EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #61
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Closing the Black Market - Kyle Bayle

-Destroy all of the smuggled goods

-Kill the smugglers

The instance is completely empty

clicky door toward the end doesn't open.

There is no apparent exit from the instance.

(posting it again just to be sure it gets noticed)

Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #62
Irgun

Loremaster

actually there are enough smugglers / chests in the zone to kill / destroy, they are all behind the bugged door tho.

But yes, you cannot zone out, evac works tho - brings you back to Queynos Harbor.

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #63
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Spies in Qeynos - Marik McPhaerson III

Palax and Rarezut are naked. Didn't check the ones before.

Propaganda Postings - Marik I'm a bit surprised by this questline. We had to do the Vishra's quests first helping the queen and now we have to put propaganda AGAINST the queen everywhere and we don't even ask a question?

In Qeynos Harbor, I first searched outside the inn and when I walked near the wall at 813.81, -23.35, 73.67 I had somebody speaking about the poster I was supposed to be hanging through the wall of the inn (guard was inside and me outside)Perhaps the trigger for the dialog should be when we hang the poster, not when we go close.

Weird thing happened then. I entered and finished the dialog whith the guard then "killed" him. I then hanged the poster and had a blue message (like the old books) spawn giving me Dravin dialog. When I clicked "It is a poster given to me by a member of the circle", Dravin spawned back and I was able to kill him once more to update the quest (this forced spawn is a very good idea).

Of Clocks and Clankers - Marik

Would it be possible to actually get a music when we activate the code? I see notes but heard nothing (my music was low so could have missed it though).

I spoke with Marik within the meeting instance and he was lacking a quest feather.

Secrets and ceremonies down below

I made a typo in my walkthrough and so I'm wondering if "Kane Bayle" is always written "Kane Bayle" in that quest.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #64
Eshaac

Tester

Quest "Lending your skills"; Journal says to seek out Belerth a scout trainee near the archery area.  the name is miss spelled.  I should be Gelerth and not Belerth in the journal.  Also there was "no" feather/book above his head or marking on map for his location.  Which is behind the building near archery.

Also the second step after hailing him is to take him to the "caves" to teach him about using stealth.  When in the caves you will get jumped or at least I did with me 92 BL Gelerth will disappear not to be found in caves.  I found him back where I originally hailed him near archery, however he does not respond and I can go no further on this quest.

Eshaac;  Gah... Duh.. just realized I put this in wrong place.  Wasn't paying attention to where I was. eeekk belongs in scout section.. 

Pls move.

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Curley 32 SK, 32 Alchemist ; Squint 20 Mystic, 22 Sage

Eshaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #65
theriatis

Loremaster

Full Circle

While being on 2 Quests where i had to speak with Field Marshall Vishra, i could not activate the Full Circle, even after doing all the others (with the Queen on the Boat the last). Even after deleting Full Circle and getting it anew, he did not have a feather and also did not get me a quest update.

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #66
Whilhelmina

Tester

(This Full Circle quest is weird. You shouldn't be able to have the quests at the same time, Full circle is in the level 20 timeline and the quests with the boat are in the level 40 timeline).

Interesting to see that Soresja had no clue as to where to go when "old-timers" who lived in Qeynos years ago go straight to the right area. You may want to give some more informations in the dialog or quest journal.

So, well, I went to the grotto for the step "Destroy the black market goods". There's absolutely nothing clickable in the area for me (around 883.48, -31.80, 25.44 ). The door at the back is not clickable either.I camped to self, it didn't work.I deleted and retook the quest, it didn't work.I zoned and came back, it didn't work.I camped to desktop and came back, it didn't work.

I'm on Yseult (level 52 barbarian paladin, did all storyline quests up to that one, level 20 & 40 warrior quests and the 3 barbarian quests).

Old 06-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #67
Cyrdemac

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

(This Full Circle quest is weird. You shouldn't be able to have the quests at the same time, Full circle is in the level 20 timeline and the quests with the boat are in the level 40 timeline).

Interesting to see that Soresja had no clue as to where to go when "old-timers" who lived in Qeynos years ago go straight to the right area. You may want to give some more informations in the dialog or quest journal.

So, well, I went to the grotto for the step "Destroy the black market goods". There's absolutely nothing clickable in the area for me (around 883.48, -31.80, 25.44 ). The door at the back is not clickable either.I camped to self, it didn't work.I deleted and retook the quest, it didn't work.I zoned and came back, it didn't work.I camped to desktop and came back, it didn't work.

I'm on Yseult (level 52 barbarian paladin, did all storyline quests up to that one, level 20 & 40 warrior quests and the 3 barbarian quests).

try right-klick the crates there, they don't highlight on mouse-over

The real problem is the zone afterwards, where the door at the end keeps closed and you can't finish the quest.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #68
Lizabethan

Philosopher

When turning in Law of the Land to Guard Schlen, I get a one-time error message on my screen that says "[DEVL] INVALID - no progress texts specified". However, she does talk to me, accept my quest, and give me a new one.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #69
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Not sure if this is a true "bug".

Quest: Propoganda Postings

If you're outside the Fish's Alehouse searching for the poster, you get dialog bubbles through the wall from Guard Dravin. If you go through his dialogue while outside (I thought the poster'd pop outside if I went through his dialogue), he runs through the wall to attack. After killing him, more copies spawn over and over until you go inside, kill him in his proper place, and hang the poster. The second time I did this quest, I went immediately inside, but was forced to kill Guard Dravin twice (in his correct indoor spot) before the quest would update that I hung the poster.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #70
Whilhelmina

Tester

Cyrdemac wrote:

try right-klick the crates there, they don't highlight on mouse-over

The real problem is the zone afterwards, where the door at the end keeps closed and you can't finish the quest.

Didn't work yesterday, I'll try today.

Gnoll Threat Within - Harkam

After killing the gnolls, if you right-click them to loot, you still get the option "attack the gnoll" on the corpse.

Dire Delivery to Ironforge - Harkam

The bloodsabers are naked.

I checked gating back then going to see baron Ironforge and I was ambushed when I reached the ironforge exchange. Kudos for taking into account players that may gate out and miss the ambush spot!

Full Circle - Kwipp Stalwart

Updated without any problems for me today, but I may have found the problem. I took Kwipp quest but NOT Murrar Sahr quest. I think if you start the level 40 timeline with murrar shar sending you to Vishra, then yo ucan't update Full Circle at all.

Unsafe Harbor - Vishra

You don't update the step "enter the palace" if you click on the door from afar. The updating step is when you step very close to the door outside the palace, no tthe actual act of entering.

Spies in Qeynos - Marik

Can confirm that all the spies are naked. They all seem to con grey but they award xp and are even level (I'm 92)

Propaganda Postings - Marik

I broke the quest! I broke the quest!

I went to put the propaganda in NQ (283.37, -20.21, -59.45 ) but someone wanted to check something on the armor upgrade merchant so I went to have a look and forgot to speak to Drobble Clankworth (who is naked btw).The quest journal told me to speak to him, but double-clicking him does'nt work, nor hailing him. So if you don't speak to him right away, you have to delete and retake the quest.

Of Clocks and Clankers - Marik

If you leave the instance without speaking to Marik, the PoI to speak to him is by Drobble Clankworth (280.86, -20.26, -58.59). marik updates just fine though.

On second thoughts, it's a bit strange to have Kyle just spawn there without coming in or at least saying something like "I came to see this helpful citizen".

Could interact with the crates today.Kajiz is lacking a quest feather.

I'm now stuck in the same place as all the others!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #71
theriatis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Could interact with the crates today.Kajiz is lacking a quest feather.

I'm now stuck in the same place as all the others!

Still an empty Instance with a Dead End Door.

Regards, theriatis.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #72
Kaitheel

Dev

Thank you all for your diligent testing and thorough reporting!  There are quite a few changes that I've made over the last two work days, that should be making their way to the Test servers at some point this week:

Quests

• Spies in Qeynos - Targeted NPC names are now white to reflect that they are even conned.
  • Propaganda Postings - Drobble Clankworth has found his clothes.
  • Propaganda Postings - Guard Dravin now reacts after you have hung the poster.
  • Propaganda Postings - The Herb Jar location is now marked on the map.
  • Of Clocks and Clankers - Interactive area on the Clock of Ak'Anon has been enlarged.
  • Of Clocks and Clankers - Clock Guardian's name is now white to reflect that it is even conned.
  • Of Clocks and Clankers - Marik McPherson requires you to speak with him in Qeynos Capitol District.
  • Of Clocks and Clankers - Quest completion text is more thorough now.
  • Closing the Black Market - The door to the Smuggler's Vault will now take you to the correct location within the zone.
  • The Magician's Solution - The castle moat perch's name is now white to reflect that it is even conned.
  • The Magician's Solution - Arbos moss is now much easier to spot!
  • Dire Delivery to Ironforge - The Bloodsabers now have uniforms.
  • Gnoll Threat Within - The Rockpaw gnolls will now attack you upon approach!
  • Forgotten Shroud - Priest Ian Turner recognizes the burial shroud, once more.
  • Vida Needs a New Broom - Tawli Whiskwind has moved to Qeynos Capitol District, near the Coldwind Stables.
  • Marr's Work Be Done - The conversation with Kwipp Stalwart now includes a description of the affliction Kwa suffered from.
  • Full Circle - Kwipp Stalwart now gives Field Marshal Vishra's location.
  • Full Circle - Field Marshal Vishra now gives General Golias Sydwen and Daylia the Vigil's location.
  • Full Circle - General Golias Sydwen now has a quest feather icon.
  • Full Circle - Daylia the Vigil's location is now marked on the map.

Population

• Murrar Shar's uniform includes the Sword of Thunder, once again.
  • Squire-Guard Williamson, of the Qeynos Guard, now sells faction items.
  • A Hunk of Scrap Metal can now also be purchased from Hegrenn in Qeynos Capitol District.

I'm not sure when each of these may make it to the Test servers, but they are on their way!

~Kaitheel

Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #73
Lizabethan

Philosopher

On the quest "Full Circle" (done with some help advancing the step), Field Marshal Vishra sent me to General Golias Sydwen and Daylia the Vigil, then I was asked to report back to him. Unfortunately, he won't update me, just says "Qeynos benefits from heroes like you". Ack!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #74
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev

So, heads up if you're currently stuck on the quest "Full Circle".

There was an error in Murrar's hail dialog.  He was looking to see if you had completed Harkam and Rinna's line before handing you his quest "The Eagle and the Hawk".  However, he SHOULD have been looking for you to have finished Kwipp's lines instead.  If you are on "The Eagle and the Hawk", and have finished Vishra's part of it, you're now broken.  There's a fix in to prevent this from happening again, however, there's no easy way to fix those already in this state.

Therefore, for those of you on Test server, just ping me when I'm on, and I'll advance "Full Circle" for you.  Sorry about the break there, guys - and thank you Lizabethan for being a guinea halfling for this fix.  SMILEY

Old 07-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #75
ChrisMarchant

Tester

The books for the racial histories need updating.

Just got the Crater Pond update for The History of The Gnomes and it's sending me to the spectacular Sprocket of Ak'Anon in Baubleshire!!!!

Which of course I now can't get to!!!!

Can you do the same as you did for the Freeport village updates please.

I know this is slightly off topic, but it does need doing before the revamp goes live.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
theriatis

Loremaster

Unexpected Support

- Lachlyn is naked

- clicking the "Tunnels to Blackburrow" does nothing.

Best Intentions

- Lilly has no feather and won't speak with me.

One Suggestion:

After the Meeting from Antonia with their Council, the Council should retreat before she speaks with you (seems more appropriate).

Regards, theriatis.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #77
Whilhelmina

Tester

After braking up the crates, the bits and pieces of smashed crates are floating at roughly 0.6 above the floor in the corridor and 1.2 in the part where the forges are in the regular instance.In fact at the exact time you kill the crate, it teleports above itself, like if it was placed just above the non-killed crate and the remains spawn where the teleported crates are. The only crate remains that spawn at the right Z loc is at -6.82, -6.44, -22.17.

When going back to Kyle, he thanks me... and that's all.Quest finished without problem, but I'm left not knowing what to do after that and hailing him gaves me back the dialog to get Closing the Black Market

Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #78
Lizabethan

Philosopher

After completing Closing the Black Market, Kyle Bayle (upon hailing him again) will go back through the dialogue that started Closing the Black Market ("I was impressed with your speech" is the first. He then asks you to remove the corruption and you say "It'll be my pleasure!") but no new quest is given.

Not sure if bug or OCD SMILEY

Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #79
Whilhelmina

Tester

It's the end of the 40 timeline, need to speak to Murrar shar

Level 60 timeline

Best of Intentions  - Murrar Shar

Typo in opening dialog: "that was quite a journey out to see". Should be "sea"

No PoI for Lilly Ironforge

Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #80
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Received "Royal Court of Qeynos" mail twice for the quest "The Price of the Crown".

Edit: Three times now, before and during the quest.

Edit edit: Got it nine times!

Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #81
Whilhelmina

Tester

Forgotten Shroud

Ian Turner is working once more but he's lacking a quest feather.Also, he finished my quest instead of only advancing it if the quest didn't change.

Walkthrough on ZAM is:

This quest is initiated by examining "A Burial Shroud". This item is dropped by Ayamia, the Rat Queen in Vermin's Snye.

You must first take this shroud to an Priest Ian Turner in the Temple of Life in North Qeynos (+10, -4, -7).

You then must place it in the grave of Lord Mrallon in Vemrin's Snye. This is the grave with the green carpet leading to it, just north of the Tomb of Tonmerk instance (+236, +1, -156).

I didn't have to return to Vermin's Snye and got 1s 65 coppers as a reward. ZAM says I should get aITEM 847440114 -1001807008:Torq of Nife/a too, but as it's badly outdated that one could be intended.

EDIT ok, weirder and weirder. I just realised I got the quest reward from Ian Turner but still have the quest active, will try to sinish it, stay tuned

EDIT of the EDIT : ok, going back to Vermin's Snye at the above loc, when stepping near, the quest finished and I got the Torq. So the reward is split in two.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #82
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Quest : The Price of the Crown

There's no ROI for the scout.

Also, for this quest, I wait through the Council and Queen talking and it updates that step of the quest. She has a red book over her head but won't complete my "speak to Antonia Bayle in her chambers" step.

Edit: zoning in and out of the castle fixed this ^

Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #83
theriatis

Loremaster

Tower Defense

- I slayed the ghastly knights and can't use the Porter upwards.

- Telling the Guy before the Tower "No, i need to prepare" gives you no option to talk to him again; thus, you have to delete the Quest and get it anew before you can Enter his Version of the Tower.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #84
Soresha

Tester

3. All but one of the graphics for the destroyed crates are floating in mid-air.

4. Completing this quest, same results as other above. You're left no really knowing where to go next. And Kyle really needs some different default dialogue if you do re-hail him.

Best of Intentions - Marrar Shar

1. Typo in dialogue before quest: "out to see" should be "sea".

2. Quest description and first step don't repeat the information about Lilly being in the Jewel Box. A

3. No map POI for Lilly either.

3. Same as other people are finding. I got this quest, went to see Gavin, completed his quest. Came back to Lilly and she won't speak to me. First quest step is to speak to Lilly - I assumed it was to speak to Gavin. Maybe that's why it wouldn't update.

Ironforged Requests - Gavin Ironforge

3. Typo in dialogue with Lilly - "costumers need not be saddled with my concerns" - should be "customers".

4. No map ROI for the kestrels and lead.

5. Some of the kestrels just won't turn attackable. Seems to be when they're too high up in the sky above you, you can't get close enough for the proximity trigger. Needs a bigger range?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #85
Soresha

Tester

Royal Court of Qeynos Mail

1. Mail seems to be triggered every time you zone, not just in Qeynos but the palace instance, Antonica, etc.

2. Typo in the mail content, the last line is ", Antonia Bayle". Not sure what should be before the comma there.

The Price of the Crown - Antonia

1. The animation for wailing and banging your fists on the floor seems a bit much, even if Antonia is momentarily losing it. Isn't there a less extreme weeping animation you could use? I just can't see a queen do that, even if upset.

2. No map POI for the scout, on 2nd quest step.

3. Outsider Lidsey has no clothes on, eek!

4. Typo in dialogue with Antonia on returning - "I will have send the guard send his famly"

5. Took a long time for the council members to arrive.

6. After the meeting the council members don't leave before you talk to Antonia again, yet her dialogue implies you should be alone with her again at this point.

7. After the meeting you have to use "H" to hail Antonia to continue, clicking with the mouse doesn't work.

Unexpected Support - Antonia

1. Dialogue with Antonia doesn't make sense - "your proposal is a dangerous one. I am reluctant to accept though".

2. No map POI for Farmer Gerrit.

3. No map POI for Lachlyn.

4. Lachlyn is naked too. Argh!!

5. 3rd sub-step to defeat gnolls near the farm could really use a map ROI.

6. Dialogue says you're checking near the farm perimete and Lachlyn is checking out in the fields. So I went to the farm building first and didn't find anything. The gnolls you kill are actually in the field, which doesn't fit.

7. Dialogue says the gnolls left one tunnel open. But you can click on any of three of them to zone in. I'd expect two of them to be blocked off and only one clickable.

8. The zone is called Blackburrow Tunnels but the mouseover on the ladder to leave calls it Splitpaw Lair.

9. I like this, going into the tunnels after the gnolls!

Tower Defense - Antonia

1. Inside of the tower is cool with the lights out. But yeah, teleporters not working for me either.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #86
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Echoing what others have said.. Quest : Best of Intentions

Managed to get through a Baron's Loss (was gated earlier) on Test Copy but after the catacomb sequence, couldn't talk to Lilly to update Best of Intentions.

The story JUST got good, I'm really into it. Please stop gating us at the good parts! SMILEY

Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #87
Whilhelmina

Tester

Soresha wrote:

5. Some of the kestrels just won't turn attackable. Seems to be when they're too high up in the sky above you, you can't get close enough for the proximity trigger. Needs a bigger range?

I'm a bit confused about your "proximity trigger". I always double click the NPC to turn them into mobs and had no problems?

Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #88
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

Soresha wrote:

I'm a bit confused about your "proximity trigger". I always double click the NPC to turn them into mobs and had no problems?

That is it.  You must click on 'em to turn them attackable.

~Kaitheel

Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #89
Whilhelmina

Tester

The Price of the Crown - Antonia Bayle

What Sor said.Typo on the quest step "Whatch Queen Antonia Address the Council Members". Should be "address" and "members".

Old 07-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #90
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I have finished the Marik quests and had Full Circle still up (cause Vishra wouldn't update) and he's still not updating the questline. so your fix to not be gated if you had 'the eagle and the hawk' didn't fix it for people that did the quests they could do while waiting for this to be fixed.

*Edit*

Same as others, after getting the supplies for Gavin...Lily waon't talk to me again to update the quest. just wants me to find out what's troubling Gavin. *update* apparently Gavin is the next questgiver..and i did his quests, when down into the catacombs and did his parts. but lily still didn't update. (lyndro advanced it for me)

*Edit*

Also like the others, Tower Defense...teh portals in the tower aren't functioning. also it seems that if you leave the tower instance, there isn't a way back in. Lyndro helped me update, and after the twoer instance you are sent back to Anotnia again, but the door doesn't highlight to enter. again lyndro got me into the proper instance and the quest update fine. jsut the door wasn't working.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote