EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #31
Malosi

SOE Community Council

As a fan of one of the smaller games (PoxNora) I'm hoping to see at least some support for it and some of the other smaller games.

I do know 2 years ago there was an exclusive rune for FanFaire attendies, that was released to the rest of the players 6-8 months later.  Something like that again would be great.  Even if it was LE versions of existing runes that were for Fan Faire only.

I'm just hoping that when I go for the first time, that I'm not left at an event where the game(s) I play aren't focused on at all.

Malosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #32
Kela

Master

Mekii wrote:

No it's not a guild, but my point is still the same.

I still think a persons pricing level shouldn't depend on others. There are around 15 people from my guild going so pretty sure we would qualify for any guild benefit they offer. I don't think we should be rewarded with our own table though. The only thing this would do is seperate people from their friends.

I guess we all have different views on how we think things should be done. SOE will do what they think is best. No matter what they decide I'll be there having fun!

The thing is "Group Discounts" are a big part of conventions and travel, so it is a viable solution. Also alot of guilds do use this solution.

Lastly, the way they know if you are all in the same guild and qualify for the reduced price, is solely by the Name of the Guild you put in on the "Guild" line when appling for your badge. If 20 people all put "Guild of One" on thier badge for that line, and had the same "primary game" those 20 people would get a discount, they don't check against guild names in game or crossreferance your Charactor Name and your guild name to your account.

I know this because the question of do guild alliances going as a group count for the discount was asked last year, and the above was more or less the responce.

Everyone choose the same primary game, and everyone use the same "guild name" for that line and your good to go for the discount.

So all you have to do is Name your guild alliance, and then have everyone in the Alliance that is going use that name.

I also am against both Server restricted and Guild restricted tables, because by and large most of the people I hang out with at Fan Faire are not in my guild(It is dead and I am the only active member, and I solo most of the time), and for the most part are not on my server. IMO, you tend to make alot of friends at Fan Faire and to force seperation because of Guild or Server or game, kinda ruins the fun...atleast for me.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #33
Mekii

Happy Camper

As I said I'm sure my guild would qualify for any discounts they may offer. I've heard about people putting different guild names down when they register to get the discounts in the past. I personally like having MY guild name on my badge though and would be willing to pay the difference. Just figured others would feel the same way about their guilds /shrug.

Cost decisions aside, my primary concern is the guild tables. I'm sure most people's friends aren't limited to just the people in their guild. I don't want to be sepperated from them because 1 guild may have more people attending and gets a table and another doesn't. Also, as Kela said, FF is a good time to make new friends.

Anyways, I've stated my thoughts on this and am just repeating myself. They just need to hurry up, make a decision, and open registration already. I'm ready to go!

Are we there yet!?

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #34
fello

/agree   Sell me my darn tix all ready

fello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #35
Kela

Master

Mekii wrote:

As I said I'm sure my guild would qualify for any discounts they may offer. I've heard about people putting different guild names down when they register to get the discounts in the past. I personally like having MY guild name on my badge though and would be willing to pay the difference. Just figured others would feel the same way about their guilds /shrug.

Cost decisions aside, my primary concern is the guild tables. I'm sure most people's friends aren't limited to just the people in their guild. I don't want to be sepperated from them because 1 guild may have more people attending and gets a table and another doesn't. Also, as Kela said, FF is a good time to make new friends.

Anyways, I've stated my thoughts on this and am just repeating myself. They just need to hurry up, make a decision, and open registration already. I'm ready to go!

Are we there yet!?

Well what I did until this year(when I changed primary games). Is I put down in the "Guild" line "Kela from the boards", cause that is my name on EVERY SoE board, and really is where I am "most" known from. While puting may in game name on the "Name Line". What your people could do(if thier name is not too long), Is put in the name line of Guild and in the guild line put your Allance name.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Mekii

Happy Camper

Not a bad idea...to bad several of us have already bought our passes. I'll have to try to remember that next year. They would have to increase the amount of characters allowed for your name. Seems they have a 15 character limit on character names this year. I know a few people (myself included) had to leave their /surname off their badge.

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #37
Astart

Can we get a list of what goodies are available for the various levels of passes please? Last year hubby and I missed out becuase we were waiting for the list like it had been released in previous years to decide which passes we were going with. Last year however by the time the list was out our the class of passes we wanted was sold out. So to make it better imo please tell us our goodies or at least the main differences in the goodies between pass levels. Thanks!

Astart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #38
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

There's only 1 level of passes available this year. Well if you don't go for the All Access pass and just get the Day Event passes, you won't have access to the evening events I think; but otherwise it's all outlined at: http://events.station.sony.com/fanfaire/pricing.vm
Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #39
Starrla

Happy Camper

If there is a pool party this year make sure to have the misters going to keep things cool again.  That was great last year when they had those.  SMILEY

Starrla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
WarSheol

Happy Camper

I probably brought this up before regarding Name Badges.

Please please please put the player and game information on Both sides of the badge as it often will get flipped the wrong way and you have to constantly check it.

and slightly larger font size would be nice as well  So you dont have to get to close and personal to see peoples names and servers.

WarSheol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Starrla

Happy Camper

Qorteth wrote:

Niteshaid wrote:

Station store definitely needs an upgrade, I had saved up since Feb to have lots to spend when i got to fan faire, only to find there wasn't much to spend it on :-/ I remember there was a forum topic asking what items we wanted to see at the station store for last fan faire, maybe go back and look at it to see how many of the items could be made in time for this years fan faire.

Here's the thing. Every year there is a thread about what we would like to see at the Station Store and the store has had the exact same stuff every year for 4-5 years. I really don't know why they bother asking.

I agree...it is a topic that does not need to be addressed.  One can spend their money on gambling...hehehe Who knows...you might come back richer than when you came.  SMILEY

Old 04-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #42
Icene

The Quiet Type

Get Felicia Day and/or Sandeep P (from The Guild) as emcees. It would be awesome!!

Icene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #43
Dented

The Quiet Type

SOE hosted a great pool party, if it had fire breathers and exotic dancers and some food it would be the best pool party I have even been to.  Not saying that should be taken in consideration but just putting that out there.  I would fly all the way to vegas again just to attend that pool party, it was great!!!

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #44
Starrla

Happy Camper

i totally agree,  soe puts on the best parties and if you are going and never been you will how fun they are .?

Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #45
Zornhed

The Quiet Type

I would like to see server tables again like in years past. I hate the bum rush for seats and it's dangerous. It's a injury lawsuit waiting to happen.

Zornhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #46
crystanrei

hmmm how about bringing FF to the East Coast, sayyyy New York or Buffalo or Boston.  I have not been to a FF since EQ1 in Boston as I cannot afford to go over 2000 miles to the west coast.....How about letting us East Coasters share in some of the fun?

crystanrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #47
Olympos

The Quiet Type

I would love to see lots more vendors, better buffet, contests/giveaways, some karaoke at the pool party.

Make it worth everyone while and feel like we are getting are moneys worth.

Olympos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #48
Baodam

The Quiet Type

I really would like to see some improvements to the platnium lounge concept. It was a nice idea to have a place to relax near the convention halls but there just wasn't enough amenities. Even if we had to pay at a concession stand and get food and drinks within the lounge...that would be great!!!. Also, I would like to see more game time....possible some guild against guild action or some more group against group....Not PVP but PVE with timed race to see how many kills etc. Also, there are many people that would like to go to fan faire but just can't afford it. Would it be possible to setup some live streaming or video conferencing stations hooked up to a website so we can tell our guildies what's going on? This would definately increase the attendance for next year!!!

Baodam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #49
fogc

Icene wrote:

Get Felicia Day and/or Sandeep P (from The Guild) as emcees. It would be awesome!!

This ^^ SMILEY

Also, and please take this as not a rant but a plea, do double double checks on the computer equipment setup.  IIRC last year it went down in the middle of tourneys.  I know several times while I was on to talk to guildies about events, the system would go down...and I wasn't even on much.  Please do multiple system checks. kthanx

The pool party last year was pretty awesome.  I highly recommend the same with the misters.  ahhhh...misty....

Some of the panels (eq2 mechanics) took so long that not everyone got their question answered and several people got 2 or 3.  If you are going to have someone aribitrarily pick people for the questions, please make sure you get to everyone at least once before getting another question from the same person.  Or find a different approach.

The RL questing was fun but is there any way to spread it out?  So many people were doing it, it got real cramped in that hallway.  Otherwise, please have that again.  It was fun grouping with new people and figuring out things as fast as we could.

Even though I am just on EQ2, I felt bad for the Vanguard people I was hanging out with.  There was NO mention of the game anywhere.  If you could just present them somewhere...remember they are subscribers too.  At least a footnote...somewhere?

I have gone to FF 2 years in a row and this is my third.  All of the above are suggestions because every time so far it has pretty well rocked.  Well except having a WoW fanboi MC.  That is all

fogc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #50
Lera

Happy Camper

fogcat wrote:

The RL questing was fun but is there any way to spread it out?  So many people were doing it, it got real cramped in that hallway.  Otherwise, please have that again.  It was fun grouping with new people and figuring out things as fast as we could.

The live quest definitely needs some fixing. It's very fun, but all the NPCs always get very heavily camped. But last year was much better than the year before, when you had to return to the quest giver after every step. That works in-game, but at Fan Faire, it makes the quest unfinishable.

And how do they decide who wins?

Some kind of reward would be nice for everyone - special in-game furniture would be best.

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #51
Kela

Master

crystanreine wrote:

hmmm how about bringing FF to the East Coast, sayyyy New York or Buffalo or Boston.  I have not been to a FF since EQ1 in Boston as I cannot afford to go over 2000 miles to the west coast.....How about letting us East Coasters share in some of the fun?

You are aware that unless your driving and staying at your own, or a friends house it is would LIKLY be CHEAPER for you to goto the Los Vegas Fan Faire then ANY held in ANY city on the East Coast...I have done the math a large number of times on this thread I won't do it again... unless forced...but suficite to say name one Hotel on the East Coast with a convention center the size of Bally's(or bigger as it is getting kinda crowded there), where you could stay at FOR A WEEK for around $900 including travel expences.

Yes, if you happen to live in the city holding the event, OR happen to live with-in a resonable driving distance, it MIGHT be cheaper if it was closer to you(but with gas prices the way they are that isn't a save bet). The fact is that for the vaste majority of the people GOING TO FAN FAIRE, it will ALWAYS be cheaper for it to be in Vegas, as really the only ones it is not cheaper for is the few hundred that might live in the city it is held in.

Then of course there is the fact that is VASTLY cheaper for SoE to hold it somewhere with-in driving distance of short-haul truckers...then it is to hire a cross country Rig or two for all the stuff they have to bring to Fan Faire...then there is the Plane tickets...the SD people all ride a charter bus to Vegas.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #52
glormin

The Quiet Type

1) Any way to distinguish which game you play with name tags. Like different color ribbons, or even color of tag. I play EQ ONLY. I had no idea what  to talk about people who play EQ2.. happened to be sit together on same dinner table.. People there want to meet fellows who play same game and chat about it. Such a pain to ask each time you meet people "so what game do you play?"

Additional to it... LETTERS of name, guild, server are TOO SMALL to read!

2) Is there a any way to stop MAD dash to save banquet table for guildies/ server? About 15 of us from same server wanted to sit together but there were no table left. We had to scattered all over SMILEY No fun. In old days you guys used to set tables with server tag on before people enter even. That would save a ton of grief.

3) Again at banquet MAD dash for food line had been horrible. Any way you can guide people like set numbers on each tables, and guide like "table 1-3 go to left food line, 4-6 to right" then after 5-10mins "7-10.. blah blah"??? If you can lead raid, you sure can lead hungry gamers!

Thanks!

glormin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #53
BuddieRowe

The Quiet Type

Been giving some thought on the banquet  tabble dash .... cool event but lil rough some time.... this will be my sixth fan faire and that has always been a problem some want guild or server tables but then they meet peep at fan faire and find out opps same game diff server or heavennforbid diff game now we cant chat at dinner.... here is my idea you know layout of tables and how many can sit at table let us sign up our group at tables... not enough for group table have some open invite tables kind of like pick up group put your name and game down and let it fill with what you get. you could set up at  Phat loot area and you could even have blank table cards fo us to fill out and stick on table of layout... then card goes to table ... limited mad rush

BuddieRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #54
Trueflight_Silverwing

The Quiet Type

I would like to see more events make use of the Giant room where we had the banquet.  I found it silly that with that stage and everything available, at last years FF the kareoke was held in that tiny room off the side of the marketplace rather than in the giant room with the nice sound system and stage (as it was held the year before and was awesome).

Even though the platinum passes are no more, I hope an effort is still made to have a place like the platinum longue where players can hang out, have a seat, and meet up with their friends.  It was a good concept last year, and turned into a hangout for a lot of people.

No Jace Hall is already a plus.  He is entertaining at times, but I found a lot of his antics last year more annoying than entertaining and I think a lot of others did as well.

Trueflight_Silverwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #55
Kela

Master

Trueflight_Silverwing wrote:

I would like to see more events make use of the Giant room where we had the banquet.  I found it silly that with that stage and everything available, at last years FF the kareoke was held in that tiny room off the side of the marketplace rather than in the giant room with the nice sound system and stage (as it was held the year before and was awesome).

Well if you went to any of the EQ2 panels they where held in there, however I think PART of the reason that they didn't hold that many events on the stage using the sound system was that it cost like 5 grand* just to turn on the screen behind the stage...so using the rest would be even more expencive.

Though IMO, what I would LOVE to see, is that they do the "informal" Smed Address at the first night meet and greet again, and have him kick off, live-band Karaoke... he can really rock Welcome to the Jungle**...

*I got this number from an EQ2 dev when I asked them why they didn't just use the big screen for thier "demo" images, instead of the small portable one.

**links provided apon request.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #56
Patancia

Happy Camper

I agree with Kela. The band and Kareoke would be great at the meet and greet. And yes, Smed does rock. I would also like to see/hear the guy that sang Dream On the year before last.

Patancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #57
Laedyin

Last year I was rather upset to learn that FF peeps only got the lowbie version of the new expansion, and no ability to upgrade to the collectors edition without paying for the whole thing.

Please, either give us the collector's edition for being the loyal fans that we are, or give us the opportunity to "upgrade" to the collector edition later on, if there will be two tiers of the expansion this year as well.

Laedyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #58
Lera

Happy Camper

They added the ability to upgrade a few weeks before Destiny of Velious was released (not sure if they did this for the EQ1 expansion or not). Hopefully this will continue for the next one.

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote