EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster
Vinyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 690
Default

From the patch notes for tomorrow

Critical chance should no longer appear on items below level 80.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
ffd700

Lord
ffd700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 318
Default

SOE giveth, SOE taketh away.

Seriously though, wasn't there some crit chance on items pre level 80 before the reitemization?  Like EoF raid gear?

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
Ragnaphore

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 715
Default

ffd700 wrote:

Seriously though, wasn't there some crit chance on items pre level 80 before the reitemization?  Like EoF raid gear?

Yep, EoF raid gear had some, then came RoK/TSO where you could find crit chance even on treasured quest items (a bunch of them being below 80) 

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Kizee

Loremaster
Kizee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,093
Default

dumb....

There was crit chance on some lower level quest rewards before the reitemization also.

Way to think things through SoE.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Lethe5683

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,351
Default

Great job adding significant amounts of crit bonus to most gear and subsequently making it useless by removing all crit chance.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
Emlar_from_Halas

Loremaster
Emlar_from_Halas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 350
Default

Let's hope this is a just a typo

__________________
Emlar_from_Halas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
acctlc

Loremaster
acctlc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 520
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

Great job adding significant amounts of crit bonus to most gear and subsequently making it useless by removing all crit chance.

It will be awesome for that 1% chance you have....and make the AA for crit chance super sexy for sub 80 toon! lol

__________________
acctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Sedenten

Loremaster
Sedenten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 680
Default

Lethe5683 wrote:

Great job adding significant amounts of crit bonus to most gear and subsequently making it useless by removing all crit chance.

Not to mention the ton of lower level attainable AA's that had crit bonus added to make them more desireable.

I can understand toning the crit chance down, but many items had crit chance before the item revamp.  Those items should retain their previous values, at least.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 634
Default

ffd700 wrote:

SOE giveth, SOE taketh away.

Seriously though, wasn't there some crit chance on items pre level 80 before the reitemization?  Like EoF raid gear?

I think its more like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

__________________
Laenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
Deggials

Loremaster
Deggials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 138
Default

There was crit chance on Rok items level 70-80 there should still be crit chance now (no change needed)

Deggials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

The more logical patch note would be "removed crit MIT on sub 80 gear."

Crit MIT wasnt ever even itemized until TSO raid gear... why in the heck is it smeared all over gear dropping in old world, DOF, KoS, EoF zones?!

Man, imagine what a quality game this would be if people in charge of this stuff actually had a freaking clue!

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Sedenten

Loremaster
Sedenten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 680
Default

Geothe wrote:

The more logical patch note would be "removed crit MIT on sub 80 gear."

Crit MIT wasnt ever even itemized until TSO raid gear... why in the heck is it smeared all over gear dropping in old world, DOF, KoS, EoF zones?!

Man, imagine what a quality game this would be if people in charge of this stuff actually had a freaking clue!

It's ok, the next move will be to add critical hits to lower level NPC's.  Then the crit mit would be useful!

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
DuneWarrior

Loremaster
DuneWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 613
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

The more logical patch note would be "removed crit MIT on sub 80 gear."

Crit MIT wasnt ever even itemized until TSO raid gear... why in the heck is it smeared all over gear dropping in old world, DOF, KoS, EoF zones?!

Man, imagine what a quality game this would be if people in charge of this stuff actually had a freaking clue!

It's ok, the next move will be to add critical hits to lower level NPC's.  Then the crit mit would be useful!

^^This^^

Seriously... i wonder if they replaced the devs with a magic 8 ball... SMILEY

__________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010



DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
Regolas

Loremaster
Regolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 603
Default

So I'm leveling up a zerker and a warden, in the mid 70s now and I'm starting to look for crit chance items, and low and behold I spot this post when googling. I have a reasonable amount of MA and CB, but 20% crit chance! (from AA) Why do no items have crit chance yet have crit bonus??? Fortunately it won't be long until I hit 80, but this seems stupid. Why have high MA but no CC? If anything CC gives less dps than MA but also what's the point of having CB on items if you can't crit??
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #15
Ragnaphore

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 715
Default

Regolas wrote:

So I'm leveling up a zerker and a warden, in the mid 70s now and I'm starting to look for crit chance items, and low and behold I spot this post when googling. I have a reasonable amount of MA and CB, but 20% crit chance! (from AA) Why do no items have crit chance yet have crit bonus??? Fortunately it won't be long until I hit 80, but this seems stupid. Why have high MA but no CC? If anything CC gives less dps than MA but also what's the point of having CB on items if you can't crit??

Nice necro of an outdated post SMILEY  finaly the nerf wasn't that hard . You can get crit chance at lvl 50+.

Seriously, you didn't even look for crit gear ? Just search the broker or ask a friendly crafter (for ex. lvl 50 MC charm has 7.5% crit and isn't lore, reactant stuff is even better)

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 323
Default

Please do not bump old threads.

Thank you,

SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.