EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
siphara

General

Can the developers just check the states of the classes in PvP, particulary Rangers, Assassins and a few other obviously gimped/over-powered classes.

Then we don't all need to make threads which are constanly trolled, go one for 15+ pages boring insults, name calling and whatever which subsequently locks the thread anyway.

Nothing is learnt from these threads.... and nothing is gained....

The developers will do what they want regardless of what the community say on these boards..

P.S. I'm not going to respond to this thread, but have fun SMILEY

siphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
Sightless

Loremaster

I suppose they could nerf all the top scouts again, but I have a strong suspision GU-36 was enough. I mean Assassins are still getting 4k+ Decaps, and Brigands can still stun lock players for a pretty long time. Grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 AM   #3
Kram337

Loremaster

Yea be careful what you wish for. One time I was way overpowered! not cause of my class but cause I just rock and so the devs came and broke 2 of my fingers. They called it 'balance' and it worked. cause now I die a lot more.
Kram337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #4
Norrsken

Loremaster

Kram337 wrote:
Yea be careful what you wish for. One time I was way overpowered! not cause of my class but cause I just rock and so the devs came and broke 2 of my fingers. They called it 'balance' and it worked. cause now I die a lot more.
I usually handicap myself every time I go on a binge, so they just need to send me some booze if they wanna nerf me a bit. SMILEY

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
siphara

General

Sightless wrote:
I suppose they could nerf all the top scouts again, but I have a strong suspision GU-36 was enough. I mean Assassins are still getting 4k+ Decaps, and Brigands can still stun lock players for a pretty long time. Grass is always greener on the other side.

So much for not replying.

You mention 4k+? I speculate this as pure fiction. A ssomeone with around 520 STR and M1 Dceap, I have no where near hit someone for 4k after GU-36.

Unless you have proof, please do not post large numbers like this, because it makes people beleive and think of strange things.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
siphara

General

Also "Sightless" you posted this:

Since you want a Rangers buffs, wouldn't it be feasible to give the Ranger your debuffs as well? I mean really debuffs are just as good as buffs in a PvP setting and you're debuffs are far superior to a Rangers.

Or, or, I know.. Sniper Shot (Master I) can do the damage Decapitate (Master I) does, 5000-11000 damage. SWEET!

THese are PvE values I assume? because please don't joke and say they relate anything near to PvP.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #7
Vilesummon
Server: Venekor
Guild: Exalted

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:

You mention 4k+? I speculate this as pure fiction. A ssomeone with around 520 STR and M1 Dceap, I have no where near hit someone for 4k after GU-36.

Unless you have proof, please do not post large numbers like this, because it makes people beleive and think of strange things.

I think he is right, as a clothie, I haven't been hit that hard by a decap. I don't know where you got the number from unless you are walking around town with a carnage tag naked. I think the decap was done nicely. I do think brigands can still stun lock more than some would like, but there is one option that can deal with it...group. SKs and HT were balanced nicely too...sad thing is that the last generation of sks (not you old school ones) SUCK. They can't do crap if they don't have their HT up. The old school SKs were scary anytime you fought them, this later generation is [Removed for Content] and pathetic relying too much on a 15 minute skill. Perhaps some of the sks of the old school can teach you guys that you don't need HT to win...or in some cases, still have your [Removed for Content] handed to you.
Vilesummon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Sightless

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:

My cousin who has a 70 Assassin, 804 Strength, and Master I decap doesn't hit below 3000 damage, and reguarly hits for over 4000 damage with his best post GU36 hitting for 6284 damage. Your strength seems very low to me considering my 70 Ranger has 600 strength, yet I rarely get the auto attack damages shown on these boards. My cousin said he will not post, and is dissappointed I did after the Dark Age of Camelot fiasco with people whining all the time, but he says an Assassin should never lose a fight to a Ranger.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Sightless

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Also "Sightless" you posted this:

Since you want a Rangers buffs, wouldn't it be feasible to give the Ranger your debuffs as well? I mean really debuffs are just as good as buffs in a PvP setting and you're debuffs are far superior to a Rangers.

Or, or, I know.. Sniper Shot (Master I) can do the damage Decapitate (Master I) does, 5000-11000 damage. SWEET!

THese are PvE values I assume? because please don't joke and say they relate anything near to PvP.

You said you have Master I Decapitate and you don't know where these values come from?
Old 08-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Geinoch

Loremaster

This isn't getting a boring thread? SMILEY

Genocid Deadwind, Harvester of despair.
Geinoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
Sightless

Loremaster

Bloode, aka Siphar

I'm only posting recently because a lot of scouts on Naggy are concerned with your whining. My cousin and other Assassins are killing casters in two seconds, other scouts, and some druids in three seconds. We're concerned that you don't understand that a lot of other folks believe the top four scouts are still overpowered, and that if they nerf the one scout, a scout you should be able to beat easily, they'll nerf the rest of us as well, like they did in GU36. A lot of scouts on Naggy wish you would quit with this tirade, but alas you havn't and we doubt you will.

Are we scouts still overpowered? No. Were we? Yes.

Brigands, Swashbucklers, Rangers, and Assassins were brought into line with each other, and so far Wizards and Warlocks were brought up to us. We're still on even grounds with Wardens the best T7 healer in the game, but slightly better than Furies. What needs to be done is focus on the Conjuror, the Necromancer and maybe the Illusionist and Coercor only to make them a funner choice and tweak some abilities. As for our lovely plate tanks, I'm not sure what to do for them or if they really need any work.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #12
siphara

General

Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:

My cousin who has a 70 Assassin, 804 Strength, and Master I decap doesn't hit below 3000 damage, and reguarly hits for over 4000 damage with his best post GU36 hitting for 6284 damage. Your strength seems very low to me considering my 70 Ranger has 600 strength, yet I rarely get the auto attack damages shown on these boards. My cousin said he will not post, and is dissappointed I did after the Dark Age of Camelot fiasco with people whining all the time, but he says an Assassin should never lose a fight to a Ranger.

Actually, a fully completely fabled out and STR adorned assassin will have around 590 STR solo, of which my Assassin has around 520 STR solo (no potions included).

Getting 830 str is only possible with certain grouped classes like a fury/defiler etc or whatever and is hardly normal for an assassin to have 800+ str.

The second point is diminishing returns, having 700 or 850 str is a very small difference in damage in melee from your STR.

Timeto/Bloode/Mezyou (Venekor)

Old 08-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #13
siphara

General

Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:

I agree and disagree from a point of view that i have killed and been killed by the best rangers on venekor. I have to do everything perfectly if I am to stand a chance against someone like Jamilia. Whereas, all he has to do is run faster than me with his speed 73% (avoid engagement) buff up on the run, turn and click 1-3 CA and auto attack for around 2-4 seconds to kill me. He loves it when he lets me get engaged with a single blow shot, then he still runs at ~73% or whatever and i'm at 0%.

Actually, yesterday I killed him solo without the pvp belt and I didn't drop below 95%. Everything did go perfect, he didn't resist my smoke bomb and I managed with the aid of frredom of mind potion and perfect timing to get close enough.. to lock him down with jugular etc..

Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #14
siphara

General

My point is that it seems strange that good rangers can kill someone in a few seconds with ease and I have to work so hard for my kills.. and we are supposed to be equal classes on opposite sides.

I know assassin's are supposed to kill in a few seconds, but generally it doesn't work out like that and you find as an assassin you have to adapt very quickly as the battle changes depending who you are fighting and the class.

Against a clothie, sure, but most fights I have with scouts/tanks/healers last 4-5 seconds at best if everything goes right (against scouts and some healers) to 60 seconds if i have to improvise.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
Magius789

Loremaster

In the Assassin and Ranger Auto attack thread on this page Sporik (sp?) has a log posted of zoxuf hitting him/her with a decap of over 4k.  So there is the log you are asking for.
Magius789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #16
Sightless

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

My point is that it seems strange that good rangers can kill someone in a few seconds with ease and I have to work so hard for my kills.. and we are supposed to be equal classes on opposite sides.

I know assassin's are supposed to kill in a few seconds, but generally it doesn't work out like that and you find as an assassin you have to adapt very quickly as the battle changes depending who you are fighting and the class.

Against a clothie, sure, but most fights I have with scouts/tanks/healers last 4-5 seconds at best if everything goes right (against scouts and some healers) to 60 seconds if i have to improvise.

This is a player vs. player game. You should always improvise. If your opponent is using potions, you have to use potions, if they're using miracles, you have to use miracles. If you're not willing to use everything available in the game then you have no footing when you try to bring up topics on why you're losing to classes you should be able to beat, easily.

Everyone has to adapt to PvP, not just Assassins. That's what makes PvP real, and fun.

And a Ranger killing somone in a few seconds is only easy because that person made it easy, honestly man, it doesn't have to be so easy for them. I've played both the Assassin to 70 and exiled him to the good side making him a Ranger, and now I sit exiled fighting along side some of the best Assassins, Brigands, and Swashbucklers to ever play the game. If I had the Master Is to go back to being an Assassin, I would. Rangers can be very frustrating to play, as equally frustrating as an Assassin, but with a Ranger you sometimes have to find a high point people can't get to. With an Assassin I could always get into the mix, and come out alive.

If the Assassin is so hard to play than you'd be better off playing a Brigand, honestly. They're much less difficult to play, and can put out damage in PvP equal to the Assassin without as much situational damage.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #17
Siphar

Loremaster

Thanks for your response...

It's nice to read a reply from someone that has actually played an assassin and someone who appreciates how hard it is to be a good assassin.

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #18
Siphar

Loremaster

I enjoy the challenge and RP of the assassin.

I am also quite successful as I play plenty and practise a lot..

When I lose a fight I want a re-match, not because I want fame or bs like that, I want the fun of PvP (generally fair) and to improve.

F titles lol... only a [Removed for Content] gages your skill on titles lol... infact If I saw a grp and thought maybe I could kill one ... I'd do it... and forget about escape.. it's the fun and adrenaline I like..

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
Spider

Loremaster

Kram337 wrote:
or they could jsut make everyone play bards for a week and all teh complaining will stop when they get there toons back SMILEY
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote