EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 101 to 110 mage abilities here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality, including NPC target if reporting an issue with a hostile ability, and targets name/class if reporting an issue with beneficial abilities.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #2
Anunnaki

The profession abilities that have been "reworked" only cover level 101-110 spells correct? So I don't have to toggle between live and beta to see what the exact difference is?
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Aliramar

I don't know. Been talking to several people in my guild who already leveled to 103-104 or even higher, they still yet to find any 'reworked' class abilities Roll Eyes.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
Beee

Just a question about the definition of profession abilities:

If a conjurer casts elemetal blast... Why does this not work as a profession ability?

A primary pet of a petcaster IS the profession ability, and if i control it, it has to work. and it has to work on any swarmpet too
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
Mermut

The pet is, but the abilities the pet USES aren't 'your' abilities.. that would be my guess.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
Chillispike

I wish we could beta buff from 100 to 110 to test the spells out. to give feedback quicker
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
Anunnaki

It's an AA
Anunnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #8
Arieva

This, profession abilities are not spec'd via AA choices
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #9
Priestality

why no new summoner pet appearance? or is it hidden Wink?
Old 10-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
Arieva

Maybe its a little too soon to feedback this but Pets on a conji...already seeing some problems:
1: Planeswalker won't summon above level 100 (pet level).
2: New Aery Hunter VII..level 103 spell but only will summon at 102 for me. I am currently a 103 conji
Planeswalker needs to remain relevent. I tested the new scout pet. It doesn't have the epic strike. It would be pretty ridiculous to trashcan 1/2 of the summoners epic 2.0 abilities right out the gate of PoP.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #11
Chillispike

Coercer Stupefy spells line
The spell line goes from Stupefy till Stupefy V -> skipps Stupefy VI and VII -> Stupefy VIII Level 101
Shouldn't the spell be called Stupefy VI instead of Stupefy VIII ? coz it the VI spell of the spell line?
Old 10-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #12
Vanyel

Illusionist Personae Reflection X
Problem: It limits my pet's level to 103 like the previous tier. The pets cap should go up to 110 (113) for this spell
Old 10-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #13
Chillispike

What level where you when you casted the Personae Reflection X ?
I guess higher then 103?
Old 10-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #14
Arieva

Planeswalker summoned at proper level once I hit 105 on beta. Cant speak past level 105 yet but definitely some goofy stuff going on with level of summoned pets
Old 10-22-2017, 04:03 AM   #15
Krystalea

The Planeswalker was keeping up with leveling, until I went LD at level 109. Since then, he is stuck at level 100, Even when I dinged 110, he is still 100, and summons at 100.

Makes for a sad Conjy.
Krystalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:37 AM   #16
Geobaldi01

Conjy level 107 Fire Seed VIII does nothing while Conflagration is active. spell description goes blank and it loses all its effect.
None of the conjy new pets have a new look.
Same issue with pet levels, epic 100, all other new pets summon 1 level below their current spell level not the caster level
Geobaldi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:57 AM   #17
Azrael's Tear

Same thing is happening with Necromancer Nightshade VII, 103 spell but only summons 102 pet and Reaper Epic Spell will only summon a level 100 Reaper.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #18
Earar

what I'm really looking forward are the utility buffs/debuffs

breeze/epiphany, make them relevant

same for dismay, extract mana, rune of thought, aspect of genius. all those buffs should get their stats boosted by way more then juste 70% of the previous tier.
spells like manatap also that's cool, the mana drain may crits but it doesn't give enough mana to the group to be relevant. or increase the mana given with pot and cb.

and some damage spells ... should become more relevant. I hope.

But as I know damage spells will always find their uses, I want utility buffs (as an illu or even fighters or priests or bards) to be worth casting also
Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #19
Moss

Feedback as of today, without any official change on class and abilities balance, looking only at spell recipes.

I could see a very nice increase in abilities values, that will encourage us to quickly upgrade our spells.

- Apprentice 100+ abilities are equivalent to the Adept of the previous tier
- Journeyman 100+ shows a 20% increase of the apprentice version, putting them at the level of experts of previous tier
- We don't have access to Adept at the moment but we could presume a 20% increase again looking at the expert version
- Expert 100+ shows a 40% increase of the Journeyman version, ranking them higher than the Ancient version of the previous tier

If the increase is the same for Master and Grandmaster, the Grandmaster version of level 100+ abilities will be approximately +70% more powerful than current tier Grandmaster.

That is nice for abilities that are currently well balanced but that will not change anything for the majority of the other abilities compared to ascensions abilities.

But as a coercer:

Breeze, one of our regen mana over time, at expert level, regen 92.7/s instead of 54/s, were we would except values around 5000/s.
Hostage, one our historical damage over time ability, has a max damage at 1.4M on a newly created character.
Asylum one of our dot max damage at 700k every 4s.
Compared to any ascension spells who have max damage at 20M-30M at apprentice level.

If I look at a recent dps parse on long fight like Balliath (14min) Hostage counts for 2% on my dps which is not too bad, Asylum counts for less than 0.1% which is very low. While ascensions spells like Implosion counts for 17%, Ethershadow for 15%, even Etherflash counts for 6% on a fight where area damage are top parse.

So if we consider a damage increase of +70% on abilities that are already well balanced it will be a nice welcome (hostage in that case).
For other abilities that are already very low and almost not worth casting (asylum), that will not make them interesting again.

At current levels, for almost all class, ascension spells will still be top dps - by far - and players who could not upgrade them, or who do not play a top dps ascension class will still feel disadvantaged compared to others that will do 2 to 4 times their dps with the same gear.

Of course, and hopefully, things will change with the upcoming patches.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #20
Seadar

My Planeswalker has not leveled at all. Still Level 100. I am Level 110.
Have recast several times, recopied spell to hotbar, recast, etc.

I see several people in BETA running around with Level 109 Planewalkers.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:28 PM   #21
Krystalea

I wish I would have written it down, but, when I first started leveling, my Planeswalker leveled with me. But then I read the post further up about the pet not leveling, so I recast it, and sure enough, it was just level 100. From level 105 to 109, it leveled with me again, but then I went LD, came back to a dead me, and when I revived and had to recast, my pet was level 100 again.

From what I am reading, it sounds like a lot of the epic pets are bugged. Frown
Krystalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #22
Earar

all epic buffs that work with leveling spells are bugged when u want to use the next tier spell
Only the spells linked to AAs work as intended
Old 10-24-2017, 05:03 AM   #23
Ilyriel-Jentara

I've noticed while testing that Savante is not working the same way as it does on Live. If this was intentional, could we at least get Manatap's power increase to be on par with Dark Siphoning or Maelstrom? The measly 106 before bonuses and even it's current value afterwards barely makes a dent.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:44 AM   #24
Kouzatc

In response to what illyriel brought up, I am inclined to agree. The two major points of MAJOR power regen from an illi is through Savante and Mana soul. Removing one of those two major points, in favor of mana cloak/mana tap is fine if they feed a reasonable amount of power (They currently don`t even make a dent).

Alternatively shortening the duration of Savante, to perhaps 15/20 seconds and having it work as it has been working would create a cool way to have groups have to coordinate that power feed. It always adds another exciting element when two players have to work together to accomplish something.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #25
Inesk

So the class changes that were supposed to come with xpac got scrapped months ago? Why wait until BETA to let us know?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #26
Mizgamer62

Why? To protect pre-order sales of course.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #27
Beee

As written here before: Planeswalker only levels to 109. after recast it's a lv 100 pet at lv 110
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #28
Earar

what is the difference of savante ?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 AM   #29
Hot_Rod

Are they ever going to update the Tome/Drake/Gargoyle mage class familiars? Drake still gives 1.6 reuse at L100, Tome 2.3 Crit chance, Gargoyle 4% hate reduction.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:06 AM   #30
Arieva

After reading that resolve raid buffs are going away, I am reporting that the conjuror raid resolve buff Planeswalkers resolve still functions on Beta. Everyone else I've talked to says theirs is unable to be cast but mine continues to function as normal.