EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #31
Tulvarus

The Quiet Type

This is going to be real trouble for international platnium pass holders and people coming to vegas early, whats going to happen if I get to Vegas and my pass hasn't arrived? I'm i not going to be able to get into FanFaire? Bad idea to announce this 2 weeks before the start of FanFaire.

Tul

Tulvarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #32
Graye

Happy Camper

Tulvarus wrote:

This is going to be real trouble for international platnium pass holders and people coming to vegas early, whats going to happen if I get to Vegas and my pass hasn't arrived? I'm i not going to be able to get into FanFaire? Bad idea to announce this 2 weeks before the start of FanFaire.

Tul

I'm no SOE employee, but I'm sure they can account for it and is why they're sending the e-mail.

If you can't be around for the pass to be delievered, they should have it for checking in.

Graye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #33
Kela

Master

Graye wrote:

Tulvarus wrote:

Tul

I'm no SOE employee, but I'm sure they can account for it and is why they're sending the e-mail.

If you can't be around for the pass to be delievered, they should have it for checking in.

When they had trouble finding passholders last year, cause the computers where connected to the wrong network, they where able to create Temporary passes, so I am sure if nessicary they would be able to provide those atleast.

BTW, with all this questioning about Plat Pass holders, what do Gold Pass holders get that Bronze passholders don't?

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:14 AM   #34
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

Our passes are being mailed? I paid for the Plat pass and have gotten nothing in the mail as of yet...today is the 17th of July. What happens if I dont get my badge before I fly out to Vegas?I paid alot of money for air-fare and hotel cost to get the best of the best.Maybe I'm getting worried over nothing...I guess I'll wait another week or 2 to get my pass/badge.My fear is getting there with no pass and being told...We mailed it to you!!! You shall not pass!!!

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
SG_01

Valued Contributor

soehatesshamen wrote:

Our passes are being mailed? I paid for the Plat pass and have gotten nothing in the mail as of yet...today is the 17th of July. What happens if I dont get my badge before I fly out to Vegas?I paid alot of money for air-fare and hotel cost to get the best of the best.Maybe I'm getting worried over nothing...I guess I'll wait another week or 2 to get my pass/badge.My fear is getting there with no pass and being told...We mailed it to you!!! You shall not pass!!!

They said: "Look forward to the e-mail send out somewhere next week" where next week is the week of 19 - 23 July.

SG_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #36
Kela

Master

SG_01 wrote:

soehatesshamen wrote:

They said: "Look forward to the e-mail send out somewhere next week" where next week is the week of 19 - 23 July.

They also have computers that can look you up, if you don't get a pass in the mail. Heck, last year, do to errors in setting up the pass look-up computers, they could not find my name in the computer, so I had to goto the error desk to get a temp pass. It took longer cause they had to look on a printed list but I did get my pass.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #37
Isror

The Quiet Type

Kela wrote:

SG_01 wrote:

soehatesshamen wrote:

They also have computers that can look you up, if you don't get a pass in the mail. Heck, last year, do to errors in setting up the pass look-up computers, they could not find my name in the computer, so I had to goto the error desk to get a temp pass. It took longer cause they had to look on a printed list but I did get my pass.

Yeah, I really don't like the idea of SOE mailing our passes, and given the current fiscal state of the USPS, I don't use them for anything (FedEx or UPS only at this point).

Make sure you print your reciept from Station just in case ladies and gents.

Isror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #38
Kela

Master

You don't have to worry about it if you don't get the pass in the mail in time. THEY HAVE THE RECORDS of your buying the pass and will be able to GIVE YOU a new one ON SITE when you arrive. They just have to look it up.

Heck, I just looked at my personal Payment history and it shows every payment I have made to them going back to Aug 2003, wich is when I first started playing SWG, my first SoE game.

They have a VPN connection to thier account servers, they can look you up, that is how they verify you when they hand out the passes at the registration desk. I know because I was nearly the first person in line last year, and because the plugged those computers into the wrong VPN router, they where unable to find my sign-up via computer, but EVEN THEN I was still able to get a vaild event pass, because they had PRINTED LISTS of everyone who signed up.

They got these things covered. Don't worry, you WILL be able to get in to the VIP events, and such.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #39
broojij

Happy Camper

lol platimum here... +2  SMILEY

broojij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #40
DragonGem

Happy Camper

Don't we usually get our goodie bags at sign in?  If they mail our badges how will this work?

DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Irish

Journeyman

No the bags were a seperate pick up last two years, assuming the bags will be waiting for us to get in the platinum lounge.Especially since the plat bags are supposed to be different from the regular bag.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Kela

Master

For atleast the last 3 Fan Faires(the only ones I have been to) the pick-ups where seperate from the registration/bag pick-up area. At the Rio it was a Seperate Bag Pick-up counter, outside the Lounge, at the Hilton, and Bally's it was in the player's lounge itself. So my guess is special bag pick-up will be in the special Plat. Pass Lounge.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #43
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

I have been to the last 5 ff's.I have never had a different line to stand in to get my goodie-bag.I have stood in line  for hours trying to advoid the LONG lines...I have shown my id got my pass and was moved on to get my goodie bag.I was moved along and got my t-shirt and bag...I watched many people going back and getting 2 or even 3 t-shirts and goodie-gags...

People were being greedy and getting more than what they should have gotten, How is this goning to be different this year? Are the plat passes the only ones being mailed out? Its now the 20th of July and I havent gotten my pass mailed to me yet.Like I have said before...I dont want to get to the FF and be told...too bad for you...

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #44
Kela

Master

soehatesshamen wrote:

I have been to the last 5 ff's.I have never had a different line to stand in to get my goodie-bag.I have stood in line  for hours trying to advoid the LONG lines...I have shown my id got my pass and was moved on to get my goodie bag.I was moved along and got my t-shirt and bag...I watched many people going back and getting 2 or even 3 t-shirts and goodie-gags...

People were being greedy and getting more than what they should have gotten, How is this goning to be different this year? Are the plat passes the only ones being mailed out? Its now the 20th of July and I havent gotten my pass mailed to me yet.Like I have said before...I dont want to get to the FF and be told...too bad for you...

It is a seperate area, you don't get the stuff at the registration desk. That area does eventually form a fairly short line, just not as long as the Reg. Line because people have to pass though the Reg line first. Both at the Hilton 2 years ago and Bally's last year, the SWAG Bag Pickup was inside the Lounge, and at the Rio it was at a seperate Window.

As for not getting the Plat pass in time...like I have said repeatedly they have these cool devices called computers, with them they can look your name up on a list and see what pass you bought, and then give you a replacement one if you haven't received yours yet.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #45
Tulvarus

The Quiet Type

So I just got an email

Dear Platinum Attendee,

As a special thanks to you for purchasing a Platinum Badge to Fan Faire, we will be mailing your badge to your home address in advance of the show! We will be using the address we have on file through your badge purchase so please check your registration confirmation for accuracy. If you would like to make a change to the address provided, please contact [email protected] no later than Friday, July 23rd. Don't forget to bring your Platinum Badge with you!

As a reminder, your platinum badge entitles you to:

• A premium Fan Faire T-shirt
  • A premium Fan Faire Gift Bag
  • A variety of Fan Faire in-game items (see website for details)!
  • One (1) complimentary digital copy of the upcoming 17th EverQuest® expansion pack*
  • One (1) complimentary digital copy of the upcoming 7th EverQuest® II expansion pack*
  • Unlimited green screen photos with the backgrounds of your choice!
  • VIP Check-In Lounge for Platinum Pass Holders only!
  • Priority/early access to the Welcome Reception, Party and Banquet!

Once you arrive onsite, please proceed to the Platinum Lounge, located in the Silver Ballroom (next door to the main exhibit space in Platinum/Gold). The Platinum Lounge will be open from 3PM to 8PM on Thursday, August 5th, 10AM to 8PM on Friday, August 6th and 10AM to 8PM on Saturday, August 7th. You will need to present this badge and a photo ID to receive your gift bag and wrist bands.

Your wrist bands will be required for early access to events and the Platinum Lounge.

Please continue to check the Fan Faire schedule online for show updates! We look forward to seeing you at the show!

Regards, The Sony Online Entertainment Events Team

*Entitlement awarded to the Station Account used for Fan Faire registration

Now I fif send a message to SOE at the address above asking what happens if it doesnt arive in time, since if the badges don't go out till friday, im not sure how they are going to make it to Canada in 5 days. I'll post any reply I get

Tul

Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #46
Kela

Master

I would go ahead and send the email, but I am sure that they will have those computer things that will let them know that you paid for your plat pass, just like it shows if people bought the Gold or bronze passes.

::EDIT::

I do have to ask, why are you heading out 9 days prior to the event?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #47
Tulvarus

The Quiet Type

Actually leaving for Vegas on the 1st of Aug so July 30th is the last mailing day for me, and while I know they will be able to look it up, I would like to hear from somebody in SOE to confirm this, just call me paranoid

Tul

btw how do you edit a post, i need to fix some spelling mistakes on my last post.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #48
Miza

They should be able to look it up. Last year they weren't able to find mine so i got a handwritten badge instead. Was the only one in my group so it stood out and got alot of comments. LOL But i am also in the same boat I leave from ohio to go to vegas on the 2nd, reason being to hit a show and do the vegas stuff before  fan faire.

Miz

Miza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #49
Kela

Master

Tulvarus wrote:

Actually leaving for Vegas on the 1st of Aug so July 30th is the last mailing day for me, and while I know they will be able to look it up, I would like to hear from somebody in SOE to confirm this, just call me paranoid

Tul

btw how do you edit a post, i need to fix some spelling mistakes on my last post.

There should be an Edit Button on your post next to the Reply and Quote buttons. Though some Forums restrict it to people of suffecant rank, meaning you might not have posted enough to get it, that I don't know.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #50
Kela

Master

Mizana wrote:

They should be able to look it up. Last year they weren't able to find mine so i got a handwritten badge instead. Was the only one in my group so it stood out and got alot of comments. LOL But i am also in the same boat I leave from ohio to go to vegas on the 2nd, reason being to hit a show and do the vegas stuff before  fan faire.

Miz

Where you one of the first people though the line? cause I had that problem too, and got the hand written badge, then got a real badge once they figured out they had the Computeres plugged in wrong. SMILEY

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #51
Shailas

Happy Camper

Well crap this is a problem for me.  I'm coming from Japan and there is no practical way that badge is going to get here before I leave on the third of August.  Unless SOE is going to fork over the bucks to express mail it and I doubt it.  I hope there is a provision for picking it up at the fair or something.  Time to send an email.

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #52
Miza

Nope I was prolly a good few hundred people back at least i never did get a "real badge" i liked my handwritten one though. Mine was prolly just missing or whatever. I know they searched for a few minutes then sent me over to the other booth for them to look up my account see I paid then asked what I wanted on the badge.

Miz

Miza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 AM   #53
acidze

I am also a bit concerned about when they are mailing out.  I am heading out on the 31st.  I know Kela is saying not to worry...but you aren't  a red name so it doesn't really mean much when it comes down to things as far as SOE goes.   I think this mail out decision was poorly made and a last minute thing.  Now I am potentially going to have a hassle when I get to FF because I might not have my pass...some "VIP" thing that will be.

acidze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #54
Shailas

Happy Camper

Well email sent, let's see what I get back.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #55
Aerinn

The Quiet Type

My wife and I are coming from Australia.  I'm very doubtful that we'll have our badges by the time we leave, but who knows, maybe Sony understands that they can't email them to us. SMILEY

So long as they know I paid when we get there I'll live with it.

Aerinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #56
fma

Coming from a VIP holder, no offense to soney, but sounds like I last ditch effort to make the plat pass more useful.

My solution is a whole lot simpler and cheaper, let us have more time with the devs. (free!)

Thats why I bought the plat pass and am coming to fan faire for the first time, so I could talk to some people (devs) about some things theve done with eq/eq2.

Ashlanne please pass this on for me.

fma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #57
fma

fmarz wrote:

Coming from a VIP holder, no offense to soney, but sounds like I last ditch effort to make the plat pass more useful.

My solution is a whole lot simpler and cheaper, let us have more time with the devs. (free!)

Thats why I bought the plat pass and am coming to fan faire for the first time, so I could talk to some people (devs) about some things theve done with eq/eq2.

Crud, how can anyone take me seriously when I misspelled "Sony".....sorry I was typing on a phone.

And what I meant by "more time with the devs", was maybe priority or one on one time with them as I would imagine everyone is trying to bother them all fan faire long with "NERF SK's TEH ARE OP". I was hoping with plat pass I could get to avoid some of that....

but then again I could be wrong as I have never been to a fan faire like I said

Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #58
Kela

Master

fmarz wrote:

fmarz wrote:

Crud, how can anyone take me seriously when I misspelled "Sony".....sorry I was typing on a phone.

And what I meant by "more time with the devs", was maybe priority or one on one time with them as I would imagine everyone is trying to bother them all fan faire long with "NERF SK's TEH ARE OP". I was hoping with plat pass I could get to avoid some of that....

Honestly, there is plenty of time to talk to the devs, atleast the last three years I have gone there was. IMO the best time is at the "After Hours" event in the main lounge, cause it isn't nearly as crowed and easy to talk to them, also you can usually talk to them between panels, especally if they are not part of the next panel in the room, just try to get a seat near the front so you can get in front.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #59
Shailas

Happy Camper

Ashlanne rocks!  She talked to the Fan Faire Team and made arrangements for folks to pick up badges at the event instead of having them mailed to you if that is desired.  However you need to send her a PM to make this happen.  She posted a sticky note up top of this forum with more information.

I shall buy her a beverage of her choice at the event.  SMILEY

Old 07-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #60
fma

Kela wrote:

fmarz wrote:

fmarz wrote:

Honestly, there is plenty of time to talk to the devs, atleast the last three years I have gone there was. IMO the best time is at the "After Hours" event in the main lounge, cause it isn't nearly as crowed and easy to talk to them, also you can usually talk to them between panels, especally if they are not part of the next panel in the room, just try to get a seat near the front so you can get in front.

Ahh, where is that on the schedule? http://www.soefanfaire.com/schedule.vm or does that just happen every night? Thanks for your advice!