EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

If there is gifting, there will be spaming and plat conversions to SC.

I only have two questions:

1) Can I still not gift the expansion to a friend?

No becasue it takes away a direct SOE cash purchase!

2) Can game time be added to the market place =) 

Nrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
Yimway

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

That doesn't really make sense to me.  I can buy the expansion from the marketplace just fine already.  I just can't gift it cause the option to buy it disapears if you already own it.

SoE is already willing to sell expansions via the marketplace, they just need to code it slightly differently so I can gift that to a friend.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #33
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

i dont ever see them alowing this because of all the doubble sc events they have, people will stock pile  max amounts of sc and will be able to play the game for half the normal price.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #34
Rhyashaa
Server: Kithicor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

That doesn't really make sense to me.  I can buy the expansion from the marketplace just fine already.  I just can't gift it cause the option to buy it disapears if you already own it.

SoE is already willing to sell expansions via the marketplace, they just need to code it slightly differently so I can gift that to a friend.

Did you try unchecking the "hide unusable" option to see if it would show back up? Just curious, I don't know myself.

Rhyashaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #35
Nrgy

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Did you try unchecking the "hide unusable" option to see if it would show back up? Just curious, I don't know myself.

Pretty sure that does not work ...

Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #36
Nrgy

Lord

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

i dont ever see them alowing this because of all the doubble sc events they have, people will stock pile  max amounts of sc and will be able to play the game for half the normal price.

Any NEW & informed player can easily buy a copy of SF or earlier expansion for less than $9.99, sometimes as low as $0.99, and get double SC to buy the current DOV expantion for half price or better.  The reality is that nobody learns that until after they buy DOV off the shelf.  All they have to do is search for EQ2 expansions.  Amazon has EOF @ 1.58, ROK @ 1.88, DOF @ 2.84 or SF-CE @ 20 bucks.  Add in a New Sub (500SC bonus) and a double SC promo with a game card (4,000) and you have enough to upgrade to DOV for a total $16.58.

Most people are too lazy to do it that way.  Heck, I'm still running a CC subs on my accounts becasue I'm too lazy to cancel the CC and use a game card for the bonus 500 SC per month.  Using a game card from Wallyworld over a CC sub will net you 6,000 SC a year for free.  Which turns out to be more than an expasion which usually sells for 4,300 in SC (iirc).

Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone!

Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #37
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Why would you gift it from marketplace when it is half price or lower on amazon.com and you can just send them the 'activation code' as a gift?

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #38
Nrgy

Lord

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Nrgy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Why would you gift it from marketplace when it is half price or lower on amazon.com and you can just send them the 'activation code' as a gift?

Principal verses President

Old 10-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #39
ffd700

Lord

Now that gifting is re-enabled, is there a list of the new restrictions somewhere?

It seems that even though items aren't grayed out, like armor sets, you still cannot gift a lot of things.

Also, is there a limit again on how many times you can gift per day?

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #40
Tekadeo

Loremaster

They really need to allow players to transfer off of the Bazaar due to this.  The fine line that was introduced when SC was invented has been smashed.  People are buying their way to virtual greatness either way.

And before I hear some idiot retread the idea of "Just re-roll elsewhere,"  I already have toons on other servers...they just feel like fake copycats.  Am I going to re-run Claymore and SoD, re-do every achievement?  No, I'm a grown-up now and don't have the time or inclination to do so as I once did.

FREE THE BAZAAR!!!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #41
Lempo

Loremaster

The issue with the Bazaar is contractual iirc.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #42
Felshades

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This.

They'd have to opt to not renew their contract with LiveGamer.. whenever it expires. Which I'm not sure anyone outside SoE knows.

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
ffd700

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Now that gifting is re-enabled, is there a list of the new restrictions somewhere?

It seems that even though items aren't grayed out, like armor sets, you still cannot gift a lot of things.

Also, is there a limit again on how many times you can gift per day?

So basically is it just stuff that says, "New", can't be gifted?  I tried gifting some of the new Djinn stuff from one of my accounts to another (one has more SC than the other), and even though the Gift button isn't grayed out it says that it cannot be gifted.

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #44
Tekadeo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This.

They'd have to opt to not renew their contract with LiveGamer.. whenever it expires. Which I'm not sure anyone outside SoE knows.

This is Bull.  I guarantee Livegamer never had it in writing that people could not transfer off the Bazaar, that little tidbit was more likely created by SoE so they could show the other players that RMT would not be happening on the other Live servers.  Now that it is 100% cool to sell plat for RL money and vice versa on every single server, it makes no sense to hold the two lowest-population servers hostage.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #45
Crismorn

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This.

This is Bull.  I guarantee Livegamer never had it in writing that people could not transfer off the Bazaar, that little tidbit was more likely created by SoE so they could show the other players that RMT would not be happening on the other Live servers.  Now that it is 100% cool to sell plat for RL money and vice versa on every single server, it makes no sense to hold the two lowest-population servers hostage.

Yes this is much more likely, companies using contracts?  Sheer madness!

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #46
Tekadeo

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

Tekadeo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This.

Never said there wasnt a contract, learn to read: it's quite plain what I said sir.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #47
Crismorn

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Tekadeo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This.

Never said there wasnt a contract, learn to read: it's quite plain what I said sir.

So SoE signed a contract with Livegamer and then after this they decided to trick everyone on those servers into thinking they could not xfer off of them due to said contract.

Or its actually in the contract.

Tough choice, one involves a dubious and evasive strategy that hurts their customers and the other makes perfect sense.

Really tough choice.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #48
thesiren

Loremaster

I wish gifting wasn't re-enabled to be honest.  It's just another constant avenue for hackers.  But the only reason SOE finally disabled it in the first place was over the mad increase in stolen credit card use-- hackers buying SC with stolen cards, then trading SC for plat to sell on their online sites.  SOE gets charge backs whenever stolen credit cards are used, so at that point they sure aren't making any money on this nonsense anyway.

It clogs the chat and makes me embarassed for all the people who are so lazy that they can't even make their own plat in EQ2.    I've also gotten to the point that I don't even want to buy SC anymore; it's too much of a draw for hackers and thieves, and it gives them one more reason to hack accounts (to steal SC) too.

Just ditch the whole thing.  Lazy people managed to live without trading SC for plat for years before this.  They certainly won't keel over with it gone.  And if that's all that's holding them here, they're welcome to leave.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 AM   #49
Felshades

Loremaster

Tekadeo wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Tekadeo wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This.

there is a contract.

You can ask SoE themselves. That is the reason they gave for not allowing transfer. Contractual agreement with LiveGamer.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #50
Felshades

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

So SoE signed a contract with Livegamer and then after this they decided to trick everyone on those servers into thinking they could not xfer off of them due to said contract.

Or its actually in the contract.

Tough choice, one involves a dubious and evasive strategy that hurts their customers and the other makes perfect sense.

Really tough choice.

Snipped.

I have to remind everyone that you were never allowed to transfer off when it was still Station Exchange either. But the reason they gave was "contract with LiveGamer".

Old 10-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #51
Chakos

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have to remind everyone that you were never allowed to transfer off when it was still Station Exchange either. But the reason they gave was "contract with LiveGamer".

True, but back then you also could not transfer off/to PvP servers, either. Back then it was policy, now -- as they have stated officially in these forums -- it is not allowed due to a contract with LG.

@Tekadeo: may as well break out your crayons, too -- "you clearly can't understand", either

Chakos is offline   Reply With Quote