EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
Monstuhr

So my understanding of the "class changes/boosts" is an increase to the professional abilities so that the spells would scale better. Essentially, expert of the new tier was like ancient level of the prior tier (or something along those lines). My question is - what about abilities that cover from AAs or Prestige lines?

Some classes have fairly defining abilities that come from AAs/Prestige abilities. For example, a defiler has the aa ability avenging ancestors which is one of their top dps abilities. Warlocks have Plaugebringer. Channelers have a couple of AA attacks (which have always been fairly poor..). Brigands get Strongarm and/or Blinding dust. Etc. etc.

So are these abilities getting a boost too?
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:13 AM   #2
Mermut

Are the boosts in game yet?
If so, could we please get a list so we know what we're supposed to be looking at and testing?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
Earar

from what I've seen on bruiser.

the shield I get in a mit buff fro prestige AA got a crappy increase with the new tier of rock skin.

but with spells that give a new spell .. hard to check if u don't have the master version of the spell.

other stuf, I think the priest buff from 2nd prestige tree links itself to the highest tier (don't know if better though)
Old 10-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
Hypozeuxis

A list of the boosted skills would be really nice - I'm busy enough with the quest lines that I don't really have time to look through every one of my abilities to see if any are noticeably better than it was in a previous tier.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
Lyricus

Well we were told that the major class balancing was coming with the expansion. Utility would be made more desirable, Assassins more in line with other DPS, and etc. I have seen none of this yet, was this scrapped with the whole spell combination idea?
Old 10-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
Earar

yes, They said it was scrapped months ago.
ain't gonna happen .. at least now ..

Kander then said class balance was the main goal of xpac

have yet to see