EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #1
Kela

Master

The subject says it all really.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
Kela

Master

I would really like to budget for this, and make sure I get a plat pass, if they do those again this year, will we get atleast a few days warning befor they go on sale? I would prefure a week or two warning.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
SOE-Brasse

Community Relations

"Spring"

That gives us a three month window of wriggle room, but we are meeting within the next few weeks to discuss our own budgets, which will determine how much we need to charge for passes. We don't break even on Fan Faire of course, but we try to recoup some cost.

I would expect that the prices will not double, and of course, the pass itself will likely be the smallest portion of your budget after rooms, travel, food and well... if yer ME... ale.

;-)#

SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Kela

Master

SOE-Brasse wrote:

"Spring"

That gives us a three month window of wriggle room, but we are meeting within the next few weeks to discuss our own budgets, which will determine how much we need to charge for passes. We don't break even on Fan Faire of course, but we try to recoup some cost.

I would expect that the prices will not double, and of course, the pass itself will likely be the smallest portion of your budget after rooms, travel, food and well... if yer ME... ale.

SMILEY#

I thought the ale was part of your budget(and the biggest reason you guys take a loss)...Or has Smed learned from his mistake and no longer allows Dwarfs "open" access to "bars". SMILEY

I am really not conserned about the cost of the pass(other then having the correct amount on hand the moment we can register), I am more conserned about when they go on sale so I can sign up early enough to get a Plat Pass(if you deside to go that way again).

Old 02-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
soehatesshamen

Happy Camper

Are there going to be different passes again this year? I did the Plat pass last year...It was very easy to figure out how to get past that.You have 1 member of your guild buy a plat pass and you were set...you were able to hold seating and what not.With my plat pass last year...I felt let down...there wasent anything special...we just paid more.The plat lounge was a joke...just more tables to sit at.

My plat pass didnt get me entered into any more give aways...heck there wasent many.I spun a wheel and won some candy...and That had nothing to do with my plat pass.

I'd like to know when registration is going to open...buying the lowest pass isnt going to hurt...I'll save some money!

Any chance of SOE offering an all inclusive? Like room,pass,and food?I bet with some research...both SOE and ballys would make alot of money!

soehatesshamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
Kela

Master

soehatesshamen wrote:

Are there going to be different passes again this year? I did the Plat pass last year...It was very easy to figure out how to get past that.You have 1 member of your guild buy a plat pass and you were set...you were able to hold seating and what not.With my plat pass last year...I felt let down...there wasent anything special...we just paid more.The plat lounge was a joke...just more tables to sit at.

They are aware of many of the problems with the plat passes, the biggest being too many where sold, second to many easy ways around said passes, third not a clear deliniation of what you got "extra" beyond early access to areas. If they do mutli-level passes again, I am sure many of those issues will be ironed out. Some of the extras beyond the in-game items(wich some would have paid the plat price for alone, though knowing ahead of time that they would be available ala'cart in the lounge would have been nice), you got pritty much just the DCUO Beta key, and maybe one or two addtional pieces of swag. That said the Plat lounge was SUPPOSED TO be an easier place to meet devs, but that didn't get communicated correctly.

My plat pass didnt get me entered into any more give aways...heck there wasent many.I spun a wheel and won some candy...and That had nothing to do with my plat pass.

I don't think it should have got you into more giveaways, a larger Swag bag yeah, more contests, no

I'd like to know when registration is going to open...buying the lowest pass isnt going to hurt...I'll save some money!

Any chance of SOE offering an all inclusive? Like room,pass,and food?I bet with some research...both SOE and ballys would make alot of money!

I think something like this was talked about in the feedback forum, aparently the hotel and resturants don't like the idea of sharing the "package" with SoE, that said there are "Day Passes" for the Buffets that where farely cheep, like $25 or something like that, and you could go to any buffet in any hotel run by Balley's Parent Company for a 24hr period and eat all you wanted. Balley's is also offering a discounted room rate already as well. So you could build your own package.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Amnerys

Community Mgr

Register Now for Fan Faire 2011!

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
Meric

Journeyman

I'm so registered!!!

Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
MystipulMystRakkasta

Me to Me to!!> I'm Soooooo ready for fan fair!!!.. registered and packed!

MystipulMystRakkasta is offline   Reply With Quote