EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

I am mostly looking for feedback from a dev, but can someone explain to me the purpose of RAF bonuses for existing subscribers?  I know it's a great way to get new people to try out the game and give a few rewards to your current playerbase, but 100% xp bonus seems a little over the top to me.

To top it off, I recently learned RAFs work for tradeskilling too.  This makes no sense at all.  I tried it out and, yep, mentoring a RAF (because he was not in level range), I did get double xp for every combine.  I got on average a level a rush order and went from 1-90 in about 4hrs of playtime on tradeskilling -- while I was doing a Weeds marathon with a roomie (so not totally paying attention to the game).

So...why am I rewarded so much for the RAF even though they have not subscribed yet?  Is this really intentional?  I can't even imagine how ridiculous this will be for the market after GU61 update with all the new tradeskilling features.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Katanalla
Server: Mistmoore

General

Mostly, because the RAF gets a bonus, as well. Intended that the friend recruiter would roll a new character and level up with the RAF account, else the friend would keep out leveling the recruiter. That's the idea anyways.

Katanalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
feldon30

Fansite Staff

No offense, but this topic has been discussed to death over the last couple of years. It's actually been changed a lot since it was introduced. Used to be you could RAF a level 1 character at the zone-in point. People would just send RAF invites to themselves an presto they get 300% XP for 30 days.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

No offense, but this topic has been discussed to death over the last couple of years. It's actually been changed a lot since it was introduced. Used to be you could RAF a level 1 character at the zone-in point. People would just send RAF invites to themselves an presto they get 300% XP for 30 days.

I know how it has changed.  And neither response has answered what the purpose is for giving the tradeskilling bonus or if it's even intentional as it has never said that as a part of the 'bonus' advertisement in explaining RAFs nor in any update notes as the changes have been implemented.

Anyway, if any devs actually read these forums and didn't know -- now you do.  W/E you do, I did my part.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
feldon30

Fansite Staff

I'm not sure why they give tradeskill bonus, but with the loss of pristine bonus, it sure gives me an idea. I raised my four level 90 crafters the old fashioned way but am not too excited about doing the fifth entirely by rush orders.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Yimway

Loremaster

Splatterpunk28 wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

I know how it has changed.  And neither response has answered what the purpose is for giving the tradeskilling bonus or if it's even intentional as it has never said that as a part of the 'bonus' advertisement in explaining RAFs nor in any update notes as the changes have been implemented.

Anyway, if any devs actually read these forums and didn't know -- now you do.  W/E you do, I did my part.

The justification for tradeskilling is the same as it is with combat xp.

It encourages subscribers to consider and pay for multiple accounts.  Subscribers with multiple accounts represent a significant source of SoE's revenue, growing that addiction only further increases revenue.