EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #421
Burglar_Vox

Loremaster

I'll put it this way. I came back a month ago. When I left after RoK I was playing the Brig I play today. Back then I could kill Tanks, Healers, Mages(Although it wasn't always easy), and other Scouts. Now, with full PvP gear, I still just get face punched unless I find some questing scrub with no pvp gear or maybe a troub or dirge. It's just straight up unbalanced and it's getting old. Also with PvP gear as the only option it makes raiding not really worth it anymore. Thinking about just quitting for the last time if the PvP update doesn't fix this crap claimed to be pvp, or if it doesn't come at all. I'm not leveling an alt class that is OP in pvp just to have to grind out faction and tokens again for all the gear. Did it once on my main Brigand and look how that turned out.

Burglar_Vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #422
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Burglar_Vox wrote:

I'll put it this way. I came back a month ago. When I left after RoK I was playing the Brig I play today. Back then I could kill Tanks, Healers, Mages(Although it wasn't always easy), and other Scouts. Now, with full PvP gear, I still just get face punched unless I find some questing scrub with no pvp gear or maybe a troub or dirge. It's just straight up unbalanced and it's getting old. Also with PvP gear as the only option it makes raiding not really worth it anymore. Thinking about just quitting for the last time if the PvP update doesn't fix this crap claimed to be pvp, or if it doesn't come at all. I'm not leveling an alt class that is OP in pvp just to have to grind out faction and tokens again for all the gear. Did it once on my main Brigand and look how that turned out.

Are you seriously complaining that your not OP enough to kill everyother class anymore so therefore PVP must be unbalanced?  Your statement is the very problem with PVP - everyone wants to be OP and FOTM.   You left 2 expansions ago and come back expecting to be competitive?  The game has progressed.  Not as neatly as many of us would like but you honestly cannot expect to come back at the end of an xpac and compete with people that have been gearing up all year in the new pvp enviornment. 

As a brig you are still a powerhouse class - not as OP as they were in RoK but still pretty tough classes.  Your class was brought in line in the same fashion SKs were and BSTs will be soon enough too.  As a brig all you need to do is buy the PVP Crafted armor to mix and match with oyur older armor and then roam open world looking for kills.  Granted not many people quest open world anymore due to instance AA grinding but you can still find kills in Stonebrunt Highlands, Sundered Froontier, the new Freeport (people are running the cloak quests on mains and alts), Qeynos, and WF zones.  In between WF zones run BGs: they que horribly slow though at times) to get tokens for adorns.  Adorn yourself with pvp crit mit, pvp crit bonus etc to become more competitive. 

You do not need to figure out the current FOTM class.  People love brigs in their grps - buy the mastercrafted PVP gear and you will start doing just fine.  If your on FP side and looking for pvp company I play pacific evenings and your more than welcome to kill what I taunt.   Don't let the change get you down - roll with it.  Any pvp fixes need to move away from FOTM OP classes and balance pvp around grp play.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #423
Nixser
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Banned From Hell

Loremaster

Ranger auto-attacks should be furthur enhanced so that i may not have to turn tale and run as fast. TY SMILEY

Nixser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #424
Hekter
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

REMOVE MERCS from nagafen RIGHT NOW please - they completely ruin low level pvp and mess up targeting in high level, make them DESPAWN ONCE ENGADED IN PVP COMBAT or completely REMOVE THEM from the pvp server. thank you.
Hekter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #425
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

- Mercs - PvP gear - Lack of contested content - Lame fame system - Devs that don't care - Leaping/Flying mounts - Overpowered autoattacks - Broken Exile Oh well... That's 20 words. SMILEY
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #426
Rufy
Guild: Decay

Loremaster

- Mercs dissapear when pvp engaged

- Token system supporting open world pvp

- First fame system

- Balance Classes

- Lose fly/leap mount (completely) if hit by pvp

- Least give credit for exile kills

-- Advertise new pvp updates so people will want to join naggy, so the server may once again be "Heavy" --

Rufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #427
Darkor
Guild: Nexus

Loremaster

Disable Merc during PvP.

No PvP Gear / Remove PvP Stats all together.

Disable Gliders/Leapers when attacked.

Flying Mounts should also have a higher % to drop when attacked.

Bring back the old fame system.

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #428
Vivender

Elder

20 words or less, list form

1) Mercs do not belong in PvP

2) Leaping/Flying/Gliding mounts during WF

3) WF's allow griefing

20 word or less explanations of 1-3

1) Disable them during PvP. Leave them on the server, but make them go away when PvP begins.

2) Ground all mounts for participants of WF, like the Chaos Flag debuff. Plus make it possible to dismount non-flying mounts.

3) 90's (mentored or not) can come to any lower WF, spot carnaged players, then gank for lolz (updates if mentored)

Vivender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #429
Noobkillerr

Lord

Stop asking people what they want, that is how pvp got ruined.

Go back to how it was in SF. No pvp in qeynos or freeport. 

Allow pvp in Timorous deep, darklight wood.. Remove this reactant BS

EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOM USED TO PLAY, LOCK AT 12, GET MC GEAR BUY FARMING BLACKENED IRON CLUSTERS,

now u buy a reactant, and have a crafter make some ridiculously overpowered gear that is not available for any reason to some players wether it be skill, level, money..

Disable mercs when pvp combat is engaged.

Fix the plummit to death from flying mounts, fix the fact that every single ground mount runs at 130%.

What is the point of that when pallys can buy a horse from trainers, for a few gold that runs at 130, and people like myself payed 60+ plat for wargs back in the day.

Expansion packs should be simple, expand the game by adding new zones, new rewards.

FIND A WAY TO ENCOURAGE HARVESTING. I spent a while getting my stuff harvested being jumped repeatedly, to find out the stuff sells for coppers on broker. ?_?

Stop reading the first line, and acting. READ EVERYTHING EVERYONE HAS TO SAY, TAKE NOTES. Elementary.

/RANTOVER

Noobkillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #430
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

It's been six months since your post, what happened?  Oh wait, I know, exactly what everyone said would -- nothing.  Free transfer tokens please. 

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #431
Cynicisim
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

1. One hit remvoes flight/speed/jump on mounts for the group placing evreyone at the same run speed save for bard speed and such add ons

2. Allow to hide pvp titles just like any other titles (perhaps they will not run)

3. Remove BGs from pvp server as open world pvp IS a pvp server (this is not all that improtant but IMO)

4. Open world dungeons such as stormhold rather than instances (I remember the 1st day of guild halls and the fun with pvp or fighting in KOS for X4s).

5. Fix auto attack, CAs should trump auto attacks. Reduce damage to managable lvls and promote longer fights that require talent and skill, adreniline, sweat, swearing, and laughter. I remember the long fights when we all jumped into the others vent and had a celebration of the joy of pvp) 

6. One pvp hit = no evac for anyone you are goruped with. Let the cowards die!

7. Delete WFs and make an open world zone such as MD with strong pvp rewards with randomly changing writs and randomly roaming X2s, X3s and X4s that kill like demons (one for each lvl section of players) "possibly make this only accessable on a pvp server as balance for those that actually play on a pvp server.

8. Add more pvp accessories that are not OP but force choices simlar to AA forces players to decide how they wish to play.

Disclosures: I don't expect any SOE response but posted anyway. I stopped playing EQ2 and moved on to better games but I still watch my son play and miss the old EQ2 pvp when it was fun and I actually knew those I fought against.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #432
Putresce

Apprentice

mercs

Putresce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #433
Rufy
Guild: Decay

Loremaster

Old thread, SoE don't care.

Tired of getting 1 shot or tired of 1 shotting people at lvl 92? Tired of only finding pvp in a wf? Tired of hearing the same 5 trolls in 1-9? Never spend hours looking for 1 kill again. Finally there's a game that has fun pvp and pve content. Come join an amazing pvp adventure in Tera Online. Give it a try, if u don't like it come back and feed SoE more money so they can add more shi#$y pve content and neglect pvp. Give up on SoE. Don't feed them your hard earned cash any longer. I hope u suspend me sony, but in the process I hope more people leave your piece of sh$t game. Try Tera Online, it's actually fun. I'll be taking advantage of your free to play SoE. Thank you.

Rufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #434
Najen

Scholar

Number 1 problem with pvp at the moment is the seperation of PVP and PVE gear/stats.

People should not be able to 1 or 2 shot another player because that person does not have pvp gear on. Don't get me wrong, having PVP gear should give a player an advantage in PVP combat, however, it should not be to the point where attacking someone with PVP gear results in a one shot win for that person. Its not fun for either player. 

PVP gear should be equivalent to low end, or mid tier raid gear. It should also be slightly stronger then high end fabled instance gear.

Either way, a person wearing pvp gear should not be able to wipe out a group of 6 players who are in high end PVE gear.

Najen  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #435
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Najen wrote:

Number 1 problem with pvp at the moment is the seperation of PVP and PVE gear/stats.

People should not be able to 1 or 2 shot another player because that person does not have pvp gear on. Don't get me wrong, having PVP gear should give a player an advantage in PVP combat, however, it should not be to the point where attacking someone with PVP gear results in a one shot win for that person. Its not fun for either player. 

PVP gear should be equivalent to low end, or mid tier raid gear. It should also be slightly stronger then high end fabled instance gear.

Either way, a person wearing pvp gear should not be able to wipe out a group of 6 players who are in high end PVE gear.

That's not the number 1 problem, there isn't a number 1 problem, there is to many probems.

Class balance is horrid, there is a difference between the class being able to kill the other one easier than just stomp the yard with them in 1 to 2 seconds

Pvp Gear is outdated, and it's not a full seperation at all, and the adorns, procs, and stat stacking all works in pvp

Player's are all around scared to even come out to pvp unless it's warfeilds or they are strong in numbers (You can't put that on SOE since it is a decision made by a person) Confidence is so low, and it's obvious, look at 1-9, people's attitude towards each other even on the same faction prove's it. I saw a lot of player who never used pots,relics,totems or the items from the pvp merchant in fights at all

You fight each other using stats that were meant for Pve, so the health verse the damage doesn't even equal out

Sony and people forgot what there classes were intended to do, everyone acts like they all need high dps, even healers, tanks and bards. In fact none of the classes play there rolls they were intended for if they don't have too. 

We already have attacked run speed and mounts so much I don't feel like going there

There is no reward in pvp at all, some people might say wow you get a title, instead of promoting pvp the way the title system is set up that the people who actually think it means they are good at it never come out an fight after they get one.

Also no one every adresses the fact that aa's might be a slight issue also and need some adjusting to be more balanced for pvp

Basically when pvp was at peak, you did not have cb,pot,flurry,dps mods out the roof, spell da, ma out the roof, auto attacks they took up for more dps than the actually combat arts, and the word plate,chain,leather and cloth actually meant something towards mitigating damage. 

This is why I don't play it's so boring now, it's to easy, and for the new people pvp seems to be to hard to get what they need, there is not a inbetween. Plus after reading the update that basically said we are not doing absolutely anything to pvp, I justlet my sub go out, it's not worth it. They are ruining pve also, stick people in raid zones only to find out they can but there way threw the game, it's a shame, this game used to be so much fun.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote