EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Sir Longsword

Loremaster

What are the chances of allowing crafters to make class hats? 

Optimally different color ones each tier to match different armor, in a not so optimal setting at least 1 set that would be black or silver or black/silver to match most of the armor.

88 Guardian

85 Assassin

84 Illusionist

80 Warlock

80 Templar

Blackburrow server
Sir Longsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
GrunEQ

Tester

If my female swashy could get even a no-stat male version of the swashy class hat I'd be delighted.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Giland

Tester

My dirge would love to get her hands on some more berets. Been wearing that red one for quite awhile now.

Giland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Sir Longsword

Loremaster

My request is strictly for appearance.  I'm not requesting uber stats (if any) or for them to be 'classless' like the LON version...just looking for some options.

88 Guardian

85 Assassin

84 Illusionist

80 Warlock

80 Templar

Blackburrow server
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
cajun11s

Loremaster

I would love to see this implemented -- and would be most happy to have them as apperance only!

cajun11s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Kigneer

Loremaster

Yes, yes, yes!!!

A black and gold Paladin class hat with shiny armor is just so NOT!

How about allowing those who have their class hats, the ability to commission a replacement with an armorer/tailor? That'll solve the class hat appearance problem, and give senior armorers and tailors something to do on a commission basis.

The "have nots" will always point what the "haves" have.

Harmony is reached when both sides have their needs met.
Kigneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #7
Seidhkona

Loremaster

I want a wide variety of additional hats, myself. Like maybe those Roman-looking helms the Deep Forge giants wear, the circlets the valkyries sport, and maybe some of the other styles of the helms (like the variations sketched on that one loading window)...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:15 AM   #8
Thunderthyze

Loremaster

Appearance "fluff" items woyld have the added benefit of providing extre stuff for Armorers and Tailors to skill up on. Would just leave woodworkers and carpenters loveless insofar as levelling options are concerned.

Thunderthyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #9
Elygron

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Appearance "fluff" items woyld have the added benefit of providing extre stuff for Armorers and Tailors to skill up on. Would just leave woodworkers and carpenters loveless insofar as levelling options are concerned.

Thanks to the updates of the last year or so carpenters have so much new to level on in the higher tiers they really dont need even more love than they get now *G* Woodworkers on the other hand..

The first thing i thought when i read the thread-headline was: oh yes a cookinghat for my provisioner would be soo cool. So i like to add to the thread by asking for Crafting-Class-Hats SMILEY 

das ist ein Gnom in seinem (Bastel)wahn.
Elygron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Sinder65

Loremaster

Best Idea Ever

Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #11
ashen1973

Loremaster

I would love to see a lot more craftable, appearance armour.

Now that LoN and various quest rewards have allowed people to have other classes hats, I dont see any reason why we cany have them craftable.

And class hats for crafters would be a great idea, one I would also enjoy.

--Quote from John Smedley, CEO of SOE, Oct 07

ashen1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
Sir Longsword

Loremaster

There are just so few choices for class hats. I really hope this is something Domino can make happen.

On a side note, crafting class hats would be nice too. I'll throw in this one for the weaponsmith...

88 Guardian

85 Assassin

84 Illusionist

80 Warlock

80 Templar

Blackburrow server
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Zehl_Ice-Fire

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I would love to see this implemented -- and would be most happy to have them as apperance only!

Since it exists as a pricey LoN loot card, not much chance of it coming into game unfortunatly. *hates lon*

Katayira: DE Inquisitor/Alchemist/Tinker
Musette: Evil Pixie Dirge/tailor
also max woodworker, jeweler, and armorer
ask me for FB
Zehl_Ice-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
Sir Longsword

Loremaster

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Since it exists as a pricey LoN loot card, not much chance of it coming into game unfortunatly. *hates lon*

LON hats are all usable by the cardholder, the crafted version can still be restricted by class.  Pally hats can only be worn by Pallies, etc.

88 Guardian

85 Assassin

84 Illusionist

80 Warlock

80 Templar

Blackburrow server
Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
Noaani

Loremaster

Personally, I don't want to see class hat appearances any easier to obtain than they already are. The LoN loot card is about either luck or trading, which imo is an acceptable means of supply limitation.

That said, if done right, I'd be all for this.

What *I* would do, is use Chromatic Essences as one of the secondary components and reflective Smoldering Shards as the other. I'd then use a T7 or T8 rare root or metal (different tier of rares for different colours, so 2 colours of hats, root for cloth and leather, metal for chain and plate), and finish it with 10g worth of fuel.

The resulting hats are statless and are able to be worn by any player level 70 or higher (adventure OR tradeskill level imo). I would also put the recipes for each class hat indivdually as a rare drop from crafting instaces, with specific class hats dropping in specific instances (so that in order to 'collect them all' you would need to run every crafting instance many times).

TBH, I'd be very happy to see that implemented.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #16
ClanMcStump

Loremaster

A bit off topic, I know, but since we're discussing appearance, I'd like to see dyes implemented as in EQ1.  Where I could dye a player-crafted handmade or mastercrafted armor.

ClanMcStump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
ashen1973

Loremaster

ClanMcStump wrote:

A bit off topic, I know, but since we're discussing appearance, I'd like to see dyes implemented as in EQ1.  Where I could dye a player-crafted handmade or mastercrafted armor.

i remember a Dev post some time ago, saying that they would not introduce dyes as they wanted armour to be identifiable by its appearance. And they didnt want players runnign around in all kinds of multi-coloured mix-and-match items.

Now we have appearance slots, the 'identifiable' point is no longer valid and anyone who has seen the garish and almost psychadelic appearance of some of the new armours wil agree that the 'multi-colored' point is also no longer valid. So I dont see any reason why dye's cannot be implemented, from a cosmetic point of view.

there are probably programming reasons why it would be difficult, but I would still love to be able to dye armour

--Quote from John Smedley, CEO of SOE, Oct 07

ashen1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #18
GrunEQ

Tester

Make the class hats sexless....meaning if I would have a choice of which style to wear...the female or the male version.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #19
Dynon

Loremaster

As an assassin I have had to deal with everyone in the game being able to wear my class hat since EoF.  It really peeves me off to be honest, not because I dont think people should be able to wear other class hats in appearence slots, but because there is no options for anyone else.  So far I know of AT LEAST 4 different assassin/ranger hoods wearable by non-predator classes in a fairly wide range of colors, but if I want to go out and pick up a dirge baret I am S.O.L. and this annoys me to no end.

I am 100% in favor of adding "flavor" appearence class hats in a wide variety of colors.  If not, I want to see all class hat graphics removed from all non-class specific hats.  be fair and let everyone have appearence hats or dont let anyone have them.

My $0.02

Dynon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #20
Sir Longsword

Loremaster

Now that everyone's fired up about station cash, can we start the healing with making class hats craftable in a wide assortment of non pastel colors please ???  

88 Guardian

85 Assassin

84 Illusionist

80 Warlock

80 Templar

Blackburrow server