  The PvP gear at T8 is good stuff class sets and all.  Some of the Legand/Fable drops from Heroic and Raid zones were very desirable in PvP.  Yes Class's were not as balanced as in previous exp but that could be tweeked to make them.

TSO and ROK were all right, but they were rather gear based.  From what i hear, kos/eof times were more like gear is a bonus to have.  Similarly to what other people have said in this thread.  Being i have heard that from so many people, I assume it to probably be true.

Anyways, i think i kind of disagree with the whole pvp gear idea.  You don't need to be any good at your class to get pvp tokens.  Raid gear atleast takes work and time to get.  pvp gear just takes time.

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #32
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

True you need to be better at your class to get a raid spot than you do to get PvP gear although if you are good at your class you will get your PvP gear allot faster than the guy that is not.  I like the idea of PvP gear just for the simple fact that while I enjoy hitting up Raids every now and then its not why I play the game.  So PvP gear makes sense to me as it puts everyone on equal footing if they are willing to put in some time be it grouped or solo ( but do not have the time to raid )

As for the balance thing I remember when RoK first came it the running joke was Ever Scout at end game.  So not sure how KoS/EoF was at end game as I was on my 14 day trial when RoK was coming out and just went straight to it with out playing KoS or EoF endgame.  Even with it being called Ever Scout when RoK first came out the only people that were really having any problems were those that well they would not goto a server like we are asking for anyway SMILEY

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #33
Ilovecows
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

True you need to be better at your class to get a raid spot than you do to get PvP gear although if you are good at your class you will get your PvP gear allot faster than the guy that is not.  I like the idea of PvP gear just for the simple fact that while I enjoy hitting up Raids every now and then its not why I play the game.  So PvP gear makes sense to me as it puts everyone on equal footing if they are willing to put in some time be it grouped or solo ( but do not have the time to raid )

As for the balance thing I remember when RoK first came it the running joke was Ever Scout at end game.  So not sure how KoS/EoF was at end game as I was on my 14 day trial when RoK was coming out and just went straight to it with out playing KoS or EoF endgame.  Even with it being called Ever Scout when RoK first came out the only people that were really having any problems were those that well they would not goto a server like we are asking for anyway

Yeah, i see your point.  Wasn't there pvp gear during EoF though?  That level 65 set?  or did they add that in later?  i'm not sure i think i was only level 20 when EoF was over haha

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #34
Novusod

Loremaster

There was PvP gear in KoS too. It just wasn't very good.

Anyway I could definately see a T7 pvp server becoming more populated than Nagafen.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 AM   #35
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster

The EOF pvp set was ok, better then much pve gear but not better then the best raid drops.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #36
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

This REALLY is NEVER going to happen guys, can you stop wasting potential "PVP Dev" (i just sharted a little from laughing when I typed that) time from them reading this worthless post...

We all get it, old PVP was better then now, instead of wasting time dwelling on the past, why dont you propose things to FIX current PVP instead of dreaming of things that will never be..

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
Magnis
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

K, lets start by removing flying/leaping mounts and intant world travel#1, just on naggy. I can live without that.

ONE STEP AT A TIME 2011

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #38
Tenka

Loremaster

even if they made a t7 pvp server, it would only be a matter of time before the tears started flowing again. yeah the game was simpler back then and you pretty much knew where to find pvp, but there was a lot of jacked up stuff back then too. i'm certain new things to moan about would be brought up too. and what happens when ppl started asking for progression ? new gear ? deja vu
Tenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #39
Sprin

General

[email protected] wrote:

even if they made a t7 pvp server, it would only be a matter of time before the tears started flowing again. yeah the game was simpler back then and you pretty much knew where to find pvp, but there was a lot of jacked up stuff back then too. i'm certain new things to moan about would be brought up too. and what happens when ppl started asking for progression ? new gear ? deja vu

Exactly, you think the Devs thought of all the current crap that has evolved since KoS / EoF times?  Its carebare whining and petitions and bug reports etc etc that got us to our current condition... KoS PVP was broken too, just a different kind of broken... I think you guys are overlooking the primary source of the deterioration of PVP since KoS / EoF... its not the changes to PVP as much as its the changes to the PVE and openworld enviornment...

• 10000 instances were created after EoF, mostly afterk RoK, to disapear into....
  • pve gear was made far superior to PVP gear until just 2 months ago...
  • instant world travel,
  • guild halls to disapear into,
  • no waiting for spires (some of the best PVP fights came from that 5 minutes of waiting at a spire)
  • no traveling on clouds,
  • raid flags to plop down so nobody but one person with 60 seconds immunity could get to anywhere they want to go, free from harm...
  • zone wide zone ins to bring the rest of his group out of harm...
  • PVP choke points from writ givers and writs in general, WF's, PQ's, etc etc etc
  • Flying, insta-immunity mounts etc
  • etc etc etc etc etc...

Its not so much the balance of classes, or even so much the gear, its all the rest of the crap above that destroyed PVP and made it into what we have today..

Old 07-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
Magnis
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

yeah pretty dead on. 

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #41
Sasquatch

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Exactly, you think the Devs thought of all the current crap that has evolved since KoS / EoF times?  Its carebare whining and petitions and bug reports etc etc that got us to our current condition... KoS PVP was broken too, just a different kind of broken... I think you guys are overlooking the primary source of the deterioration of PVP since KoS / EoF... its not the changes to PVP as much as its the changes to the PVE and openworld enviornment...

• 10000 instances were created after EoF, mostly afterk RoK, to disapear into....
  • pve gear was made far superior to PVP gear until just 2 months ago...
  • instant world travel,
  • guild halls to disapear into,
  • no waiting for spires (some of the best PVP fights came from that 5 minutes of waiting at a spire)
  • no traveling on clouds,
  • raid flags to plop down so nobody but one person with 60 seconds immunity could get to anywhere they want to go, free from harm...
  • zone wide zone ins to bring the rest of his group out of harm...
  • PVP choke points from writ givers and writs in general, WF's, PQ's, etc etc etc
  • Flying, insta-immunity mounts etc
  • etc etc etc etc etc...

Its not so much the balance of classes, or even so much the gear, its all the rest of the crap above that destroyed PVP and made it into what we have today..

Well put, but pve or not everything you listed would not be a problem on a t7 KoS pvp server, and IF people whined and petition about the t7 server pvp which prolly wont be many because how it compares to naggy now, SOE would be able to progress without making the same mistakes they made before because they will know what is going to happen ahead of time so it wont necessarily be a deja vu.

Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #42
Sprin

General

Sasquatch wrote:

Well put, but pve or not everything you listed would not be a problem on a t7 KoS pvp server, and IF people whined and petition about the t7 server pvp which prolly wont be many because how it compares to naggy now, SOE would be able to progress without making the same mistakes they made before because they will know what is going to happen ahead of time so it wont necessarily be a deja vu.

Kinda failing to see my point here... the point is they will NEVER make another PVP server, especially one they have alreayd "fixed" 3+ years ago, and one they would have to upkeep and maintain and hear more whining about different aspects of PVP, and then have to worry about 2 different PVP rulesets...

They cant even focus on 1 PVP ruleset, you think they would do 2?  All I'm saying is lets focus this energy toward fixing current pvp Ruleset, not wasting our time asking for something that will never in 3 trillion years happen.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #43
Auxillery
Guild: Legends of Firiona Vie

Loremaster

I think they would do it... Isnt there a 50/20 or something server on eq1? Just give them time.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #44
Sasquatch

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

Kinda failing to see my point here... the point is they will NEVER make another PVP server, especially one they have alreayd "fixed" 3+ years ago, and one they would have to upkeep and maintain and hear more whining about different aspects of PVP, and then have to worry about 2 different PVP rulesets...

They cant even focus on 1 PVP ruleset, you think they would do 2?  All I'm saying is lets focus this energy toward fixing current pvp Ruleset, not wasting our time asking for something that will never in 3 trillion years happen.

Neither of us see each others point of view. I will repeat, your are not going to see alot of petitions or whining if this did happen because the extremely positive effects this will have on pvp compared to pvp now, if there were going to be any complaints im sure there would not be enough to screw pvp over again.

Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #45
Winter12345

Loremaster

Don't just assume that SOE will never do something like this. Is it unlikely? Probably, but over time, with more and more support, something can be done. A similar thing was done in EQ1 with a pve progession server, and I'm sure before it was implemented people thought the idea was never going to succeed.

Winter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #46
Jacquotte
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Sasquatch wrote:

Good try but no. You can keep your broken dying naggy with absolutely no open world pvp, 130% mount speed, flying/leaping/gliding mounts, and toughness pvp gear. While we enjoy PvP when it was most balanced by far. Also just because you have raid gear doesnt mean a thing in KoS. If a vet in MC goes against someone in raid gear who isnt as experienced in pvp, Vet wins. The state Nagafen is in now is way too far from fixable and is why they should make the t7 KoS pvp server, cant hurt SOE, but will no doubt help them in everyway and bring there player base back.

QFE

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #47
Jacquotte

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

As for the balance thing I remember when RoK first came it the running joke was Ever Scout at end game.  So not sure how KoS/EoF was at end game as I was on my 14 day trial when RoK was coming out and just went straight to it with out playing KoS or EoF endgame.  Even with it being called Ever Scout when RoK first came out the only people that were really having any problems were those that well they would not goto a server like we are asking for anyway

Yeah, i see your point.  Wasn't there pvp gear during EoF though?  That level 65 set?  or did they add that in later?  i'm not sure i think i was only level 20 when EoF was over haha

the "65"-set wasn't originally 65 at all. it was a copy-paste of the EOF lvl 70 raidgear, just as the 75 is a copy-paste of the lvl 80 T8a (rok) raidgear. Both sets used to be lvl 70 and 80 pvp-sets respectivly

Old 07-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #48
Jacquotte

Loremaster

Inte[email protected] wrote:

Don't just assume that SOE will never do something like this. Is it unlikely? Probably, but over time, with more and more support, something can be done. A similar thing was done in EQ1 with a pve progession server, and I'm sure before it was implemented people thought the idea was never going to succeed.

exactly, having a EOF-locked pvp server AS_IT_WAS would bring alot of subs back, i am sure that even the soe employees misses the amazing pvp we had back then, before all the diminishing factors that made nagafen what it is today

give us a T7 pvp server in 2011

an EOF pvp server would be exactly as it was in 2007, people complaining and wanting ez-mode can play on Nagafen

Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #49
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster

Hehe if I know soe it wont happened in a thousand years.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #50
Jacquotte

Loremaster

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

Hehe if I know soe it wont happened in a thousand years.

we can only pray and keep petitioning SMILEY

the best pvp-experience ever in any mmorpg needs a revive!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #51
Jacquotte

Loremaster

i'd like some more input from players and i would also like to see a red name posting

Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #52
Guld_Ulrish

Loremaster

Red names is rare!

Old 07-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #53
Jacquotte

Loremaster

Guld_Ulrish wrote:

Red names is rare!

i know right, but we need them here..

this is a ongoing 3-year old request and the need for this server has never been more vital for the survivability of pvp in everquest2

Old 07-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #54
Cocytus

Loremaster

Nah t7 KOS. EOF was ok, but it was where they *started* the trend of trying to make skilled and unskilled players be on even ground.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #55
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5592725 Profanity is not allowed - Because SOE appeals to a broad audience, the use of profanity is not permissible in any SOE communication medium. Please be respectful of your fellow players and do not use this sort of language. Do not intentionally evade the word filter or partially mask profanity by the substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #56
Jacquotte

Loremaster

Cocytus wrote:

Nah t7 KOS. EOF was ok, but it was where they *started* the trend of trying to make skilled and unskilled players be on even ground.

you mean with the copy-paste of the pvp / raidgear or how so? SMILEY

Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #57
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Rothgar wants to do at least 1 progression server, but it's actually a lot of work and we'd have to show a ton of interest.

An EoF locked pvp server would be godly.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #58
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

An EOF Locked Server where ALL items are available, BUT all Items ROK+ Are Red and unusable.

TSO Trees/Heroic Trees are Red Unusable, So are SF Trees.

Anyone can Transfer to the Server, if your 90 your level is reduced to 70, but your still a 90, and your 20 levels beyond that are red and unusable.

So is your ROK+Gear.

However you can still go to other places (like DoV) you just are a level 70 in a level 90 zone.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #59
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

An EOF Locked Server where ALL items are available, BUT all Items ROK+ Are Red and unusable.

Anyone can Transfer to the Server, if your 90 your level is reduced to 70, but your still a 90, and your 20 levels beyond that are red and unusable.

So is your ROK+Gear.

However you can still go to other places (like DoV) you just are a level 70 in a level 90 zone.

This will be the first time I have ever said this on these forums and I have disagreed with alot of people.

But are you seriously alright in the head, this is the worst idea I have ever read... ever and I have read your other posts so that is saying something.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #60
Winter12345

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So is your ROK+Gear.

Or just patch to the latest days of EoF? What's the point of adding in DoV zones with no purpose....

Confused.

Winter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote