EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #31
semisus

Pact of the fire tyrant needs to be changed , with no wards this will be useless for tanks/healers and also dps for any fight that does a high pulse dmg
The profession spells needs to be changed so the potency/dmg changer buffs applies.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #32
Clintsat

I tested some raids and had no problem keeping my group alive with myself and one of our wizards running Pact of the Fire Tyrant. I solo healed and was sometimes with a Mystic.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #33
Clintsat

Elemental Channeling and Frost Pyre would be much better if one or both were static buffs even if at a lesser fervor level. The cast time just makes them questionable, especially at lower spell levels.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #34
Arieva

What heal class?
I'd be happy to be wrong about the ability in raids. I will say in heriocs there are quite a few fights right now where I'm just canceling the buff..not all mind but quite a few deeper in zones with a templar present.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 AM   #35
Clintsat

Sorry! I play a Fury.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #36
Ashwind

This makes me wonder if the raid mob you were testing had all of its damage output turned on, it is normal for the damage package to be turned down/off while aspects of the script are tested
Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #37
Clintsat

Helped in a Beta raid last night and was paired with an Inquis. Seemed to have no problems unless agro was messed up or script fail. I'm healing dps though... And I heavily use my damage prevention/reduction abilities.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:55 PM   #38
Earar

where and how do you level up ascension classes ? when ready to level up of course

wow my guided ascension get eaten really fast
Old 11-19-2017, 12:46 AM   #39
Arieva

BetA buffer finch has baubles that will take you to 15 on each
Old 11-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #40
Earar

i know .. but in live ? how would it be ? beta buffer won't stick around

I don't want to use the beta buffer )

and what I see is that guided ascension is 2,600,000 xp --> we need 188,200,000 to get to lvl 12

won't have enough with 50 scrolls Smile .. would need 72 just for the lvl 12
Old 11-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #41
Earar

ok .. so was doing the vhala quests and got 2 scrolls to level up ascensions. So u can easilly get to level 13 just with quests.

certainly more since not done (doing the quests on another toon since first time I did them all those rewards weren't there)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #42
Earar

as I asked yesterday in discord .. does the damage from the rune increases with spell quality ?

For exemple the % arcane damage increase added to scorched earth with rune never changes with spell quality increase.
I just wonder if the damage added to mudslide or virrulent outbreak increases with spell quality. Cannot check right now but I think it doesn't change.

because, it may be that. The spell quality changes duration and elemental DR .. but that's it.

As a DPS, you are not forced to use the rune that adds the damage. Sure it's a nerf for tanks who were elementalists, and they may increase the damages, but ... bulwark of rime won't be awesome anymore.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #43
Arieva

I'm posting this feedback here in addition to the thread in the general forum that was created before my post as I know this is the proper place for it.
I zoned in solo to the brackish vault duo and used the new Bulwark of Rime on the first named. Pretty weak in its current state. 2% of total damage at grandmaster. Triggered 13-15 times on me as a conjuror tanking the mob on several different pulls. Rang in about in damage where wildfire did on each pull. The problem with the proc as it is, is that while it looks good on paper being able to trigger every .1 times a second most folks will NOT be taking damage that often. Even while I'm tanking a mob in a duo I didn't see anywhere near that proc rate. Would be interested to see how tanks proc rate compares. Considering 90% of the playerbase is not tanking the mob when this ability is used they will actually see a lower output than I'm posting here. So if while tanking a mob in a duo its really only proccing once a second, and constant damage on group/ raids are often every several seconds the damage potential goes down from there.
Testing in some heroic beta zones netted results about what I expected. Never saw the damage go above 2% of parse and in several instances saw it below that. Number of procs on names when fighter was tanking the mobs ranged from 6-10..so significantly lower than solo testing.
Potential fixes: As bulwark's spell quality increases the duration of the ability also needs to increase substantially. I'd say minimum 30 seconds at GM maybe 45 better. Also damage may need to increase on the proc as it stands now or allow the damage to SDA which it currently does not appear to.. I think you owe it to the elementalists that relied primarily on this spell for their damage (tanks) and the class as a whole to make this ability good.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #44
Arieva

Why would any ascension class want a completely worthless ability...non tanks included? Saying that well it isnt good don't use the rune is not a good solution. I think the way the ability was implemented in the beginning was poorly thought out..requiring a bonus item to make it functional. Now with changes happening to the spell Id like to see it functional for all.

Ive been told well as a dps you should just go etherealist too...doesnt mean I'll drink the kool aid Smile
Old 11-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #45
Earar

feels like ascension buffs/debuffs or effects outside of the potency buff are too low

Geomancers have terrene destruction (autos booster with stiffle) and obsidian mind (group CC immunity) which has too short duration and too long cast time

thaumaturges have toxic life (base use is only good if multiple thaum ..) whithering, necrotic caress (only on melee hit)

etheralists have ehtereal conduit that gives too little pot and ethermancy that can only be used at begining of fight. Doesn't give much anyway and doesn't give anything if mob has no mana. They have at least siphoned fervor

elementalists have bulwark and thermal depletion.

at least bulwark and thermal become nice/viable with the epic items effects.

without the damage component bulwark isn't that good at all .. (17% elemental DR for 15 sec - master) and cast time of 3.5 sec ??? take a fury then, 40% DR for 50 sec