EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Murrar Shar at the Claymore is sporadic as to whether they'll give out or update your quest, A Light of Hope. Six hails made them give it to me, after about two minutes of lag. Still can't get them to update.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Musheef af’Neqi ( 729.74, -19.87, 182.71) is standing just in front of a bench. It would be better looking if he was using the /sitchair emote. Sitting is better to study.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I got the same issue with Murrar. I wasn't having trouble getting the quest, but going back to him he only has the same options as he did when you talk to him the first time. I deleted/redid the quest 4 times..no luck. I bugged it though.

though I will also say I did my archtype line...got a breastplate and a title 'of the qeynos guard' at the end but no other armor peices from any previous quest. I'm hoping the rest of the set will be in Murrar's line, once he's working.

I was able to find several NPCs that have blank buy/sell windows. particularly around the treehouse in eldarr grove. where these going to be merchants that sell the 'archtype' sets/weapons like in Freeport? if so they need to have thier items placed on them.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Whilhelmina

Tester

Missing NPC:

I can't find a housing merchant anywere? I checked everywhere in the city and found nothing. I hope one will show up and sell us the qeynos house items taht were in the burbs and the old racial items.

Moved NPC:

What the heck does the collector do hidden in a tiny room in Qeynos Harbor instead of out in the open where people can see him? ( 826.60, -23.51, 33.02 ). I know it's called "Collector's Trove" now but there's nothing that seems like a collection house.

I don't really understand why the Registrar was moved to South Qeynos?

Moving bankers and menders from one point to the other in South Qeynos doesn't make much sense either.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
Whilhelmina

Tester

When patrolling in Elddar groves, it seems the group of guards walk in the water instead of crossing the bridge at 650.37, -22.20, -297.77. Leader was on the bridge, but guards on the side got their plated feet very wet.

It happens with Patrolman  Edward.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The housing merchant is in the same building as the broker in North Qeynos.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Whilhelmina

Tester

Thanks my little gnome, she was well hidden. Little dwarf behind a pillar, Sneaky girl !

Two points: the fountain of storms has a crafted version, I don't know if it looks the same in the end but it's weird to see it duplicate.

Are the price off? It's strange to see all house items asking for status while the freeport ones only asked for gold (except the couple quest reward taken from city merchant).

Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
Rainmare
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

Murrar is still broke for me.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I did read in another thread that Cronyn's fix for Murrar is temporary as long as Test servers are up, meaning when they crash it'll be undone until a permanent patch goes into Test.

Edit: Cronyn just put that in. Awesome!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
Lenanu
Guild: Wandering Souls

Loremaster

When trying to find the Wood Elf Mentor the other day, guards would point me to where she later appears during the questline instead of over near the Babbleshire/Willow Wood entrence where I finally found her. Also, the Barbarian Mentor is lacking his Barbarian Mentor tag.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
Lizabethan

Philosopher

[email protected] wrote:

When trying to find the Wood Elf Mentor the other day, guards would point me to where she later appears during the questline instead of over near the Babbleshire/Willow Wood entrence where I finally found her. Also, the Barbarian Mentor is lacking his Barbarian Mentor tag.

That would go here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=519533 SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
Finora

Tester

Okay just hauled my little level 21 brigand over to Qeynos to see if she would be able to pick up the quest that starts the Ghoulbane timeline.

The 3 lvl 90something epic X 3 guards that wander about are avoidable. However, the guards at the base of the ramp from the Clock of Akanon area (where the sewer grate evils have to enter through is located) are unavoidable for anyone under lvl 46.

Guard Yarwick, Guard Shiningleaf & their dog  are all lvl 35 ^^^ and make short work of any lower level evil trying to go through to get the quest.

I snuck into NQ to see if I could use the bells in the actual city zones to get to the proper areas, but no dice. No options to travel to actual city zones.

Vida Sweeps is going to need to be moved elsewhere (near the bank in QH?) or evils will have to outlevel the heritage  quest to get the starter.

**I switched over to my good aligned ranger to find the other NPCS & there are problems with them as well.**

There is no way a evil character of the appropriate level is going to be able to get to Tawli Whiskwind without using some "call to" ability  or having a good guildmate plant a banner. Neither of those things should be necessary for a basic heritage quest.

Gruffin Goldtooth does seem to be accessable though, that's good.

Mage tower is also still accessable.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
Whilhelmina

Tester

The wood elf racial house item is missing from housing merchant.

Item is: aITEM 1082690275 -2041325867 0:[A Bouquet of Woodsun Flowers]/a

Missing NPC:

The grandmaster tradeskiller (the frog) is missing from the Ironforge exchange in NQ.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
Zabjade

Loremaster

With the help of another player I was able to find Rupert Valorbound: The Froglok Mentor (The guard points to where he will be LATER in the quest)

Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Soresha

Tester

Copying these of mine over from the Zone thread, outta be in here really:

NPC Hargrove Leafsway at 804.95, -21.09, -560.69 outside Willow Wood - he's labelled as a but when hailed, doens't offer directions.

NPC Squire-Guard Williamson at 397.34, -16.55, -31.11 in Capitol District is set up as a vendor, but has nothing to sell. It's a bit weird.

Someone mentioned this in the art thread and I want to agree. The mounted guards charging through the city is just wrong.

a) They should be patrolling, surely? In a dignified, watchful manner. Not running like they're couriers on an urgent mission constantly.

b) It makes them much harder to hail to get directions. Trying to catch up with one, then stop and hail in time before he runs off, if you get the distance wrong you fail. Functionality first, please!

c) If you're an evil toon trying to sneak around Qeynos and dodge the guards (hiring different mercs would be a good example) - again you've just made it much harder for them.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

The wood elf racial house item is missing from housing merchant.

Item is: aITEM 1082690275 -2041325867 0:[A Bouquet of Woodsun Flowers]/a

It was an oversight that will soon be resolved!

~Kaitheel

Old 06-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
Kaitheel

Dev

Zabjade wrote:

With the help of another player I was able to find Rupert Valorbound: The Froglok Mentor (The guard points to where he will be LATER in the quest)

We've got a great update coming that will help with all of these sorts of issues.  As it was, guards would point to the closest NPC, with no reguard to whether or not you could see them.  But soon they will be taking all of our view predicates into account!  That way, guards should only point to NPCs that you can see.  This will be great!

~Kaitheel

Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
Chrol

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

Vida Sweeps is going to need to be moved elsewhere (near the bank in QH?) or evils will have to outlevel the heritage  quest to get the starter.

She's been moved to the Qeynos Shipyard in the harbor area (near Carpenter Paddock).

-Chrol

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I hate to be that person, but Murrar Shar is broken again (won't accept Light of Hope as completed from my alt) after the update

Edit: Only tested this on Test_Copy

Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
Soresha

Tester

Lizabethan wrote:

I hate to be that person, but Murrar Shar is broken again (won't accept Light of Hope as completed from my alt) after the update

Edit: Only tested this on Test_Copy

He was never reallly fixed, that's why. And won't be until it appears in the patch notes.

Cronyn used the dev's new on-the-fly tool to temporarily fix him on Test. Maybe he did on TestCopy as well, I don't know. But this style of fixing doesn't last. As soon as the server goes down, it's gone!

Since we had a big maintenance today, yeah it's back to how it was in the initial patch.

Hope that helps with the confusion, if not with the testing.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #21
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Oh, my fault. I thought it was temporary fix last night, permanent fix with the downtime this morning.

Retracted! SMILEY

Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #22
Soresha

Tester

Location of class / main line quest starter NPCs

Standar Yorden (class quests) and Murrar Shar (main line quests) are at the Claymore Plaza. Ok that's a major landmark, but it's not where you arrive at. In Freeport the equivalents were put on the dock next to the bell (although not actually the dock you zone in at). But a person arriving in the city sees them before they go very far.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the location of these Qeynos guys is going to work so well. The plaza is a long way from where you zone into the city. Not in terms of travelling time (I know there are bells), but in terms of a newbie stumbling across them as they enter the city. A newbie doesn't know that quest starters typically get put around the Claymore Plaza.

How about putting them in Qeynos Harbour instead, just as you get off the docks from the bells, around the arches and The Mermaid's Lure for example?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #23
Soresha

Tester

Freeblood NPC in Nettleville at 656.63, -20.01, 284.47 has a speech bubble on mouseover for hailing, but when hailed does not say anything. There's another Freeblood in the same room with some flavour text, so I guess it's meant to be similar to that one.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #24
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Kell Silentfang, the Monk mercenary, is missing in QH. Asking a guard for him gives a trail to where he was, but he's not there and track doesn't pick him up anymore. The other mercs, though, are still in their normal spots on both Test and Test_Copy.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:43 AM   #25
Brigh

Loremaster

Neezer Grund gives a quest but his text in chat / bubble vs what he says tends to confuse as they differ. Even at the end he tells you to see someone in voice over but nothing about that in bubble/text chat.

I submitted a bug report regarding the quest but that was before completion and found more to it.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #26
Whilhelmina

Tester

The patch notes say that the guards are supposed to run at a lesser pace:

"The speed of mounted guards should be reduced."

The guards are still running. Perhaps less fast, but they run nonetheless and they seem to stagger a bit at times. Couldn't they just walk?

Castleview Hamlet

The 2 Castleview citizen women at 747.97, -14.69, -144.85 have the exact same clothes, same heigh, same hairstyle, same skin tone, same face and tend to do same emotes. It's a bit too much of the same ;p

Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
Riftsburn

Tester

Hoping this is the right place for this. SMILEY

Musheff af'Neqi doesn't seem to want to talk to you to update the Light of Hope quest unless you hit your "h" key to hail him. Clicking and right clicking did nothing for me, but "H"'ing him worked fine. SMILEY

Riftsburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #28
Finora

Tester

Chrol wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

She's been moved to the Qeynos Shipyard in the harbor area (near Carpenter Paddock).

-Chrol

That's actually a much worse spot for evils, they can't come in using the bell and heritage quests are not supposed to be faction specific.  Now while it isn't impossible, it is considerably more difficult  than it ever has been on live with the sheer number of ^^^epic Xwhatever 90+ guards wandering around in the area you have to go across to get to Vida.

Moving Guard Yarwick actually would have been sufficient & less of a pain .

However, since Yarwick got moved I was able to get over there with my lvl 21 and get "Vida needs a New Broom" and finish it up for my Dusty Blue Stone.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Guards in old Qeynos Harbor cannot direct you to NPC's in Elddar Grove.  For example, the guard at the old SQ zone cannot locate a broker (in Antonica's House of Pottery in Elddar).

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Soresha wrote:

Location of class / main line quest starter NPCs

Standar Yorden (class quests) and Murrar Shar (main line quests) are at the Claymore Plaza. Ok that's a major landmark, but it's not where you arrive at. In Freeport the equivalents were put on the dock next to the bell (although not actually the dock you zone in at). But a person arriving in the city sees them before they go very far.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the location of these Qeynos guys is going to work so well. The plaza is a long way from where you zone into the city. Not in terms of travelling time (I know there are bells), but in terms of a newbie stumbling across them as they enter the city. A newbie doesn't know that quest starters typically get put around the Claymore Plaza.

How about putting them in Qeynos Harbour instead, just as you get off the docks from the bells, around the arches and The Mermaid's Lure for example?

I wanted to +1 this.  They are not intuitive to find, while in Freeport you darn near stumble over them.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote