EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Aethelm

Didnt see anything on the scedule about EQ Next. Anyone have any info fromFan Faire on that?

Aethelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
77fw

Ummmm, where is the Next info? I'm a 4 account EQOA user and am ready to bring my PS3 into the EQ world. Any information would be sweet.

77fw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
Kela

Master

The some total of EQ:N info is:

It will use SoE's new Force Light Engine developed in house specifically for MMOs... and one really cool screen shot of a guys face.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Yaviey

Community Relations

Yeah, sadly they weren't able to give any more info than what Kela just posted. Hopefully we'll get more info soon, though!

Yaviey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
SOE-Brasse

Community Relations

Dave did show some concept art of zones as well, during the Community Address.... as I recall. I was backstage at the time. Check out Gamebreaker.tv's coverage of the whooooole thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcc...feature=feedlik

(hope that link works for you, if not, let me know!)

Hint for those who like to fast forward: I come on at around 25 minutes, Smed is on at 41:40 with nVidia, EQ frnachise and PlanetSide within his address, and then I am back on at 1:26

Brasse

SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
Kela

Master

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Dave did show some concept art of zones as well, during the Community Address.... as I recall. I was backstage at the time. Check out Gamebreaker.tv's coverage of the whooooole thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUcc...feature=feedlik

(hope that link works for you, if not, let me know!)

Hint for those who like to fast forward: I come on at around 25 minutes, Smed is on at 41:40 with nVidia, EQ frnachise and PlanetSide within his address, and then I am back on at 1:26

Brasse

Well I was talking new info and if I recall correctly the Zone Consept Art was showen last year...though it could have been new conscept art...I don't have a good memory for consept art.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #7
Aethelm

Yea im sifting through the youtube clip and not seeing any news on EQ Next. Nothing since Fan Faire 2010.

Aethelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
Sav

There was only a few screenshots including a picture of a character, most of the news revolving around eq3 you could only gleam off the engine they are using on planetside 2, which they both are using.

Although during the ps2 panel smed would not go into any further detail about the engine, it is built from the ground up from sony, so no more modified unreal engine, finally.  The rest you can see in the video that brasse linked

Sav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
Kela

Master

I was able to find out from him that SoE currently is NOT planing on licencing it to other MMO makers. Instead he wants to keep it exclusive to SoE.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #10
Jo

I *heard* that SoE was only discussing things that were planned to occur between this fanfaire, and the NEXT fanfaire (2012).

Thus EQ Next is due out sometime AFTER 2012 Fanfaire....

Not much info, but that far off, we'll see...

Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #11
Kela

Master

Jook wrote:

I *heard* that SoE was only discussing things that were planned to occur between this fanfaire, and the NEXT fanfaire (2012).

Thus EQ Next is due out sometime AFTER 2012 Fanfaire....

Not much info, but that far off, we'll see...

Accually, going from past experiance. They tend to only show game trailers and such if they are resonably sure about making more concrete anouncements, mostly about features and whatnot, maybe even a Beta start window, at the next Show.

I don't expect to see Planetside 2 until Q4 2012 at the earliest, and more likly then not it will at best be going into Beta around then. As for EQ2Next...it all depends on how far along they get between now and Fan Faire 2012, as to weather or not we will hear anything about it or the new "undisclosed" game they are working on in Texas, at the next Fan Faire.