EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Wormgirlie

The Quiet Type

Hi hi!

I didn't see anything mentioned about the discount for 10+ guildies this year.  Is that going to be offered and if so, could you please describe the breakdown of the discount based on the tiers of registration?

Thanks!!

Wormgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Bocephous

The Quiet Type

Bump

Bocephous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Good question. As we are from a Euro guild we are struggling with the number normally, but still a good question SMILEY

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Xa

Still looking for an answer on this topic, as we had 20+ come from our guild last year and would like to get accurate pricing to them again this year well in advance.

Xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Ashlanne

Project Manager

There is not a guild discount this year... 

We had a lot of folks making up guilds to get the discount in years past so the decision was made to not do it this year.  

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Patancia

Happy Camper

That's a shame. We had fun trying to get as many guildies as we could. It probably won't be as easy to get them up and going without the discount.

Patancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

Without reading the whole thread, I had the idea of "wow people would just create guilds just to be able to go" then I read Ashlanne's post and there ya have it.

I agree with the choice.

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Crabbok

Board Veteran

I'm betting that you will however, be able to get a group discount on some other aspects of the trip, perhaps a group discount for a show?   Or maybe you can all share a hotel room and take pictures of the ensuing hilarity!

Crabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
Tulisin_Emarr

Happy Camper

Guild benefits need not necessarily be in the form of a discount, but I do believe the "Hey, 9 of us are going you should come to!" thing wins extra registrations in the end. Perhaps some sort of in-game award could be offered to guilds that get x number of people. Guild hall items for EQ2, special banners for EQ1, etc. Something to think about for next year, maybe.
Tulisin_Emarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
Wolfet

hmm only imagine if they had some sort of database kind of thing where they could cross check said guilds...  just sayin

Wolfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #11
Lera

Happy Camper

Wolfette wrote:

hmm only imagine if they had some sort of database kind of thing where they could cross check said guilds...  just sayin

Then people would just join a guild in-game right before Fan Faire, keep it around until they get the discount, and leave.

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Crystilla

SOE Community Council

If you play one of the games that gets the next expansion for free for attending Fan Faire, that could definitely be a hook for you.  $65 registration - $40 expansion cost = $25 registration only could be an enticement (using one game example only).  Yes, there is airfare, food, expense money and hotel.

But if it's a registration cost thing it's one thing to dangle.

Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #13
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Lera wrote:

Wolfette wrote:

Then people would just join a guild in-game right before Fan Faire, keep it around until they get the discount, and leave.

This is what was happening too...

Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #14
Zornhed

The Quiet Type

Ashlanne wrote:

Lera wrote:

Wolfette wrote:

This is what was happening too...

I blame Tri**ity

Zornhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #15
SG_01

Valued Contributor

Crabbok wrote:

I'm betting that you will however, be able to get a group discount on some other aspects of the trip, perhaps a group discount for a show?   Or maybe you can all share a hotel room and take pictures of the ensuing hilarity!

10+ people in one room? That'd be one hell of a chaos!

SG_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #16
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

Ashlanne wrote:

There is not a guild discount this year... 

We had a lot of folks making up guilds to get the discount in years past so the decision was made to not do it this year.  

Gotta love it when people choose to deliberately undermine the rules and ruin benefits for others.

Ylyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #17
Jo

I actually never received any benefit from the 'guild discount' last year.  It was supposed to be credited to your account after Faire, but I never saw any credit at all....

Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #18
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Joie wrote:

I actually never received any benefit from the 'guild discount' last year.  It was supposed to be credited to your account after Faire, but I never saw any credit at all....

can you please drop me an email at [email protected] with your account name you registered with and the guild so I can look into it.

Thanks so much!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
Starrla

Happy Camper

Crystilla wrote:

If you play one of the games that gets the next expansion for free for attending Fan Faire, that could definitely be a hook for you.  $65 registration - $40 expansion cost = $25 registration only could be an enticement (using one game example only).  Yes, there is airfare, food, expense money and hotel.

But if it's a registration cost thing it's one thing to dangle.

More to dangle than just the expansion.  All the activities, prizes given out, panel talks, banquet and much more.  One gets alot for the price.  If one was to buy it all seperately I bet it would cost more.

Starrla is offline   Reply With Quote