EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
Skinripp

My wife and I are HUGE eq2 gamers ( 6+ years ) and are excited to attend this year. We can only attend on Friday though. I have arranged the day off work and arranged a babysitter, however, I cannot purchase the tickets until next week ( 6/30 ) for the one day pass.  We live here in Vegas so we don't need a hotel or anything.

I can't find anything about door sales or missing registration for the one day passes. Will we still be able to attend? This will be our first year at Fan Faire. Something always came up the previous years that stopped us.

Skinripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
Irish

Journeyman

Yea the one day pass for Friday is 39 you can still buy them at door for fri or sat. If you want to go to the pool party or want the free expansion and in game items you need to buy a weekend pass at door though.

Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
Skinripp

Thanks. If we can get the tickets beyond the registration deadline or at the door, what does the registration do? Will we still get our printed badges if I register next week?

Please excuse all the dumb questions but I've never been to this before. Yea, go figure! The wife and I play EQ2 7 days a week for 6 years AND live in Las Vegas AND never attended a Fan Faire. LOL

Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Rijacki

Supreme Commander

You will most likely get a hand printed badge, not a pre-printed.

Rijacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Skinripp

My main concern is not being able to attend at all. As long as we can still go, even after registration closed, I'm happy.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
princesskitty

Happy Camper

My first year i went to the one at the hilton and bought my pass saturday at the door. They put a printed label sticker on the badge, but that wasnt a big deal to me. Keep in mind, if you only buy the day pass, that only gets you into the daytime stuff. You wont be able to attend the pool party. Plus you wont get the free expansions and other goodies. When i went that first time, i went ahead and shelled out the extra cash just for the last night beause youre going to spend 40$ on the new expansion anyway.

princesskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Skinripp

I thought all future expansions were going to be free? This was anounced by SOE a few weeks ago. That was a BIG announcement officially on the forums. The expansion at fan faire is just getting it early, which I'm in no hurry. Anyway, We can't stay for the nightime stuff. Baby sitter you know. lol

Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Cyliena

SOE Community Council

Skinripper wrote:

I thought all future expansions were going to be free? This was anounced by SOE a few weeks ago. That was a BIG announcement officially on the forums. The expansion at fan faire is just getting it early, which I'm in no hurry. Anyway, We can't stay for the nightime stuff. Baby sitter you know. lol

I haven't heard anything about this.. have a link to the announcement?

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
Naylie

Community Relations

Yes are are still planning on allowing walk ins.

Naylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:57 AM   #10
Skinripp

phantie wrote:

Skinripper wrote:

I was looking for it and can't find it. It was actually about 2 months ago when Smokejumper announced what was coming to eq2. He stated that DoV was SO huge that it was going to take a long time to get all the content out. This was going to take about 2 years I think, with an expansion released FREE about every quarter till the end of next year or something like that. Anyway, I'm SURE I read about it a while back. There was a lot of chatter and questions about our yearly "bought" expansion and it was stated that there would be no more "Bought" expansions for EQ2.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
Cyliena

SOE Community Council

Skinripper wrote:

phantie wrote:

Skinripper wrote:

I was looking for it and can't find it. It was actually about 2 months ago when Smokejumper announced what was coming to eq2. He stated that DoV was SO huge that it was going to take a long time to get all the content out. This was going to take about 2 years I think, with an expansion released FREE about every quarter till the end of next year or something like that. Anyway, I'm SURE I read about it a while back. There was a lot of chatter and questions about our yearly "bought" expansion and it was stated that there would be no more "Bought" expansions for EQ2.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I think you misread that. It's game update content for free, which is what happens anyways, not expansions.

You've stated that Velious content will be coming for a long time. Will there be another expansion next year?

Georgeson: There will be an expansion, but that's about as much as I can say about it right now. We're really excited about what is going to be in the expansion. It has nothing to do with Velious. We can't wait to be able to tell you about it, but we're not ready yet.

Everybody loved the original Velious back in EQ1, and it was really big content. We have this Age's End Prophecy and we wanted to make sure that we took the time to tell that story properly, and have the dramatic moments and cliffhangers and elements that need to be in that story for people to actually appreciate it. After looking at how long it would take to be able to do that and how big the expansion pack would have to be if we wanted to roll it up into just part two, we decided to create a schedule in which we can continue to put out releases for the expansion and tell the story the way that we want to.

The really good flipside of that is that anyone who buys Destiny of Velious is getting honestly one of the biggest and baddest expansions that has ever been made for an MMO. We're going to be putting this stuff out for awhile. I know how big it's going to be and I can't really tell people because it's too far in advance, but it's going to be huge. I think eventually people will be really happy with it. They like the game right now as it stands with Destiny of Velious, but by the time we're done with it it's going to be epic.

From this article: http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story...amp;storypage=2

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
Patancia

Happy Camper

I agree with the others have said. You are going to want the full pass. I would suggest dropping by on Thursday if you can and getting the weekend pass. That way you can attend everything day and night that you have the time and babysitting for.

Patancia is offline   Reply With Quote