EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 101 to 110 fighter abilities here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality, including NPC target if reporting an issue with a hostile ability, and targets name/class if reporting an issue with beneficial abilities.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
Fandi

Not sure if its meant to be or not, but as a monk I loved the hybrid stance. Now on beta as I leveled to 101, I was rewarded with Black window stance VI. Being its the hybrid stance I'm not sure if it was intentionally put back in the game or if it was overlooked.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:30 AM   #3
Ingerimm

Hello Caith,

sure that the reworked and partially compounded spells on the beta are already active?

All I can see so far in the paladin class, seems neither reworked, nor summarized anything.

Also, the error in the classes foci and the AA improvements for healing abilities of the tanks still does not seem to work.

And if the whole is still not active, should we actually write something or better wait?
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
Ashur

Aggressor's Power appears to do nothing on beta at the moment with current crit bonus caps.

Suggestions to fix

1. Change to potency (like rogues have)
2. Add a crit bonus overcap to it
3. Change to fervor
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 AM   #5
Earar

bruiser lvl 101 spells.

the lightning fist VIII replaces the epic bruiser spell (void strike) instead of lightning fist VII.

And though I still have the void strike on me, it disappeared from my spellbook and lightning fist VIII doesn't seem to be affected by the void strike buff.

and no damage on the tooltip of lightning fist VIII
Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #6
Dolgrin

The bug is not new. Last healer update (march or may) broke class foci and AA on fighter healings.
I /bug -ged it and made some posts in the forums.
I gave up.
This is one of the things we never get fixed until doomsday.
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #7
Earar

they said it multiple times ... the boost on heals from focus and AAs was intentionally broken for now .. and AAs and new spells come next week.

it has been said. wait before they give the updated spells and AAs before complaining Smile
Old 10-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #8
Earar

correction

lightning fist VIII replaces void strike on hotbars when you level up, but you can still find Voidstrike

though, I realised all previous lightning fists and lightning fist VIII have 0 damage on tooltip when voidstrike is activated. Only lightning fists VII
Old 10-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Earar

correction

lightning fist VIII replaces void strike on hotbars when you level up, but you can still find Voidstrike

though, I realised all previous lightning fists and lightning fist VIII have 0 damage on tooltip when voidstrike is activated. Only lightning fists VII
Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
Dolgrin

Where? --- Maybe lost in the "Black Hole of Information" between Discord and forums.
I didn't saw a forum post about it.
Dolgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #11
Earar

in discord, but yeah hard to keep track sometimes. because if u don't log when they annonce it, it may get lost in the chat

normally new stuff come this week .. tuesday I hope ?
Old 10-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #12
Earar

So now that I know those spells are the definitives, I'm just wondering what is the use of both of those bruiser spells ?

[IMG]

the lvl 99 is already good enough for quite a few xpacs, so why having another one who cost way more mana ?

and Why give an updated version of the bruiser mezz ... when chanters mezzes stopped being upgraded and heroic mobs are immune to CC ?

[IMG]

I don't mind having them ... I mean it won't change my life, I just won't use them .. Just wondering what's the point ?

And I was wrong .. no new spells. Just normally AAs changed a bit next week ... but the spells we got are the definitive ones.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:56 AM   #13
Nero

Monk feedback based on spells up to lvl 108:

Outward Calm V: appears to be affected by our Ethereal Cloak Rune, however, the tooltip does not seem to update to say that it wards the entire group (AE).

Devastation Fist VII: The expert crafted spell version is absolutely blank, and connot be scribed.

Frozen Palm IX: Attack Speed buff the caster gets from using the combat art appears to remain static from tier to tear, and is identical to the previous version of the CA. Attack speed granted is 24.1 for lvl 93 and lvl 103 versions and all tiers (adept, master etc.)

Arctic Talon VII: Same as the feedback given for Frozen Palm IX.

Flow Like the Wind IX: Increases Crit Bonus by 8% and Potency by 91.5%. These both seem extremely underwhelming, especially the Crit Bonus.

Calm Tranquility IX: Comparing the lvl 96 Master tier to lvl 106 Expert tier, the expert is still a downgrade, and gives stats that are basically irrelevant at this point in the game. (11.6% cast speed and 28.9 Attack Speed.). Please at least increase the values so that the lvl 106 spell is better.

Challenge IX: Damage increase is good, but the threat component is inferior to the lvl 96 version of the spell. I am assuming that there is an AA that is not modifying it properly. Summary: tooltip damage on the spell went up, but the threat from it went down.

Striking Cobra IX: Damage increase appears appropriate, however the defense debuff component appears to be very low and not be scaling properly (lvl 107 expert debuff is lower than the lvl 97 one) The amount overall seems to be very low.

Body Like Mountain VIII: The increase in Mitigation is negligible. 40 extra mit is not going to make a difference.

Dragonfire V: Threat increase to targets in Area of Effect shows up extremely low in the tooltip (30k) it also hits for almost nothing compared to even my passive threat generated by procs. this is suppsoed to be our good blue AoE, please please please fix this one. The ability Casting speed debuff on targets in Area of Effect does not appear to have gotten a boost either.

Mountain Stance VII: Mitigation of caster vs elemental, nox, and arcane damage does not increase from tier to tier, and is identical for the lvl 98 version of the spell when compared to the lvl 108 version (3,668 increase). Looks like the physical mitigation increase scales correctly.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:59 AM   #14
Nero

In some cases, the Expert tier spells for lvl 101-110 are inferior to the GM tiers from 91-100.

My understanding was that Experts of lvl 101-110 should be the approximate equivalent of Ancients of the previous lvl.

Example: Outward Calm V.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #15
duckster

May just be fighter spells that are this way, i compared the expert spells vs ancients on ranger. Experts were marginally better than previous tier ancients.
duckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #16
Earar

except sadly the % based spells.

my avoidance % in GM T11 def stance will still be better than the expert or master ones (not by much but still)

it feels many buffs won't be relevant unless u get them in master. except if they give them a boost before release

as for the damage boost on taunts, it's because the damage added from AAs or focus depends only on the tier of the spell. not the quality
Old 10-24-2017, 04:44 PM   #17
Earar

so the heal AAs and focus on fighters hasn't been corrected ? is it intended or ... ?

and ... tried new AA :

[IMG]

why can't I put point in the middle ability ? battlescarred if I did put one point in brutal counter ? Why can't I use the same build as in live ?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #18
Nero

I guess that was a rhetorical question, to help guide devs in the right direction so that it could be looked at. one would imagine that the damage on taunts would scale better than it currently does.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
Earar

tried on paladin and monk .. and the issue is the same. You cannot use the middle ability of the prestige tree if you use the bottom one. (zealous power for paladins)
Old 10-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #20
Tomshindo

This is not about only fighters, but about all the classes. I haven't ever heard that we have new AA so far.
I'm sorry but are they going to add new one? If not , that is so disappointing me.

Feedback?
And what I point out about tanking is that uncontested block. I deem it's worthless because the mobs have very high rate of the strikethroughs. Of course some classes such as swashies can debuff it, but it isn't effective atm.
I'd prefer to have diversities in tanking, so I hope that fighters or rogues/bards have more abilities that can decrease penetrate rate. If so, we can have important meanings in uncontested blocks.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #21
olleran

Monk Prestige : Waterfall no longer cause Body LIke Mountain to snare instead of root
Old 10-25-2017, 05:32 PM   #22
Earar

gonna list a bit spells.

first, GM choice : Bodyguard IX, Suckerpunch VII, Roundhouse IX, sonic Punch V

first sonic puch and sucker punch are really poor choices. Sonic punch cannot be used close, only on range so very rarely used. Sucker punch is a rear attack, and as tank, I use it very rarely, except with talon strike (But I don't know, I don't like to turn an heroic mob just to hit one CA, and annoy all the scouts in my group).

Then BodyGuard, I'm biased because I have Bodyguard VIII GM and between both I would gain 7 skill in parry, agression (woot !! 53 in agression !!!) defense and deflection and 347 resist in noxious damage. It's really negligeable.

so the only worth spell is roundhouse.

could we have a bit more choices ? from level 101 to 105 we have lightning fists, pummel, slurred insult, uppercut, metero fist, one hudrer hand punch, beatdown. All of those are better choices than sonic/sucker punch and bodyguard. (we had sonic and sucker punch at lvl 85 and 95, please change a bit ^^)

now The AAs. The damage added on single taunts is increased by 31% (32% for encounter taunt). which is OK

lightning fist VIII still doesn't work with void strike buff

eye gouge VIII physical skills debuff seems still really low (if it's 30% more than previosu tier it will be 100 skill debuff ... wait too low with actual stats .. is it even usefull anymore with strikethrough ???)

rock skin ward is increased by 4% (prestige AA) ?? And though my rock skin is App. the ward added doesn't increase in adept, So almost sure it won't increase even in master. The increase is way too low.
from memory the ward on live isn't really big (7million, so such a low increase makes the AA really underpowered)

savage strike - strange stuff happened, When I add the rune class cloak of savage strike, I see more hits, but the damage doesn't increase (nor the lower tier, the lvl 100 one)

AAs.

feels like the hate on mantis leap doesn't increase .. or increase is really low. from 280,000 threat in live to 287,000 in beta (knowing my stats increased a bit between the both ...) for 10 levels. While other AAs like mantis bolt or Crane twirl who do damage got a correct damage boost.

same, hostility (hate proc) went from 686,000 to 698,000 (just an idea of proc from mantis bolt 504,000 to 763,000)

so, not much troubles me, but .. except for hate. the hate procs increase in 10 lvls with a bit more potency is really really low. Is it intended ? especially when we know fervor doesn't affect them ?

and added ward should also be boosted .. otherwise the AA will really become useless.

hope it'll help a bit.

after I couldn't really check the increase in mit on buffs because I don't have similar quality spells, so hard to make a precise statement.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #23
wiouxev2

Monk Feedback:

Starting with the skills that need the most help:

Instill Panic II (50) - Makes target afraid. Please make the fear effect work or be somewhat reliable - or even perhaps change it to a short-term stun or mez that stays effective through current/future content? Could be a decent little utility for monks dealing with multiple mobs for example.

Everburning Flame IV (73) - Increases attack speed of caster by 45. It would be great to see this turn into a useful buff! It has been useless since the death of auto attack, and melee stat increases. Maybe a small doublecast buff? Maybe autoattack multiplier? Decent chunk of potency? Not looking to make this insane or anything, just useful enough to consider casting. There is a health damage over time cost for this spell so it'd be fun to have something situational to cast for added dps that really means something.

Wind Walk (24) - This goes for all classes - invisibility has lost really any use in current content - is there any intent to bring it back in any way? Or adjust how invis spells work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other suggestions:

Mend V (48) - Monk self-heal. This was hit (along with other fighter heals) a while back, it used to do upwards of 70% heal, now its 30-37% at Grandmaster rank. Is this still intended?

Flow Like Wind IX (105) - Monk's offense stance. Obviously this is still a viable stance to use situationally. However the static benefits outside of the 20% potency seem to have been left behind. Maybe these could be scaled to current content.

Outward Calm V (102) - Magic ward. This buff is great with the new cloak rune. It found new purpose and is a new staple for monks. So thank you for that, great upgrade. The current upgraded spell does not scale correctly compared to the standard profession spell upgrades.

Silent Threat/Challenge - Taunts. I think taunts could use some scaling up love for all the fighters. They are worth including in fighter rotation but they mean far less than they used to.

Calm Tranquility IX (106) - Monk raid attack/casting speed buff. The AA benefit makes this a good buff, however the original effect is negatively impacted from stat scaling, and does not provide much benefit outside of putting AA points into the ability.

Inner Calm IX (109) - Monk self buff, +STR, +resists. Also feels weak due to scaling.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #24
Nero

Wanted to follow up on my previous post with feedback for lvl 110 Monk spells/CA.

Dragon Rage VII, Peel III, Silent Palm V- The Expert version of the lvl 110 spell is significantly weaker than the GM version of the lvl 100 spell.

Again, I thought that the expectation was that expert spells would be better or equivalent to previous tier Ancient spells, and that is definitely not the case. Most of the monk spells will have to be upgraded to Master tier before they start hitting harder than my current GM spells. (not factoring in resists).

Doing a little bit of Beta raid testing it seems like the outgoing damage amounts have been greatly decreased, im guessing due to increased combat mit and such. Assuming that taunts and passive hate procs such as Monk's Hostility AA, and Dragon Rage are not affected by the Mob's Combat mit, we might be OK for a while, however, we all know too well that as the xpac rolls out, people are going to be doing 4x to 5x the DPS that they did on the day of the launch, and thats what scares me if our taunts and hate procs continue to be under scaled.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #25
Nero

In addition to above, in the Monk Prestige, right side, please take a look at the scaling of Fluid Combination. It is the final end line for right side, and it doesnt even hit as hard as some of my regular combat arts.Considering its an endline prestige ability, i would think it would atleast be worth taking the points to get.

I parsed it out, casting it on cooldown it ended up pretty far down on the parse.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #26
Tomshindo

So I have claimed that fervor should have been applied to threats including decreasing ones.
But in general chat they denied to do that.

I expect that they are going to add new prestige ones that help us that problem if no fervor on threats.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #27
Agarth

There is a worst problem affecting Taunts : Taunt's potency scaling suffer from a hard cap at 10000 potency.

Here's an exemple : ( you can do the same test with any +/- Threat ability in the game )
[IMG]

If you have more than 10000 Potency, your taunts dont scale with potency anymore.

In the exemple above you can see that after 10000 potency, my taunt only scale from ability modifier until capped, strength increase and agression skills gains.

What the point to have taunt abilities when your equipement main statistic dont affect them anymore.

Can this hard cap be lifted so taunts can be useful in the next content and balanced with the same rules as damaging abilities ?

P.S : and yes fervor should affect taunts too, they should be balanced with that in mind.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #28
Tomshindo

Oh, that's news to me. Indeed I have felt that scaling didn't work on taunts/ threat buff so far, thank you for your reference.

Anyway fighters need some ways to beef up their threats , such as scaling right with potency, fervor on threats, or new spells that increase their threats. But I don't think we don't need fervor on threats if the scaling apply to those spells correctly.

Or, probably - no- definitely, in the next expac , fighters such as alts will keep suffering from holding aggro like this expansion.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #29
Earar

indeed, just tested it also ....

[IMG]

after 10k potency .. the only noticeable upgrades are from ab mod.

you really see it clearly in my last 2 lines, i did all my tests without any stance up. Just the last 2, and you clearly see in off stance, only the damage portion changes, the threat part doesn't even move.

but the problem arrives when there is so little aggression items. My cloak bocomes even more important. 472 in aggression gives around 100k more threat.

funny nobody ever noticed or pointed that out. Now I also understand why mantis leap and hostility threat part didn't increase while other AA damage spells/procs did get an increase.

It really upsets me.

and 10k is so low .. now. Will be even more with upcoming xpac
Old 10-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #30
wiouxev2

Imo the taunt thing really is an issue. When you have people using single abilities that hit for billions, and our taunts take ~1-2 seconds to use (total) in our rotation, and they are effectively doing nothing... Just barely worth casting at this point, when at one point they were pretty class defining abilities. They could put taunts "on scale" with what other abilities are, and it would pretty much take away everyone's complaints about tank aggro.

Any close-to-reasonably-geared tank should be able to hold aggro by cycling taunts, using snaps as additional utility for adds/scripts/etc instead of to build aggro in the first place. Right now, they're hardly even worth including in your rotation as they are so ineffective comparing against DPS abilities, ascension, etc.
Right now, if you raid tank, you have ~15+ people with 5+ hotbars full of abilities that all scale better than your main ability meant to keep you above them on top of the hate meter--- taunts. That has made potency and dps the #1 stat for fighters to just do their job (in addition to getting swole defensive stats, and managing a good survival rotation of course). Except every other non-fighter has stacked abilities scaled better than yours and your taunts are close to worthless. So fighters as of now get to prioritize one-off abilities like Bulwark of Rime, and often relying on AV rotations.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that aggro is a team effort, and relies on some strategy, but I think there's absolutely room to scale taunts correctly so we don't rely so heavily on things we never used to have to, like Bulwark, AV, etc... And put a little more control of hate in the hands of the person tanking the mob, and making taunts powerful/worthwhile again.

I'm sure the devs might see that differently. /shrug