EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #91
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

I know many disagree, but I gave up on PVP when they further separated the gear. My primary enjoyment from this game in PVE. Many others feel the same. For us, this further separation in gear made our preferred mode of game play not useful for PVP. So there was no really reason to stay on Naggy anymore. 

I understand the argument that the game has matured to the point that this separation became necessary. I'm not sure if I totally believe this, there were a few suggested changes when this was on test that seemed worth trying, but ultimately that's not how the cards fell. 

For those who are done w/ PVE, of course this change was welcome. But it's also one of several reasons why some people like myself stopped PVP'ing. I was never a hard core PVP'er, but I was more than a complete noob / scrub, I probably represented the casual / mid-tier PVP'ers. For those who love PVP, fewer people like me is never a good thing. 

Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #92
Kayso
Guild: Slice of Life

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Gear seperation has to stay or else you will be required to raid in order to be competitive in PvP, instead of currently raid gear only being best for 15ish slots it would be best for every slot

So? Raiders should be better.

Luckily they are only 1% of the server pop.

Raiders already have a massive advantage in PvP for Mainhand, Secondary, range slot, wrists, rings, earrings, charms, cloak and belt and war runes that are broken and have worked in PvP since day 1 of DoV.

Removing gear seperation would just make it impossible for non raiders to compete regardless of playing ability.

That's more or less how it's been since ROK.

There were some exceptions (see the Purity 6 man groups that'd steamroll even Onyx sometimes back in the day), but for the most part.. Yeah. Gear wins fights.

Kayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #93
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

Crismorn wrote:

Gear seperation has to stay or else you will be required to raid in order to be competitive in PvP, instead of currently raid gear only being best for 15ish slots it would be best for every slot

So? Raiders should be better.

Luckily they are only 1% of the server pop.

LOL should be better?   Because disapearing into a PVE zone and fighting a scripted mob and listening to when ACT goes "ding" and tells you to joust and to cure and to AOE prevent SHOULD make you better in PVP... right... its clowns like you that destroyed the PVP on this game....   grats

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #94
dellaripa

Loremaster

From a Guardian standpoint I don't see any reason I should die to a scout in 5 seconds or less while wearing the reinforced set of armor.  Currently there is zero benefit from equipping/speccing defensively.  For instance at 140 Crit mit I still get flurried for 2500 and up.  With close to 69% avoidance, 39% uncontested I might avoid 10%, or one flurry attack out of 10, and rarely do I avoid a CA.  My 100% parry ability is virtually worthless when most CAs and a great deal of autoattacks hit through it.  My favorite is getting double assassinated through it. 

I understand Guardians forfeit offense for defense, I get it, but in pvp it's nowhere to be found. 

dellaripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #95
Hennyo

Loremaster

New pvp server with no gear separation and no flying mounts outside of DoV. All zones should be contested including raid zones. Put x4 raid zone mobs on 1 day timers, x2 mobs on 6 hour timers, and heroic instance named on 1 hour timers. I could say a lot more about this, but I am trying to keep it short as possible. Some basic pvp mechanic changes I would suggest would be to remove the recast timer on cures, lower auto attack dps a ton in pvp, and severely lower the immunity timers on control effects. I understand that this would allow faster than normal PVE progression theoretically, but the very fact that a guild would have to be fighting off pvp for all their drops would make it significantly harder. Also I would prefer if all world bells were gone, and it went back to the system of having to go to different zones to go to different zones, I think leaving druid portals, and wizard spires in the game would still be ok tho. Oh, and just to add it, I think that only exiles should have all the classes, and have evil and good be restricted to the same classes they are on live.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:46 AM   #96
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

Flurries need there damage reduced.

Critical Mitigation should work in PVP and PVP stats should not be separated.

Engaging someone in PVP combat should give you a static 50% Critical Mitigation Buff.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #97
sargonnath

Loremaster

My needs:

1) Reduce critical chances and flurry to at most 10% of triggering at highest level, for both.

2) When you attack someone or when you are attacked, if you are hit you loose any mount speed and you enter combat, no matter you want to flee or not: you are facing a PvP fight, willingly or not.How can you explain that your defense, parrying, deflecting, are working if you are not currently fighting against your opponent? The fight shall ever be engaged between the two opponents. It would avoid us runners and make the PvP a bit more dangerous. You would use stealth more often to get near opponents you don't know much about.

sargonnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 AM   #98
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

Crits and Crit Mit are horrible mechanics to start with as its just anouther artificial stat that should go away.

However since we are stuck with it......

PvP Crits and PvP Crit Mit should be seperate from thier PvE counter parts.  While yes both sets of gear PvE and PvP should have base amounts of both on them IE PvP gear equal to T1 Raid gear and T4 Raid Gear equal to MC PvP gear ( or a touch better than ) that is as far as they should over lap.  A fully geared PvP toon ( pick a class ) with 300 AA and Master spells should beat a fully Raid Geared 300 AA Master spells toon ( same class ) if the people at the controlls are exactly the same skill lv.  Would it be possable if the Raid Geared toon is controled by a better player for him to beat the PvP toon yes.  However it should not be due to the gear.  PvP gear should be the best for PvP period Raid gear should be the best for PvE but they should over lap some ala TSO.

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #99
Valonia

Loremaster

1) Grind for PvP gear <- PvP should be about skill not gear. It's worse enough that AAs need to be grinded out before you can start PvP'ing.

2) Faction based system instead of FFA <- It can't get worse than people killing you because 'you are evil'.

3) PvE to PvP <- Even worse than 1) since with previous expansions/DoV release Raiders had the upper hand no matter what.

4) Seperated gear/stat sets <- Just a plain misconception .. if you get jumped midfight you are mincemeated or at least at an extreme disadvantage. I'd love it if simply all gear from white drops to mythicals would have the exact same stats in pvp (which is no problem with how equalized gear is these days) .. that would also solve 1).

Valonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #100
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Notice this guy hasn't responded to any of this....lol

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #101
Deneir_Allaston

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

What are your current concerns with the state of PvP in EQ2?

Separation of PvP/PvE stats?PvP Mechanics?Warfronts?Battlegrounds?Flying Mounts?Population?Something else?

Feel free to prioritize them in a list such as the one above.

Q) Separation of PvP/PvE Stats?

A) I have been against this from the start. Probably one of the more damaging PvP Mechanics in place right now for the overall health of the Ruleset. PvE statistics should have never been seperated from PvP in the first place. Player damage should have been tuned (Auto-Attack/Abilities/Spells), PvP Gear should have been tuned (fixed/improved with sets added as needed), and Toughness should have been removed from gear and perhaps changed to be a natural derivative statistic of Stamina (since everyone has it in varying amounts).

Players should have reason to use PvE or PvP aquired equipment in varying situations on our Ruleset, neither should be completely trivialized by the other.

Q) PvP Mechanics?

A) Immunity spheres need to be reinstituted for the cities of New Halas, Kelethin, and Gorowynn; entering these spheres should cause a Carnage Flag like they once did. The zone wide immunity granted in Frostfang Sea, Greater Faydark, and Timorous Deep needs to be removed - PvP should be viable at level 10 like it was originally in EQ2.

The way players earn "Discord" faction needs to be changed as well... ALL player kills should grant a base of 10 Discord faction if the player is Unranked, 15 for Hunters, 20 for Slayers, and so on as long as the player is not on the killers /Recent list. This faction would essentially be earned naturally along with Royal Antonican Guard or Lucanic Knight faction. Additional Discord faction would come from Warfront or Writ completions.

Players should have a chance to be drawn into combat by "On Take Hostile PvP Hit" (elaborated on below).

Q) Flying Mounts?

A) I suggested an in-depth solution to the "Mounts in PvP" issue a long time ago so just resubmitting the idea:

1) 5% Chance that "On Take Hostile PvP Hit" will draw an opponent into "PvP Combat".

2) 25% Chance that "On Take Hostile PvP Hit" will forcibly dismount a mounted opponent; they will remain "Out of Combat" and be on foot with a "Dismounted" debuff that denies them access to their mounts travel modes and speed for a period of 30 seconds. After 30 seconds have elapsed the debuff fades and they are automatically re-mounted (they essentially never lose the mount buff, just the movement benefits while the debuff is active).

3) 50% Chance that "On Take Hostile PvP Hit" will forcibly ground a Flier, Glider, or Leaper that is in the air; they will remain "Out of Combat" and on their mount but are forced to the ground with a "Grounded" debuff that renders them unable to fly, glide, or leap for a period of 30 seconds.

4) Warfront flags should force a "Grounded" state while active on a player, the Warfront flag itself would remove itself if the player zones out of the Warfront.

Other suggestions in addition to those above:

1) Add "Bolas" as a Weaponsmith crafted Charm (Optional) item with 5 charges (5 Minute Reuse), 2 second cast time, and a 2-35 meter range. These can be used to force a "Dismounted" debuff effect on a mounted enemy.

2) Add "Gnomish Net-Cannon" as a Tinkerer crafted Charm (Optional) item with 5 charges (5 Minute Reuse), 2 second cast time, and a 2-75 meter range. These can be used to force a "Grounded" debuff effect on a mounted enemy that is flying, gliding, or leaping.

3) Add "Bolas" and "Gnomish Net-Cannon" as described above to the "PvP Vintage Wares" Merchant buyable with Status and Coin.

Additional note on the proposed "Dismounted" and "Grounded" debuffs: while active they would not be able to be refreshed by additional attacks however once the debuff fades it could be reapplied again immediately - there would be no immunity granted for "Dismounted" or "Grounded" states.

Q) Warfronts?

A) These should have been what the PvP Servers got instead of Battlegrounds. Good idea on paper but the implementation was awful (sorry honest opinion). These should have been randomly occuring "regions of conflict" based on Territory Control, players could have been charged with gaining and holding a series of logistically sensible control points in a given Warfront to win. Total victories could grant Tokens, Faction, and perhaps a zonewide buff to players of the appropriate level in the region.

The Warfronts would all ideally be Tier based set in any of the games overland zones... so the 10-19 Warfront would "pop" in either Antonica/Commonlands/Greater Faydark/Frostfang Sea/Timorous Deep, the 20-29 Warfront would be in Thundering Steppes/Nektulos Forest/Butcherblock Mountains, 30-39 Enchanted Lands/Zek/Steamfont Mountains, 40-49 Everfrost/Feerott/Lavastorm and so on: all the way to 90 with Odus or Velious zones being the areas of conflict at 80-90.

Q) Battlegrounds?

A) Battlegrounds should probably be a feature of PvE Rulesets specifically and disabled on PvP Rulesets, they are yet another "feature" that removes people from the Open World and real PvP engagements.

Q) Population?

A) Population is clearly in decline primarily due to the direction PvP has been taken by the various PvP Mechanic changes that began to take shape during the Sentinel's Fate expansion and culminated with the changes in the Destiny of Velious expansion and GU60. The absolute lack of development time since GU60 has all but driven away most peoples interest in the Ruleset as it is, its like being in some bizarre state of "playability" limbo.

Q) Something else?

A) Im sorry but it is utterly impossible to sum up my PvP complaints in "20 words or less". I have tried to be as brief as possible but I could honestly write pages upon pages about the issues with just the specific points outlined in your post alone. I have been playing EQ2 PvP since day one and I must say its truely disappointing to see what has become of it since Kingdom of Sky and Echoes of Faydwer. I believe it is encouraging and important that you developers make posts like this one to take honest feedback regarding the many PvP issues that have accrued over time. Players need to know that you developers are making a sincere effort to restore PvP to the way it should be in EQ2, because honestly I think many on our Ruleset feel entirely forgotten at the moment.

Deneir_Allaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #102
alabama

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

thats is a totally different issue. what you are referring to is the fact that because they have no clue how to itemize and balance the gear they make, the sets we are suposed to use are not really viable. and btw i know you have only been here coattailing good players on nagafen for a few months now but let me clue you in on something. any raider with his choice of gear who can add in a few key pieces of pvp gear will steamroll anyone who cant get raid gear. you are already required to raid to compete. fact.

thats why this thread is lolz. doesnt matter how many good ideas we provide, weve been doing that for years, they dont have a shot in hell in applying them without total failsaucing the changes. plus they have bg people giving feedback on pvp. priceless.

you want real pvp list direction...here it is its simple

start.with.someone.who.understands.the.game.mechan ics.itemization.AND.pvp.mechanics.itemization.then .we.can.talk.about.fixes.

until we get a dev that knows both and actually likes pvp and wants to make it better we dont stand a chance with getting ANYthing fixed.

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #103
GussJr

Loremaster

I know many disagree, but I gave up on PVP when they further separated the gear. My primary enjoyment from this game in PVE. Many others feel the same. For us, this further separation in gear made our preferred mode of game play not useful for PVP. So there was no really reason to stay on Naggy anymore. 

I understand the argument that the game has matured to the point that this separation became necessary. I'm not sure if I totally believe this, there were a few suggested changes when this was on test that seemed worth trying, but ultimately that's not how the cards fell. 

For those who are done w/ PVE, of course this change was welcome. But it's also one of several reasons why some people like myself stopped PVP'ing. I was never a hard core PVP'er, but I was more than a complete noob / scrub, I probably represented the casual / mid-tier PVP'ers. For those who love PVP, fewer people like me is never a good thing. 

This, entirely = exactly how I feel. 

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #104
Ruari
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Remove the seperation of pvp/pve gear please. 

Ruari

Ruari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #105

Loremaster

GussJr wrote:

This, entirely = exactly how I feel. 

please do not remove the separation of pvp/pve gear.

i understand that this separation made some pve'ers lose interest in pvp. thats sad and i wouldnt even mind if their raid gear would be nearly as good as pvp gear (in pvp) but if we get back to "raid gear > all" (in pvp)... then... well then most of the real pvp'ers would...

a) ...raid again and thus pvp less or...

b) ...stop playing this game for pvp (at least i would).

---

exquisitor (inquis)

balancer (warden)

escapist (coercer)

29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #106
Talathion

Loremaster

BGs should be based on the PVE Ruleset (like dueling).

BG Armor should have PVE Stats And Blue/Yellow Slots (High Critical Mitigation).

BG Armor should have Higher Str/Sta/Wis/Int/Agi.

Winning a BG Should have a chest with tokens/reward.

Remove Frozen Tundra

Add a merchant that lets Battlegrounds players buy old PVP Gear from the PVP server and trade-in BG tokens for discord tokens.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #107
alabama

Loremaster

fail troll fails.

someone band this tool from the pvp threads please.

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #108
Crismorn

Loremaster

alabama wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

thats is a totally different issue. what you are referring to is the fact that because they have no clue how to itemize and balance the gear they make, the sets we are suposed to use are not really viable. and btw i know you have only been here coattailing good players on nagafen for a few months now but let me clue you in on something. any raider with his choice of gear who can add in a few key pieces of pvp gear will steamroll anyone who cant get raid gear. you are already required to raid to compete. fact.

thats why this thread is lolz. doesnt matter how many good ideas we provide, weve been doing that for years, they dont have a shot in hell in applying them without total failsaucing the changes. plus they have bg people giving feedback on pvp. priceless.

you want real pvp list direction...here it is its simple

start.with.someone.who.understands.the.game.mechan ics.itemization.AND.pvp.mechanics.itemization.then .we.can.talk.about.fixes.

until we get a dev that knows both and actually likes pvp and wants to make it better we dont stand a chance with getting ANYthing fixed.

That's pretty funny considering I'm exiled by myself and have been wearing the coat for years.

Raiders have advantages for 15ish slots, but non raiders are still able to stay competitive, removing gear seperation would make it impossible to compete against a raider without raid gear.

I doubt many want that back again, if SoE wants it back then there is nothing more I can say except know that raid gear will be a requirement for PvP

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #109
Splatterpunk28

Loremaster

PvP/PvE separation is the best thing they could have done and should be further developed to distinguish gear/abilities even more. 

Raiders should not get virtually instant PvP wins because they are PvE addicts.  Combat is way too much about gear for this to be the case.  You want to rule in PvP you should have to work for it with PvP.

Personally I think they need to make getting PvP gear more difficult.  Like no warfronts flag to receive tokens unless you engage in PvP combat during that warfront.  And make pvp tokens no trade -- not heirloom.

Infamy is a joke and should be changed or completely removed.  It has never reflected pvp skills.  At this point infamy simply encourages people to not engage in anything resembling a fair fight  -- this is hurting world pvp when it's already going through it's death throes.

Splatterpunk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #110
Ssue
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

Separating the gear was not the best thing they have done, it has further dwindled our population.  Raiders no longer PvP because their time spent raiding, acquiring armor, does them no good in PvP.  I can’t pop into a raid, or even some instance groups because my time spent PvPing does nothing to help me PvE.  I want to play the whole game, not choose what part of it to play!  How is it one person’s time is more valuable than another’s?  We all should be able to play this game, as we choose, and not be excluded from another aspect of game play.  EVERYONE’S time is valuable!

- PvP and raid gear (armor, weapons, jewelry) should be equal, if not the same

- PvP gear should be tiered.  Perhaps you need to have a full set before you can buy the next tier.  Also, the cost should drop as time passes since raiders would have the advantage of farming lower tiers to gear new players or alts.

- Greater PvP gear should not be purchasable until the raid equivalent has been discovered on the server.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #111
thephantomposter

Loremaster

I say remove BG's, this should be only for non-pvp servers, why leave a pvp server for pvp? We are trying to increase pvp on a pvp server.

Remove quick travel, the more everyone is made to travel, the more likely you are to come across pvp.

PVP gear should be hard to obtain and not the standard.

Immunity in cities only, pvp should start at lvl 10 again.

Remove Leapers and Flying mounts and slow down land mounts.

population - bottom line, something needs to lure people out into the world of pvp so that we can pvp. Questing, harvesting, shinies, PQs, warfields (I don't like it myself, need to fix the onesided problem) are things we have so far.

Pvp Hot zones?

Monsters like Epics but not so tough that both factions fight each other over and fight the monster?

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #112
Muusic
Server: Venekor
Guild: New Age

Loremaster

Stop nerfing abilities in PVP

Stop Nerfing Gear in PVP

Allow all stats to work in ALL gameplay.

STOP changing the mechanics.

Muusic 92-320AA Troub/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Imyourr 92-320AA Dirge/92 Grandmaster Tailor-Venekor born

Wecanbe 92 - 320AA Warden/92 Grandmaster Provisioner

Myndtrixx 92/320AA Illusionist - Antonia bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight - Nagafen

Silencess 92-320AA Conji/92 Grandmaster Sage- Venekor born

Alisylent 92/320AA Ranger/92 Grandmaster Weaponsmith- Antonia Bayle

Amphlify 92 - 320AA Dirge Antonia Bayle

Smiiles 92-320AA Monk/92 Grandmaster Jeweler-Antonia Bayle

Avithax 92 - 320AA Shadowknight/92 Grandmaster Alchemist - Antonia Bayle

Playforr - 92/320AA Defiler - Antonia Bayle

Muusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #113
Talathion

Loremaster

Would be nice if there was a poll as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:10 AM   #114
Talathion

Loremaster

Would be nice if there was a poll as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #115
Sasquatch

Lord

I honestly hope the Dev's were expecting this much feedback after making this thread. There is just too much that needs fixed so i hope they read and take this all into consideration and not get overwhelmed.
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #116
EndevorX

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

Separation of PvP/PvE stats?PvP Mechanics?Warfronts?Battlegrounds?Flying Mounts?Population?Something else?

Revised/Consolidated: 22 Points of Awesome-O for EQII PvP > EDITED 6-31-2011 10:55 AM -7 GMT

i suppose 30 points, given that there's a subordinate point on warfield/public quest design

24.) allow PvP while flying

25.) disable leaping/gliding on Nagafen at least thursday-monday (tues/wed being leaper/glider days)

26.) end warfield downtime, instate only a 10 minute hiatus between next round initiation

please take note of 16c (16 = hardmode version of PvP gear), which is post #4 in that thread =]

16c.) forging trinkets into their final product should require at least 10-50 kills in all encounter sizes, up to a full group (while solo, in a duo, trio, etc).

i'd also add 16d.) require a certain # of writs completed from a HARDMODE PvP WRIT AGENT, which only appears in zones flagged as a PVP HOT ZONE for the day (inspired from the last post in that thread via yellowbelly08 )

i also agree that it isn't realistic to suggest the complications with eq2 be refined into 20 words or less, because...

...i cant add the 24th-30th points into the TPOAFEP due to character limitations.

27.) the dungeon finder & battlegrounds must be sure to not allow entry if engaged in combat, as well. can't remember if that's still a problem for battlegrounds or not. ;o

28.) faction balance fame reset nullification as an incentive to betray (tallies should be assembled per tier, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90)

[email protected] wrote:

3.) Faction Balance - Yes, players can choose what faction they play in, but why let the life of the game suffer?

A. On Nagafen, Qeynos UNDOUBTEDLY outnumbers Freeport at level 90. This results in unenjoyable warfields, due to the lack of a contest. B. Open betrayal ABSENT SPELL FAME LOSS according to the relative tier/faction imbalance. - Players would be warned, UPON STARTING OR PROGRESSING the questline that would make them an Exile, that they would keep their spells fame if they successfully betrayed to the needy opposite faction & remained the same class. - Players would also be warned that, if they tried to return to the faction w/ an active player surplus/excess, they would lose their spells fame.  B1. If a player is active (clocking in feats that would award adventurer XP) for 3+ hours a week, they are included in the weekly "balance" tally as "active players". B2. The tally would be recounted every week during a server downtime, to ensure no extra load would be on the server to accomodate this algorithm for equity. - The algorithm would check to see if adventurer XP would've been awarded at 5 minute intervals (once every 5 mins). - 36+ confirmed 5 minute intervals of adv. XP gain would tag a character an "active player" - After 40 confirmed 5 minute intervals of adv. XP gain, the algorithm would ignore review of that player, to bypass unnecessary strain on the bandwidth performing these calculations. B3. "Welcome_Info" would display how many more players in your tier could betray & keep your spells fame.  - Active players wouldn't subtract from the allotment of "smuggled" betrayers required to obtain balance UNTIL they SUCCESSFULLY switched from good to evil, or vice versa.  - If the allotment is reached, players would be warned of their impending spell fame loss UPON STARTING OR PROGRESSING the questline that would make them an Exile.  - Active players already Exiled during the tally would be disregarded from the active player count B4. Balance Tally Example:  - Freeport has 593 LVL 90 active players (doing feats that would otherwise award adv. XP for 3+ hrs/week)  - Freeport has 904 LVL 90 inactive players (doing feats that would otherwise award adv. XP for less than 3 hrs/week)  - Qeynos has 864 LVL 90 active players  - Qeynos has 1203 LVL 90 inactive players  - Qeynosian "Welcome_Info" menus would identify 271 spell-reserving fame-reserving slots of SUCCESSFUL betrayal to the opposite faction, as the same class.

29.) more novel PvP mounts (flying/leaping, etc)

30.) actual PvP rank seasons with associated leaderboards & quality rewards

30a.) Choice of PvE item granted & made PvP (custom item name) -- "made PvP" is a possibly null condition if PvE/PvP separation is appropriately abolished

30b.) Choice of item having class restrictions removed (custom item name)

30c.) Choice of mount granted & given PvP on top of its normal PvE mods (custom mount name)

30d.) Choice of account amnesty (perma-ban lifting)

30e.) Custom appearance gear texture & particle effect (custom item names)

30f.) Custom mount appearance texture & particle effect (custom item names)

30g.) Custom title

31.) Actually instate cross-faction chat through either "/shout" or "/ooc". We were told one would be, & we're wrongly left with only "/say" as cross-faction. Please fix ASAP.

yes, eq2 pvp would be perfect if my list was adhered to.

but i believe the complications lay in either budget or design vision bureacracy. we on dat disappointment time brahs.

EndevorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #117
Kimber
Guild: Rapture

Loremaster

crap

Guild Sickpuppies
Kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #118
Ssue
Guild: Replaced

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Rothgar wrote:

Fixed!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #119
Neskonlith

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

wall of text that looks like ~20 pages of stuff

SOE asked for feedback in "20 words or LESS", but then again many others have been posting novels as well.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #120
Lark42

Loremaster

Problem: With mounts in their current state, escape from all PvP engagement is far too easy. A majority of players encountered in the wild will simply run/hop/glide/fly away. This leads to actual PvP encounters that are few and far between, ruining the PvP server experience.

Solution: Negate mount speed bonuses while under attack by another player.

Lark42 is offline   Reply With Quote