EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Opening this up for all

Halflings - Bungle Proudfoot doesn't capitalize "Halflings". Minor annoyance, but it's pride!

Going to the Baubbleshire crashes me every time. Rebooting EQ2 and clicking the door again fixes it, but I can never get in the first time.

^ Can't add more, quest won't update.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Soresha

Tester

Human Racial Quest #1 - To Honor is Human

1. Dialogue on NPC before quest: "kerrans and Erudites" - looks odd, should either both or neither be capitalised? Later both are capitalised.

2. Quest description says you're asked to speak to various people, but she only asks you to talk to one specific pair of races to talk to at this point. It makes sense once you're onto step two, but doesn't make sense initially.

3. Dialogue with Jeretis says "kerrans and Erudites" again.

4. I'm sure Patricia told me to talk to leaders (pleural) and therefore I'd expected one from each side. But after talking to Jeretis the quest step updates and tells you to return to Patricia. I spotted Oomitelmora behind him, but hail him only gives default dialogue now. Ok that's how it's written, but not what I was expecting.

5. Dialogue returning to Patricia again is "kerrans" and "Erudites"

6. Kudos for the way the dialogue forks and gives the brief background on the Circle of Ten, if you need it. I don't know Qeynos at all, and this is exactly the short snippet I needed, without being cumbersome. SMILEY

7. Dialogue with Patricia after quest "of the interest of the city" - should be "in the interests of the city" ?

Old 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Soresha

Tester

Human Racial Quest #2 - The Virtue of the Just

1. 2nd quest step, the two sub-steps look identical but are listed under each other as separate things. I didn't know what to make of that. If it's 2x evidence, a single step would be better. If it's 2 different types of evidence, you could change the wording to hint at each. Atm it just looks wierd!

2. I picked up a torn diary page in the prison room, and nothing updated in the quest. Even more confusing. Then found it had gone in inventory as an item. I double clicked the item and it updated the quest. I didn't get anything to read though, for what was on the page?

3. Got stuck on finding the 2nd evidence. Tried killing a council NPC. Then all the council NPCs were aggro to me! Ok it resets when you zone out/in, so it's not a permanent faction hit. Nice touch though.

4. I like the Freebloods who start as bats and turn into supplicants when you approach, that's cool.

5. Took me ages to find the building for the 2nd page, running in circles. But I don't know Qeynos really, and a map will help when we have one.

6. This time I right-clicked and examined the page - got the text to read and the update. Guess that's the intended mechanism. Maybe it needs a hint to read the page? Or stop people being able to double-click and update without getting to see the page's text.

7. The first page I double-clicked disappeared from inventory. The second page I examined, stayed in inventory. (Technically I did the 2nd quest step, first.) So I'm now on the 3rd quest step and only have 1 page.

8. The council NPCs don't see through stealth (beastlord). This makes escaping easier - don't know if that's intended.

Probably more to come. Someone resurrect the zone server hamsters please. I want back in!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Zabjade

Loremaster

Froglock Racial Quest:

Rupert Valorbound: The guards point to a blank spot. (The spot it points to is where he will be later on in the questline)

Loved the fact that the Half Elf Mentor is a Kid and the ned kid models, this mean we will see a new Molly Daysun and Nathen Ironforge (if so those who bouth the plushines might want the new look)

Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Soresha

Tester

Human Racial Quest #3 - A Deeper Plot

1. Quest description says South Qeynos - should be Capitol District.

2. First quest step again says South Qeynos - should be Capitol District.

3. Updated first quest step says I'm directed to a house. Maybe you mean a map POI we don't have yet, but there's nothing in the text or dialogue to give me a clue here! Something descriptive wouldn't hurt, like "a house at the south end" (totally making this up).

4. When I found Bart, the investigator speaks and attacks you at the same time. It's hard to read his dialogue and what his plan is, when you're fighting. Could he not attack on sight? Or speak from further away, and attack when you get close? Or something.

5. Dialogue with Bart, you say "when you get old come and find me" - erm, "get older" perhaps?

6. 3rd quest step says to return Bart to his mother. Kneeling Bart despawns. I would expect a pet Bart to spawn and start following you at this point? But there isn't one.

7. Again 3rd quest step says South Qeynos.

8. Clicking on door to zone to "South Qeynos"/Capitol District doesn't work. Nothing happens.

9. Quest summary on completion says South Qeynos again.

10. Typo in quest summary on completion: "investigor" should be "investigator".

11. Ring effect works, not what I was expecting for "heat wave" but hey. Quests were fun. SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #6
NikkiT

Loremaster

Kerra Racial Quest

Had no problems with this quest except that in the final quest the "trail" you have to follow ist just blue map dots, nothing visible like I'd expect when told to follow a trail.

However I'm offended by the quest reward. "Use this against our enemies?" aITEM -262177880 933865795 0:[Ring of the Kerra]/a A ring which gives you fleas? I'm a kerra not a gnoll! That's like giving a dwarf an endless bottle of alcohol-free elvish wine as a final quest reward. And I don't see how this will help me against my enemies...

Old 06-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

it's to infest your enemies with fleas.

the Koada'dal ones were interesting. though after conviincing the questgiver not to go with the Renda'dal...there's no lead or text to tell you the next step. and she says she's heading to Starcrest..which I went to only to find that's she's not there, but outside of Castleview.

I do like the koada'dal effect though. golden sparkles. fits with them being superior.

and I liked the Renda'Dal 'inspection' and chat options. it certainly showed the famous high elf arrogance/snobbiness, but was done well enough as to not come off as annoying or comedic.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Erudite racial #1 - Enter the Shattered Sanctum (Maareona Ludimintium - South Qeynos, near suburbs door 685.16, -19.63, 222.13)

I see papers on the floor while on this quest. I wonder if it’s not for another quest and so I shouldn’t be able to see them?

Locs:

-          742.43, -20.39, 265.42

-          724.73, -20.42, 323.84

-           720.05, -20.46, 261.15

-          812.31, -20.45, 296.89

-          816.49, -20.45, 280.57

-          755.77, -24.38, 347.41

-          761.76, -25.50, 355.78

-          767.97, -24.89, 322.47

-          783.71, -24.72, 324.65

-           798.99, -25.53, 316.20

On second thought, the Erudite mentor never said it was the Erudites who dabbled in necromancy. If you do the quest at level 20, you won't really know that Necromancy made it's return among good aligned erudites in Paineel.

Erudite racial #2 - The Magician's Solution (Maareona Ludimintium)

The arbor moss is hard to see. I found 3 spawns and one respawned on me, but for some reason, I expected to see more moss around instead of just a couple.

Erudite racial #3 - Pride without Prejudice (Maareona Ludimintium)

There is ghastly specter within the water (around 734.45, -37.92, 332.3) but it's under the water, not above and so very hard to see.

(Note: started to put up a temporary walkthrough here)

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Absyntheea
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Lost Boys

Loremaster

The kerra still get that flea ring? *sigh*

Absyntheea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Wood Elves - asking a guard for Trelly Greenthorn sends you to Trillium, the Tunarian Alliance merchant, which is where she appears after A Poisoned Dream.

Going into an Eldaar Dream and trying to go to the second room gives the message, "I can't seem pass the first room!" which should be "to pass into" or "go past".

During A Poisoned Dream, on quest helper (below mini-map) quest text says "Now the smell of basil fills my.." and cuts off right there. After you harvest a basil, it adds the word "senses" to that line. Same thing happens for the sage part.

I also got the achievement "Master Lore Hunter" when completing this line, though my Test account had only completed one racial line (Wood Elf, Halfling was still bugged) at that time..

Old 06-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
baguetteovenfresh

Loremaster

Half-elf

Is there a place where we can find our mentor's name? I asked guard for mentor and he sent me to a human mentor who wont give me the quest.

baguetteovenfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

The names are written in the patch notes.Racial QuestsLocated in Qeynos Capitol District:Erudite mentor Maareona LudimintiumFreeblood mentor Talas FarinGnome mentor Trina TinkertonHuman mentor Patricia BensonKerra mentor Lakosha MaeraRatonga mentor Tilla Located in Qeynos Province District:Barbarian mentor Gild StonebreakerDwarf mentor Mav BoilfistFae mentor Guard LaelythFroglok mentor Rupert ValorboundHalfling mentor Bungle Proudfoot Elddar GroveHigh Elf mentor Eireneith AlanniaWood Elf mentor Trelly Greenthorn

Barbarian racial #1 - Burning Blood (Gild Stonebreaker - Qeynos Harbor near Graystone yard door 845.19, -25.36, -63.20)Gild Stonebreaker is missing the "barbarian mentor" tag.I retained my mount in Graystone Yard.

Barbarian racial #2 - Solving Violence with Violence (Gavin Seabreach)

When going to see Marweth, I got attacked by a bunch of enraged followers at 923.54, -25.06, -149.70. I couldn't do any damage to them, each time I hit they were knocked back and broke fight, just to attack once more a couple seconds later. I finally let them kill me to "escape".

Barbarian racial #3 - Quellin’ the Hellion (Gavin Seabreach)

There's something wrong here. When I attacked Marweth, she kept being knocked down, become invulnerable then regen, stand up, attack once more. After a couple of those, I started clicking on the artifact to destroy it. Each time she screamed "don't touch the artifact" or such and came at me. After several times, I was able to destroy the artifact and the quest updated, saying to speak to Marweth... who was still attacking me.

I had to go through the knock back/break fight/regen/attack dance a couple of times before she turned back into a NPC and I could finish the quest. It felt very wrong. And she submitted a bit easily imo.

She speaks of the people that "revert to their subservient ways", so I think the remaining fighting dwarves and barbarian should despawn and respawn as NPC after she leaves.

She respawns after a short while.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
ChrisMarchant

Tester

The half elf mentor is a child near the halfling mentor , in Elddar Grove just before tunnel leading to Baubleshire and Willow Wood.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Chrol

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

the Koada'dal ones were interesting. though after conviincing the questgiver not to go with the Renda'dal...there's no lead or text to tell you the next step. and she says she's heading to Starcrest..which I went to only to find that's she's not there, but outside of Castleview.

This should point to Castleview Hamlet after the next update.

Lizabethan wrote:

Going into an Eldaar Dream and trying to go to the second room gives the message, "I can't seem pass the first room!" which should be "to pass into" or "go past".

During A Poisoned Dream, on quest helper (below mini-map) quest text says "Now the smell of basil fills my.." and cuts off right there. After you harvest a basil, it adds the word "senses" to that line. Same thing happens for the sage part.

"I can't seem to pass the first room!" -will be in the next update.

And the quest helper text (for "A Poisoned Dream") have nearly all been adjusted to fit into the helper window.  (It does in its current state, but only if you resize the window every time.)

Thanks for the feedback!

-Chrol

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Lenanu
Server: Oasis
Guild: Wandering Souls

Loremaster

When trying to find the Wood Elf Mentor the other day, guards would point me to where she later appears during the questline instead of over near the Babbleshire/Willow Wood entrence where I finally found her. Also, the Barbarian Mentor is lacking his Barbarian Mentor tag.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #16
Keroywn

Loremaster

Dwarven Quest #3 - Unable to fine Lerad Boilfist.  Not showing up on track, and no matter where I am in the capitol district, he's always "West", "West and Below" or "Southwest and Below".  No wisp trail ever appears.

**Update** He's in QH, but the guards there don't recognize the name.  The guards in the Capitol District do, but keep pointing me towards QH.

***Update*** Quest #4 - at the end you are supposed to meet Brelaine in her apartment, but there is no indication of where that apartment is.  I have checked all the doors in all 3 inns (NQ, SQ, and QH) and all are only a purchase option, none are available to enter for a quest.

Keroywn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Chrol

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

When trying to find the Wood Elf Mentor the other day, guards would point me to where she later appears during the questline instead of over near the Babbleshire/Willow Wood entrence where I finally found her.

I just bugged Maevianiu over in code about this and he fixed it!  Should go in after the next update.

-Chrol

Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #18
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Still no way to update the Halfling racial quest. SMILEY

Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #19
MalletMan

Elder

I tried the high elf quest with a copied toon, but only got as far as the part where you have to follow the Renda'dal boss to the portal, which i wasnt able to interact with.

MalletMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #20
Brienae
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

I was unable to proceed past the 3rd step in The Fae Racial quest: A Rocky Beginning

I copied my 92 Fae Trouby. The quest updates when stepping into Willow Wood and says "Investigate the Source of the tracks" I have been into every building, killed every Gnol (multiple times), and I've also looked around for some clickable items (which I have not found)  nothing has caused an update. If I am missing something then perhaps this update should be made a touch more obvious. Just a touch we don't need it to be blinding neon.  If it is a bug then it really needs fixed.

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Brienae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #21
Soresha

Tester

Human quest - The Virtue of the Just

I've still got a diary page in my inventory, despite having completed the quest.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #22
Soresha

Tester

Ratonga #1 - If it walks like a rat...

1. Quest doesn't tell you what zone to search in, needs to say to go to Capitol District. Given it's not your current one, this will be confusing without mentioning it, you won't see ROIs until you switch maps.

2. The green poison cloud effect on the food stores is massive. At 395.89, -19.38, 181.13 it extends through the wall of the building, so you see a green cloud in the wall as you approach.

3. The food store don't change when clicked on. Quest counter updates, but green cloud remains and you can click on the same item multiple times to get all the updates.

4. I didn't get jumped by the attackers until I'd finished the food stores and stolen goods. Don't know if that's coincidence or what, but I'd have expected to run into them at the same time.

Ratonga #2 - A Past Forgotten

1. Typo on Cippin - "a kindered fellow" should be "kindred"

2. The map trail is so cool! Omg thank you!! I was dreading having to find yet another thing in the mess of Down Below. But this is FUN!

3. Zone out door straight to Qeynos is appreciated too! This is nicely done.

4. Are the scouting equipment shared with other players? Some of the ROIs didn't have any in, which is confusing. I spent ages looking around the two ROIs closest to Qeynos which didn't have any, not knowin what I was looking for.

5. At -2,119.83, -24.96, 548.72 I managed to click the scouting equipment item, get an update. It stayed there. I clicked it again and got another update. That shouldn't be possible, unless two spawned on the same spot?

Ratonga #3 - In Our Own Way

1. Slight discrepancy, the items are called Clockwork Study Diagrams and the quest says to collect Studies in Clockwork Design.

2. At 899.15, -18.01, -478.95 there is a diagrams item stuck in the wall.

3. Tilla says the tower is smoking. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for but it wasn't visible really. I saw something might have been the tower but not clear.

4. The fire at the top of the tower is cool, but is a long way up for us short races! It also doesn't kick in immediately when you enter the area so you're under the tower already by then.

5. It doesn't say anything like "you defeated the necromancer!" Just moves on to the next instruction step after killing her.

6. Typo on quest step "Fiond the secret entrance to Starcrest Commune"

7. When I got to the secret entrance, I got the quest update for stopping the attack on the tower come up. So it's not in the right place.

8. Clicking on Necromantic Research items doesn't update anything, even though the despawn ok. The quest says these should come from Portal Guardians though - but killing those also does nothing. Neither part of this step is updating. Seems broken.

General thought on these quests. Tilla speaks like a ratonga, all "youses" etc.  You're a ratonga too, but you don't speak that way in the dialogue? I get that the librarian ratonga would be more educated, but not sure about your own character.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #23
Finora

Tester

MalletMan wrote:

I tried the high elf quest with a copied toon, but only got as far as the part where you have to follow the Renda'dal boss to the portal, which i wasnt able to interact with.

I'm having this issue with my resident test character as well. I've deleted the quest & restarted it, repatched etc etc & still can't get the quest to update past "Head into Talthallass's Hidden Chamber".

Now could be the big shiny portal at the end of the area you chase him through isn't the actual portal, but if it isn't I also could not find any other place where he could have gone.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #24
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

quelling the sullionite not beatable with the constant knock backs and not having a target on Marweth after she hits you it takes a good 5 to 6 seconds for me to be able to target her after each attack and she resets after each death or feign death how are you supposed to destroy the idol ith those tactics. the raccial rquests in freeport were nto this frustrating or nearly impossible to beat.

forgot to mention this is on a levle 62 monk with 52 mastercrafted armour. and a couple of pieces of the cloudmount armour

Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #25
Gamer1965

Tester

what about those who have toons that have betrayed? My toon is a Lvl 35 Sarnak Conjuror. Where's my racial ?
Gamer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

The kerra still get that flea ring? *sigh*

That is only for the time being, thankfully.  They won't be like that by the time this goes live.  All of the Qeynos racial ring rewards will be getting their own brand new states.

~Kaitheel

Old 06-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #27
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

what about those who have toons that have betrayed? My toon is a Lvl 35 Sarnak Conjuror. Where's my racial ?

It's in Freeport.  It's the same for a dwarf that betrayed to evil, too.

~Kaitheel

Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

Heya folks!!  SMILEY

Just a heads up that I'm going through all this feedback here and in the reports, and I'll be back a bit later to comment and report on what I got through.

Thanks for all that you've sent to us so far!  It's really good stuff.  SMILEY

Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
Yavie

Tester

Halfling Racial -- there is no way to update first quest.  I went all over the Baubleshire invis looking for a something to click or someone to talk to after I killed many void monsters.

YAVIE 90 WARDEN/90 CARP., PERMAFROST
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Yavie wrote:

Halfling Racial -- there is no way to update first quest.  I went all over the Baubleshire invis looking for a something to click or someone to talk to after I killed many void monsters.

This quest is supposed to update upon walking into the Baubbleshire, but is currently not working. Hoping it'll work after the update today!

I musta spent about 30 minutes looking for a clickie before I realized. /doh!