EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Lempo

Loremaster

The rough and scintillating gems both need to be NO-TRADE if the propsed shard removal requirements go through to live.

The rough gems are NO-TRADE, why should the scintillating gems be freely tradeable it makes no sense whatsoever.

Players will be able to simple purchase the gems from a broker, hail an NPC say I want the gear and have it pop right into their inventory.

Then they will go to a zone that a large majority of them will not be able to do anyway even though they gear that meets the requirements has been handed to them.

The only thing this will do is accelerate the pace in which other zones that actually provide some sort of challenge to being nerfed into something that is in no way fun or challenging.

Anything else is the equivalent of putting the items on a merchant in game with no requirements to purchase whatsoever.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Bawang

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Anything else is the equivalent of putting the items on a merchant in game with no requirements to purchase whatsoever.

Actually, this is exactly what SOE wants.  The more the game revolves around purchasing gear with plat the more gifting for plat that goes on, and the more profits for SOE.

That cat is already out of the bag.  As soon as SOE started making mounts with better looks and stats than anything that you could get in game with effort you noticed how lots of people started advertising gifting for plat on the channels.  These same people who gift for plat then bid on the auction channels to buy all the raid gear they need.  I agree this is wrong.  But as long as SOE profits from this situation there's no going back.  The world of Everquest has become corrupted by the very company that created the game and you either live with this corruption or quit.

Bawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Lempo

Loremaster

The last thing that I saw in game that looked really nice is the Carbonite Clockwork Cloak from Tinkerfest.

The detail, color corordination and bump mapping on it are awesome. I got it very early the day tinkerfest started then for the rest of the day I kept getting tells asking me "Where did you get that? I don't see it in the SC shop"

So pathetic that it has come to that.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Elomort

Loremaster

Bawang wrote:

...lots of people started advertising gifting for plat on the channels.  These same people who gift for plat then bid on the auction channels to buy all the raid gear they need...

And then the raiders buy a SC card code with the plat giving them a free months subscription.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Cratoh

Loremaster

Even if this is true then it is not a 'free' months sub - it has still been bought and paid for with real cash somewhere along the line.

Forum - 1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest

Censorship - deleting parts of publications or correspondence.

"Where there is official censorship it is a sign that speech is serious"
Cratoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Bawang wrote:

^^^ Totally gets the current situation.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
feldon30

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

The rough and scintillating gems both need to be NO-TRADE if the propsed shard removal requirements go through to live.

The rough gems are NO-TRADE, why should the scintillating gems be freely tradeable it makes no sense whatsoever.

Players will be able to simple purchase the gems from a broker, hail an NPC say I want the gear and have it pop right into their inventory.

You're a little slow. The price of gems has already doubled on most servers in response to this change.

It is obvious that SOE wants people to login on the day this change goes through, hail an NPC or hit up a crafter to get their Ry'Gorr armor and then start rolling Drunder groups. It's forced "progression". The "base" armor at level 90 now will be Ry'Gorr. Mudflation much?

This is gonna make plat farming huge again.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You're a little slow. The price of gems has already doubled on most servers in response to this change.

It is obvious that SOE wants people to login on the day this change goes through, hail an NPC or hit up a crafter to get their Ry'Gorr armor and then start rolling Drunder groups. It's forced "progression". The "base" armor at level 90 now will be Ry'Gorr. Mudflation much?

For those of us without raid gear chars, and not on plat splits etc, AND not willing to buy plat for cash this change means very little.  Getting the gems will still be the major roadblock.  I can for instance refine them on 9 characters, but I haven't gotten any.  (Except for the few that were a few gold each, but I am not spending 120p on 1 slot)

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
Magnis
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Volcan

Loremaster

can someone enlighten me? I havent seen any information te thurgan (i think thats what its called)  armor.  Will that still require shards or faction?  Or is it basically hail the NPC and have 20 plat ready and have brand spanking new armor?

never mine just red update "faction and coin is still required"

Magnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

can someone enlighten me? I havent seen any information te thurgan (i think thats what its called)  armor.  Will that still require shards or faction?  Or is it basically hail the NPC and have 20 plat ready and have brand spanking new armor?

never mine just red update "faction and coin is still required"

Yeah but you can have a crafter make it without faction or the coin cost. Just 25 coals a piece
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #11
Lempo

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm glad the price of the gems has went up sharply, because if SOE doesn't do the right thing and make these gems NO-TRADE in both states as they should be with this change incoming then at least the small handful I have will net me something however little that may be, 2 emeralds, 3 marbles and a citrine if they DO decide to do the right thing and make them NO-TRADE then I simply destroy them and free up 3 slots.

Nobody is going to hit up a crafter for these, it isn't like they have to stand in line at an NPC SMILEY

I also do not think the people that couldn't make it through the previous instances be it for the lack of trying or knowledge and understanding of the game and group mechanice are going to be rolling through anything in Drunder.

I guess it might increase plat farming to a degree, If that is the case then it will certainly provide another boost to SC sales which will be sold for plat then used to buy the gems or sold to players in game, with this increase in sales of SC I can only hope that SOE pays some price (i.e a large amount of SC fraund, CS nightmares from players being hacked delaing with shady plat sites) for continuing to bastardize the game. They are definately testing the waters here they might as well put this armor on SC for purchase because in the end that is what it is going to boil down to.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
Tylia
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Test of Time

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Then they will go to a zone that a large majority of them will not be able to do anyway even though they gear that meets the requirements has been handed to them.

The only thing this will do is accelerate the pace in which other zones that actually provide some sort of challenge to being nerfed into something that is in no way fun or challenging.

I disagree with NO-TRADE.  If they need to be changed, then at least they should be HEIRLOOM.  I have several gems that I have refined sitting in my shared bank, waiting to be used by an alt.  (They haven't been used because I hate doing "shard runs" just to gear up an alt.)  Yes, my alts will be happy if the proposed shard removal requirements goes live, but it won't be a problem to me if it doesn't.  I could care less one way or the other.  It would just mean an alt might get an upgrade or two that they might otherwise not have gotten.  But I WILL care if my ability to hand down gems that I have already aquired is taken away. 

Tylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
treebouncer

Loremaster

I agree if anything is done just make them Heirloom...

In any case even if they make the cut versions no drop people will just SLR the gems cluttering up channels more then they already are.

treebouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Lempo

Loremaster

treebouncer wrote:

In any case even if they make the cut versions no drop people will just SLR the gems cluttering up channels more then they already are.

The should not be heirloom the rough gems drop as no-trade, there is one intended purpose for these gems and that is the Ry'Gorr armor. It must have been an oversight that the refined gems can be traded this should not be like this ESPECIALLY if Ry'Gorr quality armor is going to be dished out for little more than hailing an NPC.

If people have to get the gems by SLR so be it, there is a mechanism in the game for them to earn them it is called drops from mobs that are killed. All the people that have problems with SLR because the person buying did not take place in the kill that have no problem with this well double standard much? If you are not present when the gem drops and you get a piece of armor that was made by that gem then you yourself have just obtained a piece of gear that you did not earn.

There is no other way to look at it.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

treebouncer wrote:

The should not be heirloom the rough gems drop as no-trade, there is one intended purpose for these gems and that is the Ry'Gorr armor. It must have been an oversight that the refined gems can be traded this should not be like this ESPECIALLY if Ry'Gorr quality armor is going to be dished out for little more than hailing an NPC.

If people have to get the gems by SLR so be it, there is a mechanism in the game for them to earn them it is called drops from mobs that are killed. All the people that have problems with SLR because the person buying did not take place in the kill that have no problem with this well double standard much? If you are not present when the gem drops and you get a piece of armor that was made by that gem then you yourself have just obtained a piece of gear that you did not earn.

There is no other way to look at it.

If buying the gems via SLR is acceptable, then so is the current way.. thus no change is needed.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
Lempo

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

If buying the gems via SLR is acceptable, then so is the current way.. thus no change is needed.

It would let the blind sheep and people that wear blinders willingly see how they are really getting the gear they are about to attune. No change is needed now unless they want to reduce shard costs to 15 vendor/10 player crafted, that is fine.

"Hail Gear Dude, Hook me up K thx"... "Here ya go"... "Wow ,thanks!" ... "Meh, don't mention it I didn't have to do anymore work than you"

Old 10-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
Ahlana

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Ahlana wrote:

It would let the blind sheep and people that wear blinders willingly see how they are really getting the gear they are about to attune. No change is needed now unless they want to reduce shard costs to 15 vendor/10 player crafted, that is fine.

"Hail Gear Dude, Hook me up K thx"... "Here ya go"... "Wow ,thanks!" ... "Meh, don't mention it I didn't have to do anymore work than you"

I am not in disagreeance with you in so much that there should be an alternative way.

I suggested 10 Crafter and 15 vendored for Thurg and to leave Rygorr alone. Or have the gear on smart loot and to actually drop from the dungeons themselves, perhaps patterns and pattern and gem is needed for Rygorr armor.

But that aside, I do not see them changing the gems. If this goes through (which it looks like it will as there has been no Dev to say it isn't) I assume that SOE is trying to remove roadblocks from getting Rygorr. If they do anything at all with the Gems I expect that it will be to make them drop more frequently tbh.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #18
Lempo

Loremaster

I could live with 10/5 for Thurg and 15/10 on Ry'Gorr.

This is only going to introduce another problem that has already been stated, people that couldn't clear the zone in better gear will continue to whine and moan and what little element of challenge is in those zones will get removed to make them happy as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #19
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

This is only going to introduce another problem that has already been stated, people that couldn't clear the zone in better gear will continue to whine and moan and what little element of challenge is in those zones will get removed to make them happy as well.

In coming script Nerfs in Kael 3 and Drunder ... I love it .. but mostly becasue people won't be able to SLR heroics anymore and stick to the x2's where they belong.

Funny thing is I really appreciate the SLR chubbies .. they make my gear better and all I have to do is pharm old scrub mobs for the coin ... Go get my loot and /tell me I'll be gald to come pick it up.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #20
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

In coming script Nerfs in Kael 3 and Drunder ... I love it .. but mostly becasue people won't be able to SLR heroics anymore and stick to the x2's where they belong.

Funny thing is I really appreciate the SLR chubbies .. they make my gear better and all I have to do is pharm old scrub mobs for the coin ... Go get my loot and /tell me I'll be gald to come pick it up.

I do not run heroics there is nothing there for me or my alts, but if the price of those gems go high enough you never know...

The people that do SLR are more than happy to take your coin, funny thing this game and as long as you are the bidder you can have it, the people that are selling it to you wouldn't wear it to begin with in most cases even the most lowly alt they have has far better. lol

It really doesn't matter how much better it makes your gear beyond the old 'scrub' mobs that you say you farm for the coin, just because you attune it means squat, if you are a scrub you'll still be one with that gear. The only difference is it might take another swing or two before you go down.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
thewarriorpoet

Loremaster

The gems are fine as is. They roughs are NO_TRADE to force crafter involvement. As it is, with the shard change they are getting screwed out of a bunch of commissions. Don't take the gems away too.

thewarriorpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #22
Lempo

Loremaster

thewarriorpoet wrote:

The gems are fine as is. They roughs are NO_TRADE to force crafter involvement. As it is, with the shard change they are getting screwed out of a bunch of commissions. Don't take the gems away too.

Making the gems no trade in both forms would have absolutely no effect of crafter involvement. What it would do is require the people that are getting the Ry'Gorr armor (which was falsely reported to require faction because it WILL NOT). If the Ry'Gorr armor is going to be handed out like candy basically just for logging in then there need to be other changes made as well. We are a few steps away from having raid gear in the SC shop, the waters are being tested. This gear is current content and it is the upper middle tier of heroic armor, so when Feb comes around and the next installment of Velious is released a full set of EM raid gear from DOV release will be made freely available somewhere, just wait and see, they are already setting precedent to 'justify' it. Absolutely nothing is required, let me reiterate that NOTHING is required short of having an account, logging in buying a gem(s), going to a crafter and viola a full set of gear. The crafters are already getting the shaft partially here because IF the players have faction then they just go to "The Gear Dude" hail him and walk away with a full set. So do you have any objections to that? If you don't then this objection is invalid as it is a joke of a double standard.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #23
Rageincarnate
Server: Unrest
Guild: Vindication

Loremaster

i read this

I do not run heroics

Then i stopped listening.

Rageincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #24
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

i read this

I do not run heroics

Join the club.

You have absolutely nothing to add obviously so why post.

When raid gear starts getting handed out for logging in then maybe your tone will change.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
ffd700

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

i read this

I do not run heroics

Join the club.

When raid gear starts getting handed out for logging in then maybe your tone will change.

It's still going to cost at least some coin, just like the raid gear you sell in auction channel. (that absolutely anyone can get mind you with a few game cards)

Are you QQing because this might hurt your SLR pocket change?

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #26
Lempo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

i read this

I do not run heroics

Join the club.

It's still going to cost at least some coin, just like the raid gear you sell in auction channel. (that absolutely anyone can get mind you with a few game cards)

Just as anyone can get the coin to buy SLR with game cards, they can get the coin for the zero effort Ry'Gorr gear a well. They could get rid of the SC shop alltogether and I would be elated.

I'm not QQing at all and for the record I do not do a lot of the SLR runs mainly because they conflict with my schedule and I have little need for more coin.

I understand that you may be happy with this change, maybe because you are terribad and can't get in a group that can carry your weight and get the shards you need and that is fine, your crowd (and it is your crowd because you are so strongly supportive of it) QQ'd until all challenge had been removed from the release DoV content, congrats, GJ, GG, woohoo. This might also have a negative effect on the bird population world wide because the window lickers that would be spending more time taste testing glass which in turn leaves streaks that birds can see and avoid flying into them will now be running around in zones that they have no business in because of a lack of skill will be causing a lot of grief for PUG's and DF groups.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #27
ffd700

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

i read this

I do not run heroics

Join the club.

Just as anyone can get the coin to buy SLR with game cards, they can get the coin for the zero effort Ry'Gorr gear a well. They could get rid of the SC shop alltogether and I would be elated.

I'm not QQing at all and for the record I do not do a lot of the SLR runs mainly because they conflict with my schedule and I have little need for more coin.

I understand that you may be happy with this change, maybe because you are terribad and can't get in a group that can carry your weight and get the shards you need and that is fine, your crowd (and it is your crowd because you are so strongly supportive of it) QQ'd until all challenge had been removed from the release DoV content, congrats, GJ, GG, woohoo. This might also have a negative effect on the bird population world wide because the window lickers that would be spending more time taste testing glass which in turn leaves streaks that birds can see and avoid flying into them will now be running around in zones that they have no business in because of a lack of skill will be causing a lot of grief for PUG's and DF groups.

Sure you are.  In this thread here, http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=507767, you are trying to make it easier to SLR fabled loot.  Yet you have a problem with being able to buy/sell gems that make legendary loot.

Even if they made the gems No-Trade after refining, people would just SLR them from instances, just like they do with raid loot.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #28
Lempo

Loremaster

Sure you are.  In this thread here, http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=507767, you are trying to make it easier to SLR fabled loot.  Yet you have a problem with being able to buy/sell gems that make legendary loot.

Even if they made the gems No-Trade after refining, people would just SLR them from instances, just like they do with raid loot.

Just because I made that post means nothing, I might go on 1 out of 20 of the SLR runs and that is a low estimate, the post was made the day after the last one I ran and I have not ran one since, you have no idea what you are talking about. It was made because it took so long to do loot and I see no reason for it, and it could easily be improved, it would only have a positive effect on gameplay, there are no negatives to it, you either benefit or you don't, if you don't then it is because you choose not to or do not need to. This isn't ok though oh no, however, it is perfectly acceptable for someone to hail an NPC and snag 7 pieces of armor at once for no effort.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Just because I made that post means nothing, I might go on 1 out of 20 of the SLR runs and that is a low estimate, the post was made the day after the last one I ran and I have not ran one since, you have no idea what you are talking about. It was made because it took so long to do loot and I see no reason for it, and it could easily be improved, it would only have a positive effect on gameplay, there are no negatives to it, you either benefit or you don't, if you don't then it is because you choose not to or do not need to. This isn't ok though oh no, however, it is perfectly acceptable for someone to hail an NPC and snag 7 pieces of armor at once for no effort.

That's a high quality backpedal.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #30
ffd700

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

If they're going to hail an NPC for the armor then they have had to at least put in the effort to grind out the required faction.

Both circumstances are identical in their outcomes though.  Buying a gem off the broker to make gear takes the same amount of effort to buy it in the auction channel via SLR.  Arguing pro one and against another just makes your arguments less valid.