EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

From the patch notes for tomorrow

Critical chance should no longer appear on items below level 80.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
ffd700

Lord

SOE giveth, SOE taketh away.

Seriously though, wasn't there some crit chance on items pre level 80 before the reitemization?  Like EoF raid gear?

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

ffd700 wrote:

Seriously though, wasn't there some crit chance on items pre level 80 before the reitemization?  Like EoF raid gear?

Yep, EoF raid gear had some, then came RoK/TSO where you could find crit chance even on treasured quest items (a bunch of them being below 80) 

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Kizee

Loremaster

dumb....

There was crit chance on some lower level quest rewards before the reitemization also.

Way to think things through SoE.

Kizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Lethe5683

Loremaster

Great job adding significant amounts of crit bonus to most gear and subsequently making it useless by removing all crit chance.

Lethe5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
Emlar_from_Halas

Loremaster

Let's hope this is a just a typo

Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #7
acctlc

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Great job adding significant amounts of crit bonus to most gear and subsequently making it useless by removing all crit chance.

It will be awesome for that 1% chance you have....and make the AA for crit chance super sexy for sub 80 toon! lol

Old 09-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Sedenten

Loremaster

Lethe5683 wrote:

Not to mention the ton of lower level attainable AA's that had crit bonus added to make them more desireable.

I can understand toning the crit chance down, but many items had crit chance before the item revamp.  Those items should retain their previous values, at least.

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

ffd700 wrote:

SOE giveth, SOE taketh away.

I think its more like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
Deggials

Loremaster

There was crit chance on Rok items level 70-80 there should still be crit chance now (no change needed)

Deggials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Geothe

Loremaster

The more logical patch note would be "removed crit MIT on sub 80 gear."

Crit MIT wasnt ever even itemized until TSO raid gear... why in the heck is it smeared all over gear dropping in old world, DOF, KoS, EoF zones?!

Man, imagine what a quality game this would be if people in charge of this stuff actually had a freaking clue!

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
Sedenten

Loremaster

Geothe wrote:

Crit MIT wasnt ever even itemized until TSO raid gear... why in the heck is it smeared all over gear dropping in old world, DOF, KoS, EoF zones?!

Man, imagine what a quality game this would be if people in charge of this stuff actually had a freaking clue!

It's ok, the next move will be to add critical hits to lower level NPC's.  Then the crit mit would be useful!

Sedenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
DuneWarrior

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Geothe wrote:

It's ok, the next move will be to add critical hits to lower level NPC's.  Then the crit mit would be useful!

^^This^^

Seriously... i wonder if they replaced the devs with a magic 8 ball... SMILEY

DuneWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
Regolas

Loremaster

So I'm leveling up a zerker and a warden, in the mid 70s now and I'm starting to look for crit chance items, and low and behold I spot this post when googling. I have a reasonable amount of MA and CB, but 20% crit chance! (from AA) Why do no items have crit chance yet have crit bonus??? Fortunately it won't be long until I hit 80, but this seems stupid. Why have high MA but no CC? If anything CC gives less dps than MA but also what's the point of having CB on items if you can't crit??
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #15
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

So I'm leveling up a zerker and a warden, in the mid 70s now and I'm starting to look for crit chance items, and low and behold I spot this post when googling. I have a reasonable amount of MA and CB, but 20% crit chance! (from AA) Why do no items have crit chance yet have crit bonus??? Fortunately it won't be long until I hit 80, but this seems stupid. Why have high MA but no CC? If anything CC gives less dps than MA but also what's the point of having CB on items if you can't crit??

Nice necro of an outdated post SMILEY  finaly the nerf wasn't that hard . You can get crit chance at lvl 50+.

Seriously, you didn't even look for crit gear ? Just search the broker or ask a friendly crafter (for ex. lvl 50 MC charm has 7.5% crit and isn't lore, reactant stuff is even better)

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

Please do not bump old threads.

Thank you,

SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote