EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
RokshNRoll

Happy Camper

I thought this would make a good discussion to see peoples ideas on what could be be done diffrently in 2011 to make the fan faire the best experience ever. I would prefer to keep comments in this thread constructive void of any rants please!

Here's some of my ideas..

Pass tiers, This was a great idea that just needs a little work done to refine it to allow it to flow more freely.

Platinum pass, Put a set limit on number of them sold, and have the purchase date cutoff set earlier than the Gold, Silver and Bronze passes, this will allow for more time to get them printed. Also allow for an opt in/out of the mailing, I can understand some peoples concerns that live outside of the US.

Can we please have WiFi in the main convention area? Not all of us have smart phones, I was dissapointed that I couldn't stay connected during the convention with my Ipod touch.

Can we have an area set up near the gaming area so that people that bring their laptop computers can have a place to set up and play?

Panel/event scheduling, Can you please try to schedule the live quests so they wont conflict with the same games discussion panels? I participated in the EQ live quest last year and was dissapointed that I was going to miss a panel for eq in which there wasn't a second one scheduled.

Ok theres a few ideas of mine, I would love to hear about yours. Combined with our ideas and those hard working SoE employees that try so hard to make sure we have a great time, I know we can have an even better experience in 2011!! Hope to see you there.

RokshNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Patancia

Happy Camper

I would like to see the mad dash for tables at the banquet to be fixed. The first year I attended Fan Fair was the year it was held at the Rio. There were guild tables for guilds with at least 10 members attending. There were server tables already marked.

While the tier system may have some merit.. it separated friends. Not everyone was able to get the plat pass. It was mentioned that the guild reward was eliminated because folks just made up guilds to get in. How about only allowing guilds that were created before a certain date? Is there some way to check this?

We just shouldn't have to fight so hard to sit with friends.

Patancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

I have been to 6 FF's. The last one at Ballys was one of the best.Altho I'd like an off-site party,the pool party at Ballys came in 2nd .SOE listened to what people were asking for.When we had the pool party at the Rio...it was so darn hot...there was no place to sit.The party at Ballys last year was SO much better.More than enough places to sit so we could talk to friends/guildies...fans and misters....the music wasent the best...but with free drinks it rocked!

Having it at Ballys is so much better than the Hilton.At Ballys if you stay in the north tower you are right there at the convention site.Take the elevator down and BAM...you are walking down the hallway to the good stuff.

Ballys is in the middle of the strip...easy access to everything.I was able to see and do so much.

What I would change is...Plat passes...it was easy to send 1 person to get seating.Alot of us paid the extra cost for the plat passes.It was easy to see after the 1st day that only 1 of us needed a plat pass...we could hold tables and what not.

The food...Its a simple buffet.It cant be that hard to get some decent food.Chicken...beef...pork.All the foods last year were smothered in tomato sauce.The ceaser salad added to the heartburn.I'd rather have hot dogs and burgers over the stuff they fed us the last 3 years.

More giveaways would be nice.More prizes.I spun a wheel last year and won a bag of candy!!???Simple stuff like coolie cups and key chaines would be nice.

Make more prizes for the live quests.How about 1st place then 2nd and 3rd?

How about something on Sunday? Most show up on Friday...then Saturday...Then its all over...Maybe something on Sunday.Make it worth wild.It cost  me $1200 for my flight and room.Would like a little something for the money I  have paid.

Last year I did SO much out of the FF.The only stuff for the FF I attended was the meet and greet...the pool party...and the grand banquet.The forums were so messed-up.I was able to see so much of Vegas...and pretty cheap I must add. So I guess what I'm saying is...make it worth it.Give us lots to do so we never have to leave the Hotel.

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

Agreed about the Live Quest prizes. The Live Quests are probably one of the most popular events, aside from the Costume Contests, and yet only 1 group gets a set of prizes. I've been saying it for years now, but PLEASE add some Tiering to the live quest prizes, perhaps based on the number of groups participating. ( Up to 5 groups, 1 prize, 5--8 groups, 2 prizes, 8+ groups, 3 prizes). Have the Karaoke with the pool party/ free drinks party. Historically that's always been the most painful / most fun part of Fan Faire, and it was missed last year (by me at least). Sunday is traditionally a travel day, but I'd love to see more happen on Thursday (Thursday currently usually has a registration, the halls open up, and a pre-FF Mixer that evening). As I suggested last time, maybe schedule events for the smaller games on Thursday Afternoon so those of us primarily interested in the Big Games, can see them without conflicting with the Big Game talks. One thing that I missed last year was the Board of Events; a simple tripod or two set up in the main hall (or maybe in the outer hall at Ballys) where you can see what is going on where today. We had the books in our packs, but they were a bit awkward to carry with us all the time.
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
Qorte

I'd like more info. 2009 had loads of it. 2010 had none. Nobody would answer any questions. 2009 i came home with pages of info for guild mates. 2010 i came home with "they're addind flying mounts" and that was it.

The LoN panel in 2009 had numberous samples of finished cards and new mechanics. 2010 had pencil scetches and annouced the return of an old mechanic nobody liked the first time you dropped it from the game.

2009 survey prize was a Playstation 3. In 2010, when I won, it was a $15 headset that wasn't even USB. I sent it back to myself in 1999 to use.

2009 we all got a place to sit for dinner. 2010 the thousand or so platinum holder went in first and reserved 99% of the tables.

2009 we had a Producer MCing and he did great. 2010 we were extras for the Jace Hall show. (Brasse was awsome as usual)

2010 had bikinis though.

What I would like to see changed? More info. 2010 felt like you put on a FainFaire without anything to really tell us about.

2011 is going to be rough. Velious has great expectations and everything coming out of beta is horrible mechanic changes.

Qorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Matia

Happy Camper

Let's see..

More in-game tournaments/special things going on for the folks there, and for all the platforms that can be managed. EQ, EQII, Vanguard, DCUO, Pirates, EQ2X, etc. Have something there for all of them to do at the computer area.

More vendors.

More of the random weird contests/giveaways, like the pink shirts wearing or the act out an emote things. Saw some of that during the wheel spinning though, but needs more.

More fun in the Platinum section (but not all of it there.. we don't want people thinking they have to go platinum to get to everything). Enough to make folks stand outside of it and go "wow, I wish I was in that cool crowd".

Prizes in the raffle/drawing that are "Wow" factors. Not necessarily majorly expensive, but nice ones.

Updated/more modern SOE Store goods. When the selection is limited to what is left over from the past several years' stores.. not good.

Of course, I had fun last year just like every time, but there's always room for more cowbell.

Matia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Syla

*What you SHOUDNT change...

the POOL PARTY ... that was EPIC ... im 31yo i ve been to alot of party in my life ... but the pool party at the 2010 fan faire was the best party i ever been.

The food was great, dont chnage it this year (2009 wasnt good)

Now what should change:

After party ..., too many folks split up to different place in vegas. I think we would love to all hamg around together, so you guys could propose a after party at another palce. Like with the SOE fan faire pass you can get in free with no cover charge.

Best of the Best tournament EQ1, a few spells was missing like Call fo skelleton swarn for Necromancer, please add it and also dont forget Call skeleton crush (from HoT expention).

Adding music and make a after party after the last diner saturday night. (no need open bar, just let us celebrate together befor we say goodbye)

Syla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
Niteshaid

Happy Camper

Station store definitely needs an upgrade, I had saved up since Feb to have lots to spend when i got to fan faire, only to find there wasn't much to spend it on :-/ I remember there was a forum topic asking what items we wanted to see at the station store for last fan faire, maybe go back and look at it to see how many of the items could be made in time for this years fan faire.
Niteshaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Qorte

Niteshaid wrote:

Station store definitely needs an upgrade, I had saved up since Feb to have lots to spend when i got to fan faire, only to find there wasn't much to spend it on :-/ I remember there was a forum topic asking what items we wanted to see at the station store for last fan faire, maybe go back and look at it to see how many of the items could be made in time for this years fan faire.

Here's the thing. Every year there is a thread about what we would like to see at the Station Store and the store has had the exact same stuff every year for 4-5 years. I really don't know why they bother asking.

Qorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #10
Mekii

Happy Camper

Something different for EQ other than Best of the Best tournament. Most EQ servers aren't PVP and alot of people not on a PVP server rarely if ever PVP. Also, some classes just aren't that good for PVP. They are doomed from the start or have to play a class they may not be as familiar with to be competitve.

I'd prefer a group task using achievements as a scoring system. Creating a unique task for Fan Fair would probably be to time consuming so maybe take an existing task that may be well known and add several more conquest achievements to it for scoring.

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
svenalo

The Quiet Type

Mekii wrote:

Something different for EQ other than Best of the Best tournament. Most EQ servers aren't PVP and alot of people not on a PVP server rarely if ever PVP. Also, some classes just aren't that good for PVP. They are doomed from the start or have to play a class they may not be as familiar with to be competitve.

I'd prefer a group task using achievements as a scoring system. Creating a unique task for Fan Fair would probably be to time consuming so maybe take an existing task that may be well known and add several more conquest achievements to it for scoring.

Could have a naked troll race...or a leveling contest...or have us enter the chars before hand so they can be copied over and then those "teams" do your group thing (but that would be difficult given the few machines allotted for the tourneys)...or have a massive in game scavenger hunt where the list/task is only able to be given out at fan faire but then you execute it on your regular server perhaps with the help of your guild/friends (might also have the same issue as the team thing above though and would likely need far more time than is usually allotted)...

I agree though - BotB generally is the same old same old. Something new would be fun...

svenalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

A Scavenger hunt would be a great idea. Set it up on Beta server, with some specialized ground spawns in various zones, and a team is given a list of clues of what to find and where, and they run around a set of beta buffed characters to where they want, and have to set the items in their guild bank before the time is up. When the time is up, GM's can go in and verify the items and award points appropriately for what items were gotten.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Mekii

Happy Camper

Scavenger hunts can be fun but I was thinking something more focused on players skills.

For a group task type competition have beta buffed chars with prespent AA's. That way everyone starts on equal ground whether their main char is group geared with 1500 AA's or raid geared with 5500 AA's.

The only down side I can think of having a group event would be someone coming to FF without friends / guildies may have more trouble getting a group.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #14
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

I'm not a rich person. Going to SOE fan faire is the 1 vacation I take in the year.I want to make the most out of this "vacation". Like I have said...I do the meet and greet...the party... and the banquet.Most of my time is spent runnning around Vegas...seeing shows and enjoying the sites.This will be my 5th time in Vegas.I'm not hoping for much.

But for the little time I spend at the FF...I'd like it to count.

As for the store...simple stuff like key chaines...coolie cups...banners...pens...mouse pads..coffee cups...I know alot of people would buy it...Heck I have been after a barbrian pin since 2005 and never have been able to get one.

I spend most of my time running up and down the strip.Seeing the sites and living the Vegas experience.I have gotten to know Vegas well.I hope SOE will give me a reason to stay at the FF.

I do believe this will be my last FF.I have done almost eveything that I have wanted to do in Vegas.

Living in Wisconsin I have paid dearly to attend this.I dont feel the awards.I dont believe its worth the time and Money.

Yes...I hear how cheap it is for SOE to have it there...cheap for them...but very expensive for people who live 500 miles away.

To fly and get a room at Ballys is gonna cost me $1400 dollars.yes thats a north tower room.

I think SOE needs to put a little more thought into this!

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 AM   #15
Smoos

I would like to see the FF go until Sunday afternoon like it was supposed to last year. having it end after the banquet on saturday was way to short and early in the evening I was very disappointed.. There is still so much more time that could be spent playing on the computers for late night gaming and just general partying with other Gamers and devs even more late night events.. lots of wasted time last year on Saturday night going into Sunday. There could be so much more done in this time slot!

I would love to see Kareoke again with the live band, I felt like that was a hit! I really loved the fiber optic tree's and blue glowing tables.

Bring Brenlo back he was soo much fun!  We don't need Jace Hall, he doesn't have the same passion for SOE products.

Linda Carlson Worked very hard and I appreciated that about her.

But really please consider the Saturday night into Sunday afternoon thing. thanks

Teh Smoosei

Cleric of NCM

Smoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
RokshNRoll

Happy Camper

Just decided to add a couple things....

The EQ tournament, Can we please have something other than a PvP thing, as most of the players are on PvE servers, why cant we gather some friends and do a dungeon crawl, like introducing a new NPC (like OMM) during the Fan Faire would be awesome. or giving us a new event to play that could be added to the live servers after the fan faire.

Give atendees an awesome deal on purchasing Station cash, like 3:1 would be cool, or offer free SC as a perk for attending.

RokshNRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #17
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

They usually do have a Station Cash as part of the perks for going to Fan Faire, how much SC depends on which pass you get IIRC.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #18
Shailas

Happy Camper

Whatever you do, please don't re-invite Jase Hall back to MC.

Shailas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #19
FishStic

Planetside related content!

FishStic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #20
Kela

Master

soehatesshamen wrote:

I'm not a rich person. Going to SOE fan faire is the 1 vacation I take in the year.I want to make the most out of this "vacation". Like I have said...I do the meet and greet...the party... and the banquet.Most of my time is spent runnning around Vegas...seeing shows and enjoying the sites.This will be my 5th time in Vegas.I'm not hoping for much.

But for the little time I spend at the FF...I'd like it to count.

As for the store...simple stuff like key chaines...coolie cups...banners...pens...mouse pads..coffee cups...I know alot of people would buy it...Heck I have been after a barbrian pin since 2005 and never have been able to get one.

I spend most of my time running up and down the strip.Seeing the sites and living the Vegas experience.I have gotten to know Vegas well.I hope SOE will give me a reason to stay at the FF.

I do believe this will be my last FF.I have done almost eveything that I have wanted to do in Vegas.

Living in Wisconsin I have paid dearly to attend this.I dont feel the awards.I dont believe its worth the time and Money.

Yes...I hear how cheap it is for SOE to have it there...cheap for them...but very expensive for people who live 500 miles away.

To fly and get a room at Ballys is gonna cost me $1400 dollars.yes thats a north tower room.

I think SOE needs to put a little more thought into this!

Sorry to say but ANYWHERE outside of Vegas, that could accually host the event would be MUCH more expencive for YOU.

Flying pricing is as much about how many people are traveling between the two cities as it is the distance between them, for exsample it is accually more expencive to fly from San Fransico to Reno* about the same distance as San Fransico to LA, then it is to fly from SF to NY. That said likly as not anywhere they hold FF will be a popular destination so LANDING there will be about the same price as LANDING in Vegas, as for the point you start with, that all comes down to how populated your city is and if it is a stop over on the way to where your going, if it is out of the way or has a relitivly low traveling population the Take Off price is going to be much higher, for example one of the attendees I know lives in Alaska for that person the FLIGHT is around 3k no matter where she goes in the Continental US, and I am willing to bet that if you start checking prices from your Airport to any major city you will find that the Airtravel costs are going to be similar to flying to Vegas, if not more expencive. So all that remains is Hotel costs, and Vegas has by far the lowest nightly hotel rates in the country. You won't find a similar set-up to Bally's anywhere in the US for less then what Bally's is charging for the rooms, and most will be TWICE what Bally's charges, on top of that UNLIKE in Vegas where you can see most things by paying $15 for a Monorail daily pass, in any other city** your going to have to rent a car adding around 30 to 40 dollars a day to your bill, assuming you get a Compact Car.

As for your sugjestion about adding more "shinies" to the store, SoE for the Love of all that is holy listen to him... Your looking for ways to midigate your costs, the BEST thing you can do is buy a bunch of SoE game Theamed Items for pennies and sell them to us Smucks for Dollars.

*if there is even a comercial flight on that route(I doupt it)**Save cities like New York or Boston, though in those cities your look at more like 3 or 4 times the room costs for a simliar set-up to Bally's.

::EDIT::

I was wrong, flying from Milwaukee(I don't know where you live so I choose one of the most populated cities) to Vegas is around 325 or so, flying to NYC, Boston and DC are about $100 cheaper per person, while Orlando was about the same price.

However look at the hotel costs vers the ~$80 a night average for Bally's(just an FYI I am picking the lowest priced hotel, NOT one accually capable of holding the event, thoughs are much harder to find outside Vegas and even higher priced, by and large). All prices(save the one for Vegas) come from Orbits and are thier daily average rate for July 6 to July 11, I select only 3 star+ rated hotels(like same as Bally's) and list by lowest price(not best value).

• New York - Not counting the Newark Airport Hotel($8SMILEY your looking at a minimum of $136 a night in New York(JFK Plaza Hotel)
  • Boston - Minimum 120(Ramada Boston)
  • DC - Minimum 143 (Hotel Lombardy)
  • Orlando - accually much cheaper per night at 57(Seralgo Hotel & Suites Maingate East). Though just looking at the name you can see that it is likly a hotel ment for people going to Disney World and not a Convention Center Hotel.

So I was wrong about them being twice or more...but wait none of those hotels would accually be the HOST of the convention and since I don't want to spend hours looking for hotels that might possably be able to host it(again***). I'll just list the lowest priced 3-star in Vegas to compair to.

Vegas Club Hotel & Casino $16 a night...a tenth the price of all the other hotels save Orlando and more then a 3rd of it. Yes it is a 3star in Vegas, it is located on Fremont Street. Or you can spend a little more and stay at the Sahara Hotel and Casino for $30 a night and be on the monorail line(last stop on the wrong end), or for $37 a night stay at Hooters wich is across the Street from the MGM Grand(wich is only one stop away from Bally's).

Just an FYI all rates are Single occupancy rates if you travel with more then one person the price could(though not always) go up for the rooms.   

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
Blynd

I'd suggest not having tiered access. Make all parts of the event available to everyone. We already spend plenty of money to play your games each month; reward all the fans equally just for supporting the games, not dependent on their ability to spend yet more money.

Blynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
Mekii

Happy Camper

IIRC the only thing the higher level passes had were a few in game items and a little bit of difference in the swag bags. There was an area that only platinum pass holders could get into but it was just a few tables and chairs. There was nothing else there and nothing special about it.

I have no problems with the tiered passes, but I do think they need to be better planned out than last years. Extra swag and ingame items are always nice.

I've mentioned it before....somewhere, but will bring it up again. If there are different versions of the next expansion (standard, collectors) make a way for FF attendees to upgrade. I know several people that were at FF (myself included) that would have happily paid the difference to upgrade to collectors edition. But none were going to pay full price just for the few extra ingames items when they already had the game. IMO platinum passes should come with CE.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #23
Patancia

Happy Camper

I would like to see the tier system done away with. The rewards were not worth the bad feelings it caused. Instead, I would like SOE to find a way to implement the guild discount again and reward guilds with their own tables at the banquet. It was much more fun to try to get your guildies to go that way.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #24
Mekii

Happy Camper

The problem I have with a guild discounts is you have to rely on others to get a discounted price. Tiered passes allow each person to decide their individual price level.

I am in an alliance of guilds, though there will be 20+ close knit friends there, we may be scattered across 6 guilds. Some of us have alts spread out though these guilds and could always regester on an alt for the discount but no one would want to do that.

There weren't any plat pass only events that anyone missed out on last year by having a different pass. As for the banquet you only needed 1 person to hold a table for the rest. If you do this make sure you know how many you need and make new friends by inviting strangers to fill any remaining seats.

I don't think guilds should be rewarded with their own tables. This gives the tables to the large guilds and leaves individuals who are paying the same price to fend for what's left at the back. Tables should be 1st come IMO. Again being in an alliance and having 20+ of us gathering there 1 guild may get a table and the rest stuck somewhere else. That would not be an option that would work. I'd rather stand on the back wall with my friends than get to sit up close without them.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:22 AM   #25
fello

well my thought on this  is the tier systeam Didnt work!! we all who was there last year know this

so ya kick that to the curb

2.  for the guild discounts  ++ yes    A guild is a guild // alliance GUILD  wth is that  there is no such  thing  ALLIANCE yes  you cant  classify an ALLIANCE guild  if that was the  case the   the whole server  is my ALLIANCE GUILD.  realy? i know evry one just about..I have  played  eq sents Beta  yes that  short months over 12 years

but ya  if ya want to say alliance guild  fine i know what ya mean but come on ya can throgh that in and count  an allyance guild  ether YOUR GUILD come's  or you go alone and see all your friends..............................

a allyance guild  is just ppl who merg together and talk and BS

So yes  if you have a Real guild   ppl know who are fake's and whos not...

i know we are comeing in a pack  like 10 to 15 +++ mabey more than 20   i PLAY with these pp each day  AND  yes i want to sit with them... so ya if  sony can take  our name down and  stick  us on our  table thats awsome.

So  suck it up  Cup Cake! let's have some fun   and let's let the guild's have there fun and get there prizes/discounts

I do want to know though " what guild  is bring'n the most ?

you guys can make it easyer and better  than the year befor  its been done.... Do Work!

fello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:57 AM   #26
Mekii

Happy Camper

I agree the  system they had last year didn't work and needs serious thought put into it if redone.

Just because you don't understandd what an alliance is doesn't mean there is no such thing. We have a few guilds in our alliance. None of them require raiding. But we do raid and you do have to be in 1 of the alliance guilds and we do use a DKP system. There are 20+ of us going I group with these people daily. This does not include various other friends I have on the server that will be there. Since we don't all share the same tag does that mean we don't deserve the same treatment?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #27
fello

its an alliance not a guild

Guild is GUILD  with 1 name  say  " Lonlyhearts"  GUILD   it dont say Lonlyheart"s and friends / alliance's

do you see what i mean? i will  go a bit more on this  but i have to go work  brb few hours

Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #28
Mekii

Happy Camper

No it's not a guild, but my point is still the same.

I still think a persons pricing level shouldn't depend on others. There are around 15 people from my guild going so pretty sure we would qualify for any guild benefit they offer. I don't think we should be rewarded with our own table though. The only thing this would do is seperate people from their friends.

I guess we all have different views on how we think things should be done. SOE will do what they think is best. No matter what they decide I'll be there having fun!

Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #29
fello

i do agree  2 different view's 

i  just hope ya see what i mean though.. 

but yes i will be there  i dont care  were i sit   i just hope they thro some better swag at us ppl who are  paying top dollar to be there "PLAT passes SMILEY  cant wait  see ya there ...    cant wait for the pool party  SMILEY

Old 03-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
Patancia

Happy Camper

Every table would not be a guild table. I would just like to see a better seating system than to run in like a bunch of kids after standing in line in a hallway with inadequate air conditioning for over an hour.

When the event was held at the Rio there were guild tables and server tables. SOE can take a guild/server head count and label the tables from that. Friends who do not qualify for a guild table can always sit at the server tables. For the games with a smaller head count, the tables could be for the entire game.

I would suggest that the largests groups get the better seats.