EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Terrogaunt wrote:

As for the Down Below screenshot, I think I know what the problem is in that one. It was a bug that I ran into during the final stages of making the bauble feature. The text is just short enough that it doesn't create a new line for it. I'll look into squashing that one, too!

Yep, seems to happen only when there is a short word sent to next line, it's probably that bug you'll have to squash. Give it a kick for me!

If you patched something to fix the bug, then you didn't fix it. If you patched nothing, then disregard the comment

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

If you patched something to fix the bug, then you didn't fix it. If you patched nothing, then disregard the comment

It seems to be a bug that's in any quest that happens to have that perfect amount of pixels right now, since it doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's a bauble button quest. I don't have a fix for it yet, but I haven't forgot about it either!

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance

Loremaster

I ran into a little issue with this the other day. In Loping Plains, for the warg quests, the leash has to be equipped before you can use it. And when you equip the leash, it's no longer clickable on the quest tracker. You still have to put the leash on a hotbar or use it from your equip screen.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #34
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

I ran into a little issue with this the other day. In Loping Plains, for the warg quests, the leash has to be equipped before you can use it. And when you equip the leash, it's no longer clickable on the quest tracker. You still have to put the leash on a hotbar or use it from your equip screen.

Ahah! Believe it or not, the fix for that should be on Test already and should go to Live as of these notes:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520080

QUESTS

Baubles that need to be equipped for use will now function correctly as bauble buttons from the tracker window

Of course, be sure to let me know if that doesn't fix it for you! SMILEY

Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #35
Calthine

ZAM EQII

So, before this change I was used ot dragging the quest thingies to a hotbar and clicking them there.  They no longer work from a hotbar.  That's intended?

/mutters about changing habits.

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #36
Terrogaunt

Developer

Calthine wrote:

So, before this change I was used ot dragging the quest thingies to a hotbar and clicking them there.  They no longer work from a hotbar.  That's intended?

Actually, that functionality shouldn't have changed at all. Is this happening with a particular item?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Terrogaunt wrote:

Calthine wrote:

Actually, that functionality shouldn't have changed at all. Is this happening with a particular item?

Oh dear, I think it was a quest bauble in the New Halas newb line; I forgot to make a note which one.  I'll see if I can repro it.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #38
Terrogaunt

Developer

Calthine wrote:

Oh dear, I think it was a quest bauble in the New Halas newb line; I forgot to make a note which one.  I'll see if I can repro it.

I tried it out with another quest that I knew had a bauble and it let me drag it to my hotbar and use it with no problems, so just keep me posted if you find anything!

Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #39
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Terrogaunt wrote:

Calthine wrote:

I tried it out with another quest that I knew had a bauble and it let me drag it to my hotbar and use it with no problems, so just keep me posted if you find anything!

Got it:  the Makeshift Baracade from "Boatload of Work" in Frostfang Sea.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #40
Terrogaunt

Developer

Calthine wrote:

I wasn't able to reproduce that issue with not being able to use it from the hotbar, but it DID bring light to the issue where items granted during the quest weren't showing up anymore. Whoops! That's been fixed though and should show up on test soon.

What exactly are you getting as an error? I'm thinking it could be that your hotbars are not set to allow dragable icons. Try going into your hotbar settings and checking that is enabled.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Terrogaunt wrote:

Calthine wrote:

I wasn't able to reproduce that issue with not being able to use it from the hotbar, but it DID bring light to the issue where items granted during the quest weren't showing up anymore. Whoops! That's been fixed though and should show up on test soon.

What exactly are you getting as an error? I'm thinking it could be that your hotbars are not set to allow dragable icons. Try going into your hotbar settings and checking that is enabled.

No, that's not it; I was able to put the item on the hotbar, but clicking it just gave me an Examine window. 

I'm about to run another race through (Hey, anyone seen a BUFFER???) so I'll see if I can make it happen again.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
Terrogaunt

Developer

Calthine wrote:

No, that's not it; I was able to put the item on the hotbar, but clicking it just gave me an Examine window. 

I'm about to run another race through (Hey, anyone seen a BUFFER???) so I'll see if I can make it happen again.

I think I know how you did it!

Okay, so I tested this out on every server and couldn't repro the bug. Turns out, the reason this is happening for you is because you're dragging the icon to your hotbar while it's in your bags, then you're equipping the item (possibly via double click), and then trying the hotbar button. Since it's no longer in your bags, it doesn't function as the same type of hotkey since equipment hotkeys actually make a shortcut of the equip slot and not the item.

Go ahead and try it out again, if you get a chance. If that doesn't explain why it happened, feel free to report back

Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Terrogaunt wrote:

Calthine wrote:

I think I know how you did it!

Okay, so I tested this out on every server and couldn't repro the bug. Turns out, the reason this is happening for you is because you're dragging the icon to your hotbar while it's in your bags, then you're equipping the item (possibly via double click), and then trying the hotbar button. Since it's no longer in your bags, it doesn't function as the same type of hotkey since equipment hotkeys actually make a shortcut of the equip slot and not the item.

Go ahead and try it out again, if you get a chance. If that doesn't explain why it happened, feel free to report back

But it's not an equipable item!  I wasn't trying to equip it, I was trying to use it with one click. I did drag it from my bags to the hotbar (where else would I drag it from?) But I was just click-to-use-ing it.

However, I'll try and repro it with my next noob in the area.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #44
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Om the quest "Unwelcome Guests" in Greater Faydark, on the second step of the quest the Shrumbler Net is used as the quest bauble. That's from the previous step; it should be using the Young Shrumbler instead.  The dialoge in the Quest Journal is "I need to release the young shrumblers in their natural habitat." 

Linky: http://eq2.zam.com/db/quest.html?eq...ef8fdb#Dialogue

Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #45
Terrogaunt

Developer

Calthine wrote:

Om the quest "Unwelcome Guests" in Greater Faydark, on the second step of the quest the Shrumbler Net..

Fixed! The item didn't have a quest associated with it, so it never showed up. Neither of them have a predicate that say which part of the quest they can be used on though, so you'll see both on either part of the quest.

Keep those bugs rolling in if you find any SMILEY

Old 07-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #46
TheSpin

Loremaster

I just wanna say I love this feature.  As an avid quester it is a great time saver and wonderful feature.  My favorite feature is that with my current game settings mob overhead names don't appear, but if they are flagged for a quest the names appear and it's quick to find them.  (really nice hunting lowland geckos in antonica)

I found an error with it today, I'm not sure if it's fixable or not.  In Frostfang there's a quest to use an item on the miners in the cave when they hit 20% life.  When I had this quest every mob in the zone was flagged as a mob I could use the item on.

I can provide more details on the quest and the npc names if needed.

TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #47
Terrogaunt

Developer

TheSpin wrote:

I just wanna say I love this feature.  As an avid quester it is a great time saver and wonderful feature.  My favorite feature is that with my current game settings mob overhead names don't appear, but if they are flagged for a quest the names appear and it's quick to find them.  (really nice hunting lowland geckos in antonica)

I found an error with it today, I'm not sure if it's fixable or not.  In Frostfang there's a quest to use an item on the miners in the cave when they hit 20% life.  When I had this quest every mob in the zone was flagged as a mob I could use the item on.

I can provide more details on the quest and the npc names if needed.

It sounds like you might be referring to Becoming Another Orcbane, since there are only 2 baubles in Halas that require that 20% health thing and the other one has to do with the geonid boss mob. 

When I added that quest though, only the tunnelers got the icon so I can't reproduce the issue right now. If you do happen upon further details on this, feel free to update me.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #48
TheSpin

Loremaster

No further details at this time. It may have been several different factors that normally aren't present that caused the problem for me such as other quests in my journal or being chrono mentored. I'll let you know if I run across a similar problem and I'll look for a pattern so you could identify what is causigng it.
TheSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #49
Calthine

ZAM EQII

On the dialog preceeding the quest "Repelling Little Creatures" (with Arrin Clelland in Frostfang Sea) you can ask how to use the quest item.  He gives you instructions to do so that does not include using them from the quest helper.  Dunno, you might want to update that

Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #50
Mermut

Loremaster

A Wonderous Invention of a Crazed Gnome.

For the second step you get 'Fizzwoddle's Core Sampler'.. it's a clicky item and it doesn't appear in the quest journal.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
Terrogaunt

Developer

Mermut wrote:

A Wonderous Invention of a Crazed Gnome.

For the second step you get 'Fizzwoddle's Core Sampler'.. it's a clicky item and it doesn't appear in the quest journal.

I didn't seem to run into this issue. It showed up at every step of the quest until it was taken away from me. Is it still happening with the item in your bags and the quest in your tracker?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #52
MrWolfie

Loremaster

The Triumph of Fear  Heal 6 wounded crusaders (NPCs) using an iksar healing tonic acquired from the dock near Xuurk.

The healing tonic does not show up as a quest bauble.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #53
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

The Triumph of Fear  Heal 6 wounded crusaders (NPCs) using an iksar healing tonic acquired from the dock near Xuurk.

The healing tonic does not show up as a quest bauble.

This one is working fine for me on live. Are you certain you're tracking the quest and have the potion in your bags?

Old 08-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #54
Delirya
Server: Guk
Guild: Eternal Legions

Loremaster

The item "essence entanglement device" for the quest "Seeking Answers" in Paineel isn't being umm.. baubled. edit: maybe because its something you craft for the quest?
Delirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #55
Solarax

Loremaster

thumbs up from us

Solarax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #56
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

The item "essence entanglement device" for the quest "Seeking Answers" in Paineel isn't being umm.. baubled. edit: maybe because its something you craft for the quest?

There's no quest association on the item. I'll add that in now. Thanks! SMILEY

Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #57
Delirya

Loremaster

The dummies for the TS quests in Steamfont are baubling either. Not sure if this is intended, but these are crafted too. 'Snot a problem - Sturdy Target Dummy aITEM 95653209 1190941460:Sturdy Target Dummy/a You're In The Gnary Now - Durable Target Dummy aITEM -1665475357 1554016977SMILEYurable Target Dummy/a Beaks Away! - Reinforced Target Dummy aITEM -339874699 965297820:Reinforced Target Dummy/a SMILEY
Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #58
Terrogaunt

Developer

[email protected] wrote:

The dummies for the TS quests in Steamfont are baubling either. Not sure if this is intended, but these are crafted too. 'Snot a problem - Sturdy Target Dummy aITEM 95653209 1190941460:Sturdy Target Dummy/a You're In The Gnary Now - Durable Target Dummy aITEM -1665475357 1554016977urable Target Dummy/a Beaks Away! - Reinforced Target Dummy aITEM -339874699 965297820:Reinforced Target Dummy/a

Didn't seem to run into any problems with those. The snotflinger and the tradeskill dummies appear to show up on 'Snot A Problem.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #59
Delirya

Loremaster

I definitely didn't have the dummies available as a button. Had to open bags for them like the olden days. The actual weapons were fine, the snot flinger etc. Next time I'll try unchecking and rechecking the quest to see if that helps though. I think I have one more toon I can take through those quest to try out. edit: Did these quests on another toon to check it out. The dummies are definitely not showing up as baubles for me. Maybe I'm buggy!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #60
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Quest: Treant Tactics

The willow reed flute does not show as a quest bauble until after you get the first update.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote