EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #1321
Paqo

Guardian

[email protected] wrote:

Wiki:

Euthanasia (from the Greek εὐθανασία meaning "good death": εὖ, eu (well or good) + θάνατος, thanatos (death)) refers to the practice of intentionally ending a life in order to relieve pain and suffering.

Is that what this is? I think so tbh...

you got it right (greek here lol)

Old 02-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #1322
BubbhaFranks

Lord

Godelpus wrote:

Apart from reading like an email phishing scam from the Phillipines,  this would effectively mean EQ2 goes pay-to-win, not free to play.

Not totally.

What that means is that the PS1 version of EQ2 will be different than the North American version.

PS1 will have its own marketplace with its own currency and with its own items.

It would seem that this is not only segregating the community, but forcing them to play different versions of the game.

For example, European players might have apperance armor that does not appear in the North American Marketplace. PS1 may allow the buying of fully leveled toons. The heritage armor for a race might look different for the two games like the SOGA models and non-SOGA models.

Looking forward, it means that a North American player of Planetside 2 and a European player might have totally different game experiences because the two different ways the marketplace is run.

BubbhaFranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #1323
FireDragon

Loremaster

I'm still so utterly disgusted and frustrated.

And I don't even know any other MMO that I enjoy the feel of as much as EQ2.  I mean, where else can I play a Kung fu frog?

I wonder where the EQ2 players will be going after this.  I mean, EQ3 and Planetside 2 are dead before release now.  SO I just... don't know.

FireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #1324
BubbhaFranks

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I'm still so utterly disgusted and frustrated.

And I don't even know any other MMO that I enjoy the feel of as much as EQ2.  I mean, where else can I play a Kung fu frog?

I wonder where the EQ2 players will be going after this.  I mean, EQ3 and Planetside 2 are dead before release now.  SO I just... don't know.

Aion goes free 2 play and GW2 Beta was announced.

BubbhaFranks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #1325
ObsidianNightmare

Loremaster

Moxicar wrote:

Well i already cancled, found this on their "forums" yesterday.

Dear reader,for a new project we search some helpers. When your native tongue is English, Dutch, Norwegian or Swedish then please apply in ticket system ("Application", subject "Support helper"). Your task will include working with tickets and more details will be revealed after your application.The basic requirements are:Be friendly, patient and sociable;Have knowledge of the English language (team language);Be regularly available in IRC;Be at least 16 years old;You love to work on tickets.We are looking forward to your application.ProSiebenSat1Games

be atleast 16....dear god...

http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/alapla...se-t484609.html

What kind of compensation do these kids receive?  This is extremely suspect.

ObsidianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #1326
dawy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

dawy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Everyone's got a petition site linky.  Guess what? If SoE doesn't care about your feedback here (or ProSieben for that matter), why will they care about independent petitions? 

This half-baked decision by Sony, the heavy-handed moderation, and refusal of those in charge to actually SAY ANYTHING actually speaks volumes.  They already made all their decisions, have all the legalese in place, and this is a done deal no matter what "feedback" they claim they are receiving. 

I haven't seen anyone compare this to the Russian servers yet. Are they not run by a third-party company?  How will this compare to that situation?  Does this Russian company alter gameplay?

And yes, region-locking is a S T U P I D  idea that only works if you implement it from the beginning AND have the population to support it (like WoW).  Some of my guild on the now-merged Blackburrow server went to that game to raid there when raiding here became so un-fun in Sentinel's Fate.... and the three Euro players who wished to go were locked from joining them there.  Why after seeing this will Sony simply go through with it?  Because they don't care about player feedback.  They will STEP OVER A DOLLAR to save a dime, with both customer relations and public opinion.

Remember this post is coming from an American player on an American server who plays with some European players (whom I like a lot) and I don't wish to see them shafted.  NOTICE that I am not a one-time-poster who joined last December. I've been here since the beginning and I have three accounts, just leveled my 12th level 90 alt... I try really hard to understand the motives behind Sony's moves but this one has me baffled. 

I was looking forward to EQNext but if this goes through with the worst-case-scenario intact, I might not even bother to buy the new game.  And coming from me, an EQ2 addict, that's saying a lot.

Sincerely, a disappointed customer.

Well put, Leeroy.  And unfortunately, I think you're correct in this--no amount of petition-making or -signing is going to make a difference here.  

As to the suggestion made about a "player council"--well, I don't see that happening either, sad to say.  As I've said before about SOE's other decisions, at the end of the day they're a business.  Although there are people that work for them with whom we've developed relationships, the Powers That Be are only concerned with the bottom line.  Getting input from an organised group of players, such as a council, would only be a time-waster and a stumbling block to those people.

I'm just flabbergasted at this.  I mean, okay.  Station Cash marketplace--I got that.  Money-maker, cash cow, micro-transactions--it's where mmo's are headed.  Ftp--got that, too; most mmo's are also moving in that direction.  Monkeying around with gear and stats and things--whatever.  Games are in a constant state of flux.  I've *always* been able to glean at least a glimmer of logic behind the decisions being made for this game.

But this?  This is just...wrong.  Unless SOE got a pile of cash so big it outweighs every cancellation, every future lost customer and every ounce of bad faith and bad press this is going to generate--well, quite frankly, I'm stumped.

I dont agree often with what you say but in this case you've nailed it utterly and i think to me at least when peeps such as yourself who,by your own admission can see what SOE are trying to do (and see the good side of it),cant work out why on earth this deal went through then im sorry SOE have yet again got it wrong.

I understand, and I understand why you (and others) don't often agree with me--and please know that although we have disagreed and I might come off as a bit wenchy now and again, I *do* respect your opinions.  But to be clear--I am a sceptic's sceptic, and I always look at things from an analytical view and make my own decisions based on that.  In the past, I did support the changes made because I could see that there were positives for the game and the playerbase to be had, and I felt they outweighed the negatives.  

There are no positives for Norrath here.  None.  So how can I support that?

Great post!

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #1327
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

dawy wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

Nynaeve wrote:

* PSS1 NEEDS TO BE BANNED FROM MAKING ANY GAMECHANGES (except language localisation) - they have a history of breaking games with pay-to-win schemes!

according to the phonecall: p7s1 has EVERY right to change as much as they wish on THEIR servers because they want to do MUCH and MORE. That also is why us flagged accounts won't be allowed there - because whatever p7s1 does on the eu servers they won't get any additional money from you because you are flagged us and not eu.

Just my thoughts on the phonecall (and if its proved correct) i'll bet they introduce weapons to the cash shop almost as soon as people log in and that'll be the difference between the 2 services.

No proof of course just my thoughts

Even if SOE would promise now that it won't happen, I'm not sure if I could trust enough in SOE and P7S1.

sompet_eq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #1328
Cisken
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Aenigma

Loremaster

Just wanted to chime in among all the not constructive posts full of excessive negativity and trolling - and state that I am left utterly speechless by the whole matter - any thoughts I was entertaining of resubscribing after the planned CM removal are now long gone and won't come back for the forseeable future.

Whenever I am going to need an example of a "perfectly worst" business decision, I now have one. Thank you!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #1329
Inevera

Lord

Godelpus wrote:

From the Alapalya website:

alaplaya does not charge you for playing online games– we are free-to-play. But to finance the service of the games, we are selling desirable virtual items. You may (but don’t have to) buy these to equip your game character or enjoy a little advantage or convenience. Of course, no one can buy success in the mutliplayer games. So you only pay when you are having fun with the online games: that is alaplaya’s fair philosophy.

You can top up the central eWallet of your game account easily on alaplaya with Your alaplaya Team

P.S.: Please invite your friends to join in on alaplaya and let us know your feedback! Thank you!

So if EQ2 is to be a totally F2P game with alaplaya, I'm presuming those of us with long term subs will be refunded by SoE if we accept this rip-off?

Personally, I've never liked nor trusted companies that offer pure F2P games because we all know they are out to make a profit on a gamer's wish to get on in the game i.e. virtual enhancements etc.  There is also a real danger in such games for the player to spend far more than they realise thus leading to debt problems.  

And there is no fairness in a game where those with the largest pockets can buy all the enhancements they want to gain advantage over those players who cannot afford such luxuries.  SoE's version of EQ with SC appearance items is fine, but I am against being able to buy actual equiped stat items.  

Storm Reavers

www.storm-reavers.org
Inevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #1330
Trevynoae

Loremaster

according to the gist of the phonecall we had: that is right - yes.

and because the eu-players' fees go to p7s1 they are allowed to play on the eu servers. the us-players' fees go to soe and because of that they can't use their money in station cash to buy stuff on the alaplaya servers. done.

BubbhaFranks wrote:

What that means is that the PS1 version of EQ2 will be different than the North American version.

PS1 will have its own marketplace with its own currency and with its own items.

It would seem that this is not only segregating the community, but forcing them to play different versions of the game.

For example, European players might have apperance armor that does not appear in the North American Marketplace. PS1 may allow the buying of fully leveled toons. The heritage armor for a race might look different for the two games like the SOGA models and non-SOGA models.

Looking forward, it means that a North American player of Planetside 2 and a European player might have totally different game experiences because the two different ways the marketplace is run.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #1331
Ravensilver

Loremaster

It seems to me that Pro7 has *no* idea what they've bought. Looking at the Alaplaya page, all I can see are pay-to-win games.

This is not what EQ2 is about. It never *has* been. Even with SC and Marketplace, EQ2 wasn't about pay-to-win.

Our accomplishments as players are our own. We've fought and worked and crafted and raided to get what we now own.

And think of all the people who play EQ2 for the homecrafting part? Who enjoy creating and innovating their homes, who love to craft and be artistic. You can bet that all that will no longer be supported by the new 'owners'. Because you can't make money off that. Unless, of course, you have to re-new your new layout every four weeks for money. Or you come back to an empty house.

I don't think Pro7/Alaplaya will be able to give us the same content, the same care, the same love for the game that those devs who were still working on EQ2 have.

Pro7 is not a game developer. None of its employees or the people who are going to be involved with actually administering the European EQ2 servers are experts on MMOs.

What they will do is turn the European EQ2 into a cash-cow. And thus destroy it.

And because they don't want to have empty servers, now that they've bought us, they aren't going to change the IP lock. And SOE will also not agree to a transfer (to or from US servers) for those of us who would like to do so, because then all those customers that Pro7/Alaplayer *might* have had, would suddenly be gone.

Like selling a barn full of horses. You don't open the door and let the animals flee before the new owner takes over, do you? So don't get your hopes up. I don't think SOE will let us get out of this.

Ravensilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1332
Laladila

Loremaster

Been an SOE fan since January 2001 (EQ1), got an all access since the release.I was playing EQ2 since beta, vanguard, DCUO, I have bought thousands of LoN cards, but I just canceled my account, enough is enough.

The only thing SOE may understand, and even on that point I have doubts when I remember the NGE, is money.

And SOE, you will not have my money anymore.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #1333
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

Ravensilver wrote:

It seems to me that Pro7 has *no* idea what they've bought. Looking at the Alaplaya page, all I can see are pay-to-win games.

This is not what EQ2 is about. It never *has* been. Even with SC and Marketplace, EQ2 wasn't about pay-to-win.

...What they will do is turn the European EQ2 into a cash-cow. And thus destroy it.

And do that to EQnext and Planetside 2 even before their release.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1334
Valphine

Loremaster

after reading the FAQ and if nothing of that changes I will for sure quit & cancel my account for good.

Valphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1335
Nomileigh

Lord

I usually do not post on the forums, but I wanted to add my 2 cents to this 90-page-long topic.

I am very disappointed in SOE. I refuse to give my financial details to Alaplaya, a company where customer support is handled by players in return for microtransaction items, a company that posts its clients personal data on their forum, a company that is known for cheap, crappy games in which there are more hackers than honest people. How could you, SOE, associate yourself with a company like that?

Furthermore, you have shown that you do not care about your customers at all, by segregating their community after 8 years.

SOE, this is 2012, not 1912. People move, they study abroad, they travel around the world, they have family and friends on the other side of the pond. We’re a global community, not only in-game but also IRL.

Shame on you.

Nomileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1336
Multirat
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Holy Grail

Loremaster

Been playing since 2005, account cancelled - well done SoE.

Multirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #1337
Andemon

Loremaster

yadlajoi wrote:

jesus some 16year old GM/support? this is beyond unprofessional

Standard Alaplya support for their games: volunteers who only do it for free credits.They've even got some known hackers working in customer service...and if you actually try to report anything, don't expect any reply beyond "[expletive deleted] off, im watching naruto".

Andemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1338
Archie Dangerboy

Loremaster

just cancelled my sub ... you dont realy need a reason, do you

Archie Dangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #1339
Ravensilver

Loremaster

There's a recruitement thread for support personell over on the Alaplaya forum:

http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/alapla...se-t484609.html

If you read through the responses then you can already see the quality of the support that we can expect. But the best part was when someone expressed concern whether this was the right place to look for support personell:

"

Shukumi wrote:I do not understand the logic of the support staff. Someone gets an idea, posts it on the forum, which makes it look like a serious deal. Players wanting to get more benefits or get an 'elite' status starts spamming already busy ticket system, making serious questions getting delayed even longer. Between the group of all those 'spammers' maybe few are actually qualified and serious about wanting to make support staff better and improve the quality of the game. However, I don't see the actual need to already apply for the projects that are only being planned.And about the thread itself:There is no exact date when the project starts, the number of needed people for recruitment, actual passing criterion, the length of the project, the benefits or 'rewards' recruits will be getting for their job, etc.This makes the support team seem unprofessional, unorganised and unqualified since at the moment, they are not solving the issue, but only making it bigger.
I hereby welcome you to alaplaya and its policy.

That last line there? That was posted by the forum admin gamesig. Here's the direkt link to that post:

http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/alapla...0.html#p5201491

Lovely, isn't it?

Ravensilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #1340
tomsky

Loremaster

90 pages now.

I'd love to go through the whole thread and count how many subscriptions have been cancelled and work out how much SoE have lost from that alone.

Or maybe a Dev could help us out with that, track down some figures of how many cancelled accounts over the past 48 hours. Maybe then, you would listen.

Maybe we should all send ProSieben an email telling them we are cancelling our accounts, so they will enjoy buying an empty server.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #1341
Mookachooka

Loremaster

Found this posted over on the Alaplaya/SoE Temp Forums by their community mngr:

Re: SOE / ProSiebenSat1 Games partnership FAQ

by Coldor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm

I can understand your concers about the coming changes to your beloved games, as I am an EQ2- and DCUO-Player for myself (Level 90 Wizarad on Valor and Level 16-Character in DCUO).But for all that I have seen here and all things that have been discussed in our offices with SOE-Staff, things will be mostly the same for players ingame and on the websites. The only thing that changes really is that you will have an account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. SOE-Games will be getting their own websites and bill boards and will not be integrated within the alaplaya-portal.There will be no drastically changes in the item-shops for SOE-Games either and we don't want "power-gear to p1mp your character" in it. We can assure you that, as we are also longtime SOE-Players (and Gamers at all) here at ProSiebenSat.1 Games. We may introduce new items to the shops, but that will be things you appreciate and that don't affect gameplay or balance.Our team here at ProSiebenSat.1 Games is growing continuous to ensure the quality in service and management that players will appreciate. Please always think:We listen, we care, we are gamers, we won't let you down.
- I still dont buy it...
Mookachooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #1342
rrubbadub

Loremaster

Give us a free server transfer for the US players to a US server and I'll be happy, how hard is that.

rrubbadub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #1343
DonnyOddlegs

Loremaster

One other question not covered in the FAQ:

How much development team time will be required to develop a separate EU game client with new in-game currency and hand-over of day-to-day operation and support of the EU server(s)? Will this result in further delay of the next GU? Are these changes linked in any way to the delays to the next GU already announced?

DonnyOddlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #1344
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5721526 Removed for trolling
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #1345
ChrisMarchant

Tester

I have a big problem with this.

I have an all access sub that I use to play Eq1 and Eq2.

On EQ2 I play onsplitpaw and test.

My choice is this, continue playing on test and Eq1 on US servers ( I also have chars on the EQ2 pvp server) or continue playing on Splitpaw.

I will willingly pay SOE for all access for test and Eq1, but I will no way pay an unknown german company with a bad rep, and I refuse to transfer my SC to them either. Not that I have much of that.

If I continue playing on splitpaw it will be purely f2p, or I will transfer my main, and perhaps 1 other to a US server, and delete the rest.

I am extremely unhappy about this, but the combination of test and EQ1 means I will stick with SOE, whetehr they like it or not, so I wait to hear that I can continue paying my all access direct to SOE, as a lot of others want to know that too!!!!!!!

I really love EQ2 and enjoy working with teh devs on test, and will be sorry to be forced to leave over this stupid decision. Please give the players the choice of moving or not, you may find we are a lot more loyal than you expect.

ChrisMarchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #1346
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

http://www.facebook.com/EverQuest2

Complain here as well people, many are including myself.

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #1347
TH1NG

Loremaster

Just to add insult to injury - my characters' name(s) are taken on Splitpaw - so if you (eventually) force a transfer from US to EU for EU IP based players - how do you intend to resolve that issue?

TH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #1348
Starcloud
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Silence Breakers

Loremaster

WOW simply wow. 89 pages and 1333 posts and all the same comments.

For the first time in 7+ years I concider to cancel my gold account. I have a very hard time to cancel, since EQ2 was my savior when I was not able to leave my house for 6 years ( panic attacks and hyperventilation ). EQ2 was and still is my way to unwind and to have a great time with friends overseas. I know, now we have facebook and all other sites we can gather, but still its not the same. All the toons I have are on Crushbone and test server and love them as they are my family.  I did meet so many people and even met them in RL around the world the last few years.

I simply can not understand ( understatement ) why SOE is ripping close communities apart after so many years, is this what we get for so many loyal years playing your games. Im not a desperate person by nature, but you showed me a side of myself I didnt know I had. The sky is the limit they say, so why do guys/gals try to reach for more over the backs of loyal players. I simply can not understand !!

I live in the Netherlands ( Holland ) and altho its the neighbour country of Germany I've never heard about ProSiebenSat.1 and from what I read here on the forum its not a loss in knowledge. Im simply NOT willing to become part of ProSiebenSat.1.

So SOE the ball is in your corner now.

Starcloud Redemption Crushbone

Starcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #1349
Trevynoae

Loremaster

clarifications!

- region lock: not fully decided yet

- some kind of soe-equivalent login - not the "old" soe login

- account-flagging is in discussion

- servertransfers: not decided yet

- us players possibly get access to eu servers. just how to make this possible is not decided (technical).

- and because of "us players may regret not being eu" ... that's more a metaphoric saying because of course p7s1 has every intention to make the experience for their share of the players special!

- oh and posting on the boards: they don't do it because it's the soe boards SMILEY

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #1350
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

Mookachooka wrote:

Found this posted over on the Alaplaya/SoE Temp Forums by their community mngr:

Re: SOE / ProSiebenSat1 Games partnership FAQ

by Coldor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm

I can understand your concers about the coming changes to your beloved games, as I am an EQ2- and DCUO-Player for myself (Level 90 Wizarad on Valor and Level 16-Character in DCUO).But for all that I have seen here and all things that have been discussed in our offices with SOE-Staff, things will be mostly the same for players ingame and on the websites. The only thing that changes really is that you will have an account with ProSiebenSat.1 Games. SOE-Games will be getting their own websites and bill boards and will not be integrated within the alaplaya-portal.There will be no drastically changes in the item-shops for SOE-Games either and we don't want "power-gear to p1mp your character" in it. We can assure you that, as we are also longtime SOE-Players (and Gamers at all) here at ProSiebenSat.1 Games. We may introduce new items to the shops, but that will be things you appreciate and that don't affect gameplay or balance.Our team here at ProSiebenSat.1 Games is growing continuous to ensure the quality in service and management that players will appreciate. Please always think:We listen, we care, we are gamers, we won't let you down.
- I still dont buy it...

Losing reputation is easy, gaining back is very hard.